Associated Bank Employee Reviews

ok
Ach Dispute/Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 17, 2018
it was a ok place to work played favorites they worked around parents that had kids to let you off when they got sick so that was nice but other things not so good
Abc
Mortgage Loan Officer, Vice President (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2018
Good company to learn and grow professionally. Be willing to work hard and study to show willingness to grow and your career will flourish accordingly.
Fast paced
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hales Corners, WISeptember 27, 2018
Besides the customers being rude sometimes, I enjoyed the work. It allows you to be independent for the most part. Pay wasn’t bad, could’ve been better.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Quota to meet
Part time teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 25, 2018
Worked here while I went to school full time. There was a lot of workplace gossip and politics but you should be good if you go to work and mind your business.
People are very friendly
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WI 54303September 22, 2018
People are friendly, it will take a year to grasp the majority of tribal knowledge however, there is limited opportunity for advancement. Benefits are comparable to others in the industry but compensation is lower.
Pros
Pension
Cons
work- life balance
It a very fast past pace work place but a friendly enviorment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Hales Corners, WISeptember 13, 2018
A typical day at work is intaking calls from the time that I log in to the end of my shift. I have learn to listen and not interrupt the customers and to asked if there anything else that I can assist you with and thank them for banking with Associated Bank. The hardest thing is dealing with unsatisfied customers and trying to resolved the problem as quickly as possible. The most enjoyable part of my day is working with customer that make you laugh and appreciated you and attention to details and just good customer service.
Pros
I work every 3rd saturday
Cons
location if 45 to 50 mins each way every day
No work / life balance
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 12, 2018
Horrible Management especially the head person running all of the retail branches. It is a inner circle management style. If you are not in on the inner circle than you are treated unfairly. They have changed their culture there and now have more Assistant Managers running branches and also have too many unqualified Market Managers. They seem to give insubordinate employees more power than the Branch Managers because they are afraid of being sued. They find every year to cut personal Bankers incentive even though it is a sales job it does not feel you are compensated for it. They are also short staffed in 90 percent of their branches they expect exceptional service but they set you up to fail by not staffing the branches properly to provide the expectations. Once they purchased another Bank they did not even add appropriate staffing to the branches and backroom departments properly to accommodate all those new customers...thus upsetting existing and new customers. Mass exists of long term employees took place in June.
Pros
Training
Cons
No Work/Life balance, Senior Management has no clue how hard everyone works there.
RESIDENTIAL LENDING QA TECH III (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, wiSeptember 5, 2018
An amazing place to work. The company really cares about you an an employee and it has many opportunities for growth. The leadership is fresh and willing to see you grow.
Good Job Until It Wasn't
Banker II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2018
The job was exactly what you'd expect of a banking job until the culture changed drastically. It became much more sales focused and they stopped caring for the customer.
Pros
Cons
Lots of change, horrible training.
Enjoyable
Vault Teller/Loan Teller (Former Employee) –  Slinger, WISeptember 3, 2018
Enjoyed working with staff and the customers.
Relaxing and challenging place to work.
Met many different people and personalities which made me want to go into work every day.
The hardest part of the job was keeping customers happy if they felt we did them wrong.
Pros
Great community to work in.
Cons
Sometimes it was slow and boring.
Associated Bank
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 26, 2018
Advancement opportunities are available within the company if one is willing to work for them. Heavy turnover affected the ability for one to take on new challenges and experiences, stress levels a bit high sometimes and a lack of support from higher management.
Great job, when managed well
CCR (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 23, 2018
Chaotic. Nothing stays the same as it should. Everything is different or changing each day. Everything is chaotic. If something occurs or happens it is like the entire world is ending.
Kind fellow employees
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 23, 2018
Employees at Festival locations had an issue working 12 hour shifts sometimes without break. Associated Bank outside Festival received better hours and breaks. Due to that, many employees relocated and Festival locations were short staffed.
Worst Experience of Professional Career
Individual Contributor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 23, 2018
A company with great individual contributors but pockets of abysmal leadership, particularly in Senior Roles, which have beaten them down and made them afraid to take risks.

Just as bad - A 'Good Ol' Boy' club culture within certain departments that was toxic, particularly for female employees. There were times I felt like I had been transported back in time to an era reminiscent of 'Mad Men'.

I admire the CEO, but I fear that he either is not aware of, or indifferent to, most if not all of the HR time bombs he has lurking within the organization.
Pros
Competitive Salary, Generous PTO, Flexible Scheduling, Strong Commitment to giving back to local communities, Employee Resource Groups
Cons
Weak HR, Employees tacitly discouraged from reporting Work Place concerns, poor leadership at some SR levels
Nice place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  MilaukeeAugust 21, 2018
I enjoyed working here, unfortunately life happens and I was not being accommodated as I would like. I am a very fair person as well, so I knew it wasn't going to be fair to my other colleagues if I got to pick and choose my hours.
Good company to work for
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 13, 2018
I love working at Associated bank, great pay and benefits. My only complaints are that there is no work/life balance and my manager is poorly trained and inexperienced so we all get micromanaged. Long hours and consecutive shifts in a row. Get to wear jeans most fridays and commission is good.
Pros
Pay, benefits, commission, free banking and discounts on loans
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance, micromanaging
Ft Teller in Drive Thru
FT Teller (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, WI 53713August 6, 2018
Typically I was responsible for 4 lanes of a busy drive drive thru.
In addition to that was responsible for X amount of Sales per month.
Daily balancing was critical.
They culture in my branch was heavily Spanish speaking and needed interpreters often.
Some of the hardest things were the lack of assistance during rushes and the computer system crashing at a critical time that threw things into chaos.
Pros
Fairly decent hours
Cons
working Saturdays.
Poor management
Senior Personal Trust Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIAugust 4, 2018
A lot of turnover and shortage of employees because they all leave because of management. Very stressful environment. This has been going on for years and nothing seems to be done about it from upper management.
Pros
Paid volunteer time
Loved my job
CSR/Teller (Former Employee) –  Spooner, WIJuly 24, 2018
Typical day was 6.25 hrs. Learned alot about regulations and laws governing banks. Management very easy to work with. Some days very slow and some days hectic. Easy going atmosphere. Hardest part was being sure I did transactions correctly. I really enjoyed customer service.
Pros
Enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
I really can't think of any cons
A blessing in disguise
LOSS MITIGATION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJuly 13, 2018
When I started at the bank while attending college, I never expected to make a career out of it but I have thoroughly enjoyed the last seven years at the bank. I had amazing colleagues, outstanding hours (off Saturdays and Sundays-role specific) and my management team was very involved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Associated Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight