Associated Bank Employee Reviews

Nice Start
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WINovember 28, 2018
I did not stay at Associated Bank for a number of reasons, but I enjoyed my time there. The most important thing for me was the group I worked with. The original group was much more supportive and relatable than the group at the end. The compensation was low, and the benefits were minimal. However, I was in an entry-level position while a college student and they were very accommodating regarding my near constant changes in location and life circumstances.
Pros
Friendly and Flexible
Cons
Low Compensation
It a very fast past pace work place but a friendly enviorment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Hales Corners, WISeptember 13, 2018
A typical day at work is intaking calls from the time that I log in to the end of my shift. I have learn to listen and not interrupt the customers and to asked if there anything else that I can assist you with and thank them for banking with Associated Bank. The hardest thing is dealing with unsatisfied customers and trying to resolved the problem as quickly as possible. The most enjoyable part of my day is working with customer that make you laugh and appreciated you and attention to details and just good customer service.
Pros
I work every 3rd saturday
Cons
location if 45 to 50 mins each way every day
Good company to work for
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 13, 2018
I love working at Associated bank, great pay and benefits. My only complaints are that there is no work/life balance and my manager is poorly trained and inexperienced so we all get micromanaged. Long hours and consecutive shifts in a row. Get to wear jeans most fridays and commission is good.
Pros
Pay, benefits, commission, free banking and discounts on loans
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance, micromanaging
Ft Teller in Drive Thru
FT Teller (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, WI 53713August 6, 2018
Typically I was responsible for 4 lanes of a busy drive drive thru.
In addition to that was responsible for X amount of Sales per month.
Daily balancing was critical.
They culture in my branch was heavily Spanish speaking and needed interpreters often.
Some of the hardest things were the lack of assistance during rushes and the computer system crashing at a critical time that threw things into chaos.
Pros
Fairly decent hours
Cons
working Saturdays.
Worst Experience of Professional Career
Individual Contributor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 23, 2018
A company with great individual contributors but pockets of abysmal leadership, particularly in Senior Roles, which have beaten them down and made them afraid to take risks.

Just as bad - A 'Good Ol' Boy' club culture within certain departments that was toxic, particularly for female employees. There were times I felt like I had been transported back in time to an era reminiscent of 'Mad Men'.

I admire the CEO, but I fear that he either is not aware of, or indifferent to, most if not all of the HR time bombs he has lurking within the organization.
Pros
Competitive Salary, Generous PTO, Flexible Scheduling, Strong Commitment to giving back to local communities, Employee Resource Groups
Cons
Weak HR, Employees tacitly discouraged from reporting Work Place concerns, poor leadership at some SR levels
Enjoyable
Vault Teller/Loan Teller (Former Employee) –  Slinger, WISeptember 3, 2018
Enjoyed working with staff and the customers.
Relaxing and challenging place to work.
Met many different people and personalities which made me want to go into work every day.
The hardest part of the job was keeping customers happy if they felt we did them wrong.
Pros
Great community to work in.
Cons
Sometimes it was slow and boring.
Productive and fun environment to work.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILNovember 18, 2018
This position allowed me to enjoy the work I was doing while also being able to contribute and utilize my skills every day.

This position enabled me to learn a lot about the financial industry while ensuring advancement within the company.
started off well but then
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 21, 2018
no room for advancement lots of turn over, its a good old boys workplace. They make a lot of promises but no follow through just trying to keep you there another year.
Pros
still offer a pention
Cons
turnover no advancment
People are very friendly
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WI 54303September 22, 2018
People are friendly, it will take a year to grasp the majority of tribal knowledge however, there is limited opportunity for advancement. Benefits are comparable to others in the industry but compensation is lower.
Pros
Pension
Cons
work- life balance
Good overall company.
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIJanuary 4, 2019
Associated Bank was a good company to work for. I worked in a branch was in a grocery store so it was open seven days a week, That is one reason why I left. I didn't like working on multiple weekends per month.

Want to know more about Associated Bank?

Ask a question
Loved my job
CSR/Teller (Former Employee) –  Spooner, WIJuly 24, 2018
Typical day was 6.25 hrs. Learned alot about regulations and laws governing banks. Management very easy to work with. Some days very slow and some days hectic. Easy going atmosphere. Hardest part was being sure I did transactions correctly. I really enjoyed customer service.
Pros
Enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
I really can't think of any cons
Associated Bank
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 26, 2018
Advancement opportunities are available within the company if one is willing to work for them. Heavy turnover affected the ability for one to take on new challenges and experiences, stress levels a bit high sometimes and a lack of support from higher management.
I worked at Associated Bank from 1998 to 2000
Credit Analyst / Business Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 29, 2018
Started my career at Associated Bank right out of college as a Credit Analyst. Great place to work and develop my skills in credit and banking in general.
Kind fellow employees
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 23, 2018
Employees at Festival locations had an issue working 12 hour shifts sometimes without break. Associated Bank outside Festival received better hours and breaks. Due to that, many employees relocated and Festival locations were short staffed.
Great Company
Sr. Sales Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Associated Bank and deeply regret to this day leaving. It was such a relaxed employee friendly environment. I felt like part of a family as oppose to part of a team. There was always someone willing to help you and consistent team engagement events. The only downfall were the medical benefits. They were extremely expensive and not very good. That is my only complaint.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Horrible healthcare
Lacked leadership direction
Property Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WINovember 12, 2018
Position did not provide specific job duties or training. Lacked leadership direction. Support to perform daily work functions unfortunately was not there.
A blessing in disguise
LOSS MITIGATION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJuly 13, 2018
When I started at the bank while attending college, I never expected to make a career out of it but I have thoroughly enjoyed the last seven years at the bank. I had amazing colleagues, outstanding hours (off Saturdays and Sundays-role specific) and my management team was very involved.
Poor management
Senior Personal Trust Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIAugust 4, 2018
A lot of turnover and shortage of employees because they all leave because of management. Very stressful environment. This has been going on for years and nothing seems to be done about it from upper management.
Pros
Paid volunteer time
Cons
Vary Political and Driven by personal gain and power struggles.
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 30, 2018
Initially I enjoyed my job and was doing productive work and received excellent reviews. Over the years I was forced to accept reassignments to other groups in the Compliance area which was constantly in flux with changes in leadership. I had several managers changes within the first 5 years of my employment. My managers always knew less about the Regulatory Laws then I did. At first they were thankful for me working with them. Management changed frequently and as this happened the replacement knew less then former about Banking Regulations. Subsequently I was fired by a person who through politics was promoted to be my supervisor. I believe this was to consolidate her power over the compliance area.

Again, it was the Banks loss.
Pros
Great group of employess to work with at the same level.
Cons
Poor management by agressive managers.
Good Job Until It Wasn't
Banker II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2018
The job was exactly what you'd expect of a banking job until the culture changed drastically. It became much more sales focused and they stopped caring for the customer.
Pros
Cons
Lots of change, horrible training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Associated Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss