ASTECH Employee Reviews

Bad place to work
Dc (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 2, 2019
No future workin here, really high insurance price, you place in environment where you're not welcome,i heard some supervisor are actually cool incentive in your a in shop small but something, its more of a computer type of job
Pros
Easy on my back
Cons
Temp
Corporate scheming warning
Diagnostic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2019
They hire a lot of us from Philadelphia and jersey lie to us about moving up within there company then drag us along for months, had us competing against each us to get scans when i got fired i had 230 scans in the three months i been hired then fired for lack of work, post scan cost 119 pre scan cost 59 i made them at least 14k, i could have did way better if they where organis. When i was trying to move up they told me ASE don't matter all i need to know is how to use a manufacturer scanner and training me cost too much,
they sell there services sayin THERE TECH ARE ASE CERTIFIED, one by one we fall untill its me and MGN they will differently know who i am astech lie to me for three months without blinking push us to make astech money every week conference call putting people on bast who's not get scan and why, they want us to get ten scan per day fifty scans a week thats at least $7000 so thats $28000 a month and thats my salary for a year, this was my worst working experience every and it was very little working plug in a device walk away and wait for a phone call easy .I KNOW FOR SURE ASTECH ALL LIE'S THE INDIVIDUAL SCANNING NOT ALL ASE CERTIFIED SOME TO MOST DONT HAVE NONE THEY'RE REALLY NO HANDS ON ITS JUST A TITLE "TECHNICIAN" OR "DIAGNOSTIC COORDINATOR" NEVER TAKE THE DC JOB ONLY IF YOU WORK THE 40 HOURS NO MATTER WHAT THEY CALL AND TELL YOU AND KNOW ITS PART TIME DONT GET YOUR HOPES UP I WARNED YOU
Pros
Little working
Cons
There whole operation
good to learn
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 24, 2019
you can learn all about hvac, comercial and residencial
Very easy but boaring at times
Diagnostic coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 22, 2019
Very simple job,but you are placed in shops where you might not be wanted,so there are chances you will feel as though you are in a toxic inviroment..
Pros
Very easy relaxed job
Cons
Can get very board waiting on cars
Great Gig for the independent worker
Mobile Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2019
After wrenching for 28 years (ASE Master) and wanting to get into new technology and working with newer vehicles without slaving at the dealerships (endless oil changes and warranty pay) asTech offers state of the art equipment, company vehicle, gas card and company credit card, plenty of work with body shops, independent as well as franchise shops, if you enjoy meeting new people to service their businesses and build a working relationship this would a great opportunity.
Pros
Good pay and Benefits
Cons
Very fast pace
Corporate Menatality, Unrealistic Pay
Scanning Technician/Remote (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 23, 2019
asTech started out amazing and was like a dream career. Unfortunately, drive for more production from scanning technicians has increased stress levels for all. It is turning into a quantity not quality company.

The pay is also something that is misfortunate. The base pay is 15.00 and you are paid a 1.00 more an hr for every qualifing ASE, with a max pay of 28.00. Now, there is a so called "bonus" that they offer every couple of days. But this is quantity of scans based and is unrealistic, It usually equauls out to be about 2-10.00 for the day with an occational 20-40 if you have no problems, which never happens. There is also the same scale for factory trained technicians with a max of 28.00.

The problem is, if you are that qualified, you can make well over 30 at a dealership or auto shop that rewards working harder. It is very tempting to return to the dealership where i was making triple on flat rate.

Management does their best, but they are all technicians and have no idea how to manage people. The higher level management that has the training to be a manager has no idea about the auto industry and only knows how to fluff numbers and crack the whip.
Pros
Easy on your back and you will get really good at typing.
Cons
Not enough pay for experience and knowledge, High pressure
most imortant part of job
Lead Core Maker (Current Employee) –  Vassar, MISeptember 9, 2018
making cores.
Management is good.
Needs more money for the employees especially the leads in each department.
the hardest part is not enough money for the job.
I learned how to make molds and cores.
The most enjoyable part of day is going home.
Hard work
Foundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Vassar, MIJune 27, 2018
Very fast paced stressful lots of work to be done. No time to stand around and do nothing. Cleanest foundry in Michigan. This foundry is high in safety.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
To far away
Best company I have ever worked for!
In-shop Technician (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 14, 2018
Great company to work for, especially for an aging technician. I get paid well and work in a relaxed environment. Basically was a career change but still in my field of work. My tools now consist of a laptop and a phone. I can do this until I retire without killing myself.
Pros
Pay, management, flexibility.
Cons
none really
Did not enjoy
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 14, 2018
I did not enjoy working here. Poor pay, loud co-workers that did not mind laughing and saying inappropriate things while they were sitting next to you and you were on the phone.
Best job I have ever had
Master Mobile Tech (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 4, 2018
Astech bought the company I was working for which was an awesome place to work. Little changed in the year since. Everyone is willing to help. Great communication an always room for advancement. Not the type of job for someone not serious about a career. I work the mobile side and absolutely love it.
Pros
Advancement, benefits, cares about the employees
Cons
Can be long hours
Hard environment to work in.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 21, 2018
I did not enjoy working here. Co-workers were very immature. They laughed and talked loud right next to you knowing you were on the phone conducting customer service duties.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Immature co-workers
Done
Driver/Equipment Hauler (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MNMarch 8, 2018
Long days ,seasonal work and requires lots of traveling . Travel throughout Minnesota ,North Dakota and sometimes IA and Neb .Home most weekends depending on work load .
Growing Business
Automotive Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 15, 2017
Very good company and comfortable work environment. The perfect sector for Automotive Technicians to make good money while not getting their hands dirty. Less physical demand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASTECH. Our community is ready to answer.