Assurity Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Love This Place
Worksite Regional Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 1, 2018
Assurity Life is a great company that treats it's employees right. It is a challenging career backed by great management to help you through challenging times. The people I worked with were great, which is extremely important to me, and helps makes the day-to-day more enjoyable. The work is rewarding and my daily activities show through the numbers. On top of that, the company takes care of their employees and gives them plenty of opportunities to grow beyond just their professional lives.
Pros
Employees, Benefits, Rewarding, Flexibility
A decent place
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 27, 2017
For the most part a decent place to work. Each day was very busy, you had to make sure you didn't fall behind because it was hard to get caught up once you did.
Pros
Benefits and Company Sponsored Events
Cons
Improve training and procedures
Productive and Innovative, great work environment!
Software Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 14, 2017
Typical day consists of sprint meetings, code reviews and work time. The main part of the day is reserved for work. The projects are broken into to teams, each team member has a task and you work to achieve a common goal.
One of the best places to work in Lincoln
Client Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 6, 2016
Assurity is a great company through and through, from its employees to the CEO. The CEO is a wonderful leader that genuinely seems to care about his employees and gets to know practically each and every one of them. Assurity is a great place to begin a career in insurance with many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, a caring, friendly environment, state of the art building, competitive compensation
Not what I thought it would be
new bussiness processing (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 17, 2016
I really liked my job, but no matter how hard you tried you had to get 95% on everything, you had these stupid score cards to do quarterly, and were audited on everything. My thought is if they did not like you, or if you were not outgoing enough you were judged. I think they need to get rid of some of the management who think they are above everybody else, and quit making people feel like they are worthless and can get let go at anytime. Not a good feeling to think you will be let go if you make a mistake. Worst job I ever had!! Glad I quit. Am so much more happier, no more stress!!!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No breaks, stress full work enviroment.
A company that truly cares about employees
CLIENT SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR I (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 21, 2015
Assurity Life Insurance Company cares about all employees, from compensation to health. An amazing company to work for.
Pros
Benefits, Compensation
Cons
No Breaks
Scanning files
Image Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 12, 2015
Scanning and categorizing paper documents for the company. Spending majority of the day taking apart old paper documents and prepping them for being turned into electronic files. Also, co-workers were fun to work with. Assurity was an enjoyable working experience overall.
Pros
Co-workers, benefits, volunteer
Cons
short breaks, low support from management
Good salary and benefits, but
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 18, 2014
This company provided a good salary and excellent benefits, but I felt the company tried to achieve too many goals at once. I also felt that we needed more people on my team to accomplish everything that was asked of us.
Excellent Place to Work
Interview Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 5, 2013
This is a company that treats the employees well. I enjoy working there. They also have advancement opportunities.
Watch your back
RSM (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 27, 2012
Your experience here will be dependent on who your manager is. If you have a good one, you'll like the company. If you have a bad one, you'll wish you never accepted the position.