AstenJohnson Employee Reviews

Unspecified (Current Employee) –  Clinton, SCMarch 11, 2019
Great place to work with a true team environment. Good management team who seems to care about the employees. I would recommend AstenJohnson to anyone who likes working in a manufacturing facility.
Worked in industry that I retired from
Sales service associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 1, 2019
Enjoyed working on paper machines made a lot of friends in the industry the job I wad doing was about the same as when I worked at union camp mostly troubleshooting machines and making suggestions for change
Pros
Expense account paid for lunch and mileage on my car
Cons
Nothing to report
Work Environment
Corporate Safety and Continuous Improvement Leader (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 21, 2019
Good place to work; most employees are willing to work in a team environment. Easy access to management / senior level executive team. Gave recognition when warranted and timely.
Pros
Management access
Cons
Lead Operator/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GANovember 30, 2018
Great pay, benefits, great people to work with. Work/life balance was great. Great family oriented. Co-workers and I worked so good together we didn't even have a Supervisor.
Excellent Work Environment and People
Maintenance Team Leader (Manager) (Current Employee) –  Clinton, SCNovember 8, 2018
Excellent work force from top to bottom who care about the associates and listen to the needs of the associates. Great work life balance with opportunity to excel in all areas.
As good as it gets
Lead Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GASeptember 5, 2018
Worked for this company for 25 years. Not sure why I have not rated them before now. The management, the culture, the customer focus, the drive to improve, the innovation and their genuine care about their employees is second to none. Leaving was the toughest decision I ever had to make and it was heartbreaking for me and my family. The timing for everything ended up just being awful for me. There is no question that some of the finest people I have met in my 53 years of life reside within this company and I still remember all of them very fondly. I would go back to work there in a heartbeat and with no reservations whatsoever if it could be arranged. If you have an opportunity to work for AstenJohnson, TAKE IT! As with any job we have, our experience there is what we make of it and AstenJohnson is wonderful at allowing you to prosper if you are willing. All it takes is effort.
Pros
Everything about this company is top notch
Innovative
Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCSeptember 5, 2018
Stressful, implementing processes, rough hours, management was poor, layoffs.

My job duties:● Implemented new processes to increase production within the site
● Developed safety policies for preventative measures based upon observations for the plant
Pros
good pay
Cons
not the best benefits
Needle loom operator (Current Employee) –  Clinton, SCJune 12, 2018
There is a click in this establishment and if you're not in it you won't advance. They post jobs but they already know who will get them before they even conduct the interviews. They hire outside people for supervisor positions, that have no knowledge of the niche market we are in. Instead of moving people up that have tons of knowledge of the processes we do. But on the bright side the warehouse employees are nice and friendly.
Pros
Friendly warehouse co-workers
Cons
Health Insurance
Ok place to work
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDMay 5, 2018
Worked for better worked for worse. Been here a long time ready for some new challenges. No hard feelings when I leave. There are some wonderful people that work here and I will miss them.
Benefits
Cons
Long days
Great place to work for - very team based
Customer Solutions Representative (2007) (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 1, 2017
Good group of people to work with. You always saw upper management and they knew you by name. You were never afraid to ask for help. Very big on teams and working together as a whole company for the better.
Pros
You were considered part of the company, not just another employee
Cons
Wished work from home a few days was an option
Understanding their work equals better quality work
Global Product Manager - TAD AND TISSUE GROUP (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 9, 2017
Great People on the floor they want to do the best they can, but they need more training and explanation on what the end result and how it works on the tissue machine. it seemed the more they knew the more they understood the importance of their work.
Unlimited OT
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTJune 26, 2017
Friendly co-workers and great pay, definitely a place I'd work again. An emphasis on safety made me feel like I was never in danger, though there were dangers in the workplace
Pros
Unlimited OT, no structured breaks
Cons
Sometimes no breaks, can be overwhelming
Great place to work.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCMarch 23, 2016
A great group of people and a very well run company. A typical day for me was seeing that any equipment issues were taken care of and daily assignments for all maintenance associates.
Great Job
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GaAugust 3, 2015
First job and loved it, would work for AstenJohnson again but the company moved most of the process I did out of the US. I would like to work for AstenJohnson again in a different capacity.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Closed the location
Great work environment
Production Planning Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCFebruary 10, 2015
Challenging position. Fast-paced. Unfortunately merger required downsizing. Would love to still be there. Great benefits.
Has become a difficult work environment
Applications Manager - Headbox & Formers (Current Employee) –  Rockton, ILOctober 22, 2013
Since Paperchine was purchased 2 years ago by AstenJohnson, the work environment has declined and has become a difficult environment to work in.
Pros
401K match, 100% on 1st 6%
Cons
Workforce reduction to increase profit
Good company. Learned how to weave, and work on looms.
a loom technician in 2008 (Former Employee) –  Clinton S.C.October 19, 2013
I worked 12 hr. days, three days a week. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I worked 36 hrs, but was paid for 40hrs by increase in pay. 12 pm. to 12. am. I learned to weave, and work on looms, when they broke down. Started out as just a weaver, but was quickly trained to become a loom technician. There was 3 workers in my department, including myself. The hardest part of my job was to keep all 5 looms up and running, defect free material. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of producing defect free material, and as much as possible in 12 hrs. Working on looms that were broke down, and getting them back up, and in production.
Quality Assurance & Testing
Needling Inspector (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCMay 19, 2013
Within this role, I learned the importance of quality testing and how it affected the end product our customers received. Very technical role that required a lot of attention to detail.
Global organization with a proactive growth strategy
Quality Manager and Continuous Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  C04May 14, 2013
Enjoyed my 34 years with the organization, including the opportunity to establish a state-of-the-art facility in China
Benefits
Great place to work.
Loom Technician (Former Employee) –  Walterboro, SCAugust 10, 2012
Great Place to work. Company was a first class company that took care of there employees
Pros
great company and could advance through the ranks.
Cons
company was out sourced and moved to china.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AstenJohnson. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight