Assurant Employee Reviews

Good job
APPRAISER RELATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2018
I enjoy working for Assurant. The management team has an open door policy and are very easy to talk to. My position allow me to have the flixibility I need to perform my duties efficiently while allowing me to think outside the box to resolve issues.
Development
People Leader Customer Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 11, 2018
Fast paced organization driven to provide excellent service. Diverse culture setting with the ability to stay competitive. A firm modeler to enhance performance, growth and engagement.
Pros
Collaboration
Benefits
Great peers
Senior Loss Draft Specialist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 10, 2018
Assurant was a great place to work, there's an opportunity to work with & meet great people, the only negative was that for advancing your career it's about who you know not what you know.
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
Advancement, working hours
Work Opinion
Lender Place OPS Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 9, 2018
I learned about the different types of insurance laws. A typical day would be me processing lender place billing and making sure my accounts are in order. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationship I had with my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was learning new clients procedures.
Incredible Company
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 9, 2018
Great people to work with.
The work is beneficial to those we help. Working with people looking for help putting their lives back together is rewarding.
Structured Environment
Senior Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 9, 2018
Assurant is a nice place to work for. The inclusive culture is one of the driving forces. It is a high volume output service. Management can differ from each department. The most enjoyable part is definitely the people.
Pros
People, Culture
Metrics Metrics Metrics
Help Desk Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 8, 2018
company too focused on numbers - no concern for employee - not a good place to work - very stressful environment and every month was possibly career ending
A good stable company.
LINE LEAD (Current Employee) –  York, PAAugust 8, 2018
Often had company sponsored lunch food, job is fast paced with quotas per shift, I am the line lead and also head up the medical response team. I train new employees.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Shift Hours 4.30pm to 3am
Fantastic
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORAugust 3, 2018
Absolutely loved working here. Great environment, great management, everything was great. The break room is pretty cool with lots of games and a nice tv along with a little market for food. There’s a quiet room to read and relax in and also a covered smoking area which is nice. The company is very involved with the employees and hold lots of fun events like BBQ and little carnivals in the parking lot.
Job Advancement
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 2, 2018
There was no opportunity for advancement, it was a dog eat dog world. Everyone was vying for the 1 or 2 positions that may come open every blue moon..
Pros
Excellent Co Workers
Cons
Poor Management
Fun Place to Work
Call Center Universal Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORAugust 1, 2018
A lot of team building in the workplace. Managers would motivate the representatives with contests and other perks. The benefits were very convenient and very helpful.
everything is good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2018
Everything is great, the company is good to there workers. the customer service that supports the company is outstanding. the more you work here there it feels like home .
Pros
friendly people
Cons
break are timied
Good Company
Financial Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 29, 2018
Assurant is a large company, the opportunity for career advancement is great, employees are a little underpaid but there is a good work balance within the company.
Pros
Good job/personal balance
Cons
salary.
A typical day at work
Claims Examiner, Customer Care and Lead (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJuly 27, 2018
Our center processed the claims for American Express and I enjoyed speaking with the members and offering assistance with their claims. There were opportunities for some overtime also.
Pros
Had great co=workers and management were helpful.
Cons
Angry members when their claims were not eligible for coverage.
Your voice matters.
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  York, PAJuly 25, 2018
Friendly atmosphere. It is very easy to request to train in other departments if you want to (It is encourage). Your voice matters. With surveys everyonce in a while and suggestion boxes to gather your opinion about the job, with noticible results. Management is always looking for ways to improve job environment.
Cons
Alot of work, not enough pay.
Account Manager/ Insurance Processor (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 25, 2018
This company always has work but they don't pay enough. This causes the turnover rate to be very high. The worst part of this job was the micro managing. I am always the type to complete my tasks on hand so this made me feel uncomfortable sometimes. The best part of this job is that they would allow some employees to work from home if they met the criteria.
Overall positive experience.
Sales (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 23, 2018
I can't speak for the entire organization but in the division which I worked, the leadership was very good. I enjoyed the peer group where I worked and an effort was made to provide relevant job training.
Pros
Nice group of people to work with.
Cons
Strong emphasis on relationships over results.
claims
Medical Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 21, 2018
I was hired in the winter of 2015, however, in the spring of 2015 the company announced that they would no longer be working in the health insurance industry. I lost my job.
Research/ Duluth
Research (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 20, 2018
I like my job and appreciate learning everything about insurance, loans, escrow accounts and how to read homeowners policies. To have that type of experience is a big deal for me. I would like to move on and learn other job responsibilities. That doesn't seem to happen anymore. Management lacks prepping or encouraging growth among their employees. There are no open door policies within the company. They have added impossible time restraints on duties that are impossible to meet. The culture is like being in high school.
Pros
health benefits/work life balance
Cons
Management should step up to the plate and encourage growth/time restraints on duties
Nice enviroment to work in
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GAJuly 20, 2018
typical work day 9-5 , I was a teleworker for 5 years while with the company, had weekly meeting learned a lot of helpful things in reference to mortgages and insurance, hardest part was the sudden change in mortgage and insurance, rules can change daily
Pros
no weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Assurant. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.