Astellas Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

PCP Neuro Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 22, 2018
Calling on PCP's

Effective selling skills

Management was great

Culture was the best I have ever worked at

Large territory

The culture was amazing and everyone was helpful and worked together
Great
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILApril 16, 2018
Great place to learn and grow! I had the chance to work on the mobility team in IS and I enjoyed it very much. Peopel here are happy and excited to work with talented individuals
Competetive and rewarding working environment
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 27, 2018
A typical day would include starting off early with pre-call planning for the day ahead. Normally you would see about 10 physicians per day and conclude your day with notes on the calls you made and follow-up plans for the next visit.
Pros
Half day Fridays
Cons
Long work hours
Global Company
Technical Lead, Business Security Strategy Design (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 11, 2018
Very good company to work for, opportunity to go into different areas of Validation and Global Teams. Looked for expertise in each site that was acquired.
Pros
People care about patient safety
Cons
No room to move up at site level
Great company to work for
Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 31, 2018
Astellas is a great company to work for. However, there is very little room for advancement because many of the representatives within the field remain in their position which does not allow for advancement. This does not apply for those who are willing to relocate and at this time I am unable to do so.
This company really stands behind their commitment to their employees.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Norman, okJanuary 24, 2018
This company has great benefits and perks. The opportunities to advance were fair. The management at my location were not up to par but as a subsidary of Astellas, they were known to hide information from headquarters. My location has since closed.
Steady work flow
Editorial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 18, 2018
For the most part, an excellent environment to work in. Initially worked on-site, which was sometimes depressing, as I was in a small room with no windows. But the rest of the facilities were top-notch, and the work was interesting.
Pros
Awesome cafeteria
Cons
Small office with no windows
Great People, Poor pipeline
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 17, 2018
Great co-workers, awesome overall company culture, poor upper management with lack of innovation. I would recommend this company to others. Good place to work.
Good place to work.
Urology/Ob-Gyn Specialty Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 16, 2018
This was a Japanese pharmaceutical company making inroads in the US market place. We launched Vesicare, a drug for overactive bladder. I enjoyed working with the people here.
Pros
Only hired top performers.
Cons
We didn't have a product to sell for a year.
Good corporate culture
Senior Executive Representative II (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 14, 2018
Great corporate culture, but weak hospital division pipeline. Best opportunity is currently in Hematology Division which is currently being built out.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
weak pipeline
Productive worklace and very sophisticated performance driven.
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 12, 2018
Very organized and busy- workload, Worked independently and collaborated with teams as well.

Top down management style- you have to keep up with your calendar events and meetings scheduled. You do as you are told.

Cut Throat and competitive team members who mostly worked in silos- everyone kept to themselves.

Very sophisticated and great workplace environment. Heated bathroom seats- high tech tools to work with,
Pros
Delicious lunches, very sophisticated building and work environment-
Cons
Lunch was too expensive for contractors- they do not get employee discount-
Best Company I have ever worked for
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 6, 2018
Has an amazing training program. Very professional management staff. Only hires the best reps. Was lucky enough to start my pharmaceutical career with them.
Astellas
Senior Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 6, 2017
Many hard working employees within the organization but the culture within the organization and many of the managers within the organization were poorly qualified to manage.
Difficult Area Director
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 27, 2017
Unrealistic goals based on access and need for products by physicians. Very fake atmosphere with coworkers and management. Area Director is a micromanager and almost too hands on with employees...very weird for upper management.
Pros
Easy Products
Cons
Too many to speak of
Productive environment & talented individuals
Product/Sr. Project Manager - Consultant (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILNovember 21, 2017
Had the opportunity of working with talented individuals that were passionate about their work. Company provided good work-life balance with great benefits.
Pros
Healthcare benefits & PTO
Cons
Job stability
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILNovember 14, 2017
I loved working at Astellas. I was on contract there and wish there was a permanent position available but expenditures were reduced and the admin position was dissolved in the group I worked for. It was a well paced day. My efforts were appreciated. I enjoyed the multi-culture of my colleagues (Japanese and Indian) and everyone was extremely nice and professional. GREAT flexability with work hours and a very forward-thinking attitude towards dress code and culture.
Pros
Discounted lunch in cafeteria, On premise Starbucks, Collaborative work environments, Beautiful campus, Flexible work hours, Casual dress code
great work environment, challenging work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 28, 2017
work with users to dissect requirements
analyse requirements and what systems could be used to achieve results
SDLC documentation
Company has great work life balance, advancement and job security is lacking
Pros
1/2 day Fridays
Cons
politics and favorability for consultants vs permanent employees
Productive environment
Global Contracts Outsourcing Lead (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 7, 2017
Company is relaxed, wide variety of food in cafeteria, Starbucks onsite, transparency within the departments. Cafeteria costs are high.High level of teamwork.
Pros
two work from home days
Cons
cafeteria costs are high
Its been to long
Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 3, 2017
Haven't worked here in years. I have no idea. Things were fine back in the day, I was just looking for more. I don't know the products or people any more.
Very chaotic
Manager (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 2, 2017
The organization is very dysfunctional. There is a complete lack of accountability and people just cruise along. It takes forever to get anything done.