Associated Materials Employee Review

View all Associated Materials reviews

Challenging work environment
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 25, 2014
A typical day of work for me begins with releasing a download at 7am for another department, as the girl who works there doesn't arrive until 8am. I then release a schedule for the previous day, outlining which lines have taken which of their labels and which haven't. I will release a production report for the plant if the lady who does them isn't there. I then complete a standard download for all lines, then work on reports for HR until lunch. After lunch I complete last-minute rush order labels for the lines, the rush and standard downloads for Screens and Shapes, the rush download for all the lines, and the downloads for Bay/Bows, Samples, Rainware, and FedEx. Any time I have between what I'm doing I order supplies for the plant and place and retrieve orders for toner. I also maintain inventory for my office and take care of the maintenance of our copier. I've learned to be flexible and learn computer programs as I go, according to what I need to accomplish with this company, I've learned time and labor management, and I've learned that my time is valuable. The hardest part of my job is dealing with constant interruptions from people who are actually pretty rude - an example would be I walk a foot away from a computer I'm using and someone from the plant walks into the room, pushes me out of the way, and takes over the computer. I've learned to stop that behavior from others, but many people lack basic manners and that is hard for me to deal with. The most enjoyable part of the job is being in charge of myself and an occasional helper. I like being in control of  more... my situation and am able to manage myself and others efficiently.  less
Pros
Managing my time myself
Cons
Not paid properly for what I do while being expected to do much more than I was hired to do.

Other Associated Materials Employee Reviews

Plant Manager
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 16, 2018
I worked well with people, both as a leader and as a team player. I can do the Plant Manager job. I can look for planning, execution, and cost control.
Pros
I can do the Plant Manager job pretty well.
Cons
There will be a production obstacle but I can fix it.
Dont do it
Unknown (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAApril 11, 2018
First off The Supervisor in the Fife plant is a raging B.
This company does not know how to functionally run a production line. Nor do they know how to properly staff a production line. There is no sense of direction while at work. There is lack of training, to new Associates coming in. The leadership staff otherwise known as Leeds black, knowledge on how to approach people and concerns. There are multiple safety violations, that proves Hazard to employees. The safety coordinator baffles me at the lack of knowledge that he possesses for his position. Don't work here!
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Associated Materials. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7