ASUREA Insurance Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Place to work
Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 27, 2018
The culture is great, the people are great and Asurea provides its agents with plenty of opportunity for success! I really appreciate how helpful the manager is, always will to give advice and help in any way!
Well designed support system
Registered Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 16, 2018
There is access to most products the industry has to offer. There is a well thought out system to follow. Many people are looking for quotes. There is an education gap that needs to be overcome. The script has good psychology to do so.
Pros
Systems work
Cons
health benefits are offered through a lower commission bracet
I Believe in Our Product
Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 13, 2018
I am a professional life insurance salesman. I tried other companies before Asurea, but the other company's high-pressure tactics just wasn't for me.

I am a very honest person, and what Asurea offers the potential client always makes me feel good about working here.

The work environment is happy and supportive, sometimes make me feel like it's a family.

OH, and because I am serious about my work and results, I am earning more than with the other companies.
Pros
Excellent management and top training and top money
Cons
Tried hard to think of a "con", but Asurea is the best company that I've evr worked for
Good Place to Start
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 7, 2018
Asurea is a good place to start your career for office work. They have multiple positions in the corporate office from data entry to phones.

They specialize in insurance sales, so if you are good at selling, they are probably a good fit for you.
Pros
bagels on Birthdays, potlucks, company picnic
Cons
Things can be a little confusing sometimes with processes changing.
Great Commission
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 12, 2018
Great Commission. Easy to access help if you need to do so. Great incentive programs. Easy to access training videos and conference calls. Nice people who want you to do well.
Licensed Life Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Great company structure, fun work environment, excellent management and overall the best place to be a life agent. I highly recommend Asurea if you are looking to be a life agent.
a very open and fun atmosphere
Life Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2018
working for Asurea is aught me a lot, it was a start up coming just coming to charlotte when I was hired, its a very friendly atmosphere the, the company is based out of California the staff there is very helpful caring. what I love about it I had just gotten my license a they took a chance on me, hands down the training is A one
Pros
free training, free trips to all oveer the world
Cons
no free lead program
Middle management terrible
Sales (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 26, 2017
Middle management has zero flexibility and only cares about themselves. If you are working on things that help clients, if not beneficial to middle management, they could care less
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2017
Great place to work Compensation/Benefits Job Security/Advancement Management Job Culture is very great. I would recommend this job to everyone.I have nothing negative to say.
Balanced and Competitive Work Life
Licensed Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2017
Although the base salary is enough to "get you by" if you have a slow month of sales, the company really tries to train and grow its employees from the ground up. My manager is very easy to train with and always has a positive way of looking at things.
Don't work here.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 15, 2017
Unless you are in with certain individuals you will not enjoy working here. There is too much work politics, and many backstab and make up stories in order to further their personal agenda.
Pros
Cons
To much office Politics and Backstabbing
Great Place to work!
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 18, 2016
I love working at Asurea. We have a great culture and fun team! I hear other people saying this all the time as well. The management team is always trying to plan fun events and training classes. If you want to feel valued and enjoy coming to work, apply here!
Good company
Communications/ Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 18, 2016
The company felt like family every day. Great leadership in Pope really changing the insurance game. Very casual work place felt like home with friends and family.
Nice people to work with
Policy Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 7, 2015
Asurea is a nice place to work especially because there are nice people. I learned everyone's name right away because I started off as the receptionist there.I am a people person and I always enjoyed the interaction with new faces. My co workers were awesome! A hard day would be agents calling in that were upset or clients calling that were upset with the agent but rarely did I experience this. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know our policy holders and helping them resolve any issues they may have had with their policy and help keep them from lapsing. They were very gracious to me for assisting them.
Pros
The employees and the culture is the best!
Cons
No reviews, raises, bonuses, benefits are costly, low wages
Fun Place to work
New Business Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CaApril 18, 2015
Its a easy going work environment. My co worker are very friendly and they are easy to work with. The only that i would say is a negative is that they dont pay well for the work that they require you to do.
Pros
easy going environment
Cons
doesnt pay well
I run leads fully everyday of the week working out of my house.
insurance broker (Current Employee) –  Bennington, VTFebruary 17, 2014
Everyday starts out with some phone calls to schedule more appointments for the week. Then I execute any appointments I have made for that day. I have learned how to be very organized and how to manage my time wisely. I don't necessarily have any co-workers that I work with. The hardest part of my job is making sure I always have a constant flow of leads to stay busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility I have.
People-oriented work culture
Director of Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 24, 2013
I enjoy going to work every day. We have a great camaraderie with each other. We work as a unit. Management keeps us informed of any changes in the company and meets with us one on one to help us achieve our goals. The most important thing that I have learned working for Asurea is that we provide dignity and "peace of mind" with products that we sell to our clients.
Pros
ability to self direct, flexible work hours, laid back environment
Cons
corporate bureaucracy
Fun company culture and a great place to learn and advance
Talent Acquisition Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 22, 2013
Work hard, play hard! You get out of this job as much as you put into it. I enjoy coming to work everyday because I enjoy the people I work with. The Talent Acquisition Department manages the nationwide recruiting for all of our sales offices, making sure to find the right talent for our company culture. Managment is transparent and engaged with their employees and are always willing to listen to any suggestion that is made. No day is the same here at Asurea, which makes working here even more interesting!
Pros
Sometimes provide breakfast/lunch, fun and productive environment, occasional happy hours, great management
Cons
Employees have to pay for part of their health benefits
Growing company with good people doing good work!
Agency Director (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 22, 2013
I've worked at ASUREA for almost 13 years. I started answering phones learning the "ropes" of the company and industry and enjoyed it very much. Through lots of hard work I moved up and around through the company to my current Agency Director position.

ASUREA has provided me ample opportunity and rewards for the quality or work and dedication I have given, which has always been very important to me.

We pride ourselves on a few simple things.

1. Enjoy and be great at your job
2. Enjoy the people you work with
3. Earn a great living

The only reason I didn't give 5 stars to Job Security / Advancement, Management, Work / Life Balance were for a few reasons:

ASUREA is a growing company in a industry that is changing insanely fast. There aren't "cush" jobs that offer security to folks just looking for a paycheck. It's just not a part of our people or culture so the company isn't for everyone.

I do think our company can improve upon management as we rely on our self motivated people to do their job...that *might* be my only critique but that is a stretch and not necessarily a bad thing.

I rated Work Life / Balance 4/5 because our hours at time can be unpredictable given the company and industry. I work a lot of hours by choice and out of motivation to my company and responsibilities, so personally my balance isn't there. However, it's all relative and for good reason as it affords my family many great things in return now and in the future.

Overall, I love this company and it's people and am fired up for what we are going to accomplish over the
  more... next 5 to 10 years!  less
Pros
culture, fun work environment, great people, compensation, many opportunities for growth and advancement!
Cons
work hours can be long or different at times, lots of change might not be for everyone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASUREA Insurance Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight