ASSOCIATES IN GASTROENTEROLOGY Employee Reviews

2.8Job Security & Advancement
Excellent Job
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toms RiverApril 11, 2018
I worked for this company for 7 years until I relocated due to spouse work commitment. The reviews posted do not reflect this pratice. There is no Nurse Practioner , volume of patients and other distortions listed. I believe the reviews are for a different group. This is an excellent working environment and a relative small office where everyone gets along. I really hated to leave and the Doctor's gave me bonus upon leaving.
poor management
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 27, 2017
There is a lack of proper management. The office manager never follows through with what she has promised, and is clueless about the actual working atmosphere of the employees. There are racist co-workers who have been there for a number of years and will not be reprimanded for their actions.
Pros
free lunch on wednesday
Cons
you only get a break if you are a smoker
Great Place to Work
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNOctober 9, 2017
Great Place to work. The days were great. The hours were great.
I learned a great deal about Medicare / Medicaid billing, fee schedules and payment methods.
Pros
Great
Unprofessional
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 10, 2017
The physician is friendly but he should really listen to his employees more. The lead medical assistant is very unprofessional and racist. The nurse practitioner is racist as well. I have seen the entire staff mocking patients and also the MA is very rude in front of patients. It is a very unprofessional environment and the doctor has no clue how his staff really acts while he is away.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Miserable, racist, and unprofessional medical assistant
Fun place to work with the girls and PA
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJuly 8, 2017
Learned a lot working here. Had lots of laughs and fun with the staff. Unfortunately the manager moved and the owner just became unbearable to work with. One by one the staff moved on to other jobs and it wasn't the same.
Pros
Free lunches and lots of laughs with manager
Cons
Owner was very sarcastic
Great atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 8, 2016
It is a great place to work with excellent people. The balance for family time is difficult with the demanding hours of this job.
Pros
Lots of learning experiences
Cons
Grueling hours
Clinic Manager
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 10, 2014
Managed clinic staff and tried to incorporate changes within the workplace. Managed budget and supplies.
Had a great group of staff members
I wasn't given the necessary tools to do the job. Thee owner of the company only wanted me to be 20024 hours/week. When in reality it was a 40-50 hour/week job.
I enjoyed taking control of the company and incorporating changes.
Helping staff reach goals and level of successes.
Pros
Free lunches monthly
Cons
No benefits
professional and fun work place
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 16, 2013
My typical work day is checking in between 40-60 patients per day. I learned how to multi task, and how to work in a professional environment. I also learned safety, osha , cpr , Hipaa. I really enjoyed working closing with my co-workers. We all had our own personalities even on our off days we still worked as a team to get the job done. The most challenging part of the job would be working family. What I enjoyed most about working for Associates In Gastroenterology is having nice co-workers, stability in a company I work for , building friendships with the patients making them feel comfortably and well taking care of coming into the office.
Pros
I always got the hours i needed
Cons
No lunch break
Great
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 28, 2013
Helped a large private medical practice with three doctors and thousands of patients perform various day-to-day functions including signing in patients and organizing information.
• Verified insurance information through working with various insurance providers.
• Organized the company phone bill by creating an excel spreadsheet to help monitor expenses.
• Created brochures to help market the doctors, procedures, and facilities.