Associated Home Care, Inc. Employee Reviews

Awful
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 21, 2018
Associated Home Care treats staff terribly. There is little advancement and there is never any comfort. People are treated as disposable and no one knows if today is their last day.
No Hours at this Company
CNA/CHHA (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 12, 2018
I honestly do not know why they keep asking people to apply. They have absolutely no hours to give! I worked for them in the past and would work for them again if they had the hours. It seems like a game with them - they give you 20 hours one week and when you get comfortable thinking you will have 20 hours for the coming weeks, they employ 2 or 3 more people and divide the 20 hours among 3 people. Outrageous! So eventually, all 3 people quit because of lack of hours. They just don't get it. They have had some of the brightest, caring, knowledgeable, honest people worked for them. They just cannot keep them! So their clients are the ones who suffer in the end because they have to put up with getting no service or having a different caregiver each week. I think their management need to be sent on a training course.
Pros
Good clients to take cate of
Cons
Not enough hours
Could have been a more supportive workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 26, 2018
Although this was a typical home health. There was a lack of support from the office and management. That is probably why they were sold and are no lo ger in business.
Pros
Patient co tact
Cons
Lack of support
Family oriented, flexible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSApril 21, 2018
Love the company, the people, and the atmosphere. Very caring and understanding. The only thing I think needs improvement is rare of pay, no vacations, and over time pay is low.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low pay
HHA - Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 23, 2018
Good company has many flexibility of different kind of shift very good people to work with .i really enjoy work with this company. Don’t work weekends.
Pros
Cons
Health care
business is closed
Home Care Executive/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bad Axe, MIMarch 8, 2018
The boss was most impressed by going fishing and drinking beer. The next in charge was really awful. They are both gone now. The person who replaced them was wonderful but has since retired.
benefits
Cons
the people in charge at the time
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Marblehead, MAMarch 6, 2018
nothing to say about this company. I learned a few things but that was on my own.
went to work in the morning did my job and went home. management was not very helpful. trying to get hours was hard, never enough to make a living on. I really enjoyed the clients.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Muy buena compañía
HHA/PCA (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJanuary 31, 2018
Es muy buena y organizada las personas que trabajan ahí son muy respetuoso y amables.
Pros
Ninguno
its a good inverment
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 21, 2018
Working for Associated home care is a great company they always look out for you also work with your hours.. only thing is they don't have a lot of clients local.
Rewarding job but too many miles to drive
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 17, 2018
Although I loved this job and helping care for the elderly and those that were not capable of caring for themselves, this job never provided enough hours. They expect you to drive miles away from client to client and do not compensate enough for the gas milage you put on your car. My car took a beating from driving the long distances they had me driving. If they had employees take clients in a particular town instead of driving from one town to another it would be a much more reasonable job. They pay for training hours and also after working for the company for a while they give you opportunity to gain other certifications such as PCA and HHA.
Very flexible job
Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA) (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MADecember 20, 2017
I learned alot from their CHHA training and had the best instructor ever! The best part of my job is meeting new people and establishing trusting relationships with them. The worst part of my job is driving from place to place, sometimes its alot of miles. The agency itself is extremely unorganized and has a lack of communication between the office staff, case managers, and HHA's.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
driving, lack of communication
Chaos
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Malden, MANovember 20, 2017
It seems this company is more concerned with making money than it is on the Elderly population we serve, and the Home Care Aides that provide the real service are being subjected to a company that is trying to hard to be more tech savvy in this Growing Industry, and they are not being given the correct tools or proper trading and guidance, in how to even navigate the complicated system of just trying to get paid. And often are not getting paid correctly. But there are plenty of places to call. Unless you are looking to resolve an issue
flexibility
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAOctober 7, 2017
agency provides generous flexibility. any client concerns are addressed by nursing staff while also providing follow up. continuing education is provided.
flexible
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAOctober 5, 2017
your schedule is assigned to you but they are flexible to let you work the hours that you want. It is easy to get a good schedule one day and a ad schedule the next day. Annual pay raises but I did not see one and no raise when minimum wage increased and was equivalent to your pay. Many of the clients are nice. The summer can get very hot inside the clients homes
Pros
flexible
Cons
hot summers
Not the place for me
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Indian Orchard, MAOctober 3, 2017
Was given no hours without reason. I went on maternity leave. I gave 3 week notice. When it came time for me to leave I was met with adversity and anger from management. When i returned i was given no hours and forced to quit.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Poor management
I would not recommend
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 2, 2017
Associated home care is an irresponsible company. Management at this company sucks. They are very unorganized and are not there 95% of the time you need them as an employee.
Wonderful job to work for
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAAugust 3, 2017
In my experience I enjoyed working for associated home care it's so much easier going to work when you know your able to help those who need assistance it's truly a blessing
Job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 15, 2017
The workspace and agency is quite busy and disorganized. The management also failed to create consistent schedules. Overall the agency had a lot of reconstruction to do.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unstable
Not a fun place to work.
Human Resource Compliance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 8, 2017
With the transition of two companies comes a lot of insecurity but the lack of knowing that you won't have a job at the end of a month was very unsettling for me.
Pros
Cons
NOthing
Never work there
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MA and fitchburg maJune 27, 2017
Never work there they don't treat you good at all and they give you not enough hrs like they promised you and the pay you little for what they have you doing
Pros
Not good
Cons
Dont work there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Associated Home Care, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.