AstraZeneca Employee Reviews

Found 708 reviews matching the search See all 1,444 reviews
break room sucks; career advancement may be difficult
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 19, 2018
only coffee and tea is free you have to pay for everything else.
career advancement may be difficult because only few spots are advertised. they are ALWAYS finding ways to cut down salary
Management didn't care
data entry every week (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 11, 2018
I worked as a contractor and the management only wanted numbers with no work in the system. The right hand didn't care what the left hand was doing.
Pros
working from home during the snow day
Cons
Low numbers managers not getting reason why
A good place to start a career but be prepared for challenges & change
Commercial Operations Leader (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 11, 2018
AstraZeneca is a quality company and the best part may be the caliber of people in the organization. The past several years have been marked by ongoing transformation, which has left a mark on every employee - for better or worse.
Pros
People, challenging work, good work environment
Cons
questionable job security, global leaders not always in touch with local markets
For those who love education
Packaging Technician, Bulk Prep Technician (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 11, 2018
This job rewards critical thinking and involves employees in the amendment process. Meeting and overviews are frequently and there are plenty of opportunities to advance rather quickly. Overtime is frequently available.
Company with strong pipeline. Sales goal driven
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  State College, PASeptember 10, 2018
Its been 18 years since I worked here. Not time relevant. My memory is that sales goals were followed and sales people were rewarded for exceeding them.
Pros
Strong sales culture
Cons
Smaller bonuses
Unrealistic expectations
Hospital Pharmaceutical Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 2, 2018
This is a sales role but effectiveness of role diminished over time. Sales goals were determined by antiquated prescribing systems and marketing teams and not based in reality of actual impact of sales team. And, customers began to limit access. The benefit that the industry once provided was eliminated and sales people were reduced to living tv commercials.
Good Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 31, 2018
AstraZeneca is an excellent company with a very good pipeline. Problems can arise because it is big pharma and you can become lost in the shuffle if you are not use to that environment.
productive
MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2018
Good place to work, depending on the day it can be fast paced or it can be a relaxed environment. They have good management and you'll receive training in everything you do to prepare you for your daily task.
Worked front desk
Fitness Center Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDAugust 23, 2018
Checked people into a small gym cleaned equipment, took towels to laundry room. Made sure people were safe and using the equipment properly. Never had any issues.
Pigeonholed
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2018
Top sales reps dont get promoted they get realigned to another territory or get phazed out. Make good money but your capped and then after that you get capped

Want to know more about AstraZeneca?

Ask a question
Really nice and helpful people to work with
QA Technologist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 12, 2018
Good culture and everyone is very helpful. The pay is decent for someone just starting out, but for the seasonal workers they should have started us earlier in the season.
Poor Management and Training
Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 6, 2018
Communication and development from management is poor or non-existent. Upper management in procurement was unorganized and confusing of explaining what was expected which often led to employee's repeating efforts daily. The employee's were friendly and helpful when approached.
Pros
Co-workers were friendly
Cons
New employess were left to themselves, management was conflicted on what my positions responsiblties
was a great start
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAAugust 6, 2018
big pharma culture and constantly changing. great maternity benefits and company largely grown since my experience so unable to comment on recent changes.
Pros
stable company
Cons
big pharma
i have nothing to say
ITIL Problem and Incident Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 5, 2018
I believe i was unfairly released from my role based on politics so i would rather not give a review
that being said, the people i worked with were great
Strongly working place to recommend.
Senior Associate Scientist, May (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 26, 2018
AZ is a nice place to work at. Specially it is my first job, and I gained and accumulated my working experience from AZ. And AZ is a very good starting point for my career.
Great place to work and co-workers
Endocrinology Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 25, 2018
I appreciated the manager I worked under very much. He appropriately filtered communications to the field. I worked collaboratively with my teammates
it was a good place to work and now I am looking for part-time work
Administrative Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 22, 2018
it was a good place to work and now I am looking for part-time work in working with people - not necessarily corporate

advancement opportunities for women
AstraZeneca is constantly changing.
Director (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 17, 2018
I worked there for several years and enjoyed it. There are management and leadership changes at least twice a year. There is room for growth. I would recommend AZ.
Great Company no upward mobility
QC Analyst-Analytical Chemistry/Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INJuly 12, 2018
This is a very stable place to work, and people are professional all the time. Lots of corporation and big business events. I learned a lot but there is zero upward mobility
Pros
Great retirement
Cons
No upward mobility
Employee oriented and patient focused company
Executive Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 10, 2018
Patient focused corporation that has a diverse culture and follows the science of medical needs. Management values employee feedback and continuously tries to make adjustments and improvements to make our work most efficient.

The most difficult part of the job is frustration with things we cannot control, i.e. insurance coverage. The company does its best to offer coupons and vouchers to help patients get the medicines most appropriate for their disease state.
Pros
Relationship building, helping patients
Cons
Insurance coverage roadblocks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AstraZeneca. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight