Assurance Health System Employee Reviews

Lacks stability
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHOctober 5, 2018
The company itself has a great concept however, the day to day workings and future of the company is very unstable! From one day to the next, things could change drastically and from one check to the next, you had to worry about whether you would actually get paid or not. Management was not concerned about their employees, and did not take employee concerns into consideration when making decisions about patient and employee safety.
Pros
Free food, good pay when you got it
Cons
Poor communication from management, lacks stability
Shadiest Company I've ever encountered
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OH 44236October 1, 2018
The owners of this company did absolutely no research on the local market. Because of this, the hospital never filled up. So in June they laid off the majority of their staff. Around this time paychecks started bouncing and people never knew if we were going to get paid. They are unethical and encourage you to admit or keep patients for the money rather than for the patients care. The administration is shady and doesn't care about you.
Excellent enviorment
Aide (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 12, 2018
I love my job and. Company, great atmosphere and friendly people. I would recommended this company to anyone. If you are looking for employment call Assurance Home Health.
Pros
Great start salary and adminisration
Good place to work!
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 4, 2018
This is a good place to start your career. They have excellent pay and great work/life balance. I see several pay related reviews and never once had an issue with my checks. The payroll company they once used messed up one of the pay dates but i received my paycheck the same day without any issues. It was pretty efficient how it was handled at the corporate office just knowing that they had to issue checks to hundreds of employees the day of payday to various locations/states. This shows how much they truly care about their employees!
Great job if the management had a backbone
N/A (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHAugust 30, 2018
Favortism shown between employees on the job, management does not like to handle conflicts amongst employees, Your scared every time pay day rolls around if you will or will not get paid
Pros
Good pay
Great advancement opportunities
Employee (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2018
Assurance is a great place to work. Yes they are a new company and like every other company out there, there are always kinks and curve balls thrown your way. No company is perfect by any means! It is all in how handle the situations.
The upper management handles these situations like a boss! They are very helpful with all questions especially with payroll questions...you just have to ask. The corp staff are extremely nice and very approachable. With them being a new company, there are great advancement opportunities. They do have a high turnover rate but sometimes you have to weed through all the bad apples to find the best employees. Thus far I am glad to work for this company and plan on growing with them.
Pros
Pay is above average, great co-workers, advancement opportunities
Cons
Insurance is high, PTO accrues lower than most other companies. no paid holidays (have to use pto). No 401K match :(
Best place I've ever worked
Dietary (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHAugust 23, 2018
Assurance Health is hands down the best place I've ever worked for. The staff are friendly, management help when needed, and the pay is great! I plan on making this a long term career with a great company.
Pros
Free meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) fountain drink machine in break room, great pay.
Cons
Long drive to work (but its worth it)
Awesome place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHJuly 13, 2018
A new company with a great concept and I have been reading these reviews and I find this company to be fun and a great place for advancement . Everyone in management is awesome . They really try to treat the employees well with free meals and snacks, discounts and great PTO. Staff have to be patient as with a new company there are always quirks and issues to work out !!
Pros
Free lunches, great PTO, awesome management, above average pay
Cons
Benefits can be pricey for a family plan
Great Company and Mangement.
STNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHJuly 13, 2018
Assurance is a great company to work for. I am currently in school and the DON works around my school schedule. It is exciting to work for a growing company and to learn new things.
Pros
Pto, Shift diff, free meals, weekend incentive
Cons
Cost of health insurance
Very easy on going job.
Translator/Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJuly 9, 2018
Worked in different environments daily, depending on where and what work place needed health insurance, got to meet and interact with new people daily
Pros
Paid cash daily
Cons
Short breaks
work can get better
Activity Director (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 13, 2018
Usually in jobs, your position begins with high expectations you must grovel for. Then the job gets worse over time. Additional expectations, reduced resources.

At Assurance, I've experienced something much different. The Company constantly asks if resources are adequate. The expectations stay the same. I asked my supervisor to try out an idea that would make my job easier and she was open to it. I am very impressed with this company.
Pros
free lunch, free snacks, understanding
Cons
high turnover
Awesome place to start career
Clinical Nurse Liaison (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2018
Company is new, and with that allows you as a person and employee to grow with them. great place to also grow as a team player. I would recommend any newer nurse to start here.
Hostile work place
RN (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INMarch 18, 2018
Bad management! Run! Very hostile. High turn over of employees. People dont stay very long. Working short is common. Clinical nurse is inconsiderate and hateful. Just a bad culture.
Pros
Cash money for picking up shifts
Cons
Poor management. Don't care about staff or their families. Work short because of turnover.
Fantastic company
Liaison (Current Employee) –  IndianapolisMarch 8, 2018
Assurance is a fantastic company to work for. The culture is everything you hope for! There are plenty of job opportunities and growth within the company.
Pros
Free food, good culture
Horrible place
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INMarch 5, 2018
Management horrible. Staff are horrible, mean and hateful. Run away. They can't keep don because regional manager is the worst. She is hateful and rude
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Insurance horrible
Collaborative Team Environment
Nurse Executive (Current Employee) –  Multiple locationsJanuary 31, 2018
Assurance has been an amazing place to work. The company values quality care and really takes care of all employees - regardless of title. There is unlimited growth potential with competitive pay and a real "family" work environment.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks, growth potential
Constant Chaos
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 27, 2018
Terribly unprofessional management ,constant staff turnover and no follow through with employees constituted my experience working for this company. From the beginning of the onboarding process to when I left the company nothing was ever what they told me it would be.
Pros
The salaries are above average
Cons
Incompetent managment, high staff turnover and poor work/life balance.
Amazing Place to Work
Clinical Liaison (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 25, 2018
Working for Assurance Health System is the first job I’ve had where I don’t dread getting up and going to work in the morning. It’s an incredibly supportive and encouraging environment with a lot of upward mobility. The owners and administration do an excellent job displaying the company mission and vision as well as the company’s commitment to quality care for our patients. By far the best job I have ever had.
Not a good place to work
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 19, 2018
They don't keep their word about work hours if your client pass they don't try to find you more work so that you could have an income to support your family or yourself. the pay is not based off your work experience
Pros
I did not like it
Outstanding place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INDecember 26, 2017
Great place to work! Staff are treated really well. The company provides free meals three times a day to staff members that are working. Snacks are readily available and free. They like to promote within when all possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Assurance Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Assurance Health System Reviews by Location