Asurion Employee Reviews

Found 1,855 reviews matching the search See all 1,981 reviews
Featured review
Asurion selected this as a representative review
Great company, culture, and benefits
Technical Support Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 31, 2018
I was a Technical Support Representative from a Work At Home position, and my overall experience is positive. Although my first assigned manager was very negative and indirect, her replacement manager was amazing and communicated in an open, honest, and direct manner. The company culture is also very collaborative and competitive with lots of incentives. There are rewards, commission, and prize-winning incentives on a daily basis; for the most part, you determine how much you’re paid.

Asurion offers a comprehensive training program over 6 weeks of paid training for 8 hours per day, 5 days per week. On the job, it’s easy to navigate 8-10 software applications in order to fully assist your customer.

The only reason I left the company is that it merged with AT&T and performed massive layoffs. We were offered unemployment or a pension package upon being officially laid off.
Pros
Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance, (401)k with company match, Flexible scheduling, Daily monetary reward incentives, Energizing atmosphere, Great management, Collaborative coworkers
Cons
Timed work per customer, Multiple software applications
Asurion Houston is hood and ghetto
Professional IBC Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Asurion Houston is the most ghetto place I have ever worked for. The management is a bunch of unprofessional “professionals”
They hire people who don’t know how to talk to others, yet they want those sane people to manage others. Then wonder why the numbers are down and have a High turn over rate. However they do not care about its employees having a work life balance. Your just another person they can use to get the job done and then turn around and not pick anything to have some what of a reason to fire you.
Save yourself the time and energy and find a employer worth working for. Asurion is not it!
Benefits
Cons
Asurion Houston is ghetto and not the place to work to make a career
Just an OK company.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 14, 2018
I worked at Asurion for 9 months. The people there are great, nice facility, lunch room, etc. The pay is good and company provides good benefits. However, I hated the job! Management was HORRIBLE. Throughout my 9 months there I had 6 different supervisors. 1 of them quit, she literally left for lunch and never came back. The other one got fired for sexual harassment and so did our OM. They say they work with your school schedule but they really dont. They micromanage you, listen to every single one of your calls and always give negative feedback instead of also telling you what you did right. This place is exhausting and stressful. Some people like it and stay, others hate it and leave within the first 3-4 months.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Management, short breaks, constant schedule change
Not a bad place
Service Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 24, 2018
Started working at Asurion last year (2017). Safe to say it's a great place to work in my area. I am a Technical Consultant, and we do get Entitle customers from time to time. Bonus structure is not bad either as long as are numbers are good. My manager is a great guy, who actually listens to us under him and doesn't make rash decisions. As far as advancement goes the company is growing trying make new positions open for the employees to get a fair shot at, recently it has been a little slow, hopefully it will pick up in 2019. I do agree with some the reviews here, I believe the company needs to branch out soon, Sprint isn't fairing to well, and their customers aren't so nice. Some Sprint employees don't care about their job, and throw stuff on the techs (me).Wish I can get a raise though, and I wish my boss could see the work I do.
Pros
Bonus, Pto, opportunity at times
Cons
Sprint, Management at times dont see the work you put in
I was the Job I needed at this time in my life
Cell Phone Technician (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 11, 2018
Many changes at the company have made it very difficult to work at. The Upper management is constantly coming up with new ideas to "stream line" things.
They changed the way that benefits are decided so that they could pay less money in and as a result have reduced the availability of benefits to its employees. This has caused many of them to become under insured.
The raises that people received did not even cover the cost of inflation last year and as a result peoples standard of living dropped.
I have a list of grievances.
Pros
The way PTO is decided.
Cons
Stress and Constant change
November 15, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We strive to act like owners with a sense of urgency and willingness to roll up our sleeves, taking accountability to drive sustained results. We have alerted our leadership to your feedback.

Instructional Desginer
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 17, 2018
Senior management has difficulty saying no to new clients - which is good for the customer. However, the inability to temper the client's expectations leads to unrealistic project delivery dates, as management simply adds new projects into an existing timeline without adjusting the timeline to reflect the added work and projects.

Asurion's bonus schedule is based on a strict bell curve, so even if all employees in a department do excellent work, 50% of them will get a 3 or average rating. And for every employee that gets a 4, someone has to be given a 2 - regardless. Not at all merit based.

A very territorial company with managers protecting their turf and employees at the expense of others. Managers almost always deflect fault - as it impact their bonus.

Good pay and good benefits, but those come at a high price of environment.
Pros
"unlimited time off"
Cons
Time off does not accrue - and management doesn't approve "unlimited time off"
November 19, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We treat employees with integrity and strive to balance professional, financial and personal responsibilities. We have alerted our leadership to your feedback.

Work environment
Premier Support Solutions Technician (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 2, 2019
My experience with Asurion is a mixed bag. I enjoyed most collegues i worked with because between agents for the most part support was there. When it got to the level of management even just a step above being our direct supervisor there was always stresses being laid on us about things we would be forced to say or do on a call that would change at a whim but if not done the threat of termination was always there and very vocal. You could tell even them management was always stressed and anytime upper management would show up it was just stressful for everyone.
Pros
Ping pong table. Benefits package.
Cons
Management tend to blame not train.
Asurion Employment Experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 17, 2018
Working at Asurion was exciting at first and started off great, till we lost our manager of our team and didn't have one for several months and it happened many more times through my employment, having no one to go to for issues or even personal issues and seeking help was next to impossible. Granted that wont happen to everyone's team. Definitely good pay and benefits with room to grow and advance. Most enjoyable part is its not boxed cubicles, they're opened sectioned desk with groups that have their own breathing space where they can chat with each other while taking care of business. In the end i absolutely recommend.
Pros
Great pay, Enviornment, Room to grow
Cons
Poor Management Assignment to Teams.
Like working there helping customers on the phone with technology support.
Verizon Wireless Tech Coach (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2018
Some employees like me we told that we would be getting a raise. Well 2-3 months pasted & nothing. They told us several times. When we didn’t get it I went to management & we both agreed that in the best interest I would leave. I never caused proplems, but don’t say we are getting a raise & don’t give it to us with no reason.
Pros
Loved my job
Cons
Management not truthful
December 6, 2018

Thanks for reaching out! We treat employees with integrity and strive to balance personal, professional, and financial responsibilities. We're sorry to hear about your experience and have alerted our leadership to your feedback.

Integrity : not practiced
CCR1 (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 27, 2018
I take calls helping customers with their insurance questions. Over and over I hear the same thing how the insurance is sold to them as one thing but when they try to use it there is always some excuse as to why the cost is more than originally promised. I do have to agree with the customer the ethics are shady and that is putting it nicely. I feel morally wrong for backing this company due to this. I find i can not quit at this point sadly.
Pay good, managers do try to help you.
Getting time off is almost impossible. They over work the employees and upper management treat you as disposable. Benefits are limited to the barest. Demands to make matrix is unrealistic and creates too much stress. Add that stress to what you get from the customer and your day is a living nightmare. Also training not long enough to fully prepare you for your job
So If you feel you can handle stress , little time off, bare benefits and over demands for average pay then this is the job for you.
Pros
Pay was good, managers sweet and do try to help you
Cons
stress, little time off, bare benefits, training was not long enough to fully prepare you for your job, and over demands for average pay
November 15, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We strive to act like owners with a sense of urgency and willingness to roll up our sleeves, taking accountability to drive sustained results. We're sorry to hear about your experience and have alerted our leadership to your feedback.

nice place to work because of diverstiy
customer srevice (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of me answering the customers call when roadside assistance was needed. At this job I learned how to be a bit quicker with typing and transferring information. The culture was a bit high paced. The hardest part of my job was preparing for the next call as they would come in so quickly. The most enjoyable part would be the wonderful people I had a chance to interact with and learn about their traditions.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks
November 27, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We're so glad to hear about your positive experience working with us! #AsurionProud

Want to know more about Asurion?

Ask a question
Poor structure and compensation program
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNNovember 13, 2018
As a contracted Technical Consultant, there is little to no room for advancement or movement within the company withholding being relocated to headquarters. Compensation plans are built as more of a carrot-on-a-stick versus being healthy and achievable goals. Management is non-existent. Poor company culture in this position.
November 15, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We treat employees with integrity and strive to balance professional, financial and personal responsibilities. We're sorry to hear about your experience and have alerted our leadership to your feedback.

Perfect for the "I don't care" attitude.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORAugust 4, 2018
It was... Okay. Nobody I know who worked there enjoyed their job. Management was terrible, however it came from higher so often your supervisor wasn't the once making the decisions. Rules were changed so frequently it was hard to keep up. Customers constantly screamed at you and you had to take it. I understand jobs are about the customer, but the abuse was atrocious. The good? Full time, above minimum wage starting, benefits, decent paid vacation and sick day accumulation.
If you never question things, can blow off the customer abuse and stupidity, and don't get involved in the drama, it's not too terrible.
August 6, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We value team success and strive to create a rewarding and collaborative work environment where each employee can maximize their talents and contributions. We're sorry to hear about your experience and have alerted our leadership to your feedback.

A very ‘Okay’ opportunity
Device Replacement Onboarding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 6, 2018
Overall working with Asurion is okay, but it’s not a place I see myself remaining for very long. If you don’t mind abrupt schedule and role changes, fluctuations with your pay, and unorganized ‘Leadership’ this would be a company you may be interested in!
Pros
Decent Pay, Benefits, Schedule Flexibility
Cons
Poor Management, Abrupt Changes
December 10, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We seek the best teammates and endeavor to bring out their best. We have alerted our leadership to your feedback.

Not bad if you like sitting on a phone and troubleshooting peoples mobile device problems
Verizon Tech Coach (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2018
Asurion has many job options depending on your location. If you like call centers then this is a place for you. I only worked there for a year. I enjoyed the benefits and the pay is not bad for just sitting on the phone. You do learn a lot about mobile devices and how to troubleshoot just about every problem with the tools they provide. You will run into a bunch of different managers some are OK. The work environment is nice open to peoples needs and their culture. Over all I give it 3 out of 5 stars.
Great Culture, Stressful Customers
Care Solutions Team (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 22, 2018
The Workplace is great. Pay and benefits are exceptional. Customers are horrible. While it comes with the territory in the Insurance Industry, many customers don't read their terms and conditions and then get upset when they have to *gasp* pay a deductible or fill out some paperwork. If you can handle this kind of stress well, then Asurion is 100% an excellent company to work for, but consider this fair warning.
Pros
100% Co-Insurance Option, tons of activities to mitigate stress.
Cons
Customers will treat you like utter garbage.
Awesome place to work.
Acting Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARNovember 9, 2018
Asurion is a great place to work. This is my first time working in a call center and it was a very good learning experience. The management team is fair and there is tons of room for advancement.
Pros
compensation/benefits
Cons
rude customers
Standard Call Center Job
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLAugust 26, 2018
The job has decent pay and great benefits. The site I worked for had issues with communication stemming from management and were constantly changing/setting unrealistic goals for the employees. Overall a good and steady place to work with no opportunity for advancement
Pros
Great benefits, good hours
Cons
Losing a contract could end your job
Stressful environment of micromangement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORAugust 1, 2018
Very strict workplace with no creative outlet. Sign in to workstation and answer calls, troubleshoot problems. The issue is that you are graded based upon calls, if the customer has slower aptitude at technical problem solving (even with guidance) you are dinged for you call handle time. Call handle time though good for efficiency, goes against customer service mindset.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanagement
August 2, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We strive to reach our full potential and are driven by divine discontent innovating rapidly and solving big problems for our customers. We've alerted our leadership to your feedback.

Good work place with few cons
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANAYLST (Current Employee) –  NashvilleOctober 4, 2018
The company itself is wonderful. The time off policy for salary employees is better then most companies. The directors are great as well, they truly do care about what you think
Pros
Time off, ability to wfh, younger company
Cons
Don’t get stuck with a boss that doesn’t let you experience the true culture of the company
Really good company and they care abut their employees
Premier Support Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 27, 2018
I would recommend anyone to work for Asurion. As any copany has areas of oportunity and areas that could be better improved upon, Asurion is still a great compny to work for.
Pros
Compensation, Vacation Time, Benefits
Cons
Typical Call Center Drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Asurion. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight