ASSURANCE Employee Reviews

Featured review
ASSURANCE selected this as a representative review
Nothing is easy but I'm making well over 6 figures per year, no pie in the Sky!
Licensed Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  My home in Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 7, 2018
I started in May, 2017 and am still going strong. In fairness, I had extensive phone experience prior to coming here. Bottom line here is if you work the sales are here and the money is remarkable. This is far from "easy" but for being difficult, it is amazing. Paid like clockwork every single Friday. They never miss a beat. By the end of this year, 2018, I expect to be mostly out of debt. It is amazing to go to the store and NOT WORRY about the prices of things anymore AND to be paying down debt at the same time. I don't enjoy paying higher than ever taxes BUT I'd rather have 60% of something than 100% of nothing.
Pros
Total Flexibility
Cons
At times if you don't close the deal on the 1st call, someone else gets it but not usually.
terrible place to work
Agent/Producer (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 4, 2019
Sure they provide leads. they will have been called atleast 4 times per day by other agents. The ones you will be able to get in contact with will have already bought or will shop around. if they do purchase a policy assurance will give them 30 days to look the policy over and cancel it if they would like. Cancels and charge backs are a common thread. i would never recommend this place to anyone
Pros
work from home
Cons
lousy leads and no money. have fun
Stay Away from this Company
life insurance sales (Current Employee) –  remoteFebruary 15, 2019
In the beginning is great because they are trying to get you in the door. After that is downhill. They have in place a tier structure to receive leads. When I started they say unlimited leads but it's not. If you are not in tiers 1-3 you will get old leads if any. I been on the dialer for hours getting no leads, just telemarketing! Constant outbound calls to old recycled leads. You will listen to countless voicemails, hellos, and ringing in your ear all day. Management does not care! Which I don't understand because we are all 1099 commission only employees! They have a high turnover rate and owners do not care! They say the are the best company to work for but this has been the worst company to work for. Good Luck!
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
Only if you have no conscience
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 5, 2019
The leads are horrible, and the products are even worse. If you have any knowledge of what insurance products are out there you will know that the only products you are allowed to sell are ripping off customers. This makes it impossible to sell and most of the people cancel on you. Don't buy the snake oil.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
leads, products
Not what they say....
life sales (Former Employee) –  at homeJanuary 2, 2019
You know those annoying robo calls you get that you NEVER requested, this is one of them. You sit with headphones on and let the computer call people that are angry, never requested the calls and have asked numerous times to be removed. THEN, when you quit, they don't pay you for your last week of work. They play games like you didn't clock any hours on their system and send you their own little made up proof. (even the first week they tried to cheat me but I had proof in an email from management) They promise to pay so much for transfers, so much for business you write, etc. etc. but bottom line, you're in a call center but only sitting in your own home about to get cheated for your production. It's nowhere close to what they promise. Any good reviews can't be legit!
Pros
you can get hired without meeting anybody.
Cons
system issues, angry people, no legit record keeping for pay
Not As Advertised
Remote Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 17, 2018
This company does false advertisement! The job listing and throughout the “interview” they will tell you that this is in an inbound call position. Once you begin your training and actually start working you will quickly find out that it is outbound cold calling. Majority of the people you call don’t even know why your calling them. More than likely they signed up for something free and are now receiving these calls, lying about them signing up on some fake websites. You have to make countless calls a day, you’ll normally receive someone’s voicemail or they will hang up on you. If they do answer they are frustrated because they have been contacted multiple times a day by the same company! Run and don’t waste your time! You only get paid for “successful transfers” and those are very few. Maybe 2 a day.
Pros
Cons
Contract, commission pay, lies about the job position
Great leverage of autonomy and independence. NOT your typical mundane inside sales environment
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 8, 2018
There is tons of autonomy in this role as a remote agent. The fact that the commaraderie and support from management is very in depth makes it the exact opposite of your typical role as an inside sales Insurance Agent.

The spiffs, bonuses and flexibility are the most gratifying and motivating. There is certainly potential for one to make close to a 6 figure salary in this role inside of their first year for sure. The sky is truly the limit with and independent role of this magnitude where you can truly become Your Own Boss.
Pros
Bonuses and spiffs on top of it being all inbound calls generated.
Cons
Late hours and long nights depending on peak season
Once you’re here, you won’t want to leave
Agent (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 8, 2018
I’ve found my place. After working for other insurance co. I’ve found Assurance & now call it home. Literally you can either work at the office or from your home. You are relaxed & comfortable & the leads are great. Lots of inbound calls with great potential to turn a sale. You just need to be ready to apply yourself & put in the effort to be successful. If you slack off you won’t succeed. So I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to make serious money.
Pros
Endless leads & great commission structure. You are your own boss
Cons
No PTO. You are strictly 1099
I Love It Here! No Intentions to Leave
Senior Agent (Current Employee) –  Home BasedOctober 8, 2018
Been here just under a year and it is by far the best place to work IF you put in the time and effort. This job has afforded me a comfortable lifestyle and it is incredibly flexible. Since I have been here, they have done nothing but worked on making things easier for me, so the only thing I have to do is sell. Everything is top notch.
Pros
Flexible and Excellent Pay and Bonuses
Cons
You will FAIL MISERABLY and not make steady income if you do not work hard.
Great Earnings Potential
Sr Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 8, 2018
I would highly recommend Assurance because of two main reasons, earning potential is high and you are on your own flexible schedule and can work from home or pretty much anywhere there’s good internet connection. Bonuses and daily spiffs are amazing, so you actually are motivated to work, management is great and so far this has been a great option for me.
Pros
money, bonuses, daily contests, flexible work schedule, work from home
Cons
I didn’t encounter any yet
Work From Home
Senior Agent (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 8, 2018
As an Independent Contractor I have access to the tools needed to make my business successful. I have working at Assurance since January 2017 and have been extremely happy I made the change. I have the flexibility to work from my own home and grow my business. I am able to work flexible hours as well as weekends. It is not an easy position, however if you are skilled in sales, you should not find it hard to make a good living working here.
Pros
Competative compensation
Cons
No healthcare benefits
Changed my Life
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  HollywoodOctober 8, 2018
I’ve been working at Assurance for the past two years.I started at ASSURANCE with no car no house no bank account but what I had was hard work.! I came into work Monday through Friday I Worked at least eight hours a day. And in that time I’ve had motivational conversations with both owners. I’ve Been able to elevate my business to receive an immense amount of revenue I’ve purchased the car I’ve purchased a house I’ve become more competitive in more knowledgeable about business in this field and I have never in my career. Assurance is the best place to work trust me it will change your life!
Pros
The owners really love what they do!, The money you make, The culture at assurance, Money you make, The ppl the drive the info the support
A Life Changer!
Team Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 8, 2018
After years of holding a VP position with South Florida companies that either struggled financially or went bankrupt, I decided I've had enough of being kept up all night worrying about my next paycheck!
I answered an ad on Indeed for Assurance. As soon as I walked through the door and met with the owner and sales manager, "I knew that I've found my home for success!"

In the past year, I've achieved more financial success and stability with Assurance than with any other company that I've worked for in the past! AND, most of all, I sleep like a baby ever night!

If you're looking for a career selling health insurance with a financially stable company that offers in-depth training, flexible hours, weekly bonuses and a commitment to your success, then Assurance is for you!
Assurance making big strides in the insurance industry
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 22, 2018
If your truly a sales person there is no room to complain
Learn the systems
Get your licenses
Make the money
Sales is a numbers game

Anyone looking for a quick, easy, get rich career this is not it.
You can make the money but you have to put in the time and invest in yourself

Commission only so don’t expect to earn the top pay without working hard
Pros
Flexibility to be anywhere to work as long as you have hard wired internet
Cons
More marketing tactics needed
Not as advertised
Agent (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 20, 2018
The leads are not as advertised. You get to talk to a lot of people who signed up for something free or a survey or for Publishers' Clearing House. The dialer overcalls people. I was shocked at the number of times the same "prospect" popped up in the system during the work day. Products are not competitive, easily beat premium wise and features wise.Easy to replace. Anybody who thinks that they have the best comp in the business has never been in the business. Good luck with this one.
Not worth your time
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 23, 2018
I worked a very short time with this company. Their leads are called continually during a day, to the point of embarrassment. The biggest issue I had with this company is they only offer ONE company product, and its horrible. Most people don't qualify, even if they do want the insurance. In a time where there are millions of companies offering insurance, its better to be appointed with several to have options, than be tied to just one. It was frustrating, and I felt it wasn't giving the customer the best option. A 2 year wait for a healthy person that could get first day coverage is a sham, and the policy will get replaced. The pay sucks too. Yes, they pay for the leads, but there is a lot of money that can be made in commissions, and this place just isn't it!
Pros
free leads, if you want to call them that
Cons
long hours to make any kind of income, one product, low commissions
Great Work at home opportunity!
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Work at homeOctober 10, 2018
I've been searching for a work at home job that allowed me schedule flexibility and this is it!! You truly get to choose you hours and you're still able to make a living. The pay is always ontime. Support from mgt is positive & consistent..which is important when you work at home.
Pros
Earning potential
Work from Home
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 12, 2018
Half of the business you will write cancels or cant pay, plus chargebacks, they say you can make 100$ an hour but its based on everyone being able to pay with no chargebacks, you are not making that much.

This week I will not make any money because 4 of my policies cancelled.
Life Changing Opportunity
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 8, 2018
I've been working as an independent contractor at Assurance October 2017-Present on the health insurance side of the company. The pay i saw was so competitive before on boarding that I left a management position at another insurance firm to come here. As expected it was a good decision and this is the only place I have been able to consistently make close to 5 figures or more a month through out the entire year. I work hard but not any harder than I would at any other firm or full time job and I appreciate the potential for so many more sales because of the ability to have inbound leads (mainly more volume before 10pm) until midnight monday-sunday. I came here with 27 state licenses so that certainly helps for volume as well I would recommend investing in yourself. The most difficult thing to do is not get complacent when you're ahead of your bills!
Pros
Limitless income potential
Cons
Need to be a fast learner if inexperienced
There's no better AGENT experience in the industry
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 7, 2018
For people that truly want to take advantage of an opportunity, Assurance is the place to be. Agents search for something like this their entire careers and don't get a chance like this one. Free inbound leads, great training, best technology team in the industry, progressive leadership that values your input and huge financial incentives for just doing your regular job. The same 40 hours per week that gets you $45,000 per year in a call center or as an independent agent struggling on your own gets you 6 figures at Assurance. It's a no brainer.
Pros
work from home option and free incoming leads
Cons
If you are horrible at selling insurance then you won't make it here!
Fast growing startup with great potentials
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue WAAugust 7, 2018
Awesome startup with real potential of disrupting age-old insurance industry. Management is very accessible and employees are given lots of autonomy to take ownership and thrive. Growth is very impressive and it does expect every one to make substantial contribution. The only downside is work-life balance as it does require long hours and weekends.
Pros
Free subsidized lunch, great autonomy, real potential for growth
Cons
No 401k, work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASSURANCE. Our community is ready to answer.