Associated Bank Employee Reviews

Ft Teller in Drive Thru
FT Teller (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, WI 53713August 6, 2018
Typically I was responsible for 4 lanes of a busy drive drive thru.
In addition to that was responsible for X amount of Sales per month.
Daily balancing was critical.
They culture in my branch was heavily Spanish speaking and needed interpreters often.
Some of the hardest things were the lack of assistance during rushes and the computer system crashing at a critical time that threw things into chaos.
Pros
Fairly decent hours
Cons
working Saturdays.
Poor management
Senior Personal Trust Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIAugust 4, 2018
A lot of turnover and shortage of employees because they all leave because of management. Very stressful environment. This has been going on for years and nothing seems to be done about it from upper management.
Pros
Paid volunteer time
Loved my job
CSR/Teller (Former Employee) –  Spooner, WIJuly 24, 2018
Typical day was 6.25 hrs. Learned alot about regulations and laws governing banks. Management very easy to work with. Some days very slow and some days hectic. Easy going atmosphere. Hardest part was being sure I did transactions correctly. I really enjoyed customer service.
Pros
Enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
I really can't think of any cons
A blessing in disguise
LOSS MITIGATION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJuly 13, 2018
When I started at the bank while attending college, I never expected to make a career out of it but I have thoroughly enjoyed the last seven years at the bank. I had amazing colleagues, outstanding hours (off Saturdays and Sundays-role specific) and my management team was very involved.
Vary Political and Driven by personal gain and power struggles.
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 30, 2018
Initially I enjoyed my job and was doing productive work and received excellent reviews. Over the years I was forced to accept reassignments to other groups in the Compliance area which was constantly in flux with changes in leadership. I had several managers changes within the first 5 years of my employment. My managers always knew less about the Regulatory Laws then I did. At first they were thankful for me working with them. Management changed frequently and as this happened the replacement knew less then former about Banking Regulations. Subsequently I was fired by a person who through politics was promoted to be my supervisor. I believe this was to consolidate her power over the compliance area.

Again, it was the Banks loss.
Pros
Great group of employess to work with at the same level.
Cons
Poor management by agressive managers.
Teller (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJune 29, 2018
Great benefits and pay but for part time people do not get the best hours. It prolly depends on Teller Supervisor though.

Training program is excellent. Technology is state of the art.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Hours
Great Company
Sr. Sales Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Associated Bank and deeply regret to this day leaving. It was such a relaxed employee friendly environment. I felt like part of a family as oppose to part of a team. There was always someone willing to help you and consistent team engagement events. The only downfall were the medical benefits. They were extremely expensive and not very good. That is my only complaint.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Horrible healthcare
Room for growth great business development
Retail Banker (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 30, 2018
Good company to work for however there is no work/Love balance. Great pension plan upper management is not in touch with the retail banking side. You will really have to fight for the salary you deserve because it is very inconsistent.
Pros
Pension plan
Cons
Salary
Banker
Banker II (Current Employee) –  Richmond, ILMay 25, 2018
great job if you like to sel.l filing, typing, customer service, cash balancing, reports, weekly expectations of how many accounts need to be opened. Talk to the customers find out what they need and hel them obtain it. Cross sell accounts and products.
Pros
love pople
Cons
small town no people to sell to
Good training and coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 15, 2018
Customer service and software training was good. Since it was a contract position there was limited opportunity for growth despite being interested in a regular full time position.

Want to know more about Associated Bank?

Ask a question
Na
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 7, 2018
Did not like working for this company. They were very focused on cold calls and I had a bad experience with the manager of the branch I worked out. Very unprofessional.
Good Team makes it fun
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIApril 23, 2018
Good Team is very important. Their policy - if you see something, say something- made me feel secure all the time. Apart than that a great team helps you in the right direction.
Would not recommend
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 22, 2018
It is not what you know but who you know when it comes to job advancement. Poorly managed by people who lack leadership skills and fundamental knowledge of how to lead a team and be unbiased in the work environment. Work itself is enjoyable and rewarding. Good benefit program. Rate of pay poor for job requirements.
Pros
Benefits, training
Cons
Management, poor leadership
Slow Pace and customer service focused
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNApril 16, 2018
Teller transactions
Missing documents
New accounts
Checking emails
Weekly Banker calls
Nice workplace culture but manager didn't have much knowledge
Pros
Flexiable schedule
Cons
Management not knowledgeable on products
Poor security management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIApril 7, 2018
I had an overall bad time working for Associated Bank. I worked physical security and it is shocking to me that this place in specific could stand out as bad in a field where you already don't expect much. For the time I worked there, just under a YEAR, I received no real training related to my job. Managers expected other on-site guards to handle this, while simultaneously disallowing you from contacting them most of the time for help. All of the security procedures that I needed to know were kept on an online system that required a login, which despite MANY attempts to get help from management, I NEVER received this login. This means that I had no clue what to do and if the other guard was not right there next to me I could not ask. Every time I brought this up, I was met with a "working on it." That is COMPLETELY ridiculous. The security managers had NO business being managers, especially the one directly over my location. The literal only time they contacted me was to reprimand me. I asked for help multiple times which I didn't receive. Not only that, but the higher up security manager, about two levels above mine, told my manager to have weekly training calls with me after I complained and asked for help. Guess what literally NEVER happened? It seemed as if the managers there simply didn't communicate things properly with each other, i.e. assigning days for mail logging and such. I would almost be happy to have been terminated if I didn't feel that it was such a messed up, wrong situation to begin with. I enjoyed working with some of the people I was around,  more... but it truly ends there.  less
Pros
Better pay than contracted security gets, some benefits
Cons
Horrible management, scared of talking to manager, travel, treatment of employees, lack of training
Lots of different opportunities in the Bank
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 2, 2018
I was a banker and manager in retail. Very good culture for the front line employees. Then, I moved to corporate. Not a very good culture there. close minded
Poor training
Colleague Care Payroll Rep (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 30, 2018
Started as a temp employee for helping out with the new payroll system. Checking out the state payroll tax rate and comparing to what they should be, Enjoyed comparing the new system to the old system.
Pros
Enjoyed comparing the new and old system.
Cons
Training
had fun.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Grand Chute, WIMarch 24, 2018
I had a good experience at Associated Bank, both times I worked there. My co-workers were great and they made working fun. The only con is that the pay wasn't that good.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 22, 2018
The banking industry is a very difficult industry to work for. However, I enjoy my position as a manager and there are great leaders within the company. The CEO is transparent and accessible. Sometimes the sales culture is tough and can be draining.
Great workplace with a lot of amenities and benefits
Residential Quality Assurance Technician III (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 13, 2018
A typical day is spent examining and reconciling loan documentation. You are always learning and growing in this position because procedures are constantly changing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Associated Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight