Associated Foods Stores, Inc | Associated Food Stores, Inc

Associated Foods Stores, Inc | Associated Food Stores, Inc Employee Reviews

Fast-paced, respected, fun environment.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farr West, UTApril 4, 2019
•Used different warehouse equipment daily: aisle fork, reach truck, pallet jack.
•Used a complex computer system to track and log in information on all the product in the warehouse.
•Counted product in slots, while also checking for any damaged or expired. Then recouping the items that were able to be resold.
•Worked with other warehouse employees and leaders in a quickly manner to find missing product, adjust the quantity, etc so items go out to stores on time.
•Constantly go through many steps, research, clues to find missing pallets that are worth hundreds/thousands then force disciplinary action to those responsible.
•Many different tasks you can do everyday, not boring.
•Took the job seriously and so I was given a high amount of respect from the other employees and leaders.
•Hardest part was trying to find the product as fast as you could, but also was fun - like a scavenger hunt and made day go by fast.
•It felt good to help people.
Pros
Fun people, fast-paced, served food there
Cons
On your feet all day, can be smelly.
Stressful unsafe
Order puller (Former Employee) –  Farr West, UTApril 3, 2019
Very fast paced and unsafe working environment when all that matters is how fast you can work and that's it. Accidents are bound to happen when safety is the "priority" but in reality non existent there. Save yourself the trouble and find something else.
not a good job
AISLE FORK (Former Employee) –  Farr West, UTJanuary 17, 2019
management sucks your mistreated there. people are young and rude. favoritisms is for sure. i worked there for four years and finally realized there's other jobs similar that pay higher like smiths. You want to make more money you need to be a thing called "senior level." BUT only one person for every department can BE senior level, and the ones that have are spoiled and done deserve it, they got it out of favoritism.
Pros
stable job
Cons
bad manage management and higher ups.
Coworkers are awesome
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Farr West, UTJanuary 7, 2019
Not a great place to work. I wouldn't recommend it. No advancement. They don't care about their team members. Hard work doesn't pay off, in the end its who you know.
Warhorse, shipping, Order filling
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Farr West, UTDecember 14, 2018
Great company of you are able to travel to farr west. Management is great, always checking in their employees and offered plenty of over time. Only thing I could have personally used while there, was re placement to a more suiting position.
It was ok
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Farr West, UTNovember 7, 2018
It's ok if you like to kill your self. No one has any discipline everyone just does what they want. Favoritism is the worst. I worked there for like 3 years and almost got ran over every day. So you if like being cocky think your better than everyone else and love almost being ran over every day this is for you. Oh yeah most the people that work there are straight out high school so a lot of the days are like your back in school. The pay is good though base is 14.70 plus chances to make up to 20 a hour based on performance
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Farr West, UTOctober 26, 2018
If management was a little better at accountability it would be better but people can get away with murder at times but others get nailed to the ground. Seems to have favorites for sure but stay out of the office and life is good.. insurance keeps going up and up and the worst coverage with high deductible.its the reason why I left was getting out of hand spending 15% of my income to pay for insurance and also the deductible...
Pros
Great equipment, pay
Cons
Management, insurance
Fresh market is an alright company
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  South Ogden, UTOctober 23, 2018
Fresh market doesn’t not give raises or any kind of bonuses, they don’t hire people for jobs that deserve them, and are sometimes really difficult to work for. I am great full that I was hired and given the experience I need to apply for other jobs but my family is my priority and fresh market is not making it easy to stay.
Fun Workplace
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Farr West, UTOctober 22, 2018
Very Competitive , challenging job , Lots of overtime provided , Much like a gym. All the employees are very nice and helpful with the new employees .
Pros
1 paid 34 minute break
Cons
No Down Time
Very relaxed and fun, with decent hours.
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Fillmore, UTAugust 28, 2018
I worked at a branch of Associated Foods which was privately owned. So it may differ from the typical chain. But I loved working there! my boss and customer service workers were absolutely wonderful, the environment was relaxed and fun, and I loved almost all of my co-workers.
Pros
Free leftover food from deli, discounted drinks
Cons
long time on feet, occasional boredom
Productive and fun environment to be work in.
Freight and backend (Current Employee) –  Loa, UTJune 17, 2018
I really like working and enjoy this company. It's very quick pace and I like to get everything done and ready for the next day to keep things going. Keeping everything looking good is very important and help sales alot.
Pros
Discount cards
Cons
Short break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Associated Foods Stores, Inc | Associated Food Stores, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Associated Foods Stores, Inc | Associated Food Stores, Inc Reviews by Job Title