Assurance Health System Employee Reviews

Look elsewhere
Other administrative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 11, 2019
Regardless of your title/position, do yourself a huge favor and look elsewhere. This place is a joke and ran by people who have no concept of healthcare compliance, including the owners who know nothing about anything clinical whatsoever. Management is constantly changing and the owners put people in positions that are not qualified and are very dishonest in nature. Don't expect any support from your superior, whether it be nursing or otherwise. This place is on the verge of closing and it's only a matter of time before they do. I would not recommend working here. I would also not recommend sending a loved one here as the nursing staff are incompetent and bottom of the barrel nurses/nursing staff.
Pros
Higher pay
Cons
Poor management
fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ohio City, OHDecember 18, 2018
it is fun place to work, though full of different rules every day you go to work be ready to be greeted with new laws. the workers there are amazing, the nurses have a common goal of helping each other to become a better a nurse especially the new nurse..
Pros
free lunches
Cons
flexible work hours
Shady!!!
Liaison (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 13, 2018
Payroll issues repeatedly, shut down location by state, management encourages info withheld from doctor in order to get more admits, frequent complaints from families, working 24/7, frequent call hours, financial issues- not paying for services, vengeful management, constant turn over with employees, zero work life balance
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Pay issues repeatedly, management, unethical
Lacks professionalism
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 12, 2018
I gave 1 star because I had to if I could I would put 0. Assurance lacks professionalism and it’s alot of micro management. Management doesn’t help floor nurses or tech when needed. The company as a whole seems unstable. Run!
Pros
Free lunch, decent pay
Cons
Unprofessional, micro managing, poor teamwork, unstable company
Worked there for their first few start up months loved this place
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHNovember 25, 2018
I was part of the start up staff when they opened up their doors and unfortunately only worked with them for a short amount of time due to health issues.
Great staff and supportive upper management who included me and seen potential in me.
A little disorganized at first but they had a lot of great leaders who were passionate about geri psych care.
Great wages.
12 hour shifts only
Pros
New facility great equipment, management was humble and respectful, great staff and good wages.
Cons
12 hour shifts only and slow days
Excellent company
RN (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHOctober 19, 2018
I have worked with this company since it opened in Hudson . Never had an issue with my pay bouncing or getting paid on time. As a nurse the patient outcomes are great and as any new company it takes time to get your name out there . We have had about a 95% occupancy for the last 3-4 weeks so I don’t think that is an issue either . Referrals are crazy. I like to say many employees just leave bitter for no reason at all and complaining about the place of employment is a way to get back for their unhappiness . I think the management in that building is good. Never had a problem with anyone and I see a bunch of employees being patient advocates including the management staff .
Pros
Good pto, flexible
Lacks stability
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHOctober 5, 2018
The company itself has a great concept however, the day to day workings and future of the company is very unstable! From one day to the next, things could change drastically and from one check to the next, you had to worry about whether you would actually get paid or not. Management was not concerned about their employees, and did not take employee concerns into consideration when making decisions about patient and employee safety.
Pros
Free food, good pay when you got it
Cons
Poor communication from management, lacks stability
Shadiest Company I've ever encountered
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OH 44236October 1, 2018
The owners of this company did absolutely no research on the local market. Because of this, the hospital never filled up. So in June they laid off the majority of their staff. Around this time paychecks started bouncing and people never knew if we were going to get paid. They are unethical and encourage you to admit or keep patients for the money rather than for the patients care. The administration is shady and doesn't care about you.
Excellent enviorment
Aide (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 12, 2018
I love my job and. Company, great atmosphere and friendly people. I would recommended this company to anyone. If you are looking for employment call Assurance Home Health.
Pros
Great start salary and adminisration
Good place to work!
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 4, 2018
This is a good place to start your career. They have excellent pay and great work/life balance. I see several pay related reviews and never once had an issue with my checks. The payroll company they once used messed up one of the pay dates but i received my paycheck the same day without any issues. It was pretty efficient how it was handled at the corporate office just knowing that they had to issue checks to hundreds of employees the day of payday to various locations/states. This shows how much they truly care about their employees!
Great job if the management had a backbone
N/A (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHAugust 30, 2018
Favortism shown between employees on the job, management does not like to handle conflicts amongst employees, Your scared every time pay day rolls around if you will or will not get paid
Pros
Good pay
Great advancement opportunities
Employee (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2018
Assurance is a great place to work. Yes they are a new company and like every other company out there, there are always kinks and curve balls thrown your way. No company is perfect by any means! It is all in how handle the situations.
The upper management handles these situations like a boss! They are very helpful with all questions especially with payroll questions...you just have to ask. The corp staff are extremely nice and very approachable. With them being a new company, there are great advancement opportunities. They do have a high turnover rate but sometimes you have to weed through all the bad apples to find the best employees. Thus far I am glad to work for this company and plan on growing with them.
Pros
Pay is above average, great co-workers, advancement opportunities
Cons
Insurance is high, PTO accrues lower than most other companies. no paid holidays (have to use pto). No 401K match :(
Best place I've ever worked
Dietary (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHAugust 23, 2018
Assurance Health is hands down the best place I've ever worked for. The staff are friendly, management help when needed, and the pay is great! I plan on making this a long term career with a great company.
Pros
Free meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) fountain drink machine in break room, great pay.
Cons
Long drive to work (but its worth it)
Awesome place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHJuly 13, 2018
A new company with a great concept and I have been reading these reviews and I find this company to be fun and a great place for advancement . Everyone in management is awesome . They really try to treat the employees well with free meals and snacks, discounts and great PTO. Staff have to be patient as with a new company there are always quirks and issues to work out !!
Pros
Free lunches, great PTO, awesome management, above average pay
Cons
Benefits can be pricey for a family plan
Great Company and Mangement.
STNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHJuly 13, 2018
Assurance is a great company to work for. I am currently in school and the DON works around my school schedule. It is exciting to work for a growing company and to learn new things.
Pros
Pto, Shift diff, free meals, weekend incentive
Cons
Cost of health insurance
Very easy on going job.
Translator/Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJuly 9, 2018
Worked in different environments daily, depending on where and what work place needed health insurance, got to meet and interact with new people daily
Pros
Paid cash daily
Cons
Short breaks
Bounced checks
Staff rn (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHJune 23, 2018
I was delighted to be hired by this company. Every thing was great untill the last 2 paydays when for what ever reason we did not receive our pay on time. To me that says it all, when you wait till Monday to pick up a check instead of Friday's direct deposit
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Wait for money
work can get better
Activity Director (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 13, 2018
Usually in jobs, your position begins with high expectations you must grovel for. Then the job gets worse over time. Additional expectations, reduced resources.

At Assurance, I've experienced something much different. The Company constantly asks if resources are adequate. The expectations stay the same. I asked my supervisor to try out an idea that would make my job easier and she was open to it. I am very impressed with this company.
Pros
free lunch, free snacks, understanding
Cons
high turnover
Awesome place to start career
Clinical Nurse Liaison (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2018
Company is new, and with that allows you as a person and employee to grow with them. great place to also grow as a team player. I would recommend any newer nurse to start here.
Hostile work place
RN (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INMarch 18, 2018
Bad management! Run! Very hostile. High turn over of employees. People dont stay very long. Working short is common. Clinical nurse is inconsiderate and hateful. Just a bad culture.
Pros
Cash money for picking up shifts
Cons
Poor management. Don't care about staff or their families. Work short because of turnover.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Assurance Health System. Our community is ready to answer.