Astor Chocolate

Astor Chocolate Employee Reviews

United States14 reviews
The people say that everyone there is part of the Astor Family.
This proves to not be quite true.

I found their handling of the current situation uneducated, cowardly and deceptive.
Never have I ever thought I would’ve been treated with such disrespect, much of which is because I am not a “community member” and because I’m a female. This establishment has pushed all good and talented people out the door. They don’t care about you, as a gentile- they only care about themselves. Religion should not have this much of an effect on a company, it’s disgusting. This place is like a giant cult. Very rude and toxic people, know your worth and don’t waste your time.
Pros
Cons
Poor salary, HR has NO idea what they’re doing and have zero knowledge of an up to date pay scale, No room for growth, Treated like garbage, Very disrespectful, Rude.
This is a family owned company, and they consider the employees to be part of the family. They have regular social events for the employees every year. However, they have a policy whereby they do not give regular performance reviews and raises.
Great company to for. They really care about the employees and were always generous to lend financial help to employees in need. Would highly recommend them to work for.
lugar tranquilo, equipo responsable, gerencias amable
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Everyone here is kind and courteous. The benefits are actually pretty good. Pay on the other hand, is below average by far and not enough to live on. HR does try but just doesn’t have a clear plan for employees career paths in conjunction with their managers. Regular performance reviews and raises are not performed unless you really heckle them. If you are looking for advancement or to be recognized for your good work and dedication, this is not the place for you. Being there for 4 years and a model employee, I just kept watching people get hired from outside over internal employees. The life/work balance is very good. I can’t say it was awful but if you want to move up or make money keep looking.
I worked there thinking I was gonna advance to a better job title. That did not happen. I worked really hard and wanted to learn more to advance to a better position
Pros
good location
Cons
no advancement
Astor is a very big corprate type of company. The owners are heavily involved in the day to day operations of the company. Not a terrible place to work.
connection between upper and lower management, family business that respects opinions, tight nit coworkers, weekends off, plenty of paid holidays, etc. growing company, cares about employees and keeping good workers. availability to transfer or move up
It not a good place to work it terrible management no teamwork does not show worker appreciate doesn't like to pay for work complain about fast work not friendly manager
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No job advancement
friendly coworkers, ability to learn and grow, small privately owned company great for young professionals looking for a start. You can learn a lot in this company
There are many departments within the company. Most temps land in production, but there are various other positions available. Hiring is once a year and there is a union. You may accept the benefit package, and other light perks for working here.
Pros
Job security, great coworkers
Cons
Low pay, and holiday calendar
Astor Chocolate Corp. was a wonderful company to work for. I still would have been there, if they did not relocate to NJ.
On average my work day was filled with taking phone and mail orders, entering payments received into the computer system, typing out envelopes, this was before Microsoft Office, and answering phone calls. I did a lot of filing, and other office related duties.
Pros
free snacks, holiday pay, vacation pay, overtime pay, sick leave, medical insurance...
Astor cares about their employees. Having a work/life balance is very important. The owners of the company are the most down to Earth people I have met.
The typical day was stimulating. The company is a fast growing company and tending to the needs of the company was very satisfying. The creativity of the team and cohesiveness of my workmates made Astor Chocolate an enjoyable place to be. The most satisfying part of the job is seeing your products in forums across the world.