Asurion Employee Reviews

Found 1,915 reviews matching the search See all 2,047 reviews
Featured review
Asurion selected this as a representative review
Great company, culture, and benefits
Technical Support Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 31, 2018
I was a Technical Support Representative from a Work At Home position, and my overall experience is positive. Although my first assigned manager was very negative and indirect, her replacement manager was amazing and communicated in an open, honest, and direct manner. The company culture is also very collaborative and competitive with lots of incentives. There are rewards, commission, and prize-winning incentives on a daily basis; for the most part, you determine how much you’re paid.

Asurion offers a comprehensive training program over 6 weeks of paid training for 8 hours per day, 5 days per week. On the job, it’s easy to navigate 8-10 software applications in order to fully assist your customer.

The only reason I left the company is that it merged with AT&T and performed massive layoffs. We were offered unemployment or a pension package upon being officially laid off.
Pros
Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance, (401)k with company match, Flexible scheduling, Daily monetary reward incentives, Energizing atmosphere, Great management, Collaborative coworkers
Cons
Timed work per customer, Multiple software applications
With a grain of Salt
Claims Adjuster - Assurance Service Group (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 21, 2019
The pay was decent, you had chances for advancement ( with the right managers ). Not too many days off and crazy hours.Tuition reimbursement. Schedule based on performance and seniority and raises every year
Pros
Pay
Cons
Schedule
Good
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 21, 2019
Had fun there but the phone calls get really old. I know it's a call center but it's damage control all day long. Never a day where someone isn't raging mad about something. And if your ever sick or have something important to do, or you are running late they take it from your vacation time so you will basically never get a vacation if your not careful about it. Still give it a 4 because despite those things there are great people that will make friends and make it a good environment to work in.
Pros
Free food occasionally, community, benefits
Cons
Angry customers, no sick days
Not recommended
Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 21, 2019
This place isn't what they preach at all... You have coaches that can barley help and when they do one on ones they ask you what you need to improve on...that defeats the one on one training purpose ... And when you get sick or have a hospital emergency they write you up... This place is not for their employees at all not sorry to say.
Pros
Lunches to leave this place
Cons
Having to work here
Productive, enjoyable place to work
Customer Support Technician, Call Center (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 20, 2019
I would recommend this job it is a basic call center job. PTO, UPTO, VTO, shift swap on WFM app available. the hours are very flexible and there is usually Over time available.
Pros
events with free food and welcoming environment
Cons
Stressful line of work
The company is phenomenal, the leadership at the site level, but so much!
Premier Support Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 20, 2019
Asurion is a great company. They really take care of their employees, and they do so by taking the holistic approach. The culture when I started in October 2016 was very family oriented. We looked out for one another, butt as time progressed, greed, selfishness, favoritism, and brown nosing, took over and overshadowed all the good that was happening.
Pros
Pay, vacation time off, benefits
Cons
HR business partner tells everyone's business and is on vacation 60% of the time
Rude customers and management doesn't care.
Verizon Tech Coach (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2019
Management is just as new as you are. They can't help with much. Good luck with surveys. I've been in customer service for a long time. Never have I dealt with customers so rude. It's not worth the money for me. You decide.
Pros
Living wage
Cons
Trapped in a chair
Fast pace job
Cellphone Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 19, 2019
Made mistakes cause certain things were explained and had issues with some of the sku's we had and therefore i got blamed for something that wasn't my fault.
A job for those who like change
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 16, 2019
Asurion is a great place to work if you like a fast paced, rapidly changing environment. It has amazing core values and does a lot for it's employees.
Pros
Easy, and eventful
Cons
poor communication from top to bottom
jacked it
WAH Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 16, 2019
This company is great for career advancement and company advancement. I regret leaving this compay it was a work from home position which after going back into the day to day hussle a bussle of the office world I did not appreciate the pluses of working from home less gas,no traffic, less stress wow
Good Place to Work
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNMarch 15, 2019
Good place to work, with lots of opportunities. Have had to adapt to quite a few changes in the past year, but it’s been for the better. Excited to see what comes next.
Asurion
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2019
Asurion is a great place to work at the beginning. They treat their experts well. If you choose to move up the ladder, you are treated differently and leadership does not invest as much in their coaches as they do in their experts.
Love my job
Premier Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeMarch 12, 2019
For the most part i have no complaints i had to adjust to a new position than what I was hired for and that was kind of a headache but other than that love it. Some managers are a bit much as far as pressuring you but they are few and far between most are awesome
Pros
Pay, benefits, work at home, overtime
Cons
Some managers
Best place to work for, I would go back
Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 11, 2019
I have never worked for a company who was about their people. I would go back in a heartbeat to them. They love helping their people and make work fun
Not a nice place to work
customer care representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2019
I hated working here. Management is awful, makes you feel like you are a number on a spreadsheet instead of a person. Management treats you as if your in jail, has a problem if you need to use the bathroom or stretch your legs.
Great place to work if you need call center experience.
Device Replacement Onboarding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Russellville, AR 72801March 8, 2019
The job provides multiple opportunities but is very mentally numbing and monotonous. However, the comoany provides valuable work skills that can be used across a wide margin of jobs such as customer service, written and oral communication, and problem solution.
Pros
Great benefits, good work environment, training, good managers
Cons
Very slim chance of mobility, monotonous work, strict
call center
Remote Insurance Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 6, 2019
promoted to the home rep, gave me the balance I needed to stay productive, learn insurance business and claims processing, fun work environment and buy
Pros
home work indepently
Cons
no longevity
Decent pay, benefits terrible management and work/life balance
PREMIER TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECALIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2019
I worked for this company for 10 months. I originally liked working here when I started off working with Verizon. As soon I switched over to AT&T everything went down hill. First, I once was an AT&T customer I personally felt cheated and I do not trust this relationship between Asurion and AT&T. They literally send all of their over flow calls to Asurion agents whether they're trained to handle the calls or not. Which leaves customers constantly being transferred to multiple departments. I quickly switched carriers after learning how these major corporations do business. The metrics are unrealistic. Training is lack luster and minimal. They choose to hire coachs/supervisors from outside of the company who have no knowledge of technology but are expected to enforce metrics and quality over your head. Anyone who continues to work here, is clearly here for the pay. THEY DO NOT PAY THEIR EMPLOYEES SICK TIME. PTO time is accumulated hourly and taken away if you have to leave early without being paid. They are starting a new "trending" system which will soon lead to many employees quitting. I witnessed a few employees organizing a STRIKE against the company. I would not blame them. I quit the company without giving a notice. I'd never want to work for such a greedy company who support lobbying. They're a monopoly, along with AT&T. Two major cons working together to get over on hard working people. Good luck on growth Asurion, your revivals will do far better. They also invest millions to keep revivals away from their branding. To continue to dominate this market for cellphone insurance.  more... Otherwise, the company would fail.  less
Pros
Decent pay, benefits
Cons
Management, work/life balance, training, metrics
A Company that Discriminates
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 3, 2019
Nice pay but alot of hidden information. I always got great surveys worked as an VERIZON TECH COACH.
Most Management had their favorite picks with people unfortunately I wasn't. I brought Sanitary wipes cause keyboard would irritate my hands and I felt it was better to where clear gloves. Sometimes if my head was irritated from a wig, I would wear a nice head dressing and always business professional unlike most. My manager wasn't as business professional and seemed to be bothered. I shared health issue and as offended when they asked if they have to worry about catching anything which is not a way to ask questions about my gloves and I brought
a box. I told him I have Lupus that is why. Than I was asked If I was happy to work there. Yes I replied but if I'm not feeling well you won't see a smile unless I'm on the phone to keep a wonderful tone. Im also at 100% with surveys and always met my metric so after that conversation in a coaching session 5 days later I meet with another person asking if I felt comfortable with my job I was doing great and they want to make sure I comfortable when I asked why. 2days later I was called to another " meeting " and they asked for my Badge and if I had a locker. I asked why I was told sorry your not a good fit and escorted out to the elevator. My manager had an issue and didn't handle it professionally. I was dependent on the job for the insurance to help with the treatment for Lupus. This is not a Great company to work for they care about making money not losing it on people like me. Their attitude is fake wasn't
  more... professional as the outside of the building looked. I was sad I shared my personal issue that they made as if it was big issue no Respect for people like me. I did my job wit intentions to help anyone I had on the phone have a great day & I did. Management puts stress on you was worse than the customers who needed help. I didn't put my energy into reporting them cause Karma will do better at that than anything else. Sad Company filled with Falsehood .  less
Benefits
Cons
You can't be honest or share your health.
Asurion is continually going through reorganizations and lay offs.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 1, 2019
If you work on the mobility side of the company, you're much less likely to have to worry about lay offs. People, corporate culture and benefits are great!
Pros
Great people
Cons
Never know if you'll have a job from year-to-year.
Great Place
Security Director Global Risk and Safety (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 28, 2019
Great Management and team work together well
stressful fast paced environment but well planed goals and meetings to keep track and keep task on track
Pros
Managment
Cons
Time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Asurion. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss