Asurion Employee Reviews

Found 1,801 reviews matching the search See all 1,919 reviews
n/a
PSS-TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 15, 2018
i am appreciative for the opportunity

the job aided in improving my customer service skills

several factors made the company an unpleasant place of employement
Great Place
Operations Excellence Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 15, 2018
Asurion gives the right people a voice and a great place to grow roots..they are always working forward to grow up and into the light of the cloud and all
Pros
Soeaking my mind
Cons
Culture of Punishment
Poor structure and compensation program
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNNovember 13, 2018
As a contracted Technical Consultant, there is little to no room for advancement or movement within the company withholding being relocated to headquarters. Compensation plans are built as more of a carrot-on-a-stick versus being healthy and achievable goals. Management is non-existent. Poor company culture in this position.
November 15, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We treat employees with integrity and strive to balance professional, financial and personal responsibilities. We're sorry to hear about your experience and have alerted our leadership to your feedback.

Very Stressful environment
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 11, 2018
I did not stay at Asurion very long. I was not very familiar with the technology, and truthfully would not have taken the job had I not really needed employment at the time. However, the people were great.
Pros
Ample Training
Cons
Very Stressful work environment
November 15, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We strive to act like owners with a sense of urgency and willingness to roll up our sleeves, taking accountability to drive sustained results. We're sorry to hear about your experience and have alerted our leadership to your feedback.

I was the Job I needed at this time in my life
Cell Phone Technician (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 11, 2018
Many changes at the company have made it very difficult to work at. The Upper management is constantly coming up with new ideas to "stream line" things.
They changed the way that benefits are decided so that they could pay less money in and as a result have reduced the availability of benefits to its employees. This has caused many of them to become under insured.
The raises that people received did not even cover the cost of inflation last year and as a result peoples standard of living dropped.
I have a list of grievances.
Pros
The way PTO is decided.
Cons
Stress and Constant change
November 15, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We strive to act like owners with a sense of urgency and willingness to roll up our sleeves, taking accountability to drive sustained results. We have alerted our leadership to your feedback.

Awesome place to work.
Acting Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARNovember 9, 2018
Asurion is a great place to work. This is my first time working in a call center and it was a very good learning experience. The management team is fair and there is tons of room for advancement.
Pros
compensation/benefits
Cons
rude customers
Review
Customer service representative/ Peer (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARNovember 9, 2018
This is a great company to work for and you can easily make more on your check if you meet goals. However, you are talking on the phone most days back to back and always getting yelled at or cussed at. I still recommend this job.
Pros
pay, incentives, and time off
Cons
Angry customers
Fun work place and productive
Customer Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2018
Enjoyed my time working here and learned alot. Learned a lot about working with a team, problem solving and some technical things i wasn't quite fluent in when I arrived.
pays well
lead (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 2, 2018
good pay, no advancement from within. they only care about what sprint wants and not what is good for their own employees. benefits are expensive but they are good.
November 15, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We seek the best teammates and endeavor to bring out their best. We've alerted our leadership to your feedback.

Benefits
Lead Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 2, 2018
Asurion gives you opportunities in the company to advance in the Corporate location. Good place to work. If you have any questions they are always there to assist.
Pros
Benefits pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSNovember 1, 2018
Great job and food atmosphere the customers are very angry on some calls just spending time knowing that you fixed someone issue and made their day make yours the management is great
Great company, culture, and benefits
Technical Support Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 31, 2018
I was a Technical Support Representative from a Work At Home position, and my overall experience is positive. Although my first assigned manager was very negative and indirect, her replacement manager was amazing and communicated in an open, honest, and direct manner. The company culture is also very collaborative and competitive with lots of incentives. There are rewards, commission, and prize-winning incentives on a daily basis; for the most part, you determine how much you’re paid.

Asurion offers a comprehensive training program over 6 weeks of paid training for 8 hours per day, 5 days per week. On the job, it’s easy to navigate 8-10 software applications in order to fully assist your customer.

The only reason I left the company is that it merged with AT&T and performed massive layoffs. We were offered unemployment or a pension package upon being officially laid off.
Pros
Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance, (401)k with company match, Flexible scheduling, Daily monetary reward incentives, Energizing atmosphere, Great management, Collaborative coworkers
Cons
Timed work per customer, Multiple software applications
the perks made the position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MS 38801October 29, 2018
had the best insurance, conveniences were top notch. best breakroom, timeout areas that I have ever seen! Free meals, free services, contests and rewards
Integrity : not practiced
CCR1 (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 27, 2018
I take calls helping customers with their insurance questions. Over and over I hear the same thing how the insurance is sold to them as one thing but when they try to use it there is always some excuse as to why the cost is more than originally promised. I do have to agree with the customer the ethics are shady and that is putting it nicely. I feel morally wrong for backing this company due to this. I find i can not quit at this point sadly.
Pay good, managers do try to help you.
Getting time off is almost impossible. They over work the employees and upper management treat you as disposable. Benefits are limited to the barest. Demands to make matrix is unrealistic and creates too much stress. Add that stress to what you get from the customer and your day is a living nightmare. Also training not long enough to fully prepare you for your job
So If you feel you can handle stress , little time off, bare benefits and over demands for average pay then this is the job for you.
Pros
Pay was good, managers sweet and do try to help you
Cons
stress, little time off, bare benefits, training was not long enough to fully prepare you for your job, and over demands for average pay

Loved it here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSOctober 26, 2018
I really enjoyed Asurion and hated that I had to leave. Excellent working environment and i enjoyed being on the phone with my customers and helping them to resolve their problems.
Great place to have a career
Premier Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 26, 2018
Asurion hires from within and is always working to make you better. All employees support each other. I loved working here and hope to return. Coaches will always help you get to your next goal.
Pros
Great medical compensation and environment
Fun workplace
Business Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 25, 2018
Fun workplace but few opportunities to learn new stuff. People are friendly but the ambition is lacking. Most people are comfortable doing the same thing over and over again and very few people challenge the status quo.
November 15, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We are driven by divine discontent and an entrepreneurial spirit, innovating rapidly and solving big problems for our customers. We're sorry to hear about your experience and have alerted our leadership to your feedback.

Not a bad place
Service Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 24, 2018
Started working at Asurion last year (2017). Safe to say it's a great place to work in my area. I am a Technical Consultant, and we do get Entitle customers from time to time. Bonus structure is not bad either as long as are numbers are good. My manager is a great guy, who actually listens to us under him and doesn't make rash decisions. As far as advancement goes the company is growing trying make new positions open for the employees to get a fair shot at, recently it has been a little slow, hopefully it will pick up in 2019. I do agree with some the reviews here, I believe the company needs to branch out soon, Sprint isn't fairing to well, and their customers aren't so nice. Some Sprint employees don't care about their job, and throw stuff on the techs (me).Wish I can get a raise though, and I wish my boss could see the work I do.
Pros
Bonus, Pto, opportunity at times
Cons
Sprint, Management at times dont see the work you put in
good
TLC Operator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNOctober 22, 2018
It was a good starter job. Something for college kids and people that are settled and content with life. Good place to work on the weekends if you want to do limited amount of work
Poorly Organized
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 20, 2018
They don't live up to their own hype and there is a lot of pettiness here. The break room is nice but they don't feed you. A lot of the managers have never been on the phones so there is a lot of mismanagement here. It's kinda unorganized. The pay is definitely the best thing about Asurion, and the security guards are very cool.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Politics and pettiness
October 26, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Asurion. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight