AssuredPartners
52Below average
2.9

AssuredPartners Employee Reviews

United States35 reviews
They bring in new people wanting to change the culture but support people who have been there for ages to continue in their old ways. CSRs micro-manage and constantly scrutinize new employees. Constant gossip and management plays favorites.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Office Culture
It’s a job that’s the nicest thing I could say. Management never gave me a clear directive as to what my job was only talk about all the wonderful things to come. Meanwhile they paid me a meager hourly wage and handed me low-end and high risk clients, that kind no one else wants to be bothered with.
They cater to clients with deep pockets, that’s their core value.
Pros
Latest technology
Cons
Self promoting a**holes
Great Management and employees. Everyone is very helpful if you need it. Only thing I'm not thrilled with is my pay and PTO. Sick & vacation is combined to 10 days. I'm used to 3 wks vacation.
A. P. is a mess. There's a reason they're hiring for all positions all the time. No one that hasn't been constantly beat down in life, and feels they deserve it, should be there. Think "battered wife syndrome".
Overall, it is a great place to work with friendly associates and fun activities. I enjoyed meeting and communicating, not only with the people that worked in the office, but also with the different agencies throughout the Midwest Region.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
AssuredPartners Northeast LLC has been a great place to work for the past year. I am a recent college graduate and feel very lucky to be able to work here. I have flexible work days and work/life balance is understood and encouraged. My position is challenging but there are always people who are willing to help me within the White Plains office as well as other northeast offices. Management is hands-on and is always willing to help me out. In addition, I feel close with my team and enjoy working with the people in the office. With any type of work environment, what you put into it affects what you get out of it. Putting in effort to get to know people, interacting with other departments and asking for help goes a long way here! Being a sales person, I am encouraged to try new things and my ideas are taken into account by the people around me. Overall, I really enjoy working here!
Pros
flexible work days, employee engagement activities, and access to management
Cons
fast-paced environment
As a current employee of almost 8 years, my experience has been very positive at AssuredPartners Northeast LLC. I have learned so much with the help of senior management. My hard work and passion was recognized which led to several promotions. There is so much room for growth, direction and opportunities at AssuredPartners.

Additionally, the company plans events throughout the year (inside and outside of the office) which include but not limited to: bowling, happy hours, annual holiday party and, most importantly, our annual Halloween party! The company truly feels like family, everyone is friendly and gets along well.

Overall, this is a great company to work for and I enjoy working here.
I started after graduation four years ago, it was my fist experience in an office environment and had a great experience, the staff is friendly and management is seems to be willing to help you learn. They are big on promoting from within which I think helps motivate the staff that wants to move up. Salaries could be better but the benefits offered can make up for some of that.
Only complaint would be that some staff get by with doing the minimal while others do the majority of the work with little recognition.
Pros
Great envoirment and managers; potantioal to advance; flexible
Cons
Salary; can be clicky
Overall a good place to work
If you want to be a Producer, there’s a lot of tools to help guide you to success

Most people in the offices are great to work with
This company has little to no leadership, no orientation, no training, office manager with NO management experience, etc. start up that has grown too fast. No methods to get anything accomplished in place. Turn over is extremely high as a result! They use people and release them with no warning or cause.
Heavy administrative workload. Understaffed. No sense of achievement. Felt like I was selling myself short working there. No communication from management of how the company is doing and where the company is headed. High turn over.
Felt used and thrown away. Leadership was lacking. Culture of turn and burn. 1980's sales process and lack of ability to transition into a more consultative and sustainable and reputable leader.
Not a place you want to work. the turnover is extremely high and management is really poor and lacks the ability to manage. Cameras are used to monitor employees all day. Very political and impossible to change. Favoritism is not based on skill. A lot of people have quit or been pushed out in some departments 100% turnover
While they seem wonderful at first, watch your back. There was so much drama and politics. Everyone's workload was so overwhelming, they were too stressed out to function. Producers were allowed to treat support staff with abuse.
Days are spent working on existing account renewals and processing any new accounts producers bring in. The hardest part of the job is remarketing accounts if your office does not have a marketing person, and many do not. There doesn't seem to be a lot of room for advancement or higher pay, though that will vary from office to office.
This is for the Mount Laurel location. DONT DO IT. the manager is horrible treats you worse then you will ever be treated. Her daughter works there as well and they tag team you. I went to HR and the owner and neither did anything except tell her I went to them so she got even worse til I resigned. She once told me “when she doesn’t like someone she pushes them out the door that way they quit instead of being fired so she doesn’t have to pay unemployment
Not very good salary and benefits and there is hardly any room for advancement. Work environment is good and management cares about its employees for the most part.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Salary
If you are into the insurance lifestyle sales and acquisitions, then this company is for you. I have been with this company for a little over two years now and my expectations have dwindled as time progressed forward. It is a growing company but customer care is not the best currently and the company as a whole does not seem to be well organized. Certain employees should be able to access certain data from any division especially for clients but that is not AssuredPartners main issue to address at this time. In summary the company overall is your average mergers and acquisition insurance company but on a scale of one to ten I would state that this company is a 6 for me.
Pros
lots of opportunities within the insurance relm.
Cons
Healthcare option is not the best on the market for the employee.
All employees are welcoming and will answer any questions you may have. Business flows very smoothly there and has good structure. Everyone is very hard working and accomplish great things everyday.
Toxic environment for the Long Island office, no room to grow, no raises with hard work, constant belittlement, better off taking chances elsewhere as the managers will not pay attention to your issue.
AP has the capability and knowledge to win big accounts small agencies otherwise couldn't. However, that revenue will likely not go to the producer that brought the account in, but rather the knowledge center. There is also no additional support for smaller accounts than what a typical smaller agency can provide.

If you are employed by an agency that has been acquired by AssuredPartners, be very aware that employees are viewed as numbers on a spreadsheet. Despite being told I was "one of the leaders looking forward" and "essential to the success of the team" my position was eliminated one year after acquisition. The reason was not job performance, but rather to align expenses with AP standards. Also be aware AP does not pay severance packages or accrued PTO so be sure to build your savings. They demand terminated employees honor their employment contract.

The agency I worked at had producers' pay cut by 20% - 40%. All producers were also forced to sign a revised employment contract right before acquisition without the ability to review it. In addition, all producers became w-2 employees whereas the majority were previously 1099 independent contractors. The drastic change from a family-owned agency with a feeling of caring created a very toxic environment with substantial negativity and feelings of being used.
Pros
OK benefits, great co-workers
Cons
Pay cuts caused toxic environment, only interested in helping with really big accounts, bad HR policies