Astreya Employee Reviews

YouTube HQ Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAFebruary 28, 2019
To be transparent the company had a lack of leadership and the scope of work that I provided was not reasonably compensated. I would recommend this position as a temp job but nothing along the lines of career advancement.
Astreya Cares
Network Operations Engineer - TCC (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 14, 2018
I feel that the new CEO really cares for Atreya's employees. The thing that really creates a high turn over in the company is the lack of PTO/Sick time. This was a problem for several good employees that have moved on. Direct support was always available for all needs.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Training, Management
Cons
Lack of paid time off, Job security
Good entry level position
Lead AV / Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJuly 23, 2018
Environment is nice as you mainly work for large companies (i.e. Alphabet companies). The work flow is decent but can and will spike often. Policies are constantly changing on a weekly basis so what you know today could be obsolete tomorrow. The company and your host company will bait you to work hard with job advancement that either doesn't work out or string you along until you are irrelevant to the position. Management for what ever reason has high turn around. I've had 3 different managers come and go within the past year. Expectations are not always aligned properly as one man sites are expected to run as efficiently as large group sites even if the ratio is 1 technician per 600+ Users. While doing your daily tasks you are expected to care for emergencies, weekly, and monthly tasks while keeping track of all your accessories and assets. These are just the basis, there are a lot of other variables but those are the core ones. It's a lot of work for really low pay, definitely below industry standards. The only thing that makes up for all of this are the perks, but even that only last for a short time.
Pros
Perks, Users are friendly, good learning platform.
Cons
large work load with many scopes integrated in, low pay, entitled users
Switch and bait
Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2016
Worst company I have ever worked for!
No room for advancement after being told during interview process there is tons of room to grow. Rules change constantly and the and changes aren't updated immediately until a new rule has been broken without knowledge.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No compensation
Horrible management both at Astreya & Google
Anon (Former Employee) –  Mountain View,CASeptember 26, 2015
Poor management both on the Google side lots of politics. J&A will shut you down. Your still treated like a temp Astreya benefits suck. Mundane work that they try and glamorize to keep you there. You'll be a contractor for ever if choose.
Pros
free food and thats it
Cons
very poor management on the Astreya and Google side
Great Company
... (Current Employee) –  santa clara, caJune 29, 2015
A challenging but fun and rewarding experience. I feel connected to the company and management. They listen to employees and are driving everything in the right direction.
Working at Google was a great experience, happy for the opportunity
Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 4, 2015
This job was a lot of fun and a unique experience. Lots of people dream of working at Google, so I took this opportunity as soon as I saw it. I worked in the San Francisco office as opposed to the main Google campus in Mountain View. I had a lot of fun in San Francisco and met a lot of cool people. Some of my co-workers were really cool people whom I still talk to and meet up with occasionally. Others were fairly incompetent and eventually made me hate going in on some days. One part of my particular job was that I had to come in early, before most of the other employees, in order to inspect and fix conference rooms. The most enjoyable part of working for Astreya was the cool people I met and hanging out with them at the Google office. The hardest part was dealing with the monotonous day-to-day schedule, which became grueling and plain not fun.
Pros
work at Google, free lunch, cool music room, in san francisco
Cons
no vacation time, poor management for the level I was at, had to go in early