Assurance IQ

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Nothing is easy but I'm making well over 6 figures per year, no pie in the Sky!

Featured review

Assurance IQ selected this as a representative review
I started in May, 2017 and am still going strong. In fairness, I had extensive phone experience prior to coming here. Bottom line here is if you work the sales are here and the money is remarkable. This is far from "easy" but for being difficult, it is amazing. Paid like clockwork every single Friday. They never miss a beat. By the end of this year, 2018, I expect to be mostly out of debt. It is amazing to go to the store and NOT WORRY about the prices of things anymore AND to be paying down debt at the same time. I don't enjoy paying higher than ever taxes BUT I'd rather have 60% of something than 100% of nothing.

Pros

Total Flexibility

Cons

At times if you don't close the deal on the 1st call, someone else gets it but not usually.

You make your own hours

Scheduling when you want is cool but takes too much to be compensated. Good for part time only really unless you truly dedicate 8 full hours of nonstop calls

you work from home remote, great benefits and opportunity for advancement.

There will be lots of training and support from MGMT you must be compliant via CMS and your calls are recorded.great culture and fun experiencesyou must be determined and have patience andbe coachable.

Pros

working from home and equipment supplied

Cons

stuck at the desk 8 hours

Overall great company to work for

I have been with the company for 4 years now and have gone through a lot of changes and growth. The flexibility and work/life balance is like no other!

Flexible commission Job with precise instructions and easy to follow scripts.

This is a good company to work for if your looking for work from jobs. My position was a Guide representative in which I had to verify and evaluate individuals for health, Medicare, and auto insurance. Then, I has to transfer them to a licensed agent to receive an insurance plan. This position was commission based and had no set work schedule.

Flexible schedule

Flexible schedule, long wait if not top agent. Potential to make 6 figures. I made 3 k in one week but I was logged on for about 9 hours. Free leads.

No management, Commission Only

Great opportunity if you are great at sales and want to work whenever you please. No management, no support. If your numbers drop they give you the bad leads and you no longer make any money because it is commission based only.

The position was commission only

I loved the fact I could set my own hours. Everyone was kind and helpful. Personal reasons and need for a steadier income are the reasons I left. I may go back if they will have me. Changes in my life have made my income requirements less than they were before .

Don't have to chase leads

Hardest part of job is having to keep on script on every call.The most enjoyable part of job is I can get on phone any time I want to earn money.Bonus is commonLimited companies representedFirst manager great; second manager sucked

Great team and managers .

This is a great job selling Medicare advantage . I have a flexible schedule and good bonuses. I’m a 1099 agent so it’s commission only. I work from home and we have sales meetings over zoom and teams . Management is very supportive and positive .

Work environment is great. You work from home but the pay.

The base salary is at the low end of the spectrum which means in order to make any money your sales have to be extraordinary and even then I have heard other employees complain. We do have good managers who seem to care about your success If not for the pay would be great place to work.

Pros

Great managers who seem to care about your success.

Cons

Low base salary

great flexibilty

Up until a week ago I was really happy with the position. 1099. Work with great flexibilty. I was able to make good money while being able to take care of my families needs. Right now we have a ton of doctors appts so it was nice to be able to work around them. I am sad that they made the changes they did.

Pros

flexibilty, 1099

Cons

communication from the management personel was minimal

There is flexibility to work when you want.

The job involves selling to potential medicare enrollees. Leads are provided to you, based on internet inquiries or TV advertisements. You have to be persuasive and earn their trust. Good sales skills are a must.

Pros

flexibility and immediate pay

Cons

speak with a lot of callers before making a sale

Great platform when is not having tecnical issues and management sucks

ASSURANCE platform is a great concept and very user friendly so it is very easy to do the job, only if you are a self starter and do not need much assistance. The managers have no clue of the and have no good advise to help. I guess that is why they changing the managers and other support staff constantly you never know who to talk to. Also as agent I do not feel valued at all.

Guide

Flexible work, you choose your own hours. Great pay if you are willing to put in the time and effort. Must have a stick with it attitude for success.

Stable, challenging work

This place is awesome! Pay could be better but the support and ongoing training and development has been wonderful. I never feel like I am another number within the company. I truly feel valued as an employee. There are a few cons though. As much as I love working here I do wish the pay were higher. They cut you quite a bit on commission and the tiers are set high even on off season months which makes it hard to survive during that time. Also, they are very meticulous about certain things. Being punctual.. they watch your punches and every minute you are offline is monitored. They hold everyone to a very, very high standard.

Pros

Good pay during AEP & OEP

Cons

Micro managing, low pay during off season

Decent company to work for.

Free leads, good training and if you put in the time you can make a decent income here.I bounced around before landing here to start making consistent sales.

Used to be AMAZING now it's just better than average due to over hiring

The only point of contact you have is technical support which is honestly sad for a multi-billion dollar company. Even during Open Enrollment when you are speaking to 500 customers a day you have zero resources in management or any other department at Assurance. They eliminated all company maintained forms of communication over a year ago because Guides were sharing grievences with each other. You used to be able to earn a GREAT living every day but as a result of them outsourcing and cutting commissions you may have 2 good days out of a 5 day work week.

Complicated

Assurance has good people but upper management is so staffed with individuals who don't know talent..can't recognize talent and don't stand around long enough to advance talent that they leave it up to others who have a not good agenda. This company lose some awesome employees simply because they are ill-managed. Change upper management and then you can change the trajectory of the company.

Pros

Income

Personal Finance - Mortgages

Was a great company to work for remotely. Unfortunately they quickly decided to close the division I worked in, specifically new and re-finance mortgages. Overall was a good company. Pay was very fair for what I was doing and health insurance was solid.

Pros

Remote work with control over my schedule.

Pay Could be Better

If you can handle a low base pay to survive on you will be fine but if you are bonus driven then may want to rethink it. During off seasons the their is not enough good leads to sustain the low base pay as its presented before you start the position

Pros

Bonus structure

Cons

Low base Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Assurance IQ. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits