AstraZeneca Employee Reviews

Found 776 reviews matching the search See all 1,560 reviews
Productive great place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 21, 2019
great company, starting to grow again. Have been here for many years, just ready for a change in general. but would recommend to everyone, Global roles are the best.
Pros
Gym on site
Nice place to work
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 19, 2019
When I first started it was a great place to work over the years things declined. Business got slower. Occupied 8 buildings in Wilmington alone. When I left they were down to 2.
Astra Zeneca was a blockbuster company with amazing drugs that gave me the opportunity to exceed my goals.
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 18, 2019
AstraZeneca is one of the world’s most exciting bio-pharmaceutical companies. From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, AZ is on a mission to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that improve patients’ lives and benefit society.
Innovative Evolving Company
Sr. Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 12, 2019
In my current role, I drive sales for AstraZeneca Inhaled Respiratory medicines.
What I learned is that are a science company and I drive that daily in my conversations with my accounts. Our medicines make an impact in patient health and via our managed care strategy we are able to support 9 out of 10 patients.
I am driven to be that company liaison/representative with each interaction with my HCPs. Considering I have been with AZ in various roles across Field and HQ, I have been to experience our services and offerings from inception of design to the customer deliverable,
Pros
Great Medicines, Great Culture, Challenging
Cons
Industry is never certain, Constant Change
I had a wonderful career until I decided to retire
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 12, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed my career at this company. I worked hard and enjoyed the benefits. I loved helping people and educating doctors and staff and Making decisions on my own. I would recommend this company to anybody thinking of entering the pharmaceutical arena.
Great people, lots of training opportunities, fast-paced startup
Production Technician I (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 11, 2019
AstraZeneca's Boulder manufacturing site provided the opportunity to work with many different functions to accomplish a common goal. Day to day activities ranged from commissioning, qualification, and validation activities to GMP production. The hardest part of the job was being able to multitask and shift priorities very quickly.
Good place to start
Biotechnology Production Scientist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 5, 2019
First job out of college, good to have on resume. Questionable leadership and pretty low compensation . Culture can be somewhat toxic but the ability to serve patients is a blessing
Stuck...
Respiratory Specialty Sales (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 5, 2019
Culture was one of self promotion and backstabbing. Promotions not based on ones abilities. Ever since GSK execs moved in the culture has taken a dive. AZ used to be a great place to work for.
Pros
Made friends....
Cons
Backstabbing selfpromoting culture
Team Work
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 5, 2019
I have a very good team and we all work together. I have learned a lot from my team, Busy work but enjoyable. Things are always changing and you need to be proactive with these changes.
Pros
Cons
Downsizing a lot
Great Work Life balance/Low Career Advancement
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 2, 2019
I've enjoyed working at AZ, unfortunately due to the recent culture of promoting individuals with experience. I've reached a plateau when it comes to career advancement.
Pros
Work Life balance
Cons
Career Advancement
Busy, Stressful
LEAD MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 31, 2019
The direct managers at the site were great. Management off site made decisions that were terrible and not effectively communicated to staff. Enjoyed working with the people at the site.
Great company, great manager
Diabetes Senior Territory Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 18, 2019
Daily persuasive selling to physicians and office staff regarding medications. Constant interaction with physicians and staff both on a professional and personal level. What I have learned in over 25 years of being a pharmaceutical representative is that rapport building is the best sales tool you can have. Management is constantly shifting and or leaving. The culture is that to be successful and work both hard and smart but not to forget time with family. The hardest part of the job is dealing with formulary inclusions (or not) for medications for both commercial and medicare patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is the daily interactions I have with the doctors and the staff, like many other phrama reps I have become close friends with some of my physicians.
team environment
Package Operator (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 18, 2019
AstraZeneca is a friendly environment don't be afraid to ask questions kind of place. Everyone was for the most part were insightful about job information
Seems like a great place until you turn back the curtain
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 16, 2019
Lots of things to do, but no time to enjoy. WAAAAAY too many meetings, too much work, but the pay and bonuses are good. there are hundreds of people engaged in employee support, but the company is too big, too many issues still integrating AZ with Medi...the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
Pros
Lots of employee engagement/social activites
Cons
Too much work
Great company
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 16, 2019
Great products. Great leaders. Nice to work in a pod if you have a good cohesive team. Good work life balance. Opportunities to move up the career ladder with performance.
great job
MFG (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 15, 2019
Meetings and running product I learned a lot about SAP Weigh and Dispense and Team work Management was great worked with a lot of great people. Hardest part of this job is having to leave do to shut down. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting everyone and being able to advance.
Culture comes in waves
Specialty Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 9, 2019
I've had some fun times working for AstraZeneca. The company culture does shift depending on the leadership, which is expected. Outside sales is getting tougher due to unrealistic expectations. Unfortunately, the medical environment is not what it use to be and the company is not recognizing this.
Pros
Learn a lot about Medical sales
Cons
too many cutbacks and layoffs
Interactions with bright minds, lots of corporate rules, many only want to look good
US Medical Affairs Field Team -Scientific Liaison (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 7, 2019
upper leadership very prone to only hearing or knowing about your personal performance from direct line manager. Which means you either have a great relationship or you do not. This can be positive or highly detrimental to your career within the company and will determine success or failure. Lots of corporate change in terms of added duties and metrics which require adapting, putting down projects to prioritize activities as leadership sees fit.

Large company does not have a set way for those in certain roles to grow within. Big discrepancy of pay between those performing similar job functions.

Poor leadership, most afraid to speak up or, say what they mean, huge layoff of medical affairs 2016, many only care about their own image or success, few willing to mentor others unless seen as a positive for image within role, biased leadership styles among direct line manager in medical affairs, lots of preferentialism, specific line managers need more leadership, be more inspiring and less authoritarian, policy very open to interpretation by upper managers and can be misleading and interpreted either way causing issues within compliance that could have been avoided many times. Policy easily manipulated to reflect negatively but not clear in many aspects. Can be used against anyone.
Pros
company car, benefits, vacation time, life work flexibility, interactions with influential community leaders in national congresses
Cons
poor leadership, most afraid to speak up or, say what they mean, huge layoff of medical affairs 2016, compete to be visible, many only care about their own image or success, few willing to mentor others unless seen as a positive for image within role, biased leadership styles among direct line manager in medical affairs, policy very open to interpretation by upper managers and can be misleading and interpreted
Very productive
Process Machanic III (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 3, 2019
My job at AstraZeneca is very competitive, and very high tech. The facility at Fredrick Md, is state of the art in the pharmaceutical industry. My responsibility at AstraZeneca tought me a lot.
Pros
High marks for a great place to grow and development.
Senior Communications Consultant (Current Employee) –  US HG Wilmington DE and Gaithersburg MDJanuary 2, 2019
My experience with AZ is clearly presented in the high rating I gave above.

My experience was it was a great place to work with much opportunity for career growth and development and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for gainful employment and who met requirements for the position.

They expect much from their employees but also compensate accordingly.
Pros
opportunities for growth and development; global experience and perspective
Cons
managing work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AstraZeneca. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

64%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

89%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss