Assurant Employee Reviews

Found 1,994 reviews matching the search See all 2,127 reviews
Great coworkers and management!
Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHNovember 5, 2018
The only downside for me was the pay, and how long it would take me to advance to a livable wage in the position I’m in. They’re very much into promoting within, but that doesn’t really help much if you’re like me and none of the positions above you interests you.

Otherwise, the benefits are great. You’d be hard pressed to find any other place that offers as much PTO as they do and it only increases the longer you work there. The health insurance covers quite a bit in my experience. As for management, my manager is great and is probably my favorite one that I’ve ever had at any of my jobs.

If we could receive a larger raise every year, it would be even better.

In summary, it’s a great atmosphere and the people are really great!
Pros
Amount of paid time off, health benefits, management
Cons
Pay
Good Company
Property Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 12, 2019
Assurant trained well for claim handling. Management appears to be directing company to pay third-party vendors for actual claim handling, I assume so HR doesn't have to pay the extra costs associated with employees - benefits & payroll taxes. The downside, however, is that 3rd party work product is overall substandard, and ended up making Assurant employees having to work claims twice, because the 3rd party companies didn't have to deal with the customer once they were done!
Otherwise, compensation was good, 401(k) benefits are awesome, work-life balance was great, I have to recommend!
Decent place to work if you're not concerned about job security
Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHDecember 10, 2018
Employed at Assurant for 10+ years, but the last couple years have turned into a nightmare. Don't get me wrong, the pay and benefits are great for the type of job and this area and I've worked with some great people, but job security has taken a nosedive. Too much work, too little staff, and too high of a quota for everything they're asking associates to do.

Management is very dismissive of concerns, and would rather fire numerous associates than fix issues. I don't know of anyone who can keep a positive attitude and good productivity when the entire department is sent multiple E-mails every week that includes the phrase 'up to and including termination' while watching a constant stream of co-workers fired every few weeks.

Don't bother trying to talk to HR about concerns- they don't even have an HR representative at the Ohio office, and any messages that are sent to HR normally receive a reply that doesn't actually address the concern.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits, friendly coworkers
Cons
Poor job security, toxic work environment
This is for the Lewisville, Tx plant.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 30, 2018
Good plant manager, several great supervisors, but lacking in directors who can take criticism of their procedures and staff. HR department to focus on protecting their own jobs then protecting company or employees.

Check emails for any issues with previous days.
Begin pulling inventory to check for issues in quality packing, contents, and devices for any defects, wrong grading, and correct product. us
Upon finding issues, would determine where and how the issue got through. Was it a procedural issue or just a mistake. With procedural issues, would discuss with supervisors to correct (they would take credit, of course) If by mistake, track to specific employee and inform supervisor of how often this is happening.
Pros
Great benifits.
Cons
promise promotions but take credit for your work, typically promote yes people no matter their skills
Hard Work with Good Benefits
Technology Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 9, 2019
Depending on the division of the company you work for, the culture varies just a bit, and the location is also a big factor on local perks offered to employees. The IT organization tends to reorg every 5 years or so, and layoffs can occur when that happens. Better local benefits at the corporate offices than at the remote business sites. Hit your production numbers and you will do well in the business divisions.
Pros
Possible work from home positions, corporate offices have local perks such as gym, childcare, great benefits
Cons
Can be stressful in the business lines to meet the division goals, but if you apply yourself you can do well.
Assurant
Call Center, Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Albany, OROctober 23, 2018
Working here has really open a broadband of opportunities for me. I was exposed to call center life. Although it was fun and you met great people, it was quite challenging. The over whelming feeling that the calls will never stop rolling or that management although was helpful in helping you achieve your goals, they don't help when you are over flowed of callers. I enjoyed my job and wished we hadn't parted ways, but I would recommend this job to anyone willing to take on a fast paced career.
Pros
warm atmosphere, great incentives, benefits, extra training
Cons
over flows of calls
Awesome team with great benefits!
Bi-lingual Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 5, 2018
I’ve been working in Assurant’s Spanish Bilingual team for almost a year, I absolutely love the work environment and how management is always there for us. I was working at the office for about 6 months and my manager gave me the opportunity to WFH and I took it! Even though I’m at home I still get support as if I was in the office. Time management is a VERY big thing in the company, I have seen several coworkers get fired because they just could not get to work on time or were coming back from break late consistently. Overall great company to work for with so many opportunities to grow within the company all over the US.
Pros
WFH opportunity, hour lunch, great benefits, casual dress, supportive team, great management, growth within company.
Cons
Strict in regards to company policies, Spanish team is expected to exceed QA, therefore placing stress on us to make every call perfect, even though we manage multiple clients.
It's a good start for work experiance
Processing/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 4, 2019
I didn't agree with working at a company that would hire and promote people off of the street quicker than people that are already trying to get a better position. It seemed that it didn't matter how hard you worked getting promoted was not the intention. The pay did not keep up with the COL and we had to get a certain score to even get a couple of pennies for a raise at the end of the year.
Pros
Good work ethic
Cons
not worth the travel
Flexible with hours and schedule.
FHA and Conventional Default Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 20, 2019
Liked that I could work from home. Did not like the no raises or room for advancement aspect. They are learning from their mistakes and try to fix most methods that don't work. They have gotten better at making processes and procedures universal and available to all employees. They are not shy about laying off people in large amounts however.
It's all about who you know
Loss Draft Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 10, 2019
The ones that work the hardest get overlooked. The ones who goof off with the managers get promoted.
The layoff was awful, but what was worse was them trying to get me to come back for less pay. I felt my soul die.
Sad that they did not recognize loyalty to the job when they had it.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
No opportunity for advancement if you don't have a manager friend
Research/ Duluth
Research (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 20, 2018
I like my job and appreciate learning everything about insurance, loans, escrow accounts and how to read homeowners policies. To have that type of experience is a big deal for me. I would like to move on and learn other job responsibilities. That doesn't seem to happen anymore. Management lacks prepping or encouraging growth among their employees. There are no open door policies within the company. They have added impossible time restraints on duties that are impossible to meet. The culture is like being in high school.
Pros
health benefits/work life balance
Cons
Management should step up to the plate and encourage growth/time restraints on duties
Working for Assurant was a learning exp
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJanuary 10, 2019
Working for Assurant and being place with the patient that I took care of was a fun, interesting time.
I liked what I did and was happy doing my job and taking care of him.
It was not my intent to leave, I was replaced while out on medical leave due to a car accident.
Assurant is a good company to work for, but the only downside is they offer no health benefits.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
No health benefits
Too bad the company closed
Customer Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 28, 2018
Unfortunately the company closed/went off the health insurance market place, or I would still be there. Work hours were flexible with overtime, regular raises and annual bonus; separate from salary. Excellent profit sharing and benefits. Worked from home full time for more than 7 years.
Decent place to work
CSR1, CSR2, Work Force Analyst; Front-line rep (Former Employee) –  Albany, OR 97322December 3, 2018
High stress indicators and for the workforce anaylsts don’t get paid near as much as they deserve for the work they do. Employees are close to each other and they are supportive of people I recovery for addiction
Pros
Benefits and alot of opportunities for advancement
Cons
Not paid enough
Stay away from this Bad Apple
Premium Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2018
This company has no Mission statement or Strategy. Management and H.R is the bottleneck. Ethical comitee violates all ethical boundries. No internal job promotions...ever Eventhough you are more than qualified. Accounting Department is the worst out of all ,,,,So does the premium accounting department.

Enjoyable part is that you don't get to work if they dont have work. So if you dont worry about Career Advancement...this is the best place to work. I destroyed my career and chances to move ahead.
Pros
Bemefits
Cons
Illiterate management, No salary structure, No job Advancement
Material Processor (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 21, 2019
I really enjoyed this job. There is a lot of room for advancement. Managers are great. I did not want to leave my position but I relocated and it was a long drive. Employees are great to work with. Pay and benefits are wonderful.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Long days
Great Opportunity for College Graduate
P&C Claims Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2018
Amazing campus. Opportunity to explore many different career paths. Depending on department long hours with no work life balance. Company going through many organizational changes.
Pros
Child Care, Benefits, Gym
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Good pay. Good environment
Loss Draft Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 28, 2019
It was great being able to wear my own clothes to work. The pay is fair for what you do. Opportunities and advance and good health care benefits. I would try to work here again.
Pros
Good pay. Wear your own clothes. Full cafeteria. Very nice facilities.
Cons
drama in some departments. Depends on the employees
Outstanding
SIU Investigator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 16, 2018
Great place to work great place to raise a family school is on grounds. Large lunch room great people good management good location plenty of parking after work activities a great place to work
Excellent Place to work
Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 31, 2018
Best part of Assurant was you always had an opportunity to learn and grow.

Consistently looking for employee participation in major decisions.

Employee Appreciation events throughout the year.
Pros
Advancement, Salary
Cons
Massive amount of employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Assurant. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight