At The Beach Tanning Salon Employee Reviews

Miserable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OklahomaFebruary 7, 2019
Honestly wouldn't recommend to anyone. Highschool drama, ridiculous favoritism, no meaningful advancement (managers make 11$ an hour for too much bs to justify it).
lack of customer relations
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 16, 2019
seemed like it was all about the money and selling clients items and packages above their means in order for company to rise financially not in quality of care to the clients. sold expired lotions. associates were expected to sell something to every customer or upgrade their memberships even if the beds that costs more were out of order. a very dishonest and non customer satisfaction oriented company
Pros
high commission before they dramatically lowered it
Cons
explained above
Corperate Sucks
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 15, 2018
It doesn't matter how much the pretend to care, the honestly don't. The disctict managers are all pretty decent and do what the can to help, but corperate is just a mess. They don't look out for the employees, get upset when numbers aren't met (but don't bother to help with requests such as advertising and functional equipment), and views everyone as a number. 90% of the people who sit up in corperate are rude and honestly don't care about helping you. The district managers can be a saving grace when everything is running into the ground. Truthfully, there are places that will value you as a person more. Its a great part time/in between job, but it's really hard to love your job and get things done right when the big guys just don't care.
Pros
50% off lotion, free tanning
Cons
No PTO or sick days for full time
Positive and fun workplace that I actually wanted to be there everytime !
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 7, 2018
My typical work day would start with opening the store myself and reviewing last night's sales and work. Count the drawer, organize everything on the desks in front of me. Sweep and mop the whole entire floor and each room as well clean all the trash cans. Fold all the towels and stock and product that needs stocked so my first tanner walks into a clean salon of course. I learned so much from ATB working there for three years. I learned all about tanning and the different beds that can do different things to your skin. There really is a whole science behind it and I absolutely love when I get to share what I know with a tanner who just didn't know she needed this or that , for example. The hardest part was the turnover rate at that time and keeping up with who works there and what manager is here now. I enjoy my customers and being able to help them out with their tanning experience and results.
Pros
Free Tanning, Commission, Good Hours
Cons
Bad Turnover rate, always a new district manager
Terrible awful the worst horrible ugh gross sick bad yick yuck yaughk puke
Market Trainer (Former Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 28, 2018
Do not work here. You will HATE it. The culture is abusive, dishonest, ignorant, totally void of logic. I was not allowed to take time off to go to the hospital and encountered serious health problems as a result. Managers steal employees commission and from deposits.
They are the worst place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 11, 2018
Awful this is the worst company to work for.. Dont ever work for at the beach! Dont waste your time just saying i dont know why i have to rate this company
Not worth it.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 25, 2018
You can work anywhere from open to 5pm by yourself. You are required to clean beds, take care of guest, laundry, sale, and inventory. You don’t get any breaks, you barely get the chance to run to the bathroom. You can’t sit down. Management has their favorites, which shows. The pay is not worth all the work.
Pros
Free tanning
Cons
No breaks or lunches.
Great atmosphere
Sales Associate/ Assistant Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Warr Acres, OKMarch 20, 2018
Love the constant smell of lotion and the fact there is always music playing for staff and customers. Dress code is "date ready" khaki bottoms and logo shirts.
Pros
Free tanning in beds (not spray tan) and discount on products
Cons
Must be date ready, have to be tan, cold calls, low pay and risk of skin cancer.
Terrible place
Assosiate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 25, 2018
This company is a terrible company to work for. I worked for the company for 2 years and was terribly mistreated from the corporate office to the regional and district managers. They don’t care about their employees and will pick on you over the smallest things and find the littlest things to write you up for until they can finally say they want to fire you. Overall it’s just a terrible and draining experience even with the customers when they can’t get what they want you’re constantly getting yelled at because corporate doesn’t have a direct line and they never return phone calls. It is very stressful!
Dont work here
Bed tech (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 13, 2017
When I worked here I cleaned the tanning beds. Which was fine. But then my manager would ask me to do things daily that werent apart of my job description and when I finally asked for a promotion or pay raise she wouldn't allow it.
Cons
You get what you put into it.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 9, 2017
A typical day began with opening the salon and doing regular daily duties. Setting up the equipment, counting the drawer, making sure everything is as it should be from the employee the night before since I was in a management position. I felt the culture was too laid back. More say as I do not as I do coming from the higher management. I come from a more professional background so I found it rather difficult to be so laid back. My experience comes from higher standards. Not a bad place just more for a type of personality that differs from my work ethics. I enjoyed my relationship with my customers the most. They counted on me to resolve problems and be entirely honest with them and I found this to be beneficial to maintaining there confidence with there experience with At the Beach.
Pros
work with people, small staff, laid back if you like that
Cons
high turn around rate, not consistent
typical job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Warr Acres, OKAugust 7, 2017
I started from the bottom and i had made some advancement at one of the more difficult stores. I had a lot of fun at this job and I would go back if the pay was better.
Pros
discounts, free tanning
Cons
a lot of drama, not that great of pay
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 13, 2017
Great atmospher and the staff are very knowledgeable and helpful. There is a lot of room to grow with the company. Base pay and commission. It's a awesome experience.
Pros
Good commission and free tanning
Cons
Sales pressure
Undesired
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 30, 2017
I loved this job when i first started. Then management began to take advantage of my kindness. I felt bullied and had my life turned upside down by this company. There is never a stable amount of employees and everyone seems hateful.
Fun upbeat tanning salon
Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 23, 2017
Fun place to work love the customers. Great tanning equipment products and competitive prices. Free tanning and discount on products. Training seminars for product knowledge.
Pros
Free tanning
Cons
Working by yourself when extremely busy
Fun but demanding at times.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 16, 2017
It can be fun learning about and speaking to your customers, but depending on where you are located you could be working alone most of the time. So you take every customer by yourself and clean every room by yourself so when you have a rush it can be quite demanding running back and forth and also dealing with customers at the same time. You bond with your customers because you do end up seeing most of them every single day.
Pros
50% off all lotion, free tanning
Cons
No breaks unless you have a shift change. Lots of bending over.
fun work environment with room for advancement. Your paycheck always depends on you.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 25, 2017
I learned to love my work place an advance in a company by accomplishing my goals. I learned how to work independently an resolve customers questions and concerns effectively.
Pros
Free tanning
Cons
Lots of over time due to high turn over
Neat place to work
Bed tech (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 6, 2017
Fun place to work if you like to be able to tan and do ladies fitness all in one. Although I enjoyed working there they could use more positive employees to help make the work environment more enjoyable
too good to be true and tan!
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAApril 1, 2017
it was the best job ever! I knew it was too good to be true, making $4,000-$5,000 a month managing a TANNING salon! but it was amazing while it lasted, they had to close down 7 or 8 of their California locations because they were ultimately not being honest with the contract explaining and were not obeying California labour laws.
Pros
free tanning, meeting and getting to know your regulars, big commissions and bonuses
Cons
other employees were not going through the whole contract, making me and other, honest employees, look bad as well.
Intense sales.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 10, 2017
Intense sales positions with hardly any work/ life balance. Low pay rates for level of difficulty and work output that is required. They don't work with you and you will find this job life consuming. No breaks. Ever.
Pros
Free tanning
Cons
No breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at At The Beach Tanning Salon. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9