Astoria Place of Barnesville Employee Reviews

Very weird place
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  FloorJune 18, 2019
Wasn’t trained properly then let go because I didn’t do something correctly no one discussed the rules there with me I was hired for a certain position and they kept saying they didn’t know when I was going to start working in that role no one ever discussed any issues with me called me over true phone to terminate me after I worked the weekend for them
Cons
Scheduled breaks for nurses if you get one
Terribly managed
STNA (State Tested Nursing Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Barnesville, OHFebruary 21, 2019
Terrible management, poor treatment of employees. No appreciation to staff. Favoritism. Not understanding to personal issues. Treated without respect.
Negative
Staff (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, OHFebruary 6, 2019
Under managed like a bunch of high school kids .Have certain people who are permitted special benefits not afforded to everyone.Much drama,understaffed,overworked.No pay raise for older employees .Floor staff try to take care of residents with what little they are allotted to work with.Staff has had to buy supplies for residents.would not take my family there.No team work only if the pets are working then everyone expected to help select few.Food is horrible and cold on most occasion and limited at time due to out of stock.This can all be verified if talk to staff and residents.
Pros
Cons
Numwrous
Great work environment
Housekeeper and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, OHDecember 16, 2018
I enjoyed working with all of the employees there. I always felt like I was part of their work family. From what I've seen the staff there worked fantastic. They all took care of the residents needs when they needed something.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Not enough hours
Stressful work place
Housekeeping Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, OHDecember 29, 2017
Stressful work place, tons of commotion constantly, very understaffed(more residents to take care for than aides can keep up with, poor work ethic, poor management and directors. Poor scheduling and dispersal of new schedules are delayed and are given it at the last minute.
Pros
Good friends that are fun to be around, great nurses. Clean nursing hoe
Cons
No help from directors, poor food for the residents, not enough activities for all residents to enjoy
Loved the girls that I worked with. My boss was awesome.
Housekeeper/ laundry (Former Employee) –  BarnesvilleMarch 1, 2017
Housekeeping is a good job. There needs to be a better atmosphere there. It made you feel sad. You need to be able to tend to the residents needs and not be rushed. I felt rushed. Like I couldn't do my job well enough.
Pros
The residents
Cons
More time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Astoria Place of Barnesville. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3