ASSURANCE
Happiness rating is 54 out of 100

ASSURANCE Employee Reviews

There is never pressure to work, you work when you want. If you want more money, you work more hours, simple. The process is already figured out for you, so you just follow the system and make your living. I start work usually in the late morning and put in 3-4 hours per day. There is no pressure which I love and an endless flow of incoming calls.I love the freedome working here.
Pros
No pressure, easy system.
Cons
Commission could be higher
This company tells you you can work on your own time . What they don't tell you if your "production level" is not up to their "standards" which they don't tell you when you sign up, the incoming calls go to the cream sales people. The conversion rate with the incoming calls averages 7% their numbers not mine. You need to get 100 calls for 7 sales??? For 70% of the people that is NOT happening.You get what you pay for and since they charge you nothing when you board and you have to pay for the state licenses guess what?
Pros
NO FREE LUNCH if it's to good to be true....
So Assurance is a fairly new company to the best of my knowledge but they wasted no time getting into the predatory consumer game. All ads are CMS approved of course but super misleading to the beneficiaries leading in a lot of missed sales opportunities. During AEP it’s more practical to pivot those points but outside of AEP you’re really just getting cursed out all. I wish the company would do better with the guides but your phone will definitely be ringing off the hook all day
Pros
Call volume
Cons
No leadership. You’re hired and wait for the email stating you’re fired
assurance is very unorganized. Some of the employees can be rude at times. More can be done to help the company improve. The switching back and forth form outbound to inbound, they need better organization on.
Pros
you can make good money if you do the work
Cons
They are unorganized.
It’s ridiculous the amount of negative reviews at this place. You make your own schedule so if you are working 2-3 hours every other day, don’t expect to make the big bucks. Have basic customer service skills, be licensed in several states, get appointed with the carriers, and put in the hours. You’ll see how easy it is. All these people complaining, wondering if they are just not putting in enough work, or thought this was a micromanaging company. You are the professional, so you should know what the customer needs by listening. If you’re not self driven and knowledgeable, don’t apply!
Pros
Own schedule, compensated day of, freedom
Cons
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Started here July 2020 everything was going good until it slowed down then my pay went downhill from there. Here it is 11/2020 and I emailed them about some concerns I had about not getting paid guess what they do, send me an email about HIPAA Compliance sounds RETALIATORY to me that they didn't even answer my email but yet if I don't follow there "rules" when transferring a call their going to ban me. Good thing I have another job I'm in training for right now or else I'd be screwed. Stay away from this company this is not a good company to work for unless you want ZERO pay for a days work.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Leadership needs to be fired
It's nice to be paid every night, but 90% of calls are of people tired of getting telemarketing calls and aren't interested. Had some people curse me out too. When you do get lucky, your balance will raise anywhere between $4-$10. I feel like you can't really predict how much you'll get, you kinda just have to wait till it shows up on your screen.
Highly unprofessional company. They waste your time with "leads" they must have found in some trash can. And they underpay or not pay at all because of system issues. Regarding "leadership" - they do not respond to email at all. It's all an automated system with email series and "evergreen" webinar and it's scary to me that this is how insurances convey business.
Pros
You can quit any time
Cons
No leadership, unprofessional, horrible pay
Assurance sells insurance as a subsidiary of a larger insurance company. They have many branches, each run by a different team. I was with Assurance IQ. They hire in mass, an army of agents. They are not particular because you are an independent contractor with no benefits. It was all remote, and since they are onboarding so many at once it is very impersonal. The instructions were insufficient, and I lost two weeks. Long process of on boarding with the company. The commission is low, the more you sell the more commission they give you. I researched how much they were getting from the insurance carriers we are selling. Assurance gets paid on average $650 for signing on a medicare supplemental, then they get paid another $350 year two and three. How much of that do you get? A one time pay out of $200 if you sell only a little. If you sell 45 policies or more each week, you get up to $450, one time. However, to sell 45 policies a week you must be on the phone each day for 5-10 hours five days a week, depending on how lucky and good you are. They set up the commission structure to work you to death. If I wanted that kind of schedule I would return to my former job. I signed up for life insurance because I wanted freedom, flexibility, and LESS HOURS OF WORK. On top of it, I read some of the emails of how they talk about the new people. Not good. Furthermore, they promise bonuses, but the opportunity to get the bonus quickly disappears. I was just finishing on boarding when I learned all of these things and decided to walk away. I hear they do pay out, and if you have - more...
Pros
All automated, work from home
Cons
Confusing, poor instructions, impersonal, and sometimes disrespectful.
To be clear, I was like a lot of you, I needed to earn income from home. The reality here is you will unlikely make minimum wage, there is ABSOLUTELY no support from Assurance. The job is very frustrating because you are calling people to get them to talk with a licensed agent, many of whom have no idea why your calling, or any interest in your call. You are told by Assurance that you are paid based on the quality of the leads you transfer, and the length of time the agent spends on the phone with the "prospect".I believe that the agents are paying for the leads and the length of time they are spending on the call once transferred. I say this because I cannot imagine any salesperson worth a dime would end their call with a prospect within the first minute or two. Which is interesting, because if you want to get paid by "Assurance" for quality leads the prospect needs to send at least 5 minutes on the phone with the agent.Bottom line 1) Terrible leads, 2) NO SUPPORT by Assurance 3) great job if you want to waste your time earning little to nothing.
Pros
Promises
Cons
Reality
Work-life balanceAssurance is the worst company you could ever work for as they keep your money and pay you through zelle. They keep most of your commissions you should be making. As they only pay you 200% commission per policy written. As if you write a 60 dollar policy you only get say 135 dollars for that instead of getting paid 600 plus ridusiuls as they keep the rest of the money plus the ridusiuls. So you have to sell 16 policy per day. At least and when they are transferring you anyone whether they already are covered or not. Or even want to speak with an agent.Pay & benefitsIt's a 1099 position you get no bennifits at allJob security and advancementIt's terrible if you're not selling 16 policies per day your goneManagementTerrible managementCultureIt's terrible working for assuranceOverallI worked there for about 6 months and that was enough for me. I had to leave the company and go make some really money. I hard to sell to people who don't want to hear what you have to day. And you have to read a script from the platform they provide. To you and if you deviate from that script they talk to you about it. And the script is terrible.
The concept of Assurance is good, but the execution is a train-wreck. Assurance never even acknowledged or paid me for 3 out of 4 enrollments I made. It has been a continual fight to get my commissions paid, but no success yet. Assurance owes me over $600 and all I get is more runaround. Plus Assurance offers numerous bonus incentives, and then never pays them. I bought an out-of-state license that was supposed to be re-imbursed next business day, but all I get is a runaround. Total lies to suck you in! They get around this by asking for more documentation, then more documentation, etc., etc. Agents beware, you might get paid for your work, or you might not. Sign up at your own risk.
Pros
Flexibility of work hours
Cons
Never get paid for your work
No support from management. Low income and the leads are a joke but it counts against you when you take a bad lead as if you have control over that. They say be honest but that’s to cover their butts. The dishonest agents hey reward while the compliant agents get demoted and kicked off the platform. They cut commissions down by so much recently in the middle of this pandemic. These people only care about money. They don’t care about clients or agents. & there is no customer service support so you’ll be expected to not only close but retain old business. It’s pathetic.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Literally every sing call I received(the calls come to you), there was already another Guide on the line with the customer(in which every customer hangs up on you). When doing your required assignments before starting the job, it says to say "Thanks, I'll take it from here" if you hear another Guide on the line(which is every single call). So does that mean we are stealing their work that they received 1st? And how is it that the call goes to multiple people? It will seem extremely unprofessional to a customer to have multiple employees receiving their call.
Pros
Haven't found any
Cons
Everything so far
I am new here, still trying to figure things, is this a good place to work? How do I get paid? They say I will make 25 to 30$ an hour, but am not so sure.
Pros
Nothing is free
Cons
Work at your own schedule.
For a company that was bought out by a Fortune 500 company, this is one of the most unprofessional company out there. Terrible management. JC head of the health insurance department never sold a product in his life and he try to coach someone. Can take tips from someone like that. The team leaders and all management have terrible response time. Always tell me they will call me back but takes them a few days. So the platform is great just terrible and so unprofessional management and GM. Don’t know how Paulus and Rowell found these guys.
Pros
Quick cash
Cons
I just started and I’m excited. I don’t see too many reviews about this company. I don’t know if that’s good or bad. I think cold calling is horrible and you need thick skin with some calls.
All the people leaving horrible reviews probably have the same thing in common: They are approaching this thing as a regular 9-5 job. Just like other "gig" opportunities (Uber, DoorDash, Postmates, etc) you have X amount of hours per day to make money- what you do with that time is entirely up to you. If you are only passively engaged you will see minimal return. If you want to make at least $100 per day expect to work 6-8 hours. The job is simple- get insurance shoppers in touch with insurance agents. Most of your time will be spent dispositioning answering machines and immediate hangup calls. It's mundane but nothing to complain about. Just trudge through and deal with it. Transfers seem to come in waves. It is very common to end up having 3-5 in a row so keep your energy high and flowing from each call to the next. There are enough fixed and random bonus opportunities to keep you motivated. There will be several times when you are unable to successfully transfer a warm lead due to tech issues or unavailable agents. This, too, is nothing worth complaining about. Stuff happens. On the topic of pay- it sounds complicated up front but is really super simple:- For each call that lasts >40 seconds you get 10 cents- If a call lasts >90 seconds that 10 becomes 25 cents (they do not stack)- You receive 30 cents for each call successfully transferred to an agent- Your goal is for your transferred calls to be Quality Transfers: - If they speak with an agent for >5 minutes = $3 - If they speak with an agent for >10 minutes= $6 - If they speak with an agent for >20 - more...
Pros
Work for yourself, work from home, easy
Cons
It's a 1099 so no benefits, you need to save for taxes.
Very nice change of pace. Set your own hours and work when you can. Only thing about working independently is having the disciple to work the hours that you need to make your money
Pros
Own hours
Cons
Commissioned based
Excellent company to work for from home. I love it. Highly recommended if you want to make your own hours and enjoy helping people. Very stress free.
Pros
Work whenever I feel like working
Cons
I liked working there I enjoyed it it was a positive work environment I learned a lot there my coworkers were super positive and understanding we all just wanted everyone to do their best
Pros
You get a raise in 2 weeks
  1. Employee Reviews