Associated Credit Union Employee Reviews

Good company
Branch Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJanuary 16, 2019
I think it's a great company to work for. Not much room for advancement unless you are willing to drive. Short staffed constantly and that's very stressful
Benefits
Cons
Short staffed
Smokes and mirror
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross GAOctober 2, 2018
I had high hopes when I joined this company. This quickly changed when I got my foot in the door. Everyone seemed friendly. I accepted the job because of the hours. Training was not what I expected. My job requirements shifted quickly. Although I loved my close coworkers , My work area was not warm at all. My health started declining in such a unsanitary place. Jobs were not properly researched for the positions that were being filled. This place is frozen in time. Management is not held accountable for anything which creates an unhealthy dictatorship culture that no real talent will tolerate. Promotions and transfers are not evaluated by employees performance but by management opinions. Overall don’t let the freebies fool you. It’s just smoke and mirrors. I wish them the best.
Pros
Work life bal, free food, 401K
Cons
Unclear policies and procedures, unprofessional, unhealthy culture, low pay, inadequate training, poor management
Rewarded one of the top places to be employed
Member Service Representative or Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXApril 15, 2018
I enjoyed the not only the atmosphere but the culture at ACU. We were one big family that made sure to reach all financial goals and have a great experience while doing so. I've learned that when you actually care about the job that you are doing and are able to build a sense of rapport with all your customers your jobs can easily be done both effectively and efficiently.
Decent Place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Peachtree Corners, GAMarch 1, 2018
Depending on your manager this could be a fantastic place to work. Luckily my manager is one of those. Not too hands on but willing to help you with anything. The culture at ACU is very much like a family.
Love the company
Bank Service Representative (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 11, 2017
Love the company. The pay is great, and benefits are amazing. If you want security in a job, this is for you. Only thing is that it takes a while to be promoted to anything.
Great Benefits
Mortgage Quality Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 28, 2017
Great Benefits, and great bonus program. I like that ACU is very involved in charitable events and gives to the community
fun place to work
Full time Msr (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJune 20, 2016
Great place to work, great benefits, this job teaches you everything you need to know about banking. it has its ups and downs but the best part about it is that you learn something new everyday...
Pros
great banking knowledge
Cons
long hours especially in an instore branch
Great workplace with even better benefits
Online Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2016
Great company that treats employees like a big daily, I can honestly say I got lucky to work for such grew place. Co-workers were like family and we try to help each other out as much s possible. The hardest part of the job is easily the call volume on certain days, that could get over whelming but you are not the only one going through it so its team work until the end. The most enjoyable part of the job was our fantastic President and all the special treats, lunches, gift cards, bonuses, and employee days we received. Definitely a great place to work at.
Pros
benefits, the pay, and the hours were great (only first shift)
Cons
management could've done better job, but everything else was great here
Great People ( Aweful Management and Leadership)
Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 12, 2015
I have worked for ACU for 2+ years and even though my job description wasn't created until I created it. I was still willing to invest in the company and build a career. Unfortunelty, there are no career advancement opportunities unless your liked by all the executives and management. The political nonesense is rampid and it really doesn't matter about your skills or education they will low- ball you unless you have them backed in to a corner or threaten to leave them in a lurch. If your fresh out of college or are willing to start at the bottom or fresh out of high school then this is a great place to work. If your goal driven and are looking to grow and be compensated for your talent, you will be dissappointed. Although there are some really great people here at ACU that doesn't compensate for the lack of professionalism, passing the buck mentality and just outward managerial bullying. I hope this review helps someone to really understand the dynamics of this organization. Good Luck...
Pros
lots of long term employees, bonuses, 401k match
Cons
no growth, saleries aren't competative, unawre of job details, lots of brown-nosing
15 min massage two times a month and couch to nap
Collector (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 5, 2015
Great place to work at and really in to doing lots of charity work, submitted hours once a week, had one office, and schedule lunch on your on time.
Pros
got paid for the whole day for doing charity work and lots of food!
Cons
not working there any longer
Internship
Marketing Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 31, 2015
Great connection to consumers. Gave interns the opportunity to learn the field and practice the craft of marketing from a different perspective.
Not that great!
IT Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Norcross GASeptember 2, 2014
ACU was great when i first started there. After 2 months of being there, they decided to move the other Helpdesk person into his own role and away from answering the phones and the ticketing system. When this was done, they put everything on me and then didnt like that i was taking to long to complete tickets, they where trying to say that i would close tickets without getting them resolved. When i asked to specifics, they could not provide them to me. At the end of it all they told me to pick out a date that would be my last day, and when asked if they where firing, they said no and that what happens next is up to me. They would not allow me to stay and forced me to resign from my positions.
Pros
They will pay for any certifications that you wants, the break room has a good amount of food and drinks that you only have to pay half price for.
Cons
Wokerd until 6pm, but i had class that started at 6, they would not work with me about when i could get off to go to class.
At the beginning it was a good place...
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 16, 2014
... then you do member services and loans all together.
Members get mad because we don't have enough people to answer the calls. Very stressful environment.
benefits
Cons
high volume of calls, short staff
Fun Group
Head Teller/ Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GaJune 12, 2014
I loved my job as far as my co-workers. I hope to have that again soon. We were all a very close group. The company however went under new management. It didn't bode well to the members or the staff. I have to say I did learn a lot at this particular job. Not only work wise but personally in a sense I grew up their.
Pros
healthcare and other benefits
Cons
training
very busy and fun place to work
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2013
I loved my job when i worked there. The drive was the only thing that made me change jobs and leave this company.
ok place to work
Branch Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 4, 2012
flexible with schedule. not many position in my field of interest
Pros
a relax place
Cons
small for different opportunity