ATC Healthcare
73Above average

ATC Healthcare Employee Reviews

United States220 reviews
I love working with the company and love my coworkers. They provide that support you need from a team in the work environment. Overall GREAT experience!
While the pay rate is higher than some other agencies, the management has no clue on how to operate a business and/or communicate with employees. They will nag you to work unfilled/unwanted assignments and withhold other assignments that you *are* able to work, if you can't/won't work the assignments *they* want you to work. The point of per diem is flexibility... but they only care about their business interest in nursing, nothing else.
Pros
More $$
Cons
Dealing with incompetent management
Office staff is nice as long as you do what they say, but they are nasty to you the minute you don’t agree with them. You also have to watch your money closely because they will cheat you. They dock you $4 an hour if you’re late to an assignment even if you are lost and have trouble finding the place. They will lie to you so don’t trust any of them.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Management is awful
ATC has worked with me and my needs as an employee. They have been understanding and have given me the schedule that works for my family.pay is fair and on time.
I worked this company a couple of years ago and loved them. The whole office staff was fantastic, super helpful, and always available when I needed to speak with someone. They were consistent and scheduling shifts was easy. Great company!
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
great people great owners, very caring, and helpful, expect nothing but the best they work with you and help you understand there charting and what they expect. I have really grown.
lovely company to work for all about the safety of their employees, call to check on you. The pay is wonderful. The people I have met is great it’s a second family.
When I applied for this position I didn't really know what ATC was, so when I received a very casual text from them a few days later asking if I was still interested I was a bit confused. The process from there got even weirder. When I said I was interested, he then texted me a list of documents he needed from me including a copy of my driver's license, SS card, nursing license, etc. Since he never explained the company, the hiring process, what to expect from the job, I never talked to him over the phone (only text or email), and there was no interview at all; then asking for those documents from me right off the bat was really odd to me. I tried asking him to explain the company and hiring process to me and it was like pulling teeth. I never got the detailed description I wanted, he would give me bits of information as we went. Very frustrating. But I was intrigued by the ability to make my own schedule and the ability to work in numerous settings whenever the need arose. So I continued with the company. My first assignment (which was also my first ever job as a nurse) was at a long term care facility. They pretty much just told me the address and when my shift would be, nothing else. So when I got there, the facility assumed I'd know what I was doing and gave me a brief tour and expected me to function entirely on my own for my whole night shift even though I'm fresh out of school. I was able to get a nurse to stay and help a little longer, thankfully. But, I'd say ATC creates unsafe situations for facilities by sending untrained/new nurses out to random places that they - more...
I enjoy the flexibility of hours and places to go. I go to different places to assist with care for the patient. I also chart the intakes and outputs. I also help with feeding and assist with range of motion.
This company places you with people who behave terribly and doesn't warn you ahead of time. They gave me a client with drinking problems and didn't warn me in advance.
Not a bad place to work at at all. Unfortunately the company culture is horrible. If you want to be overworked, underappreciated and micromanaged then this is the place for you. The Branch Manger is very unprofessional and disrespectful. She does not lead by example at all
Pros
flexible work hours.
Cons
No benefits. Favoritism as family members work for the company
At first you are great, new blood, new creative ideas. Pure joy.
You are offered a flexible schedule, asked to work hard and take on additional responsibilities as soon as you are ready. You are motivated and respected. You start noticing that the other employees are not treated as politely and respectfully as you. At first it doesn't bug you. You get all the support you need, all the tools to learn the job. You get to participate in company's parties and after-hours hangouts. It's awesome. That one other person though, is still getting poor treatment from the management. It lingers in the back of your head, but you carry on because you love the job and you're good at it. Time passes by, that other employee gets more frustrated, is openly disrespected, cannot do anything right and fears for their position in the company. Even though that on employee was the perfect one before you got there. But now you are the ideal employee and they are wrong about pretty much everything. That person is tired of it all and quits their job. Now you are wearing all the hats at work, because you don't have enough people. You're doing personal favors for the management, taking your private time help out, because you simply care. Still carrying on, because you still love what you do. You cannot do it all, definitely not getting paid to do it all. You find another employee and BAM!!! Same story starts happening to you. They are great, and you don't seem to be doing anything right anymore. This pattern happened to two other people beside me. One day I just got fired for no reason. A box full of my
 - more...
Don’t work here in Thomasville GA (525 Cassidy Rd) they will leave you by yourself. Staff calls out very much, NO HELP. The RNs’ don’t want assist if you’re alone; also the staff on Female but you’ll have 10 women and you’re the only ONE worker, no one supposed to help. Also they take people with DEMENTIA, HIV AIDS & HEP C. They take anyone and in the policy they don’t supposed to have that.
Official response from ATC Healthcare
March 30, 2020
ATC is a national staffing company with over 35 years of healthcare staffing experience. Our offices are working very hard during this pandemic to address all of the onboarding and staffing concerns of our clients. We work collaboratively with our clients to improve the process of staffing for this facility. Please reach out directly to us so that we can try to help resolve the issues you raise. Thank you for bringing your concerns to us
Great ppl to work for but can go for periods of time with not much good work to choose from. I have been with this company 10 years. I love them but I need more work and more stability. Also, if I needed a bank loan or wanted to buy something like a house, I’m sometimes excluded bc my income fluctuates. I have made as little as $30k/year and as much as $67k per year with this company in the 10 plus years I’ve been there
I have worked at ATC for 6 years and it has been the best company I have worked for. They have given me numerous work assignments that have been the most rewarding experiences in my 30 years of being a nurse. I have worked at many different schools as a school health room nurse. I have learned a great many things that have helped in my nursing duties as the schools are so diverse in how they do day to day operations. I also have learned to appreciate many diverse cultures in the schools I have worked in as nurse. I have enhanced my personal abilities as a nurse and as a person after having worked with so many diverse individuals and work cultures. I love working with the students and I have worked well with school staff who have appreciated be as a nurse and as a positive mentor for students. I have also worked as a nurse for other ATC assignments such as a hospice nurse and as an assisted living facility nurse. The jobs I have worked with ATC have been the greatest of my entire nursing experience.
Pros
Great work assignments.
Cons
Not enough assignments such as clinics and hospitals.
Unprofessional staffing agency. Pay is minimal travel is exceffive without compensation, nice thing is to they are family owned and operated. Gave me my first job when relocating from the north but pay is poor lots of Medicare and Medicaid cases available.
management doesn't talk to each other. No one knows what is going on. they will tell you one thing for the pay and then you wont get paid that amount. If you don't keep your screen shots they will not honor it.
Overall not a bad place to work but limited opportunities My experience was not bad but eventually no work assignments dried up apparently. Nice accessible recruiters.
Pros
Friendly and professional.
Cons
Not going salary rate at the time.
Great management, Great pay for most jobs. Flexible, reliable, great team work. I've worked here for 2 years now. I can honestly say I plan on being a employee with this company as long as Serve as a Nurse. I've turned down several offers because they cant match what ATC gives.
Pros
Mileage is paid, Great pay Great Job offers
Cons
cant leave the school for lunch
Took care of residents in their home, doctor appointments, cleaned homes, visited them, made sure took meds etc. I was there to help them when they needed stuff to be taken care of made food, grocery shopping etc.
I worked for this co for about 18 mos. the hiring process was a bit tedious and redundant I had to pay for EVERYTHING uniforms, tb test, influenza shots, parking. No reimbursement for mileage. Management often seemed a bit gruff but will keep you working if you are committed and responsible. Health insurance is a joke better off with Obama Care. Pay just increased from 11.50/hr to 13/hr back in 2018
Official response from ATC Healthcare
February 4, 2020
Thanks for your comments. As far as health insurance is concerned we did change the structure and benefit menu in 2019 and there are lots of reasonable priced benefits to choose among. For example, three different medical plans, stand alone dental, vision, disability, life insurance, accident and critical illness as well as behavioral health programs. You can enroll for yourself, your kids, spouse or entire family. We also have tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with an employer contribution. Come revisit ATC and call me if you have any questions. Helaine Fox, 516-750-1699 or hfox@atchealthcare.com
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATC Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9