At Your Service Staffing Employee Reviews

love this job
Catering Waitress (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 24, 2018
when i was working for this company I saw some of the most beautiful things. I worked jobs in fine art and historic museums they were all so beautiful. i met top chefs and tasted some of the finest food boston had to offer
If you have A lot of patience then this is the job for you
Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 9, 2018
The management for this company is completely out of wack and overly sensitive. They don’t know actually where you need to be go your events but will tell you to wait for the client to come get you. But your standing on private property and if the head desk doesn’t know what event your talking about (and usually they do not know ) you will be asked to leave because it looks like you do not belong there. This was the problem I had at the Georgetown university location where I was running 30 mins late to. You can not get in the building unless you have a student card so I was running around the buildings for about 20 mins trying to get in i went to the library asked they didn’t know anything and wouldn’t let me in the building, went to another building got stop by security and asked he didn’t know anything about it, and then I finally fellows behind a student and got in but that’s where my instructions stop. I call AYS and whoever answered didn’t know where I needed to be either and they was going to call the client was hired us and tell them to meet me. Now it’s almost 9:00 and I had tons of trouble even getting into the building but know I need to wait for the client nobody else on campus knows about I told her I will give them 20 mins to meet me where I was due to the fact I am not a student and no one else but the supposed client knows I’m supposed to be here. All the while I waited I was approached by a different officer who ask about why I was here and she didn’t know anything about it and I told her my client was meeting me here and she said she’ll be back by then ( and  more... she was), then maintenance came asking the same thing and surprise surprise she didn’t know about the event either. So after that I decided it was best to leave being black on a campus I do not attend always raise eyebrows. Management made it seem like I was being rude to them on top of being late. But if you seen the amount of effort I put in to getting there and trying to actually work you would think otherwise. The company is the farthest from professional serving service I’ve seen and management need to not be runned by Little girls who get there feelings hurt when things seem problematic.  less
Pros
Hours, flexible
Cons
Management, Event locations
Official response from At Your Service Staffing
October 15, 2018

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry for your experience with us - it is not how we wish to make our employees feel! I would be happy to discuss with you further if you'd like to email me - karen.craig@aysstaff.com. We take all employee and former employee feedback seriously and will be sure to investigate and implement changes to make sure this does not happen again!

Karen

Productive and fun workplace
Waitress and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 29, 2018
I believe that the hardest Job is when you don't have a good correlation with your co-worker and understand each other. However, I absolutely agree on that I myself are the one who can fix this condition. Therefore, being a hardworker and have a good social skill with both co-workers and customers lead you to success and significant turnout on your profession.
Pros
Free lunch and break
Cons
Non-fix schedule
Love my co-workers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJanuary 29, 2018
It can go either way. Sometimes it is stressful environment and others it is nice and have downtime.
I have learned a great deal in the company and co-workers are always pleasing to ask questions too.
Workplace culture is very diverse and I enjoy that.
Hardest part of the job would have to be filling in a last min order.
Small Company - Room to Grow!
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Sayville, NYJanuary 29, 2018
Each employee is valued ten fold more than you would be in a large corporation and upper management takes great interest in your professional advancement!
Great Challenge!
Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 29, 2018
I have worked with At Your Service for a number of years now and definitely appreciate how my position here has challenged me - both in my career and in my every day life! The independence we are given at AYS to shape our locations and put our own spin on what we do is unmatched. Being in the hospitality industry means knowing that we live for the busy times of year (and put in extra hours then too). That being said, the company always makes up for extra hours put in by having us leave early in slow times of year. They even give us an extra week off at the end of each year to recharge and enjoy the holidays with our families! That in addition to an already generous PTO package really makes AYS stand our from other companies.
Pros
Pto, fun office environments, independence
Flexiable schedule
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  New York NYJanuary 9, 2018
flexible schedule, can pickup/drop shifts on as need basis. Dress code is mandatory clean shaven, clean clothiers, iron and pressed. Fine dining environment.
a side job your should always keep
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Sayville, NYDecember 18, 2017
a side job your should always keep, pay rates are good, and schedule is always based on your availability. And your get to work at different environment everytime
It wasn't to bad depending on the day
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 13, 2017
Depending on who you had to work with or for it was not bad, but there were times when things where extremely stressful and forgive the bad pun but too many cooks in the kitchen and what should be simple business decisions were made complicated by a dysfunctional hierarchy
Bad management
Medical Transporter (Former Employee) –  3537 Virgina st. Gary, In 46404October 28, 2017
In a busy environment of driving clients to and from various medical appointments, being on timelines with multiple clients in Van was nearly impossible especially for 9 dollars an hour. In saying that it didn't help that the company went out of business for fraud.
Pros
Driving meeting people
Cons
No type of advancement
great company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2017
the workplace is pretty awesome,working in your hometown arena really means alot. get to see all events games etc. the hardest part about this job would have to be the long periods standing.
fun work place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 18, 2017
Good company to work with. Just doesnt pay much money. And u dont get enough hours. This is a good company to work with if you are just getting started in the home health field.
Pros
free tee shirts
Cons
dont pay much
interesting workplace
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYFebruary 16, 2016
This was an interesting company because I was an independent contractor where I would be on call to go to different locations to do upholstery and carpet cleaning.
Not a bad job, very enjoyable if you like sports
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2016
a typical day consisted of dealing with both happy and disgruntled customers. Showing people to their seats making sure people were in the correct seats that they payed for. Crowd/ traffic control. Management was good for the most part. coworker were pleasant to work with never had any issues. the hardest part of the job for me was the travel to get there due to the fact I live in Joliet and had to travel to US Cellular stadium and the United center in Chicago the next hardest thing would have to be dealing with the often very hostile customers in a calm, professional and pleasant manner. The most enjoyable part was getting to watch the Bull/Blackhawks/Whitesox games that you worked.
Pros
Got to watch live sporting events and concerts
Cons
customers were hostile, would be directed at you whether you could help their situation or not
Fun place to work
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 19, 2015
every time i go to work it was a game like bulls basketball game or chicago black hawks and all the fans be so happy and makes me want to come to work everyday.
Fun. fast paced summerr job
Host (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2015
One of the most flexible jobs I ever had, I've experienced so much positivity working in this field. I learned how to interact with different individuals. As well as the important of delivering great customer service skills.
good except pay
Hostess/Waitress (Current Employee) –  London, OHDecember 12, 2015
they are well organized and you will get shifts but the pay is low. it is very flexible with when you want to work and they provide with training too. the bookers are very polite.
Typical Day Here
Waitress/Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2015
This is a catering service. So you go to different places to work as a waiter or server assistant.There can be long days and sometimes you get to work in your borough.
Fun job to be involved with.
Retailer/Butler/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 4, 2015
Love to deal with people, co workers, supervisors;
Productive and fun workplace. Love to be able to travel to different locations for events such as; Neuseum, Howard University College, Senate Building, IMF Building, Kennedy Center, National Harbor ect.
Pros
Free lunch or dinner
Cons
no health benefits
Productive work place
Caterer / Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2015
Catering is really fun. I have catered throughout New York City at places that were elegant and beautiful. Catering for Superbowl in 2014 was the best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at At Your Service Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.