Asurion
55Below average

Asurion Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA69 reviews
The company as a whole is nice, very supportive and everybody seems to have a great time. The customer support and helpdesk team that I work for is one of the worst managed organizations I have ever worked for.
This company is a good pay master.
Good work culture around but uncertain env as business needs change very often and every year they have layoff. So one will never feel job security.

Risk for people who are on h1b.
Very good company to start working. They care for their employees but priority is customer first. Typical day involves you doing repairs and engaging with customers.
Working with a business team is a very good learning experience.
Learning cloud technologies like AWS.

Flexible working schedule. Healthy and friendly work culture.
They were focused more on getting you to the next call and not really caring about the person behind the voice. All about the bottom line, there was not personal touch
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Asurion is a great place to work. it is diverse and fun.Asurion, LLC is insurance company which provides insurance for smartphones, tablets, consumer electronics, appliances, satellite receivers and jewelry
Good pay for the work, the ability to do your job and get good quality feedback regarding your performance. The platform allowed me the opportunity to work split schedule to pursue other avenues while maintaining employment.
Great place to start a career and learn how a brilliant business works. People help each other make significant contributions to projects and marketing campaigns. I can't say enough about Asurion, currently building a new HQ in the Gulch, Nashville.
Pros
Exciting products, challenging pace, high expectations
Cons
Sometimes repetitive work, but it's only occasional.
Frequent pivots in direction with software development, poor cross functional cooperation, and management was constantly making promises to the customer that simply couldn’t be fulfilled.
July 22, 2019
Thank you for reaching out. At Asurion, we act like owners and take accountability to drive sustained results. We’re sorry to hear about your experience and have alerted our leadership to your feedback.
If you work on the mobility side of the company, you're much less likely to have to worry about lay offs. People, corporate culture and benefits are great!
Pros
Great people
Cons
Never know if you'll have a job from year-to-year.
March 25, 2019
Thank you for reaching out! At Asurion, we act like owners and take accountability to drive sustained results. We’re sorry to hear about your experience and have alerted our leadership to your feedback.
Do a better job of considering whom you'll promote. If all you are worried about is budget cuts, you will have to accept the consequences and don't pin it all on the ACCs and use them as scapegoats. They are doing their best under the circumstances. Deputies should not be afraid to speak up to support their teams.c
as an employee but if you are responsible for onboarding new vendors or purchasing something that requires a PO, then you will have to deal with pure incompetency and aggravation as you navigate the procurement process.
Decision by committee was the norm with few people willing to make important decisions without multiple other people also making the same decision. This applied even to things in which the decision really belonged in the hands of one owner. People just were not willing to expose themselves by making a decision. Managers were more focused on creating PowerPoint presentations for far too many meetings and less focused on developing their employees.
Pros
A lot of good people work here
Cons
Lack of ownership in decision making, managers not focused on developing employees
Work life structure changed rapidly within the company and when they relied on agents to support their training staff without an increase in pay but still required them to meet the same KPI without any extra time on calls it became fully overwhelming. I have since moved on and actually use what I learned from this experience to help me with other employers.
Great relaxed atmosphere to work, Good coworkers and clients. Would highly recommend for employment. Gained great bench tech skills for cellular devices
Excellent company to work for, geared towards the employee being in a relaxed atmosphere. A typical work day begins working at home as an claims examiner reviewing claims that have been submitted from our client data base insuring that the claims are within the contract warranty period while processing payments. I learned to to be mindful of my work place and the people that I work with on a regular basis as well as learning different programs. The management is outstanding as they are there to help you with all of your needs so that you will be successful in your position.
Asurion is a good place to work. Great people, good benefits, good pay. If you are looking to advance you will most likely need to move to Nashville to corporate headquarters but overall it's a good place to be.
Pros
People, Benefits
Cons
Advancement can be difficult if your not located in Nashville.
The management is constantly changing over. As a result, the direction to employees is poor. The company has lost many clients in the past few years.
April 17, 2018
Thanks for reaching out. We’ve alerted our leadership to your feedback.
Great people. Solid marketing team. Biggest problem here is a lack of foresight from management to build products that tie to the new generation of consumers.
It was amazing how to be in contact with a lot of customers by the phone. I enjoyed working there.
I will be more than happy to work at a call center.
This company had a allotted set amount of credit that you were allowed to use to fix billing issues or just use as a customer satisfaction tool. The problem with this policy unquestionable was that, if we had to go fix the issue and use over the allotted amount of credit, we were automatically issued a warning and this would go against our raise evaluation! So in a nutshell if I do my job correctly and issue credit only where it's due,(excluding customer satisfaction credit), I will automatically be wrote up and can expect my raise to be lower!
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Policies on issuing credit
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Asurion. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Asurion.