Associated Materials Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Working at associated materials
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAJuly 28, 2018
I am a temp worker right now an have been there for 2 week's. I knew the 2nd shift that I was going to work for the job offer at the end of my obligation to My temp agency. I have net ppl that in my 2 week's there that I have never met at jobs that I have been at for yrs. The management is incredible they are right there on the floor working right next to us daily. The hrs are there for the ppl who want to work.. They told me from the 1st day that they don't See Me or anyone else there from a temp agency temps we are associates period. I'm very blessed to have this job. I am very grateful for the chance to show them that I deserve a job offer.
Pros
The whole management team an the upper management
Cons
no time for personal things or life.
Ok for entry level, but don't stay long and don't expect career advancement
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJuly 10, 2018
The corporate environment leaves a lot to be desired. The management is apathetic to the salaried and hourly employee. There is an air of "tow the company line" and maintain the status quo. Proactive change is not part of their agenda. Employee satisfaction is not a priority. Medical benefits are absurdly expensive. No structured PTO policy- at the discretion of your manager. Micromanaging is a way of life here. Employee be aware!
Fast paced but fun place to work
Quality Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 19, 2018
I was a quality engineer intern for 3 months. I learned a lot about the manufacturing process and would really like another quality engineering position sometime.
Worry about Job Security
Director of Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMay 22, 2018
Always worrying about job security not knowing who is buying us .

Wish managment would come clean . No job security whatsoever

Cant stand tghe presssure
Poorly run
Accurate data entry (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMay 10, 2018
The Managers are a nightmare except for one who left which is the reason why I left. The work load is uneven the lazy people don't have to work and the good employees have to do everything for the same pay as the lazy workers. Being a good worker who is on time, there daily and a hard worker gets you nothing but over worked.
Benefits
Cons
uneven work load, bad management
hated getting laid off
Assistant Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHApril 25, 2018
I really don't rememeber or care aout this company
it has been a long time and I cantrecall
I was laid off and moved on. get your research from spmeobne elase
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Excellent organization
Supervisor, Window Customer Service/Support (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHApril 24, 2018
I had almost 20 years with Associated Materials Inc and it was a fantastic organization. I learned so much. I started doing customer service and was promoted from team leader to supervisor. Very supportive team!!!
Pros
Vacation, health benefits, 401K, Advancement
Plant Manager
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 16, 2018
I worked well with people, both as a leader and as a team player. I can do the Plant Manager job. I can look for planning, execution, and cost control.
Pros
I can do the Plant Manager job pretty well.
Cons
There will be a production obstacle but I can fix it.
Dont do it
Unknown (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAApril 11, 2018
First off The Supervisor in the Fife plant is a raging B.
This company does not know how to functionally run a production line. Nor do they know how to properly staff a production line. There is no sense of direction while at work. There is lack of training, to new Associates coming in. The leadership staff otherwise known as Leeds black, knowledge on how to approach people and concerns. There are multiple safety violations, that proves Hazard to employees. The safety coordinator baffles me at the lack of knowledge that he possesses for his position. Don't work here!
Cons
Not enjoyable. Hostile Environment.
Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 9, 2018
It was very hostile environment to work in and the pay was not up to par with the hard work and extremely long hours that you would work. And benefits were basically non existent.
Solid Company
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMarch 22, 2018
I highly enjoyed my time with this company however position was eliminated due to lack of sales and support to keep production moving.
This being a national company there is always room to relocate to another region if desired and room for advancement.
Lack of diversity
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMarch 16, 2018
Typical day at work was to be at work at 7am. Dealt with contractors all day. All sales people were fairly mature. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving early.
Not a good place for entry position
Shipping Supervisor / Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZ 85365March 7, 2018
High amount of turn over. Management sees employees as expendable. Lots of hours at minimum wage. Some employees have 11 years and make fifty cents more than a new employee.
Pros
free water
Cons
lots of heat and hard work
Horrible Place to work!!
Management (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAFebruary 1, 2018
Bad upper management and leadership. Working environment is very unsafe. Longggggg hours to the point where you never get to see your family. If you complain about the hours they threaten and intimidate you.

Very hostile working environment. Lots of employee turnover.

Best advice I could give is don't ever work here.
Pros
Not working here
Cons
Everything!!!! Don't do it l!!!
Fair place to work
Window frame assembly line (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 28, 2018
Not a bad place to work at all I did not work here very long due to the fact that I had moved to a different state for personal reasons and was also brought in through a temp service but there was a lot of Spanish-speaking people that did not speak English so it can be very hard to work around somebody that is not bilingual when you cannot speak with them
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Language barrier with other employees
Terribly managed
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 17, 2018
The hour's change by the day. The management is terrible. They let you know you can and will be replaced if need be. They worked us for a month straight without any days off! Usually working us 60-70 hours a week with only one day off. 12 hour days with only an hour break all day
Pros
Good money
Cons
Short breaks, long days, one off day a week
Long Days, Sleepless Nights But The People Make The Job
Insulated Glass Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJanuary 4, 2018
The company has the most awesome people and the management guys are great. the job its self is very heavy labor, fast paced, cut throat, incredibly stressful, very very long days and your lucky if you get a day off. but the people make it worth it.
One of the worst places ever stay away
Contractor (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 9, 2017
I'm not allowed to post whast I really thing ,inappropriate I guess we'll this place except for engineering,is the worst place to work at ... managers,worst ever,higher ups even worse,it's a joke to work for or at this place
Pros
Engineering employees are nice, helpful, not full of themselves
Cons
Everything else, people with a little bit of power abuse it
Cool place to work, but lead postions lack knowledge of workflow
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Fife, WANovember 29, 2017
Lead positions lacking knowledge did not make the work less appealing or less desiring to work for the company although it is very unorganized and at times does not have things fully in order.
Pros
Lunch truck, down time, easy process to learn
Cons
Unorganized, lead positions lacking knowlege of workflow
Pay is good but people are not
Material Handler and Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 15, 2017
Pay and benefits are really great for a warehouse job but the management is not great. Only a couple of decent humans, the rest are rude and people like to get angry instead of providing productive criticism.