ATA Retail Services Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNJanuary 20, 2018
I worked in customer service. Handled inbound phone calls from field workers and management. I also handled special projects. A very nice place to work.
Pros
Discounts on products sold
Cons
Health insurance very expensive
na
Go To Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 3, 2018
maintained impulse items at various grocery store chains on a weekly or bi weekly basis depending on the account. Also, oversaw sales and employees in my demographic area
Managed staff of 20 FT REps
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 1, 2017
Responsible for P & L across 8 states for Safeway, Kroger, Albertson's

HR-train hire coach staff

Great place to work. Management was very supportive
Pros
Enjoyed staff
Cons
Management sometimes was not reasonable on their time management projects
ATA Terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 15, 2017
They set unreasonable sales goals that are only accomplised by loading the stores and hid the excess inventory in the warehouse. In Columbus, one of the stores had over 20 boxes of goods that were ordered by past associates of ATA and stuffed in warehouses. My Manager was a good sole but was driven by time and sales.. To meet sales goals the ATA sales person had to cheat and order more than was necessary and stash it in the store back rooms.
Cons
great work for the right person in need
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 29, 2017
If you are district or supervisor, 30 - 40 hours but if you are representative level (vendor you will get maybe 12 -20 hours

Service happens regular each and you can not be late.
You are empowered to work on your own so it is your call most of the time. Morning hours are preferred by all accounts.

Store-accounts are demanding to keep you on schedule.
Nothing changes , same work, same time same accounts everyday !
Pay is low, no benefits.
mileage is only paid after 20 miles.
you also have reports to complete on line ..
time was never clearly paid or not paid when you are not in the store working.

I started when my children started school, working while they were at school and it was perfect !
Loved the job and most of the accounts were also great people !!
Pros
great for moms while kids are in school, great part time work close to your home
Cons
no car allowanance, low pay no benefits
Disorganized Chaos
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 20, 2017
Very poor compensation & mileage policy, ambitious program with unrealistic managerial expectations. Training was slim to none. Always complaining that either you don't have a big enough order OR the order is too big. Supervisor was a unorganized mess. Call you late in the evening to ask you questions. You can NEVER do anything right. You get blamed for everything, doesn't matter that you didn't do it. The equipment for ordering was ancient. It's just not a good company. Very money hungry. No benifits. Always questioned hours of work and mileage claimed. Very, very disorganized company.
Cons
Work at a medium pace your own supervisor
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMAugust 3, 2017
There is a territory support that walk you through all procedures to work independently. Customer support is good and they are a time restraint position. Have most computer data entry for this job.
Love this company
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 21, 2017
The best company I have ever worked for .The owner the head bosses all very involved and hands on. I love working for this company and every boss that have worked here.
Pros
You make your own hours
Throw the blame on the merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 13, 2017
I should have listened to the reviews that I read oh my God a terrible company to work for. Management will screw up and blame you, but the receivers in the stores know better.
Cons
independent work is a plus
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dutchess County, NYFebruary 26, 2017
I enjoyed being a merchandiser. It filled a need for a job with flexible hours while taking care of my terminally ill husband. My manager was wonderful.
Pros
flexibile hours
Cons
upper management had issues
Unrealistic expectations from management, program not always supported by client staff at retail level
Field merchandiser (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 4, 2017
Poorly organized, slow managerial responses to inquiries, and too much uncompensated time spent on data entry, project information review and product RTV. Difficult mileage policy has merchandisers bearing excessive travel costs. At the time I was employed (2013), they were running an overly ambitious merchandising program in addition to their normal clipstrip/j hook service. Both programs were not always supported by store staff on the retail level, especially unpopular with Recieving Clerks. Reset season in grocery locations were a disaster as clipstrips & j hooks were removed storewide, requiring extra time to reset. Time alotments for projects and minimum order requiements were unrealistic. Might be ok for entry level merchandisers, but "Pros" forget it.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
Lowest of the Supermarket Merchandising jobs!!
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee) –  New EnglandJanuary 12, 2017
Supermarket retail merchandising jobs are a dime a dozen. ATA would rank last in this category. Low pay, no raises ever given ever
Get your stores done on time, no excuses. No benefits whatsoever.
Time paid to put product up in the stores is never enough and you must give a reason why you were deficient. Stores were poorly merchandised and not a very good product line either. And don't get sick, have a family emergency or take any vacation time off. Just get your stores done on time. No wonder they have a huge turnover.
Pros
Cannot think of any
Cons
See my review. Not enough room here to list.
Unfair to employees, no raises, manager's rules keep changing!!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 27, 2016
I would not recommend this company to my worse enemy! one day you have 8 stores on your list to service for the week. You wake up the next day and you have only 1. The manager is able to take and give you work without warning. The manager also thinks it's ok to gossip...
Phone calls at anytime day, night, weekends... Whenever the supervisor or manager feels like.
Cons
No comunication, no raises, no benifits
very productive
Warehouse utilities associate (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CANovember 9, 2015
its busy year round, u can always make over time and we have fun holiday parties and you are able to win lots of prizes. managers are all very supportive in your work.
No heavy lifting hours flexible fun
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 17, 2015
Most days are pretty routine filling and ordering Then there are days when stores remodel and all stripclips are removed and dumped in milk crates so it takes a while to sort out Mangers are very helpful helpline is excellent
I enjoyed working for ATA, and was sorry to lose my job due to reduction of work
Merchandiser/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2015
My job at ATA was merchandising and supervising an area in my territory. I was in contact with about 6 merchandisers that reported directly to me via e-mails and cellphone daily. My duties as a supervisor were to make sure the merchandisers were completing their work on time, reviewing payroll, keeping up with company information and passing it on to the merchandisers. I would also do interviews and train new employees. I would occasionally work in the field with merchandisers to make sure they were merchandising their stores properly, writing credits as needed, damaging out unsellable merchandise, and to see if the store had any problems or requests. During my last year with ATA, I had been given the added responsibilities of mentoring 11 other supervisors in my territory in regards to overdue store services and recruiting requests. I enjoyed my work with ATA, both as a supervisor and a merchandiser. I could set my own schedule within company guidelines. I worked under a great territory manager, and had co-workers that made the job enjoyable. Management was readily available for questions and problems as they came up. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the distributions that the company would send out. I felt it was a bit much, and hard for inexperienced merchandisers to deal with.
In summary, I enjoyed my job with ATA. I learned a wealth of knowledge about merchandising and supervising people.
Pros
set your own schedule within company guidelines
Cons
raises were few and far between, no room for advancement
controlling hateful management and no benefits
picker (Former Employee) –  portland, tennesseeAugust 2, 2015
The management here is awful. They are rude, hateful and have potty mouths. They expect way to much out of one person for $8.50 a hour with no benefits ever. They also demand you to work overtime and you find out a hour before you leave. It is a issue for people with kids. The work was very easy but other than that it is not a career job. They have no future to grow in the company.
Pros
easy work
Cons
no benefits ever, controlling supervisors
I enjoyed my job
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 4, 2015
I put merchandise on clip strips in grocery stores and placed orders by computer for the merchandise to be put on strips.
Pros
This was a job where you worked on your own, and it was enjoyable
Cons
not enough hours available
An OK company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Unfortunately, there are no benefits at all with this company. Also, you are working within a time constraint which often is not enough. Don't expect much help from management either.
Pros
great work/ life balance
Cons
no benefits, no help from management, horrible time allotments
flexable work schedule
Supervisor - Job (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 17, 2015
This company has a very flexible work schedule. Hours have been cut so they don't have to pay benefits.
Pros
flexable work schedule
Cons
hours limited so they don't have to pay benefits