Asurion Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,688 reviews matching the search See all 1,795 reviews
Productive and Fun place to work.
Work-At-Home Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2018
Asurion is a great place to work when it comes to learning different things about phones and other smart devices, management was always changing which made it sometimes unstable, also things change 24/7 which you have to expect for a call center.
Pros
Upbeat Environment, fun.
Cons
Always changing.
Great company to work for.
Tech Coach (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2018
After training was completed we were put on the floor with our new managers. They have bid shifts so within a couple of months we were getting new shifts and managers. All managers that I worked with including upper management were great to work with and listened to any concerns you might have. I would recommend Asurion even though I was there for less than a year. They understood why I had to leave my position and wished me luck as I needed to relocate back to Illinois.
Pros
Great Management and perks
tier 1 verifications
asg tier 1 instant verification specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 18, 2018
my day started by logging into all applications i'd be working with . accessing customer accounts to make sure affidavit's are filled out correctly and id is submitted. checking to see if legible. one thing i leard i was able to transition into learning different aspects of the job. and working different accounts and adapting to change. management is sometimes supportive with providing you with the necessary tools to succeed. .i am a work at home agent. but i have work in office for at least 6 years before going home to work. the hardest part of the asurion job is speed, and getting use to a shift bid every six months. the most enjoyable part of asurion is be able to work from home. and no have to get out in the winter . or to fight traffic.
Pros
working at home, being able to advance and learn many acct's
Cons
the time in seconds you have to work an acct. less than min 2 min's shift bid every 6 months, risking a loss in pay if your stats are below goal.
Bad communication and hard to get hired even though they already said you're qualified
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 18, 2018
I applied to Asurion and was accepted and I was told to do a drug screen and background check, I passed the background check and due to family stuff I could not make the drug screen times they gave me so I asked them for another chance and they just straight up told me no and they weren't very clear or communicative on the whole drug screen thing and overall it was a bad experience applying there. I would not recommend anyone to apply there. sounds like there's a lot of management issues within the company after reading some other reviews.
Cons
Bad management
Would not recommend
Tech Support Expert (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2018
People that you work with are very nice. Hours of training are not flexible. Managers are very avoiding and rarely keep workers in the loop of what is going on.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
work hours are not flexible
July 18, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We act like owners with a sense of urgency and willingness to roll up our sleeves, taking accountability to drive results. We've alerted our leadership to your feedback.

Had fun activities
Customer Care Representative Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 16, 2018
Had some fun activities, great pay and benefits but not worth the stress from supervisors and the constant change of work hours. Having to bid your schedule every 6 months is not okay for a family that has to schedule things in there lives
July 18, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We act like owners with a sense of urgency and willingness to roll up our sleeves, taking accountability to drive results. We've alerted our leadership to your feedback.

I loved the call center. It was fun to get up and go to work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 16, 2018
taking calls from customers for the AT&T department. The atmosphere was great. Everyone was fun. My supervisor was amazing, Jessica Petty. Being able to calm a customer down when they are not happy. I only left to get back into Title.
Bad culture, bad leadership
Director (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 15, 2018
This company is chaotic, has bad leadership, and very little direction. Stay away. The money is good, the environment isn't worth it. Everything good about business is ignored on purpose.
July 16, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We are driven by divine discontent and strive to innovate rapidly to solve big problems for our customers. We're sorry to hear about your experience and have alerted our leadership to your feedback.

Well Rounded Workplace
Care Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 14, 2018
The call center has a great balance of personalities. From time to time there are Zumba classes held for anyone whom wants to take part. Also there are activities given to keep the morale high.
Pros
Get free tickets to company sponsored events
Cons
Dont like additional hours added to work days after the hoilday.
My work at home position
Claims Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 12, 2018
I learned alot with this company. I learned that nothing is impossible, the hardest part of my job was to make sure I stayed either number 1 or number 2 for my shift bids and monthly bonuses.
relaxed workplace
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJuly 11, 2018
many calls to take and different roles to do. Learned about phone insurance and claims. Management was kind and understanding. Great environment and good people overall.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
tasks changed too much
July 16, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We strive to act like owners with a sense of urgency and willingness to roll up our sleeves. We're sorry to hear about your experience and have alerted our leadership to your feedback.

review sum
Customer Service Rep / tech (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNJuly 11, 2018
FAST PACED , FAST LEARNING ,, ALL THE TOOLS YOU NEED ARE THERE very fun , rewards are always given and recongntion, paid time off as well , would go back in a jiffy , great insurance plans, it was a great expierence , learned a lot .
Pros
free lunch, always a theme going on
nothing
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJuly 10, 2018
i have nothing to say about the company. it was good while it was good and then terrible as tide changed. overall, swim at your risk. that is all i have.
It'll wear you down eventually
Customer Care Representative (CCR) / Mobile Care (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 10, 2018
After the first year, when the honeymoon period has fully worn off, it gets stressful. The workload has gradually been increasing over the years. It's not uncommon to be taking calls back-to-back for 4 hours straight until your lunch break. When I started there was a lot more downtime in between calls and that gives you a minute to breath and collect yourself before the next call. Part of the reason the workload is increasing is staff shortages. To save money, they offer Voluntary Time Off most of the time to whoever wants it. That's great sometimes, but they offer too much and the people left working have to bear that extra weight. Honestly, after about 16 months, the only thing that kept me there was my boss and coworkers. I really liked the people I worked with and I got along really well with my supervisors. The job itself really isn't bad at first and the training is paid, so I'd recommend trying it out if to anyone who thinks they might be interested.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Workload
July 13, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We have a passion for realizing our full potential through learning, innovation and continuous improvement. We've alerted our leadership to your feedback.

Avoid Operations - look for teams behind the scenes
Coach, Operations (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 8, 2018
Asurion's best opportunities lie with their back end (non customer facing teams).

Operations is much more stressful, and compensated less fairly than other teams. Operations (Care) advancement opportunities are limited to lower level positions.

All Asurion advancement opportunities are awarded based on safe picks (either know the people you plan to work for well, or already have significant experience within the job).
July 9, 2018

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We value team success and strive to create a rewarding and collaborative work environment where each employee can maximize their talents and contributions. We've alerted our leadership to your feedback.

Asurion
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJuly 4, 2018
It is a great place to work but it can be stressful at times which comes with any job. The people there are great easy to make friends and get alone with coworkers. The managers are awesome very nice and really understanding if any happens to you that prevents you from working, but doesn't mean they can be mean and make you work. I would definitely recommend this job to other people.
Pros
Good place, great people, and great managers
Cons
Short breaks, weird hours, and very stressful
Would not recommend to a dog.
Customer Care Representative I (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJuly 3, 2018
Terrible lower end managers, terrible location, terrible work hours, terrible pay, terrible benefits. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Not worth the stress you will suffer.
July 9, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We seek the best teammates and strive to bring out their best. We've alerted our leadership to your feedback.

Enjoyed the people I worked with
TLC operator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJuly 3, 2018
Wasn’t a job you were garunteed to keep. Many people are let go randomly with no reason. Decent hours and consistent work flow. Very simple job if you can follow instructions
July 9, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We treat our employees with integrity and strive to balance professional and personal responsibilities. We've alerted our leadership to your feedback.

Excellent to work for with a great community behind it that helps you every step of the way
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, KYJune 29, 2018
Asurion was an incredible job and was my first Telecommunications job that I had received. I had worked previously for many years with the public and sales so I had a natural salesmanship, if you would, to me that they seen so they allowed me to grow and develop into who I am today. Asurion is a job I would highly recommend if you like sales because you sale DirecTV promotions all day with an opportunity to gain assentive from those sales.
Pros
Great Hours, Flexibility, Training, & Opportunity to gain more for just doing your job
Cons
Internet can go out
Fun Fast Paced
Tech Support Reprehensive (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 29, 2018
It's a fun fast paced place to work, but they are very clique. They expect you to reach your quota or you will be fired. The customer is always right, no exceptions. Pay is good.
July 2, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We strive to create a rewarding and collaborative work environment where each employee can maximize their talent and contributions. We've alerted our leadership to your feedback.