AstraZeneca
70Average
Here to help: Coronavirus update

AstraZeneca Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA69 reviews
Culture is compassionate about putting Customer Safety and Satisfaction above all else.
Challenging and fulfilling place to work. Love the supportive people. Teamwork attitude. Good work life versus personal life balance. I hope to work at AstraZeneca again in the future.
Pros
The people are great!
Cons
3-year limit on contract employees.
AstraZeneca
Great place to work, innovative, science driven. A lot of organizational changes but opportunities for advancement. Strong leadership and good pipeline
Nice colleagues and decent work/life balance
Managers typically don’t require you to be there at certain hours as long as you get your work done. People are generally nice to each other, although the higher you go, the more politics you will see. Compensation is adequate.
Fun place & Flexible with your schedule
It has a game room, a pool table, and a free gym. When I get to work I check my emails and reply and attend any meetings if any that day and do any other work that needs to get done. Then leave to pick up my kids. When I get home I get online to do more work. As long as you get your work done and you know your work your manager doesn't micromanage. It is very diverse which is great. I am still getting used to the open space. What makes the open space enjoyable is when you are next to two great co-workers. Being that I have kids they are very flexible with my work hours I am able to work from home after I pick up my kids. There is not a set time as when you have to be into work which is great. My manager is great to work with. The hardest part of the job for me is speaking in a group setting or just attending group meetings being that I am an introvert. What I have learned about being at this job is to always be ready for changes and willing to accept the change.
high growth
From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, we're on a mission to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that improve patients' lives and benefit society. We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Productive and fun place to work
My company supports me 100% in regards to my career development. I have taken numerous classes after work hours to ensure that I am performing my daily task to peak efficiency
Pros
Discounted lunches
Good place
Good people and god work environment. Working to help the patients and their mr family members gain a better understanding of how the medications they are taking will help them improve their own quality of life.
Workplace filled with lot of smart people
Helping advance the pipeline, managing stakeholders, suppliers and colleagues
Colleagues who encourage and motivate

Great benefits, work life balance
Great Company, Lots of Changes
Nothing bad to say about AstraZeneca besides the inevitable headaches that come with reorg. I didn't particularly love my manager, but overall, great company to work for.
Productive and fun workplace
Excellent environment to work in. Felt that innovation and education were highly valued and encouraged here. Overall an excellent experience and learned the most here.
Productive and fun place to work
I came in as a seasoned EA professional. The team was great. The values were high. I was honored and respected for my work. I would highly recommend Astrazeneca as a great place to work.
Great company. Good work balance.
Great company. Good work culture. Friendly and supportive colleagues.
Occasional activities
The typical work day at AstraZeneca was daily faxes, dat entry, creating cases for researchers to begin benefit cases for patients to start medication. What i learned in this field and at this job is that accuracy and punctuality is very important. The time that we get the faxes and create the cases for the researcher was very important because the patients need their medicines on time to better their health. Management was not up to par. I believe i was judged and not taken seriously at my place of employment at the time. I believe my manager and supervisor did not care for me. The work place environment was very diverse. The hardest part of the job was working extra hours and going above and beyond to get hired for the permanent position and not getting the position. I met a lot of people who helped expand my experience and knowledge as well as demonstrating my knowledge on the companies product.
Large, Impersonal Company
Some great teams within the company. Overall, however, loyalty to employees is lacking. Lots of changes currently happening and significant feelings of instability amongst employees.
Great place to work until it's not
Having worked for other "Best Places to Work" prior to coming to work for AZ, I was completely smitten with the company when I first started. The culture was great, the work was interesting, very forward thinking and wonderful team environment. Job security is non-existent and reorganization happens far too frequently. They treat you like gold, until you are yesterdays news. There is little empathy for countless employees who lose their jobs, some of whom have worked for the company for many years, some of whom have relocated for these positions, some of whom have moved their families cross country or even across the globe. All the wonderful perks to working here can not compensate for the constant reorg and lack of job security.
Pros
Eco-friendly, work-life balance, compensation
Cons
No job security at all, Upper management is out of touch.
Team effort
I enjoy work with AstraZeneca/MedImmune, everyone is helpful and relaxed enviroment. I haven't found anything I haven't like about the company. Only thing i am upset at that i am a contractor and my position will end at the end of the year.
Pros
Parking, in house cafe, relax area..etc.
Cons
N/a
Amazing place to work when you have pharma experience. The people care about you, despite your level. You feel challenged and respected and part of a larger team. Definitely an opportunity to move up and prove yourself if you do not have a Ph.D.
Horrible place to work
The Gaithersburg office is a terrible place to work! All of the management is from Covance, therefore, if you don’t have Covance on your resume, you will not receive a full time position.
The culture there is horrible and they scare the contractors into doing all of the work while the full time employees walk around and mingle all day.

Every week, they change the rules and regulations in regards to their expectations and unfortunately the message isn’t received across the board when it comes to quality.

They used contractors to have a good turn around time for their re-verification season and then fired all of them.

They hired a bunch of full time employees instead of converting the contractors that they had who had been contracting for years!

The place place is a mess and I hated everything about it for the little time that I was there.
Pros
Option of having a 30 minute or an hour lunch
Cons
Culture, management, forcing unrealistic deadlines, lack of diversity in regards to previous employment history, change of guidelines every week, very biased management
Productive fast-paced environment
A typical day at AZ was very fast-paced but productive. I felt like I was contributing to the overall goals of the company. I was there for over 20 years and saw the company go through a lot of changes. In fact, I enjoyed the job so much I would still be there today except my position was moved to Wilmington DE.
Stressful
They stated the needed temps for 1 year or more. However, management termed all contracts after the re-verification season was over. They just used people to for their knowledge and then let them go. WORST COMPANY AND MANAGMENET ACCESS360
Great
Great place to work fun innovative patient first science focused technology driven. Great outlook in future medicine keeping patients first and innovative with technological advancement
Ask a question about working or interviewing at AstraZeneca. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight