ASSURANCE Independent Agents

ASSURANCE Independent Agents Employee Reviews

United States269 reviews
Featured review
ASSURANCE Independent Agents selected this as a representative review
Working at Assurance puts prior work experience in perspective and orchestrates it with Assurance training and on the job experience to bring out your best results. The owners and managers are top notch and continually bring improvements to all aspects. High tech and high professionalism at its best.
All the people leaving horrible reviews probably have the same thing in common: They are approaching this thing as a regular 9-5 job. Just like other "gig" opportunities (Uber, DoorDash, Postmates, etc) you have X amount of hours per day to make money- what you do with that time is entirely up to you. If you are only passively engaged you will see minimal return. If you want to make at least $100 per day expect to work 6-8 hours.

The job is simple- get insurance shoppers in touch with insurance agents. Most of your time will be spent dispositioning answering machines and immediate hangup calls. It's mundane but nothing to complain about. Just trudge through and deal with it. Transfers seem to come in waves. It is very common to end up having 3-5 in a row so keep your energy high and flowing from each call to the next.

There are enough fixed and random bonus opportunities to keep you motivated. There will be several times when you are unable to successfully transfer a warm lead due to tech issues or unavailable agents. This, too, is nothing worth complaining about. Stuff happens.

On the topic of pay- it sounds complicated up front but is really super simple:

- For each call that lasts >40 seconds you get 10 cents

- If a call lasts >90 seconds that 10 becomes 25 cents (they do not stack)

- You receive 30 cents for each call successfully transferred to an agent

- Your goal is for your transferred calls to be Quality Transfers:

- If they speak with an agent for >5 minutes = $3

- If they speak with an agent for >10 minutes= $6

- If they speak with an agent for >20
 - more...
Pros
Work for yourself, work from home, easy
Cons
It's a 1099 so no benefits, you need to save for taxes.
I liked working there I enjoyed it it was a positive work environment I learned a lot there my coworkers were super positive and understanding we all just wanted everyone to do their best
Pros
You get a raise in 2 weeks
Cons
I worked very long hours and I was not compensated like they explain . Felted I was ripped off. It was not explain to me that the bonuses were to be part of the compensation . So the number of calls you actually sold a policy did not add up and I was not paid anything close to what the computer said . Also I was never told what actually sold and no information on renewals
Pros
Bonuses everyday if you can make them
Cons
The same people seem to make the most money
High pressure sales which result in an enormous amount of charge backs due to non payment cancelations. Angry customers being blind transferred. Immediate hang ups from callers which count against your statistics. Low pay on completed sales. No training after initial unpaid training.
Cons
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Dishonest management. No managerial support for commission or tech issues. Just cheerleading. Important to have minimum 10-15 states to have chance to be successful. Able to put in long hours a must.
Pros
Platform. Daily Pay
Cons
No support/assistance. Management
I love the flexibility, I have with my family but, the opportunity for growth with this company isn't there. You feel stuck honestly. The compensation is limited but, they do pay you daily. The advances are very low and they limit there agents as well. If, your qualified to do Medicare, ACA or just short term medical plans you HAVE to pick between the 3. They have separated depts for all 3 which is weird. They almost limit there agents to what they can do on the platform. For all that just make us W2 agents and offer us benefits. I admit, the leads our good for the most part but, there's still a lot of work that needs to be done to support your agents.
If you are not good at sales then this is not for you. You can make good money but you get nothing else but your pay check. If you want more than this is not for you.
In order to be successful an individual must hold an insurance license in multiple states. Be vigilant in setting your own schedule. Open to continuing education opportunities
I’ve heard that the communication with assurance is kinda bad. The training was a bit unorganized, which I don’t feel there should be much ‘training’ needed. Based on the fact that this is the type of job that’s it’s either for you or it’s not. It’s cold calling, these people have been baited by some high dollar prize giveaway or some public assistance information. Your job is to verify the information they’ve provided and guide them ‘legally ‘ to a licensed insurance agent, and get paid.
Pros
Cons
Performance communication
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ASSURANCE Independent Agents?
Bad experience all the way around. See notes within this review. Your time and effort means nothing. Would work to lead a customer along, then they wouldn’t have an agent ready to take the call and you lose tge income. Many tech issues!
Pros
Take time off if needed.
Cons
Didn’t pay for jobs
Most innovative platform in the game! You won’t find another work from home platform as organized and easy as Assurance. It doesn’t get any better for Medicare AEP! It’s in your best interest to make this work!
Assurances first year selling Medicare was last year and they made a lot of mistakes. It is an Online Agency run by a telephone computer program that will transfer calls to best producers first which means new people could wait hours not getting any calls and then continue to be penalized through no fault over your own. You will need to be licensed in a lot of States ( 15-30 ) and follow up daily with contracting on your own as recruiters may not help at all. As for Life Insurance, they gear all prospects to their own carrier who most people have never heard of and will often get rejected after a very long telephone sales process that results in far less coverage than they desire for a lot more money.
No other platform with the script built right in to the system. Takes the guess work out of the equation. Easy to use system and the qualified leads are great! No other company offering this. Hope the same day pay never goes away! LOTS of money making potential.
Tier system is seriously flawed and sets 'some' agents up for failure, too many hours, no leads, no management help, no money, no help, not good company to work for
An incredible idea gone wrong... don’t give up any other position you have!
Get transferred live leads who “ want “ the product? No. It’s not true..

They set you up to fail. You go through training thinking and believing their marketing advertising Is for agents.. it’s not real. their algorithms mess you up. If you go off the platform for a few days don’t come back. You’ll get very few calls if any? You get bumped way down and you can’t recover to make any money ...

Algorithms all messed up.
This company does not train their agents properly and does not offer any kind of support to their agents! They tell you you are allowed to do something different and then cancel your contract without warning telling you that you aren’t allowed to do anything different!! Worst company ever to work for! Do not work for this company!! They will take your livelihood away for no reason what so ever!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Working for Assurance is not at all what I expected when I signed on. They advertise that you are in control of your work space. What that really means is that you will have a USS in your ear the whole time you are working criticizing the smallest details.. like that I should fine tune my voice to the liking of my USS instead of focusing on learning the systems. In training you spend a whole week, unpaid, learning a script. Then, from day one you are criticized whenever you actually use the script. Agents aren't in control. And if you have a question about how things work.. You are going to be told to google it.. Because google has better answers about the specific processes of the company than the actual leaders. I regret leaving a good job for this one.
Pros
Work from home with no schedule
Cons
Male dominated toxic culture, no support, no sense of community
It is a great place to work. Upper management cares about the employees.
An employee can grow their career at this company. The sky is the limit management really help you to grow.
Completely remote, no quotas or minimums, work when ever you wish from 5am to 9pm PST 7 days/week. So nobody will force you to work or not work. It can get a little grueling at times, frequent breaks help,
I loved working with Assurance, super easy going. Very flexible and your support team aka management is always a message away, they get back to you in a timely manner and always go above and beyond to help you get the most out of your platform.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASSURANCE Independent Agents. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9