Assurant Employee Reviews

Found 1,954 reviews matching the search See all 2,084 reviews
Trouble
Field Staff Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2018
The company is on a downward financial spiral; their lender-placed business is dwindling and they need to find a new market niche. They recently laid off many adjusters and re-organized some management.
Fast-paced work with great benefits
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHDecember 10, 2018
While the work itself was sometimes stressful and overwhelming, the workplace offers a relaxing oasis for breaks. Additionally you're given plenty of discounts to local donut shops and resturaunts. The managers are friendly and willing to work with you to build your skills.
Pros
discounts, family-like environment
Cons
stressful callers, occassional mandatory overtime
Lots of changes
Executive Resolutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHDecember 10, 2018
I truly enjoyed the first years working with the company. In the past several years, there have been changes that have affected the employees incentive programs and growth.
Decent place to work if you're not concerned about job security
Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHDecember 10, 2018
Employed at Assurant for 10+ years, but the last couple years have turned into a nightmare. Don't get me wrong, the pay and benefits are great for the type of job and this area and I've worked with some great people, but job security has taken a nosedive. Too much work, too little staff, and too high of a quota for everything they're asking associates to do.

Management is very dismissive of concerns, and would rather fire numerous associates than fix issues. I don't know of anyone who can keep a positive attitude and good productivity when the entire department is sent multiple E-mails every week that includes the phrase 'up to and including termination' while watching a constant stream of co-workers fired every few weeks.

Don't bother trying to talk to HR about concerns- they don't even have an HR representative at the Ohio office, and any messages that are sent to HR normally receive a reply that doesn't actually address the concern.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits, friendly coworkers
Cons
Poor job security, toxic work environment
Employment summary
Field Claims Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2018
Enjoyed my time at Assurant. Worked three different positions during my employment. All positions were entirely work from home. This helped with life/work balance and family commitments.
Could be better if Reps were treated like persons not robots.
Bilingual Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORDecember 5, 2018
I would have learned more to be better at handling angry customers if continuous training was provided, instead we got a weekly one on one meeting with the supervisor to discuss and listen to all the bad handled calls we got. EX: you sounded too cold, you didn't acknowledge the dog barking, you didn't sound empathetic...etc. Who likes to listen to his/her own voice? this continuous criticism wears you out by the end of the month. There is no fresh air everyone breathes the same germs and no one cares. And my favorite line by my supervisor "well then this may not be the right place for you" Yes I quit.
Pros
Early in early out schedule
Cons
Supervision not being acknowledged for being bilingual.
Decent place to work
CSR1, CSR2, Work Force Analyst; Front-line rep (Former Employee) –  Albany, OR 97322December 3, 2018
High stress indicators and for the workforce anaylsts don’t get paid near as much as they deserve for the work they do. Employees are close to each other and they are supportive of people I recovery for addiction
Pros
Benefits and alot of opportunities for advancement
Cons
Not paid enough
Good Job / Weird Culture
Status Processor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 29, 2018
Excellent service to the mortgage, banking industry. Employment culture not suitable to older adults, mostly juvenile environment. Cliquish environment, needs change. Unclear why growth, by magnitudes, did not occur.
Pros
Excellent environment for learning about mortgages, appraisals
Cons
Environment, culture
Aiz
Chief of Staff and EA to the CEO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2018
Work days as Chief of Staff were lengthy and challenging. Great place to work, and most are collaborative. I travelled with the CEO and the executive team and learned a great deal.
It all depends on who your manager is.
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 24, 2018
With the right manager there is endless guidance and opportunity. With the wrong manager life is h e double hockey sticks. The harassment is unending. It's like having a gun to your head daily. Quality and production standards have reached highs that can not be maintained on a continual basis and the crabs in the barrel mentality that have taken over the organization has resulted in the loss of many great people including my mentor. What was once a great career opportunity is now a high turnover stepping stone.

Want to know more about Assurant?

Ask a question
Excellent place to work
Material Processor (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 23, 2018
I really love the work environment and developed a great love for the company as well as my supervisors and meet alot of coworkers who were team players and willing to help when we needed assistance in our work duties and projects
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Just need alot more Assurants locations
A good (although no longer available) place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 19, 2018
Assurant Health is no longer an operating business entity, but while it was, it was a pleasure to work there for the years I had. It was a very large organization, and required collaboration with many different departments, at least for my role. People were largely friendly and always professional. As a workplace, I felt as though my peers and I always had each others' backs, building trust and making me feel part of a cohesive team. There was not a tremendous amount of room for advancement, unfortunately, as the department was full of people settled into their roles, and of course, the company was unable to last as a result of the Affordable Care Act, but management was always fair, and open to suggestions from employees, as well as eager to reward hard work. If it were still in operation, I would recommend it as a place to make a lasting career, as so many workers there before me had.
Pros
Good management and culture, pay, flexibility, friendly employees
Cons
Fast-paced and sometimes uncertain environment due to the ACA
It was a terrible place to work! Wouldn't want anyone to be subjected to this place!!
Entry level (Former Employee) –  York, PaNovember 18, 2018
Very poor management!!
Management is very distanced from employees!!
Favoritism!!
Cliques
Nasty hateful people!!
Too much drama!!
Cut throat people!!
Sitting 10 hours a day
No room for advancement
No windows
Poor equipment that rarely works with an even worse IT team!!
HR is a joke!
Going through security that is
also a joke
Condescending behavior towards temporary and permanent employees!!
Not allowed to stand up for yourself
Expect you to hit high numbers with equipment that never works and they rarely can fix properly!!!!
My dog gets treated better than most of the employees, unless you brown nose!!
Good riddance!!
Pros
Clocking out and/or quitting
Cons
Great experience. Unlimited growth potential.
Facilities technician I (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 17, 2018
If all you want to do is show up, on time, when scheduled, so be it. You will never get fired.
If you actually put some effort into your position with the expectation of learning, you will grow with the company. The sky is the limit if you try.
Pros
Job security for those that show up and do the task assignments.
Cons
Some people just want to get paid, have a poor work ethic and give off bad vibes.
Outstanding
SIU Investigator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 16, 2018
Great place to work great place to raise a family school is on grounds. Large lunch room great people good management good location plenty of parking after work activities a great place to work
Fair Wage
Sr. New Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 15, 2018
Assurant does offer fair wages that include an annual bonus. The benefit package was less than desirable. They allowed freedom to work independently.
Shady company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHNovember 8, 2018
This company has routinely been at odds with regulators, and profits on foreclosure surges. Came under intense scrutiny in last market crash. I left after I was promised a promotion, told I was getting it, then three months later they took it back right before year end bonuses were due.

It's not a terrible place to work if you're desperate, but I recommend you land elsewhere if at all possible.
Pros
Like anywhere, there are some good people there
Cons
Schysters
Nice place to work and get started
Laborer (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 6, 2018
It was a nice place to start out but it constantly changes it's policies but it lacks in communication, not letting workers know what is what until last second.
Good Work Place
QA Automation Lead (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 6, 2018
Good opportunity to learn and understand global insurance products.
Good place learn and implement various technological ideas and more friendly people to work with smile.
Cons
Unequal benefits to contract employees
Wasn't willing to work with their employees
Property Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 5, 2018
I hated working at Assurant. When it came down to it, they didn't care about your life outside of Assurant. As long as you were making them money that's all that seemed to matter. I had a three month old child in the hospital with Pneumonia and they basically told me if I called in to be with my child I was fired.
Pros
I had a paycheck coming in
Cons
Awful work environment, sometimes too much overtime, wasn't willing to compromise if you had children

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Assurant. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss