Aston Carter Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2018
Its a temporary company, I want full time, permanent. But, for a contractor, temp company, I really like Aston Carter, they pay well, and offer moderate health benefits.
They need more communication skills
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 14, 2018
Recruiting staff does not match the employee to the company very well. The employers are pressured to hire employees. Not given a notice before assignment begins or ends.
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
not many job opportunities
Great Management to help you put your skill on the workforce
Human Resources Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CA 92374March 12, 2018
If you are looking to advance and get great advise from educated management this is your opportunity. Don't be afraid to let them know exactly what your looking for and they will work with you.
Pros
great benefits, great carreer advise
Cons
take a while to land your job opportunity
Fast Paced, competitive, work environment
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 27, 2018
The people here are what makes the company. There is a lot of great coaching and mentorship that happens on a team level but you need to be ready for a feedback rich environment. You need to be quick on your feet and ready to change pace at anytime. There are a lot of great incentives for meeting goals but it comes at a price with work/life balance. I would definitely recommend working here but only if you can handle the rush.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
fast paced, work/life balance
Not a good fit for my temporary position
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIFebruary 20, 2018
I was very unhappy with the company I was placed at. We were not allowed to have our cell phones out in view. We couldn't even check them if there was an emergency, and I had 3 kids. I'm not talking personally about Aston Carter, but the company they staffed me at, PBBS. They also would watch the clock and make a comment if you were not logged into your computer before your time started. I clocked in 1 minute late and I was talked to.
Cons
No cell phoine use at all, even break, kept track if you were a min late
Professional Business Environment
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2018
Great place to work. Aston Carter is a privately held company in staffing and recruiting with 1001-5000 employees founded in 1997. Aston Carter's reputation score is 67%, which is good.
Don't work here
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 6, 2018
Long hours, from 7:30 am to at least 5:30 pm or longer.
You start off hourly there at 15 dollars an hour and have to meet your threshold there twice before you hit salary. Not enjoyable. Managers were young. Workplace culture was great. Everything else was not what i imagined when I worked there.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Bad management
Not a trustworthy agency
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAJanuary 23, 2018
AC gives you a lot of double talk and lies about positions they have open. They refuse to give you the facts about job listings and try to distract you with endless chatter about interview techniques. They post one description and salary online and tell you another story when they call you.
Pros
Cons
not to be trusted
Co workers are great
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 19, 2018
There was no work life balance at Aston Carter, starting up a new division was extremely stressful with new managers as well as recruiters. Worked 55+ hours per week.
temp firm
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 12, 2018
Supervisor met with me for lunch on a regular basis and checked in regularly with me. I don't have much more to say about this as it was a contract position.
Do not enjoy
AR/Dispute Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 19, 2017
I have nothing to say. I was interview and hired to do AR work and ended up doing disputes for my duration. I have over 20 years of collection and another 10 in credit. I would like to use my experience.
Nice employer. Paid weekly. Benefits presented were amicable but I already have benefits.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 29, 2017
Disappointed was on a 90 contract with Aston Carter for Hyatt Vacation Properties and received a call at 6:30 PM on a Sunday that the contract was being completed. Advised I did nothing wrong or erred in the performance of my duties but that the workload was caught up.
Pros
Good group to work with at the assigned position
Cons
Limited training. IT issues and limited accessibility to programs to do job
Great Company to Work For
ProCard Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 5, 2017
The job was great. A typical day was not too hard. I think if you want to have a great day at work, you should answer the question "Why do you want to work at all." Commit yourself to a purpose and then fulfill it. Aston Carter helped me find a purpose to work toward. My manager was very flexible with me to help me fulfill a good work-life balance. The hardest part of the job was leaving it to respond as I was needed to move to Kent Ohio with my wife who had been awarded a full ride scholarship to participate in her Graduate Program. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I had good experiences getting to know the people that I worked with.
Pros
Great Matchups
Cons
" perception is reality" , pretentious, catty
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 14, 2017
competitive sales environment in which the process is more focused on rather than the results. They care more about how you look than what you do. Very clique-ish environment. Transparency is claimed but one of the most gossiping work cultures I have had the privilege to work in.
cheap skate company
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 15, 2017
Considering CT scans cost about $3,000 and they want to pay a tech $20 an hour I don't know where they crunch these numbers. It's companies like this that make our talented professionals look shameful this job should pay well over $25 an hour and everyone knows this!
Pros
Extremely low pay
Temporary
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNMarch 30, 2017
Your day would depend on what company you get assigned to.I enjoyed working with the recruiters. They check in with you once a month. Which is great.
I have enjoyed working for Aston Carter.
Pros
great people to work with
all about the mighty dollar
Accounts payable (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAMarch 14, 2017
I was harrassed to try to accept the position immediately, within an hour of an interview. The promise of more money "coming out of their profit". When that didn't work, I was harassed about the hours and flexible. All I simple wanted was an extra day or two to consider my options as I had multiple job offered to consider.
Productive workplace
Business Consultant / Quality Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 7, 2017
Good benefits, good people to work with, good location, hours. Description of job is right on with the jobs they get you. Parking is safe
Aston Carter is a job placement agency
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 20, 2016
Aston Carter places job applicants in high paying contract and direct hire positions. The only con was their health insurance, if your placed on a contract job and need it. I found it did not offer very good coverage, not a problem if you are place in a direct hire position. As a contractor, I was paid weekly.
Pros
great pay
Cons
poor health insurance
Poor - Chesapeake VA branch
Candidate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 16, 2016
They talk a good game, but that's the problem, it's all talk. Wonderful at reaching out initially, but you never get an update or a second communication from them.
Pros
Cons
Lack of quality jobs