At Home The Home Decor Superstore Employee Reviews

Poor management
operation specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 7, 2018
Poor management lack of communication unfair to certain individuals regarding gender due to the management. environment is very unhealthy they are rat- infested environment is very hot in the back receiving area
Pros
Morning shifts
Cons
Poor management
stressful
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 7, 2018
Working at the At Home store is stressful because we have a lot of freight to do right now and trying to get everything out with not enough people to help put everything out.
Stessfull
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 2, 2018
Employees were nice, but management team was generally not around. Information between managers was inconsistent. Employees generally did not know which department they were working in.
Pros
Cons
no set department that you worked in
Not enough hours and pay wasnt worth it
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 1, 2018
The pay was low. The hours kept shrinking. Management was ok but not what it could be. Employees would quit regularly. Staff did not like the work environment.
@ homes
Frond End Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAMay 16, 2018
It was a good place to be a manager the store was mostly slow pace but we seen a diversity of people on a a daily. I just loved being their just looking at all the deals and being able to share with customers
Disappointing
CSA (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 15, 2018
It wasn't my worst job I've ever had but it certainly wasn't my best. The store is enormous (size of 2 football fields, stated on website) and they think its acceptable to have only 3-4 people (including the manager) to work at once. Management seemed a bit clueless when dealing with customers. The one thing that stood out was how miserable the employees seemed. I understand its retail but it seemed a bit extreme. Not enough hours given if you're PT. I guess the only positive thing was the 25% employee discount. Unless you're desperate for cash , I recommend to look elsewhere.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low employee morale, clueless management, overworked, etc.
Difficult place to work
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 6, 2018
When I first started working here I was under the impression that I would be working close to full time and almost every day of the week and on weekends, but as soon as the store opened I was receiving fewer hours, along with having to work every Saturday. If you are put in the position as a cashier there isn't a lot for you to do unless the front shelves are messy. All and all the environment was okay, but as soon as I asked for more hours they brought up the percentage of emails I have received and not on how good I was doing as a cashier.
Pros
Lunches with every shift
Cons
No healthcare offered for less than full time, not a lot of full time opportunities.
Negative work environment
Store Director (Former Employee) –  Midwest DivisionMay 4, 2018
An extremely cutthroat environment that is created by poor executive level decision making. This “ culture of execution” the company touts is only applicable to store level associates, as the constant inability of corporate to communicate company directives effectively routinely creates unnecessary double work. Maintaining a full staff is near impossible due to the low pay of entry level associates as well as the demanding schedule put upon them. Typical shifts involve 3-4 people covering a store that can range between 85-150 thousand square feet, and morale is usually low. I would not recommend this employer to potential employees, as there are many companies out there with much more to offer.
Pros
Full time benefits
Cons
Poor leadership, unreasonable expectations, wages are not competitive
Customer Service
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 24, 2018
I was a supervisor and third key leader to the store. I assisted customers on a daily basis with their purchases acting as either a merchandise manager or as a cashier. I balanced the vault and cash tills daily. I supervised and managed the store when the store managers are not present. I alleviated customer complaints from store manager and our corporate office by handling customer issues personally. I was also responsible for implementing store policies and procedures.
Great Part Time Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 20, 2018
Worked for at home when the Erie, PA store opened.i was there for 2 yrs. I enjoyed it. Had great managment and employees were awsome. This was just a part time job. I left because my full time job got demanding i just couldnt take on at home anymore. I miss it. I live in ohio now so the closest one is in Avon OH over a hour away. I enjoyed it but again every store is diffrent because of of people.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Pay rases
Customer Support Associate
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAApril 13, 2018
The typical day is clocking in, figuring out what your duties for the day are and getting started, rather that's cashiering or cleaning and stocking. you are not assigned one task but multiple tasks but everything is fairly easy but can become repetitive.
Pros
45 minute lunches and 15 minute breaks
Cons
no room to grow within the company.
poor Management
Operation Associate (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOApril 12, 2018
Manager cussed a lot. Very lazy talked to you like a child. The manager in receiving was very kind and helpful. You get no training there. I stayed busy.
Pros
good discount
Cons
Learn to show people respect.
Wonderful crew members
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 11, 2018
I just recently started working here but overall it’s an amazing place to work. I love the management team and the other employees. &we get a discount
Pros
Management, benefits, discounts.
Cons
Short breaks.
Stock (Former Employee) –  Jenison, MIApril 11, 2018
The job is productive fast pace, the management and other employees where not the greatest, it made it hard to work their they don’t care if you have family issues they would fire you over them
Product and Co workers
Associate (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 7, 2018
With a garden / décor store product was always changing and made the days enjoyable. Peers were supportive and we collaborated well with one another .
Pros
easy job
Cons
holiday season
Fast-paced work, good pay, but no benefits & little opportunity to advance
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 29, 2018
Like any retail job, it's a lot of dealing with customers and their needs. There's lots of fun projects and a very good merit system. The ONLY down side to this job is the lack of opportunity to advance and earn benefits.
Pros
Fun projects, great discount, lots of products, never down time
Cons
little career advancement, no benefits
Should have better job safety like back braces, paletts are to high should be 5 ft and they are 8 ft
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  KansasMarch 25, 2018
Don't really like working there. Need more safety regulations. Should be paying more do to operations support. Need more customer service on the floor.
Pros
Cons
Safety
Don't waste your time.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIMarch 25, 2018
Never have I ever worked for a company that has no idea what they are doing or care what they do and how it effects the employees.

It's all about the Director... they do nothing but sit in their office and think that they do everything.

They do not back up their management staff, god forbid they help on the floor.

They think the store can run with minimal staffing, but yet they can sit there and say well I don't have any issues why can't you run things as smoothly.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, min pay, no staffing, no training
Great Place to work
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXMarch 23, 2018
Great management, the workplace culture was great and diverse. Easy going, they care a lot about your work growth and that you succeed in whatever you want.
*Warning*
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 21, 2018
This job was by far the worst I have ever had in my 20+ years of retail experience. The job itself wasn't terrible, however it was hard work for little pay. In the store I worked at, the problem was management. The store manager is a complete sociopath. Fits of rage that rival a 2 year old. Manic episodes of verbal abuse. Definitely not worth the minimal pay to put up with that craziness. The corporate office and HR have been notified about this manager many times, but so far nothing has been done. If it weren't for that reason, I would most likely reccomend the job to young people still on their parents healthcare and living with them, Because the salary isn't enough to make ends meet, and the benefits aren't the greatest.
Pros
its a job?
Cons
Terrible Management, inadequate work to pay ratio

Ask a question about working or interviewing at At Home The Home Decor Superstore. Our community is ready to answer.