Associated Home Care, Inc. Employee Reviews

A great learning experience
Care-GiverHousekeeper (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAJanuary 31, 2019
I loved working there the clients were awesome and staff was fabulous just poor communication skills with some schedulers and the fact that you wanted set hours and it seems like that would change on a daily basis with short notice. But the staff tried there best
Cons
communication s skills
Terrible Agency
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 20, 2019
When you apply this agency says they have a lot hours.
They only give you few hours most of them far and home maker (clean client house)
If you call for hours they always say they dont have Home Health Aide hours.
But I realize when I spoke with all caregivers in this agency some of them had few hours but few have a lot hours all the time and the coordinators keep calling them for more hours.
I know this coordinator who always text from her private phone to a caregiver to give a client all the time.
If you work more than 40 hours weekly they dont pay you overtime.( They’re blending your rate.)
They pay you a measly mileage.
If you stay little longer with a client for any reason this agency does not pay for those extra minutes.

I left few messages to a coordinator and never call me back.

If you lost your permanent client for any reason (vacation, go to nursing home or death)
It can take weeks and months and they never call you to give you hours.
Cons
Liilte hours
Great at first until they take advantage
Homemaker / Home Health Aid (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 20, 2019
No career advancement, no raises, terrible communication overall. The schedulers refuse to listen to any concerns or problems you might have with clients. They don’t care as long as their part of the job is done.
Excellent
HHA - Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 5, 2019
Excellent workplace. When in need of hours, they offer it. I love all my clients. There is no benefits. I would consider this a great part time, when in need of extra money
shady company
HHA (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MANovember 22, 2018
this company will just lie to you. before i took the HHA training i as promised 14, only received 13. Office workers lie to you constantly and tell you one thing and put you down for something else. Very bad communication between field workers and office. Office workers do not document things that should be documented which falls back on field worker. Will put words in your mouth and bait you to quit. Does not care about availability and will schedule you outside your availability. I could honestly go on and on about how bad this company is. I just wanted to help the elderly.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
stress, office personnel
Terrible Managment
Homemaker (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 29, 2018
The only reason I even remotely want to stay with this company is the clientele base. I love my clients. The management is horrible and I have been with them for 3 years and got one 30 cent raise. it a complete joke. They are so poor when it comes to communication.
Pros
not many
Cons
management, communication, pay, organzation
New company
Scheduler pre billing case manager on call (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 26, 2018
When they switch to corporate worked for a company who no longer cared. Their was tons of things promised that were not fulfilled with pay raises and advancements at work
Communication
Supportive care aide (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAAugust 17, 2018
I love my job with associated homecare-they hired me at 55 and keep me busy,i show up prepared for a work day and deal with issues as they arrive,only downside is communication could be better.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Communication
They do not care about the employees
Home Health Care Aide / Home Maker (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAAugust 13, 2018
They only want to fill positions. This company needs to care more about their patients and employees. AHC does not have knowledgeable people in the office. I never got time to have lunch other than while I was driving from one house to another.
Fast paced, stressfull office job.
Scheduler/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJune 11, 2018
The day in the life of a scheduler, consists of ensuring that all clients receive service that are intending to. If workers call out, a replacement must be found.
Senior management is not supportive, and it can be hard to communicate concerns/issues.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
stressfull, work-life balance
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brookline, MAMay 30, 2018
Keeps you very productive throughout your shift. Something i learned within working with the company is to have patients with elderly citizens. The most enjoyable part of the job is to interact with others and meet new people as time goes by.
If you ask for hours they never seem to have what you are certified fior...
HHA - Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  WocesterMay 25, 2018
If you want hours you wait forever.. if they offer you something you are crucified for tefusing if its not what you are looking for.. if you need hours dont homd yiur breath. You can not pay your bills on this u less you want to clean house all week,
Pros
No one breathing down your neck
Cons
Not enough work in my area
Awful
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 21, 2018
Associated Home Care treats staff terribly. There is little advancement and there is never any comfort. People are treated as disposable and no one knows if today is their last day.
relaxed and positive place to work
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 17, 2018
it was only part time but it was very easy going and the people are very nice. always had schedule and pay on time and they really care about their workers.
No Hours at this Company
CNA/CHHA (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 12, 2018
I honestly do not know why they keep asking people to apply. They have absolutely no hours to give! I worked for them in the past and would work for them again if they had the hours. It seems like a game with them - they give you 20 hours one week and when you get comfortable thinking you will have 20 hours for the coming weeks, they employ 2 or 3 more people and divide the 20 hours among 3 people. Outrageous! So eventually, all 3 people quit because of lack of hours. They just don't get it. They have had some of the brightest, caring, knowledgeable, honest people worked for them. They just cannot keep them! So their clients are the ones who suffer in the end because they have to put up with getting no service or having a different caregiver each week. I think their management need to be sent on a training course.
Pros
Good clients to take cate of
Cons
Not enough hours
Family oriented, flexible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSApril 21, 2018
Love the company, the people, and the atmosphere. Very caring and understanding. The only thing I think needs improvement is rare of pay, no vacations, and over time pay is low.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low pay
HHA - Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 23, 2018
Good company has many flexibility of different kind of shift very good people to work with .i really enjoy work with this company. Don’t work weekends.
Pros
Cons
Health care
business is closed
Home Care Executive/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bad Axe, MIMarch 8, 2018
The boss was most impressed by going fishing and drinking beer. The next in charge was really awful. They are both gone now. The person who replaced them was wonderful but has since retired.
benefits
Cons
the people in charge at the time
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Marblehead, MAMarch 6, 2018
nothing to say about this company. I learned a few things but that was on my own.
went to work in the morning did my job and went home. management was not very helpful. trying to get hours was hard, never enough to make a living on. I really enjoyed the clients.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Muy buena compañía
HHA/PCA (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJanuary 31, 2018
Es muy buena y organizada las personas que trabajan ahí son muy respetuoso y amables.
Pros
Ninguno

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Associated Home Care, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8