Associated Bank Employee Reviews

Good training and coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 15, 2018
Customer service and software training was good. Since it was a contract position there was limited opportunity for growth despite being interested in a regular full time position.
Na
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 7, 2018
Did not like working for this company. They were very focused on cold calls and I had a bad experience with the manager of the branch I worked out. Very unprofessional.
Good Team makes it fun
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIApril 23, 2018
Good Team is very important. Their policy - if you see something, say something- made me feel secure all the time. Apart than that a great team helps you in the right direction.
Would not recommend
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 22, 2018
It is not what you know but who you know when it comes to job advancement. Poorly managed by people who lack leadership skills and fundamental knowledge of how to lead a team and be unbiased in the work environment. Work itself is enjoyable and rewarding. Good benefit program. Rate of pay poor for job requirements.
Pros
Benefits, training
Cons
Management, poor leadership
Slow Pace and customer service focused
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNApril 16, 2018
Teller transactions
Missing documents
New accounts
Checking emails
Weekly Banker calls
Nice workplace culture but manager didn't have much knowledge
Pros
Flexiable schedule
Cons
Management not knowledgeable on products
Poor security management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIApril 7, 2018
I had an overall bad time working for Associated Bank. I worked physical security and it is shocking to me that this place in specific could stand out as bad in a field where you already don't expect much. For the time I worked there, just under a YEAR, I received no real training related to my job. Managers expected other on-site guards to handle this, while simultaneously disallowing you from contacting them most of the time for help. All of the security procedures that I needed to know were kept on an online system that required a login, which despite MANY attempts to get help from management, I NEVER received this login. This means that I had no clue what to do and if the other guard was not right there next to me I could not ask. Every time I brought this up, I was met with a "working on it." That is COMPLETELY ridiculous. The security managers had NO business being managers, especially the one directly over my location. The literal only time they contacted me was to reprimand me. I asked for help multiple times which I didn't receive. Not only that, but the higher up security manager, about two levels above mine, told my manager to have weekly training calls with me after I complained and asked for help. Guess what literally NEVER happened? It seemed as if the managers there simply didn't communicate things properly with each other, i.e. assigning days for mail logging and such. I would almost be happy to have been terminated if I didn't feel that it was such a messed up, wrong situation to begin with. I enjoyed working with some of the people I was around,  more... but it truly ends there.  less
Pros
Better pay than contracted security gets, some benefits
Cons
Horrible management, scared of talking to manager, travel, treatment of employees, lack of training
Lots of different opportunities in the Bank
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 2, 2018
I was a banker and manager in retail. Very good culture for the front line employees. Then, I moved to corporate. Not a very good culture there. close minded
Poor training
Colleague Care Payroll Rep (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 30, 2018
Started as a temp employee for helping out with the new payroll system. Checking out the state payroll tax rate and comparing to what they should be, Enjoyed comparing the new system to the old system.
Pros
Enjoyed comparing the new and old system.
Cons
Training
had fun.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Grand Chute, WIMarch 24, 2018
I had a good experience at Associated Bank, both times I worked there. My co-workers were great and they made working fun. The only con is that the pay wasn't that good.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 22, 2018
The banking industry is a very difficult industry to work for. However, I enjoy my position as a manager and there are great leaders within the company. The CEO is transparent and accessible. Sometimes the sales culture is tough and can be draining.
Great workplace with a lot of amenities and benefits
Residential Quality Assurance Technician III (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 13, 2018
A typical day is spent examining and reconciling loan documentation. You are always learning and growing in this position because procedures are constantly changing.
Horrible
Colleague (Former Employee) –  Greater Milwaukee areaMarch 8, 2018
Short staffed more than 20 consecutive months, goals still in place as if a full staff was there, work life balance does not exist, management expected to cancel approved time off due to short staff, all neighboring branches also short staffed leaving no one to help fill in during short staff.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything mentioned
Good company to work for
Investment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 4, 2018
Community minded organization. Good team I work with. I have one of the best bosses I've ever had. They seem to care about good work home life balance. I'm proud to say I work for this company.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Hard to move around in company
Typical corporate bank culture
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIMarch 1, 2018
I was there as it evolved and grew during several acquisitions. It became much more centralized and less responsive to local communities. Senior leadership seemed to come and go rather quickly and with it came a lot of external hires that overlooked qualified internal candidates. It also seemed to have a different focus and culture with each change in leadership.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Too corporate, no sense of belonging
Work here if you like working two jobs to afford to live
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 14, 2018
The pay is terrible - you pretty much need a second job to afford a decent standard of living. Good luck trying to get a raise even after years working and if you don't suck up to management you will never get promoted. Speaking out and trying to help give constructive feedback will only make sure you are not going to get ahead. They will try and make you do silly sales tricks to get people to open products they don't need and only care about selling things to people they do not need. And if you don't do it they will put you on performance improvement plans and tell you if you don't do it you might lose your job.
Pros
At least you get paid at all
Cons
Staying here longer then a month
the most enjoyable job
Proof Operator (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 13, 2018
Love that job as doing the filing was give me a lot of active to do. This is the most position that i have been interesting this and it give me so much to do.
Good Work Environment wonderful customers
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 11, 2018
My experience at Associated Bank was a good one. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the customers as well as my fellow employees. The training was very though and easy to understand
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Communication from management
I enjoyed my time ...
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Hales Corners, WIFebruary 6, 2018
It was an open environment where my ideas were taken in consideration even though I was a contract employee. Even I was a contract employee I treated the same as regular employee. I was offered as much over timed I wanted to work. The programs where easy to learn and understand.
Pros
free lunch every other Friday
Cons
Working long hours in the summer
Great experience earned, stronger management needed,
Positions held- Banker 2, Universal Banker, Teller (Former Employee) –  WisconsinFebruary 5, 2018
The experience I earned was awesome, although, the management in needs a lot of work, including but not limited to, more guidance, more experience for managers, better attitudes, and less favoritism
Benefits
So much fun
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIJanuary 26, 2018
Everyday you talked to different people to find their needs and try to achieve them. Working in a fast paced environment was sometimes a challenge but was always fun.
Pros
Friends and conversations
Cons
Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Associated Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight