Assurant

Assurant Employee Reviews

United States2,418 reviews
Found 2,418 reviews matching the search
I was just a Temp
As a Temp you don't get what the Core Employees get. So there is a Huge difference. You are treated differently as well.
It's an okay job but like I said, you're a Temp and nothing is in your favor. Do not trust easily for people will use it against you to get you fired.Learn from experience. Job was really easy as of last year before June when everything started to change.
That joy and sensation to be part of a big family
The salary is not great for someone who want to start a family He or she will need to get a 2nd job to sustain.
But overall, Assurant is a good place and a good environment to work. And for foreigner like myself. Assurant isca great place to start integration.
Business first
This company is all about the bottom line. Depending on the department you working in, they do not take into consideration the employees they hired. It is not the same rules for each department. The health benefits are terrible.
great place to work
All jobs have their bad days but the good days far outweigh the bad. great benefits, mangers that want you to succeed, fun activites at work to help with learning your job and having fun. And you are paid what you are worth. Would recommend to anyone who has a good work ethic and cares about people.
Great job to advance
Felt welcomed as soon as I started working there. A lot of training and support. Made many friends there. Great company to work for and to grow with. The insurance was awesome. helped me through
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Beware
You get a perfect annual review and poof then they eliminate the position for no reason. Then they make you stay in the building as punishment in order to get your severance pay. No one speaks to you or even acknowledges your presence, not even your manager, horrible atmosphere.
Don’t work here
I cannot even begin to explain the toxicity of this company. I was guaranteed to be hired on through a temp company with a contract and they bought out my contract to lay me off. I didn’t have a manger while working there and 0 accountability. Lazy employees are rewarded while hard workers get ground into the dust until they lose their will to be productive. They hire and fire at the drop of the hat and have questionably legal methods.
Stable work enviornment
Assurant provided a stable work environment that I enjoyed being at on a daily basis. I recommend working for Assurant. I learned a lot during my time with Assurant..
Another corporate job
All they care about is people being at work all the time and if u miss work and it not planned you get in trouble even if you have never taken a day off or left work early. This is the worst company to work for.
Productive and fun work place.
Transparent recruiting process. Productive and fun work pace. Flexible working schedule ( day night and weekend shift) Good and strong management. American standard company. Insurance benefits and wages are highly impressive. The respect of employee from management side makes this company more higher level then other.
"Better" isn't the word!
Unlike most training environments, Assurant starts off with a bang--introducing you to the upper management and reiterating how they're there to help. The supervisors aren't snotty, the team leads are always there to assist, and the higher-ups are always coming up with activities that ALL employees can participate in. The call queue may become very hectic, but there are tools to use in those cases. There are no certain cliques that look down upon you just because you're new. My favorite part about working for Assurant was actually going to work. My co-workers are like favorite cousins. My supervisor, unlike others I had in the past, was willing to go to bat for the smallest things, like QA scores. This particular Addison location was a breath of fresh air.
The pay is horrible
People were nice, but don’t expect to get paid unless your upper management. Company is huge and as potential. It’s somewhat strict and they micro manage.
Habitat for Humanity, assisting the community,
Very very busy, learned a lot about the banking insurance industry, management no comment, workplace culture is fair, hardest part is not being recognized for the hard work you do. Satisfying the customer.
Pros
Dress down badge
Cons
Raises, incentives
A great place to work, with life balance & caring people
The people are great to work with, very knowledgeable managers that are willing to assists.A very comfortable environment, the opportunity to work remote & believe in having employees develop their skills.
Assurant
Assurant is not the best company to work for. They don’t care about there employees. I have been working there for 2 years and still have the same position. They want you to work hard but in the end your never rewarded!
Sucked Balls
I wouldn't have referred a friend, o a friend of a friend to work here, much-less a family member. Managers are looking out for their best interest and will step on anyone to climb the corporate latter.
great pay
if you can get past the anxiety of talking to angry homeowners on the phone and getting screamed at this is a great company to work for. All of the managers and team leaders I met were all down to earth amazing people but I just couldn't handle the job itself.
productive and diverse
good company to work for, very diversified however compensation just average. they will train you and company culture is good compared to other companies.
Very Large company and in a competitve handset industry.
A typical day at work was supporting the account specific carrier customer driving market-share. Management was isolated and unlike when I worked at Apple. I had a great boss but he was always tied up in higher level meetings,
They lie to you in the interview and not trustworthy
They don't treat there Temporary employees with respect. adlkjadslkjasdlkjadkja;dkjldjdjd;djs;ldfajdsfajdsfkjadskfjlkjafdklj
jsdlkfjalkdfjasdfkjadfkadjfalkdjf a
Pros
Cons
Everything except location
Stay far away from Assurant
Possibly the worst company I have ever worked for. AWFUL hours, shift bids(which were required), pay was really low for dealing with what we had to deal with. Terrible management, favortism, and a really big push on your metrics. You are constantly scored on what they call QA's out of a 5 star score, if you arent pushing between 4.5 and 5.0s you are treated pretty horribly. Stay far away people
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Assurant. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.