Association of American Medical Colleges Employee Reviews

Standard Development Job
Java Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 14, 2018
This position was a standard developer position. The expectations were within reason and the employees were all knowledgeable about what they do. There is a little bit of specialization but for the most part, developers are expected to be a jack of all trades.
Could have better managers
GHLO Operations and Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 7, 2018
The management at AAMC is spotty at best and does not translate universally. Opportunities for advancement seem to be based on favortism. HR is not very supportive and could do with another re-work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No standard opportunities for advancement
Working at AAMC
Verification Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 26, 2018
I enjoyed working at the AAMC. The company had a good diversity of people from all over. They offered great hands on training to their employees. There wasn't necessarily a hard part everything was pretty much right there for you. I like the fact manager took the time to have one on one weekly meetings to help you know your goal and to keep up.
Pros
Nice Eating Areas, Good Scenery
Cons
Short Breaks
Aamc
Facilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 25, 2018
Great company in regards to the work that is done but however not a very good company to work for in terns of their Facilities department. HR is not really for employees
Benefits
Productive and Engaging
Executive Assistant to the CIO (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 13, 2018
Nice place to work. Great culture. Everyone very engaging. This company promotes work-life balance. Everyone from the CEO to environmental service is nice.
Pros
Work-Life Balance
Cons
No cafeteria
Great learning experience for intern
Intern- Office of Government Relations (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 29, 2018
I worked with the government relations unit as an intern and enjoyed my time there. The pay was fair for the responsibilities included in with he position and the team was dedicated to helping me develop as a professional.
Workplace Culture
Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 16, 2018
My company is mission oriented. The employees take great pride in Team Collaboration. The Work Life Balanced is very good and it is a Mission Oriented company.
very busy
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 12, 2018
The ER was very busy. I enjoyed working with my co workers. Management is hard to keep in the er, we haven't had a consistent manager to make sure things are run smoothly. I felt AAMC er was cleaner than most ERs in the area. I enjoyed the different shifts available to work.
AAMC is invested in the Professional and Career Development of Employees
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 7, 2018
My typical day includes assisting meeting planners, senior director, director of meetings and manager of learn serve lead with various administrative tasks, maintain the meetings webpage and intranet site. I have had the opportunity to learn how to manage logistics for meetings, negotiate contracts, manage income expenses, The workplace culture is great. The hardest part of my job is staying challenged. The most enjoyable part of my job is having the opportunity to work and collaborate with various colleagues.
Pros
Professional and Career Development
Cons
Growth Opportunities
Reality TV alliance type culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 30, 2018
Plantation type system, with very little hope of advancement. It has been stated that a worker that leaves active employment costs a company a considerable amount of capital: something the likes of 30% of the departed employee's yearly salary. Sadly, management is not concerned with this detail as a good number of excellent employees have gone on to greener pastures leaving a void of Return-on-investment and what may have been awesome employee productivity that may have advanced the company's bottom line. HR: listen to the fleet of unsung heroes in the ranks. Metrics matter.
Pros
Beautiful interiors and views
Cons
Favoritism abounds, above and beyond skills
Senior Director, Enterprise IT (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 4, 2018
The culture is reasonable where people can collaborate and influence the organization. The organization is beginning to consider the next iteration of itself. I am sure AAMC will be more successful than ever.
benefits
Cons
management training
Transition
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time at AAMC! Not only did I receive job experience but I formed relationships that have lasted beyond my time at this job. I worked for a wonderful manager and this job was just what I needed during a time of transitioning from one state to another.
Pros
Good benefits
An important mission to improve the healthcare of all.
Senior Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 27, 2017
I strongly believe in the mission of the AAMC to improve the healthcare of all. The culture is collaborative and the constituent community is highly engaged and important in driving the direction of the work being accomplished at the organization.
Pros
Flexibility in teleworking and accommodating travel to conferences.
Cons
Projects are not always aligned internally to the best use of knowledge and resources.
No place better than AAMC
Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 21, 2017
This has been a fantastic place to work. The office building is clean and new. The clusters are collaborative. People love the work they are doing and inspire you to do your best to help guide AAMC's underlying missions.
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 14, 2017
As a temporary employee, for AAMC my position as a document processor was great, although it was a seasonal position, I wished i could've stayed on. Our manager and team lead treated the temporary staff as though we were part of the permanent team, that made us feel very welcome and appreciated.
Pros
Group lunches when time permitted
Cons
I wished as a temp, we had better opportunity to join the permanent team
aamc
Client and Technical Support Technician Intern (Current Employee) –  655 k st washington dc nwDecember 6, 2017
what I learned
Rate this company*required
Overall rating*
Job Cultureh
Dont make the same mistake I did
IT (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCOctober 26, 2017
I came her under the impression it would be good for my career.I regret it because it is like the titanic team is sinking horrible culture think twice
Pros
Good pay 7 hour workday if lucky
Cons
Culture, teamwork lacking, balance
Friendly competition
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 18, 2017
Compare how many calls and emails that my friends have during the day and if you are ahead you don't want to be leave the first place spot, so you would try harder to keep it.
Good company to work with
Senior UI Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 20001October 9, 2017
Nice work and the environment is good. Their benefits are good compared to the standard market. It is located in a place where you can easily commute by metro.
overall work place.
Services Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 5, 2017
WORST PLACE TO WORK! I wouldn't advise anyone to work at this place. Management is horrible and underqualified, no raises for the job well done, the lazy people go the furthest while the hardworking people are overall looked.
Pros
Cons
long hours, underpaid, horrible managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Association of American Medical Colleges. Our community is ready to answer.

Association of American Medical Colleges Reviews by Location