Asurion Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,758 reviews matching the search See all 1,868 reviews
Great opportunity
QA specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2018
Excellent managers and training process was very helpful and informative, good schedule and great managers great benefits and pto and opportunities for growth just very far
Whats my job again
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 22, 2018
The job went from repair to to customer facing support to door greeter all because a lack of backbone by a manager So while the store employees were stealing and fighting over customers they now had to have the technicians on the floor preventing sales
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
sales guys stealing accessories
technician
assitant technician, lean specialist (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNSeptember 21, 2018
troubleshoot phones. repair them so they work. sometime solder some of the components is it seems loose or put on a new connector if the charging port is bad
Face Paced Work Place
Staff Mark -PSS Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2018
Working at Asurion, was a great experience for me. I got a chance to learn about different products, make bonuses and was apart of a great team. I recommend it for people who are tech-savvy and love technology.
Great Place to Work for Non-Ethnic
Methods & Procedure Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 20, 2018
At Asurion, it has been painfully viewed that the company is very bias towards blacks. African-Americans cannot excel there unless they are hired in from the outside or they want to excel in Operations. Support groups are encouraging blacks to apply but they never get the opportunity & the ones in support group does not receive any growth, just negativity.
Pros
Welcoming Environment
Cons
Racist, Biast towards others, lack of communication
Content Writer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 18, 2018
I love working for Asurion. Like all companies, it has its ups and downs, but its overall been the best job I've ever had. I do feel like sometimes things happen that are shady and pertain to favoritism.
Great
peer advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2018
good job, great benefits, hours for bilingual are not so great since most the shifts are closing... overall good job... lots of room for growth and sups are very interactive with agents
Advancement Opportunities
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 16, 2018
There is always room for advancement. ID's have to be flexible and be willing to drop what he or she is doing for any business need that comes up. Provides endless vacation time, but your work needs to be complete before taking a vacation, which never happens.
Excellent skills learned. Great place to work
Tech Expert (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2018
Training process was wonderful. Managers were very helpful and nice. Loved that job. Schedule was easy to maintain. Great location. Only thing that was hard to grasp were the metrics needed to meet.
High turnover rate, abysmal Life/Work ratio.
Call Service Representative, Front Line Care (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2018
Asurion, on paper, made me balk. As someone who comes from a high density, high population city working for individual contractors who owned multi-million dollar projects, I was nearly rejected due to overqualifications. In fact, in my first and only interview, instead of the usual one or two interviewers who asked me questions as part of the process, they had to bring in a third interviewer who proceeded to nix the questionnaires to ask questions they would normally ask Coaches: when questioned, they told me directly that the normal questions did not apply to me due to my work history and accomplishments.

Now this may seem like show boating or ethical bragging, but it's merely a preface to the reason why I'm leaving. The recruiter for the company pushed me into a starting position because she felt that it was the "easy way in", and given that she had a quota to fix for the month, it would benefit her. I did not mind, as most companies, no matter how qualified or successful you are, require some in-house experience before promotion.

I've been here for two months exactly, and I'm not only tired of coming into this company to work but also stymied by how the work politics are framed-- I won't even go into the actual work just yet. Our group had not had a proper "coach" or supervisor until just a week ago because of internal issues and lack of proper resourcing. The work site, while only a temporary solution as the company is moving to a new location altogether, seems to have a new issue every week-- from false fire alarms three days in a row that not only disrupted the call
  more... flow to suspend calls for nearly an hour (in which the call service representatives had to scrabble to appease irate customers who'd been in hold queues of 30 minutes or longer) but also extended working hours, that already start at 9 hour shifts, to nearly half an hour extra, to daily roach problems due to poorly enforced regulations (including but not limited to unhygenic work desks, unsanctioned water fountains that all reps are advised NOT to drink from despite there being no cautionary signs) and poor dress code regulations with promises to send workers home despite critical operation managers walking in tee-shirts and jeans.

Turn-over rates are exceptionally orbital due to the horrible work hours and work-life ratio seems to be targeted favorably to desperate highschool dropouts intent on leaving their fast-food careers as well as individuals who prefer to avoid being home from 12-9PM. Don't expect much leeway by way of changing your schedule for the first six months of employment; being able to work 9AM - 6PM is reserved for a special group of workers who have slaved for inordinate amounts of time to usher callers off their phone quick enough to remain under 3 minutes but also friendly enough to avoid criticism on calls. Bonuses are always a 'pretty' concept in any job, and the amount offered as soon as you complete the first two months of training is highly attractive; but more often than not it's merely a pipe dream, a proverbial baby-carrot on a 10 foot stick to get workers to monotonously dreg through roughly 80-100 calls a day and try to touch the first tier of bonus added to their check, measly $75 barely enough to pay for two weeks of gas and not nearly enough for the psychological rehab this job requires.

When asked how many of their employees received the full, top tier bonus, an attractive $600 tax free amount added to the dirt cheap paychecks, the upper management becomes shifty-eyed and suspiciously quiet, which gives me credence to think that perhaps out of their tremendous workfloor volume, I can perhaps fit their names to as many digits I have on hands and feet. I've personally met one of them, lovely woman, but it's clear that this line of work is clearly taking it's toll on her.

The work itself is not only a chore but not what you'd expect from customer service. 90% of the work involves reading off of a script, with more scripting available when you can't find the right words for a response on the original script. In my day, customer service meant being an advocate for the customer and seeing all possible options available to any given situation. On one hand, that removes the leg work of having to scrabble around for possible solutions when they're literally given to you on a screen. On the other, the work becomes monotonous even one month in. By the first year, if you're looking forward to going into work for any reason outside of the paltry pay, I want to know who your dealer is.

Benefits are nice, but come directly from a substantial portion of your paycheck. The insurance seems out of place in a job with this payscale, but when compared to others, it does remain one of the company's high points. During the Hurricane Harvey of last year, they did manage to provide their employees pay during the month and a half time where none were able to travel outside their homes, which will always remain a gold star on the marred track record of Asurion.

All in all, this is a great job for an individual who doesn't mind putting in 60+ hours of work in a week to invest themselves into a very self-contained culture that perpetuates a low self esteem-- it seems when addressed with ideas of promotion, you're either offered an opportunity if your numbers are golden and you deny it because you're comfortable where you are or you try and reach upwards only to be redirected cleverly.

Definitely not for me. I cherish my time more than I cherish this money.

PS: They offer free counseling once a week. Makes you wonder why, doesn't it?
Pros
Intrinsic knowledge of insurance, job security, assistance during hurricanes, cumulative PTO
Cons
Being an underpaid psychologist to callers, low pay, favoritism, monotony, high stress for low payout
September 20, 2018

Thanks for reaching out! We strive to act like owners, with a sense of urgency and willingness to roll up our sleeves, taking accountability to drive sustained results. We're sorry to hear about your experience and have alerted our leadership to your feedback.

It’s just like any other call center
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 14, 2018
You take calls from callers that don’t know much about their phones or their device is not working and they need a replacement. The tools literally walk you through want to do to troubleshoot but it’s boring. This job got old very quickly and before I finished training I was already looking for another job. There’s nothing really special about the job at all. They believe that since they pay 16.50/hr that they are truly above and beyond. Not sure if they are aware that many other call centers in Las Vegas pay at or above that same rate. In the end it’s not a bad job but I personally could not make a career out of it.
Pros
Pay checks every two weeks
Cons
Typically call center, very boring, management is very pushy
Clickish work place where management are intimate with eachother
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2018
This place promotes itself as a great place to work and they blind you with an incredible hourly rate but it isnt worth what you have to go through to get paid. Not to mention they had a training program that was 6 weeks that is now two.
Pros
Pay is really good
Cons
What comes with the pay
September 20, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We strive to act like owners with a sense of urgency and willingness to roll up our sleeves, taking accountability to drive sustained results. We're sorry to hear about your experience and have alerted our leadership to your feedback.

Loved this company
Tier I Tech support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 12, 2018
Worked at the north office for about a year before I quit for personal reasons not related to the job. Have to wait six months before I can go back and if nothing else pans out for me in that time I want to go back. Overall the managers are good to great (there are a few sour apples on any tree). Issues I saw in the company were generally the same issues you see with any contractor/client relationship. Great benefits include the usual plus great support if you need special needs accommodation.

A typical day of course involves taking calls, call volume depends on the assignment you are on. Some assignments are back to back calls, others are few calls with lots of down time between which led to some employee frustration until Asurion corrected the call balance.

Though they do hire more than a few people who are less savvy at tech than they need to be, the tools they provide allow for even the tech illiterate to progress.

Fun place to work, lots of events, free meals, themed dress up days, etc.

There are some down sides, but they are the same down sides with any call center. Of all the call centers I have worked for, Asurion has fewer issues and less friction than many cal centers I have worked for. I would gladly work for them again
Pros
Benefits, environment, culture, flexibility.
Cons
Have to wait six months to return even though I regularly see they are hiring.
Has Potential
PSS Expert (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 12, 2018
This is a call center gig. There are going to be call metrics, and requirements seemingly random and not relevant to the job being done. There are too many people in supervisory roles who have no business being there, and far too many who play politics instead of doing their jobs. But this isn't unlike any other place of employment. In general, however, the culture is a mixture of generous, diverse, and laid-back. Metrics and angry customers aside, the company does whatever it can to help employees, and there are several programs within the company to do just that. Internal growth is a bit bizarre, and it is something the company needs to address: If a tech is well-educated, does their job well, and they know how to lead a team, they should be promoted over someone just because they're friends with more people at work. There's networking, and then there's playing favorites.

If you're into mobile tech, and you want to continue to learn, this is a great environment. The best experts are doing their homework and are passionate about learning and passing that knowledge on to the customers. A typical day means taking up to 30 calls from customers who need help with their mobile devices, and it's up to us to use all available tools to get the job done.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of resolving a caller's issue, especially if it's something significant to them, like recovering the photographs or voicemail of a departed loved one, or learning how to use Skype or Facetime to communicate with someone at a great distance.

Hardest part? Burn out is
  more... high, because of the ever changing metrics, dealing with angry or hostile customers, and sometimes feeling micromanaged.

Work life balance is great. There's always plenty of VTO available. Pay is generous for the area, as well.

Senior management is terribly disengaged from the day-to-day life of the front line tech, however. Supervisors are often not present, because of endless meetings, and reporting they're required to do. At the most senior level, decision making is questionable and often bewildering to supervisors and techs. This is an insurance company trying to do tech, and it has to decide how to allocate is resources appropriately. Be more like Google and Apple and less like every other call center in town.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work-life balance
Cons
Hostile customers, out of touch senior management, micromanaging, ever changing metrics
September 20, 2018

Thanks for reaching out! We seek the best teammates and endeavor to bring out their best through everyday leadership. We've alerted our leadership to your feedback.

Lacks Competitive Salary for Tenured Employees
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 11, 2018
During my tenure with this company, their career pathing was lacking as well as their promotion of senior employees. They often hired in new employees straight out of college with higher salaries than the current seniored employees.
Great company to work for
ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 11, 2018
Overall great company thats expanding constantly. The company always looks to promote within and offers a great variety of benefits at a very low cost
Fast growing with lots of opportunity for advancement.
CUSTOMER CARE REP (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTSeptember 10, 2018
I usually took between 40 and 60 calls a day. I learned how to provide great customer service over the phone. The management there was not so great. I felt like just a number on a spread sheet.
Pros
Great benefits, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and PTO buy up
Cons
Very stressful. I felt very unappreciated.
September 11, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We seek the best teammates and endeavor to bring out their best. We're sorry to hear about your experience and have alerted our leadership to your feedback.

weak
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 7, 2018
calls after calls after calls after calls. all day everyday for the rest of your life. only 30 minute lunch breaks.. lame. it could just be me but man I hated that place.
Pros
cool pay
Cons
not worth it
Not a good place to work
Bilingual Customer Service Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 6, 2018
Asurion management had their favortie reps and if you were not one of them they treated you unfairly. Bilingual reps had to take all calls while english reps get VTO. Never Bilingual - All reps must go into a shift bid every six months no matter what - No help paying utilities and if you had any issues with system that was all your responsibility.
Pros
unlimited overtime
Cons
working overtime but, that was not acknowledged
September 11, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We treat employees with integrity and strive to balance professional and personal responsibilities. We're sorry to hear about your experience and have alerted our leadership to your feedback.

asurion
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 6, 2018
great call center. flexible scheduling, with shift bid opportunity every 6 months and they also have the option to work from home which was a plus for me.
Pros
work from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Asurion. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight