ATC Group Services Employee Reviews

Super productive and friendly work environment
CLERICAL (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2018
All of my coworkers made me feel comfortable and were super quick to help me whenever I didn't understand something. Great environment to work in. Very pleased with everything and everyone.
Productive job that enabled me to make more money that initially expected
Building Sciences- Industrial Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 26, 2018
The management and administrative support at the Novi, MI office was absolutely great for ensuring success on the job. All of the staff was extremely friendly and they all made sure that I had what I needed to succeed. My colleagues were all very experienced which helped a lot.
ATC offers a variety of options depending on your professional focus.
Project Geologist (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJuly 25, 2018
ATC can be a place to find professional development. However, not all aspects of the environmental, geotechnical, and construction industries are available in every office.
Work
Resident Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 11, 2018
I haven't been at ATC long enough to judge or rate them they do have tons of work an it's very easy to get shifts there pay isn't the best but you do get paid daily by choice
Pros
Daily pay
Cons
Low pay rate
Supportive, collaborative environment
Intern, Environmental (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 28, 2018
I am truly grateful for the opportunity to intern with this company. I would recommend ATC Group Services to anyone. Their relaxed, supportive environment, coupled with a high degree of professionalism makes this company shine in my opinion.
challenging but satisfying workplace
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 10, 2018
As an ATC direct support staff we assist people with disability.
The hardest part of the job is when the client doesn't like the staff and will give him a hard time. Our client despite their limitations, they have the ability to choose which staff they like to work with. If they are comfortable with the staff at first meeting then the job will runs smoothly otherwise the staff has to gain rapport with the client which would takes months to earn their trust. The best part is when our client is fully satisfied with our services.
Pros
very flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits
ATC is a cool place to work people there are very nice
Asbestos project monitor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2018
ATC is a cool place to work people there are very nice and Respectful just very outgoing. when you walk in the office they make you feel at home greeting you with open arms and love.
Favoirtism and Nepotism run rampid
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAApril 22, 2018
You are given 15 days pto per year, however, must have bosses permission. Also, my boss asked about doctors appointments and why so many(once a month). This is illegal and this manager who claims to be HR for the branch should have known better to ask me that. Now I'm working in unhealthy fear. They are cheap in paying their field techs who work in hazardous areas(asbestos, lead, etc) and get sick a lot. This is the main reason I want to leave.
Toxic Work Environment
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 12, 2018
The office setting in the Beaumont, TX office is toxic. It all starts and ends with management. Unprofessional and has lack of shill for position. Upper management has no concern for turnover.
Pros
Cons
pay, environment
Horrible
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  UndisclosedMarch 17, 2018
Management is disrespectful and unprofessional. There is rampant nepotism and favoritism. There's no sense of pride or enjoyment, and pettiness just removes any fulfillment the job should hold.
Cons
Micromanagement, poor morale
Low Morale, Low wages, Extremely high turnover rate.
CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2018
I was there a few years ago, it was a very depressing place.

The Indianapolis office had a turnover rate that was higher than McDonald's/Burger King. And most of the people that left had 10+ years of service at that office. (They also took clients with them) That office went through a very serious brain drain.

ATC has a notorious reputation for low wages.

With a climate and business plan like that, I don't know if that office will survive in the long run.
Pros
some good people work there.
Cons
Low pay, Low morale, extremely high turnover rate, dead end place to work
Pool Table, Table Tennis, Supportive Environment
Branch Administrator/Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 6, 2018
This company does offer tuition reimbursement. During my time at this company I learned a new software platform, and supported the staff for three of the offices, I worked with great people, including the regional manager. In addition to the great kitchen space that I helped design, there is a pool table in the breakroom.
Pros
working with great people
Cons
compensation could be better
Great people with a lot of experience and knowledge.
Indoor Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 2, 2018
I enjoy working with ATC. We have a great group of knowledgable people. The work is always different and exciting. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a great place to work.
Good workplace to learn construction testing business
STAFF ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 28, 2018
In needs of new technicians, a lot of chances to advance career development in construction testing and consulting business. Despite the recent turnover, management stays pretty consistent with technicians in the management system.
Slow paced and not about their employee's
Staff Scientist (Current Employee) –  Northeast CorridorDecember 6, 2017
Summary says it all. I'm expecting heads to start to roll due to a general lack of work. The company as a whole seems to not care about their employees but only about their bottom line.
good job
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  TXNovember 2, 2017
This was agreat job that I enjoyed very much. It was challenging and a great learning environment. Team work was solid with great leadership and compensation.
rather not say
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 24, 2017
come in, work hard, and go home

i am not going to write anything of substance here. I have other things that i should be working on at this time. have a nice day.
Very productive workplace and great people.
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 17, 2017
One of the best job i've ever had. The management is great and very concerned about the well being of employees. The work flow is very good and the company provides a great life/work balance.
Pros
People, Clients, Salary, Pto
Good work enviorment
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 26, 2017
Typical day at work could be a dynamic day. Benefits are good, work environment and the coworkers are nice. It has given me the opportunity to improve about project management.
Good atmosphere for work
Hygiene specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJune 14, 2017
According to my experience and capabilities, I consider myself to work in another position where I can better serve the community and personally improve.