ASSURANCE Employee Reviews

Featured review
ASSURANCE selected this as a representative review
Nothing is easy but I'm making well over 6 figures per year, no pie in the Sky!
Licensed Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  My home in Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 7, 2018
I started in May, 2017 and am still going strong. In fairness, I had extensive phone experience prior to coming here. Bottom line here is if you work the sales are here and the money is remarkable. This is far from "easy" but for being difficult, it is amazing. Paid like clockwork every single Friday. They never miss a beat. By the end of this year, 2018, I expect to be mostly out of debt. It is amazing to go to the store and NOT WORRY about the prices of things anymore AND to be paying down debt at the same time. I don't enjoy paying higher than ever taxes BUT I'd rather have 60% of something than 100% of nothing.
Pros
Total Flexibility
Cons
At times if you don't close the deal on the 1st call, someone else gets it but not usually.
Work from Home
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 12, 2018
Half of the business you will write cancels or cant pay, plus chargebacks, they say you can make 100$ an hour but its based on everyone being able to pay with no chargebacks, you are not making that much.

This week I will not make any money because 4 of my policies cancelled.
very very very little inbound calls
life agent (Current Employee) –  remoteOctober 10, 2018
Okay I'm going to have to say I was lead a stray on this one. The ad said inbound calls and all through the interview it said inbound calls then when you train they say you can't sell until you transfer outbound calls. I thought okay fine but once I start to sell it would be a better time, NOPE!!! I still was calling outbound to people that had no idea they filled out anything online. They just sounded annoyed and often hang up on you before you even finish the introduction. you spend so many hours on the phone that they should pay a base. My first two days I spent more than 8 hours on the phone and made no sales it was mostly hang ups voicemails and people on disability that can't afford a box of crackers let alone insurance. the system is actually the best I've seen however there are no inbound calls.

If you are going to lie and say you have commercials and all this marketing, let that show on the phones. there should be more people calling in from the commercials and from the other marketing. It seems people are filling out surveys online trying to win a gift card then get harassed by every tom dick and harry and we're one of them calling them over and over.
Pros
systems is so easy, all you do is read click and go to the next screen
Cons
don't say its inbound when it's not. YOU GET MAYBE ONE INBOUND EVERY 2-3 HOURS
Great Work at home opportunity!
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Work at homeOctober 10, 2018
I've been searching for a work at home job that allowed me schedule flexibility and this is it!! You truly get to choose you hours and you're still able to make a living. The pay is always ontime. Support from mgt is positive & consistent..which is important when you work at home.
Pros
Earning potential
Cons
Great leverage of autonomy and independence. NOT your typical mundane inside sales environment
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 8, 2018
There is tons of autonomy in this role as a remote agent. The fact that the commaraderie and support from management is very in depth makes it the exact opposite of your typical role as an inside sales Insurance Agent.

The spiffs, bonuses and flexibility are the most gratifying and motivating. There is certainly potential for one to make close to a 6 figure salary in this role inside of their first year for sure. The sky is truly the limit with and independent role of this magnitude where you can truly become Your Own Boss.
Pros
Bonuses and spiffs on top of it being all inbound calls generated.
Cons
Late hours and long nights depending on peak season
Life Changing Opportunity
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 8, 2018
I've been working as an independent contractor at Assurance October 2017-Present on the health insurance side of the company. The pay i saw was so competitive before on boarding that I left a management position at another insurance firm to come here. As expected it was a good decision and this is the only place I have been able to consistently make close to 5 figures or more a month through out the entire year. I work hard but not any harder than I would at any other firm or full time job and I appreciate the potential for so many more sales because of the ability to have inbound leads (mainly more volume before 10pm) until midnight monday-sunday. I came here with 27 state licenses so that certainly helps for volume as well I would recommend investing in yourself. The most difficult thing to do is not get complacent when you're ahead of your bills!
Pros
Limitless income potential
Cons
Need to be a fast learner if inexperienced
Work From Home
Senior Agent (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 8, 2018
As an Independent Contractor I have access to the tools needed to make my business successful. I have working at Assurance since January 2017 and have been extremely happy I made the change. I have the flexibility to work from my own home and grow my business. I am able to work flexible hours as well as weekends. It is not an easy position, however if you are skilled in sales, you should not find it hard to make a good living working here.
Pros
Competative compensation
Cons
No healthcare benefits
Great Earnings Potential
Sr Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 8, 2018
I would highly recommend Assurance because of two main reasons, earning potential is high and you are on your own flexible schedule and can work from home or pretty much anywhere there’s good internet connection. Bonuses and daily spiffs are amazing, so you actually are motivated to work, management is great and so far this has been a great option for me.
Pros
money, bonuses, daily contests, flexible work schedule, work from home
Cons
I didn’t encounter any yet
I Love It Here! No Intentions to Leave
Senior Agent (Current Employee) –  Home BasedOctober 8, 2018
Been here just under a year and it is by far the best place to work IF you put in the time and effort. This job has afforded me a comfortable lifestyle and it is incredibly flexible. Since I have been here, they have done nothing but worked on making things easier for me, so the only thing I have to do is sell. Everything is top notch.
Pros
Flexible and Excellent Pay and Bonuses
Cons
You will FAIL MISERABLY and not make steady income if you do not work hard.
Changed my Life
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  HollywoodOctober 8, 2018
I’ve been working at Assurance for the past two years.I started at ASSURANCE with no car no house no bank account but what I had was hard work.! I came into work Monday through Friday I Worked at least eight hours a day. And in that time I’ve had motivational conversations with both owners. I’ve Been able to elevate my business to receive an immense amount of revenue I’ve purchased the car I’ve purchased a house I’ve become more competitive in more knowledgeable about business in this field and I have never in my career. Assurance is the best place to work trust me it will change your life!
Pros
The owners really love what they do!, The money you make, The culture at assurance, Money you make, The ppl the drive the info the support
A Life Changer!
Team Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 8, 2018
After years of holding a VP position with South Florida companies that either struggled financially or went bankrupt, I decided I've had enough of being kept up all night worrying about my next paycheck!
I answered an ad on Indeed for Assurance. As soon as I walked through the door and met with the owner and sales manager, "I knew that I've found my home for success!"

In the past year, I've achieved more financial success and stability with Assurance than with any other company that I've worked for in the past! AND, most of all, I sleep like a baby ever night!

If you're looking for a career selling health insurance with a financially stable company that offers in-depth training, flexible hours, weekly bonuses and a commitment to your success, then Assurance is for you!
Once you’re here, you won’t want to leave
Agent (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 8, 2018
I’ve found my place. After working for other insurance co. I’ve found Assurance & now call it home. Literally you can either work at the office or from your home. You are relaxed & comfortable & the leads are great. Lots of inbound calls with great potential to turn a sale. You just need to be ready to apply yourself & put in the effort to be successful. If you slack off you won’t succeed. So I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to make serious money.
Pros
Endless leads & great commission structure. You are your own boss
Cons
No PTO. You are strictly 1099
What an opportunity!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaOctober 3, 2018
This place is like none other. The compensation is the most generous I've ever seen. The help you recieve from managers and colleagues is amazing. The flexibility is awesome. And not to mention I can finally make 6 figures all from the comfort of my home!
Not worth your time
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 23, 2018
I worked a very short time with this company. Their leads are called continually during a day, to the point of embarrassment. The biggest issue I had with this company is they only offer ONE company product, and its horrible. Most people don't qualify, even if they do want the insurance. In a time where there are millions of companies offering insurance, its better to be appointed with several to have options, than be tied to just one. It was frustrating, and I felt it wasn't giving the customer the best option. A 2 year wait for a healthy person that could get first day coverage is a sham, and the policy will get replaced. The pay sucks too. Yes, they pay for the leads, but there is a lot of money that can be made in commissions, and this place just isn't it!
Pros
free leads, if you want to call them that
Cons
long hours to make any kind of income, one product, low commissions
Assurance making big strides in the insurance industry
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 22, 2018
If your truly a sales person there is no room to complain
Learn the systems
Get your licenses
Make the money
Sales is a numbers game

Anyone looking for a quick, easy, get rich career this is not it.
You can make the money but you have to put in the time and invest in yourself

Commission only so don’t expect to earn the top pay without working hard
Pros
Flexibility to be anywhere to work as long as you have hard wired internet
Cons
More marketing tactics needed
Not as advertised
Agent (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 20, 2018
The leads are not as advertised. You get to talk to a lot of people who signed up for something free or a survey or for Publishers' Clearing House. The dialer overcalls people. I was shocked at the number of times the same "prospect" popped up in the system during the work day. Products are not competitive, easily beat premium wise and features wise.Easy to replace. Anybody who thinks that they have the best comp in the business has never been in the business. Good luck with this one.
This job is not for everyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2018
This is a very stressful job! You have to deal with a lot of untruthful and rude customers. You need a strong backbone to be successful with this company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Commission Only no benefits
Fun Environment, Great People, Good Work
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 9, 2018
Working at Assurance has been a great experience overall. It is a lot of work most days but it's very rewarding and meaningful. Everyone is very friendly and it's a lot of fun!
Pros
A lot of autonomy
Convenient work schedule and great pay!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 7, 2018
I get to come into a awesome work environment everyday. Team leads and management are very helpful. I have the opportunity to work whenever I want. Plus the commission structure is the best in the business.
Fast paced - leading edge tech
Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 7, 2018
Assurance is changing the game in the insurance industry. There is a very capable and hardworking team here who are experts in their individual areas. The culture is open and collaborative.
Unbelievable Company - They are taking over insurance
Senior Analyst/Programmer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 7, 2018
Assurance is filled with brilliant, accomplished, and driven people. The opportunity for me to work around such amazing folks and build the future of insurance has been incredible. Every day I learn so much and have the ability to identify problems, come up with solutions, and quickly see these get put into production. This company moves faster than anywhere I've ever been. While others talk about doing big things, this team has been heads down building great technology and rapidly taking over the insurance industry. I've never seen a company grow so fast.

They're extremely humble and like to fly under the radar. Every week they roll out new products, make improvements to the system and truly try to solve problems and make things better for the consumer. Its a very productive environment where you can accomplish a lot.
Pros
Incredible people to work with. Company is the next UBER...
Cons
Work is so addicting that you want to work all the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASSURANCE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4