ASSURANCE Employee Reviews

Featured review
ASSURANCE selected this as a representative review
Nothing is easy but I'm making well over 6 figures per year, no pie in the Sky!
Licensed Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  My home in Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 7, 2018
I started in May, 2017 and am still going strong. In fairness, I had extensive phone experience prior to coming here. Bottom line here is if you work the sales are here and the money is remarkable. This is far from "easy" but for being difficult, it is amazing. Paid like clockwork every single Friday. They never miss a beat. By the end of this year, 2018, I expect to be mostly out of debt. It is amazing to go to the store and NOT WORRY about the prices of things anymore AND to be paying down debt at the same time. I don't enjoy paying higher than ever taxes BUT I'd rather have 60% of something than 100% of nothing.
Pros
Total Flexibility
Cons
At times if you don't close the deal on the 1st call, someone else gets it but not usually.
This job is not for everyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2018
This is a very stressful job! You have to deal with a lot of untruthful and rude customers. You need a strong backbone to be successful with this company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Commission Only no benefits
Fun Environment, Great People, Good Work
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 9, 2018
Working at Assurance has been a great experience overall. It is a lot of work most days but it's very rewarding and meaningful. Everyone is very friendly and it's a lot of fun!
Pros
A lot of autonomy
Convenient work schedule and great pay!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 7, 2018
I get to come into a awesome work environment everyday. Team leads and management are very helpful. I have the opportunity to work whenever I want. Plus the commission structure is the best in the business.
Fast paced - leading edge tech
Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 7, 2018
Assurance is changing the game in the insurance industry. There is a very capable and hardworking team here who are experts in their individual areas. The culture is open and collaborative.
Unbelievable Company - They are taking over insurance
Senior Analyst/Programmer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 7, 2018
Assurance is filled with brilliant, accomplished, and driven people. The opportunity for me to work around such amazing folks and build the future of insurance has been incredible. Every day I learn so much and have the ability to identify problems, come up with solutions, and quickly see these get put into production. This company moves faster than anywhere I've ever been. While others talk about doing big things, this team has been heads down building great technology and rapidly taking over the insurance industry. I've never seen a company grow so fast.

They're extremely humble and like to fly under the radar. Every week they roll out new products, make improvements to the system and truly try to solve problems and make things better for the consumer. Its a very productive environment where you can accomplish a lot.
Pros
Incredible people to work with. Company is the next UBER...
Cons
Work is so addicting that you want to work all the time.
Fast growing startup with great potentials
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue WAAugust 7, 2018
Awesome startup with real potential of disrupting age-old insurance industry. Management is very accessible and employees are given lots of autonomy to take ownership and thrive. Growth is very impressive and it does expect every one to make substantial contribution. The only downside is work-life balance as it does require long hours and weekends.
Pros
Free subsidized lunch, great autonomy, real potential for growth
Cons
No 401k, work life balance
There's no better AGENT experience in the industry
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 7, 2018
For people that truly want to take advantage of an opportunity, Assurance is the place to be. Agents search for something like this their entire careers and don't get a chance like this one. Free inbound leads, great training, best technology team in the industry, progressive leadership that values your input and huge financial incentives for just doing your regular job. The same 40 hours per week that gets you $45,000 per year in a call center or as an independent agent struggling on your own gets you 6 figures at Assurance. It's a no brainer.
Pros
work from home option and free incoming leads
Cons
If you are horrible at selling insurance then you won't make it here!
Visionary leadership and spectacular execution
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 7, 2018
Lots of companies have a vision for changing an industry, and others execute well within an existing market structure. At Assurance both of those strengths are converging to accomplish amazing things.
Pros
working with smart, humble people; being part of something growing at an astonishing pace; high energy
Cons
If you are not self-motivated the pace will be a challenge.
Love working for Assurance
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 7, 2018
Every day I get to bring my lunch pail and build something great. The culture here is amazing and we get to help people all across America get the coverage they need & deserve through innovation.
Not what I signed up for...
Insurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  IdahoJune 8, 2018
If you don't mind playing a "telemarketing" role this may be a fit for you, however, expect to get at least 95% of your outbound calls getting answering machines (basically cold-calling). I was able to talk to a prospective customer maybe 1 out of 100 calls made and lucky if they didn't already get a policy or say they have been contacted by the company MANY times and to please stop calling them. I was expecting a little more with interested leads or pre-qualified leads not basically cold-calling for hrs on end. Sorry but just being honest.
Pros
flexibility, good sales presentation & application platform
Cons
not very effective leads

Want to know more about ASSURANCE?

Ask a question
Great system! Work in a call center from home...
Senior Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Aztec, NMMay 16, 2018
Working in a call center from home is the best way that I can describe this position. You really need to just show up and do the work! I am an independent, remote agent from home and I just treat it like a full time job. I am very new but some things that I have gathered are that you need to be tech savy to navigate the system if there are hiccups; it helps to have a working knowledge of the life insurance biz and you have to have a GREAT attitude because you will get a lot of No's until you get to the Yes's!
Pros
Assurance's sales platform is amazing and very fluid to use. Everyone has been friendly and helpful.
Cons
Be ready to be flexible because you do not get paid until policies go inforce!
Great place to start if you are able to work off commision
Independent Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 15, 2016
If you can start out with small income and have the time to build your portfolio of business, then this an amazing opportunity. If you do not have any steady stream of income or a partner who is able to pay all of the bills while you grow, it can be extremely difficult to start at.
Pros
Amazing Management, training, and assistance with learning about the industry and products
Cons
Its solely commision based making the beginning a rough start
Productive and Great Leadership
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2016
Great lead and prospecting systems to help agents flourish in the Insurance business. You are in the prospecting and distribution environment of life insurance, final expense, annuity, and medicare products.
Pros
Put you in front of qualified prospects to sell to
Cons
No office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASSURANCE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6