Association of National Advertisers Employee Reviews

2.6
Ratings breakdown
National Association - not a paid role
Co-Chair Media Leadership Committee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2017
Great educational and self improvement opportunity. Great opportunity to benchmark with other major companies on various topics and issues. Great opportunity to help shape the industry and guide future standards and practices.
Pros
Educational and benchmarking opportunities
Cons
Requires some after hours time in non paid role.
Management team lacks leadership skills
Director, Member Relations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2017
I really enjoyed my role and my peers. Unfortunately, the leadership team, including the CEO and all the EVPs and SVPs, have no leadership skills at all. Employee surveys share (over and over again) the need for leadership training but this is ignored. I would not recommend working for the ANA. Most of the employees are miserable when it comes to leadership.
Pros
Vacation time and holiday schedule
Cons
Leadership and management skills; lack of training and development for employees
Lots of great industry information at your fingertips all the time
Senior Director of Training (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2016
Loved working there, because we reported so much of what was going on in the industry, knowing first hand was always invigorating to have that intelligence.
Pros
Meet with many intelligent marketers
Cons
Could be a more fun place to work
Potential to be a great workplace
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2016
There is potential for this to be an amazing place to work with all the great work we do; however, until there are fundamental management mindset and infrastructure changes, that potential will not be realized or realized very slowly. The work/life balance and compensation are very good, especially for a trade association, which makes the other bad aspects bearable. I've met some smart, interesting people here who I plan to keep in touch with. The hardest part of the job is staying focused with all the changes and management shifts around you. The most enjoyable part is the people I've met and interacting with the marketing industry.
Pros
Colleagues, New Office Space, Vacation Time, Work From Home Time, Bagel Mondays, Pizza Fridays, Wine & Cheese
Cons
Poor Management, Constant Restructuring, No Innovation, Lack of Systems