ATHENA Consulting

ATHENA Consulting Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA13 reviews
I worked for Athena for les than a year as it was a consulting placement agency for the Maryland DHHS.
Athena was good at placing me on the job at MDOT but was hesitant to relocate me to another assignment when asked. I found another position through another company which is why I left. The Athena staff was pleasant to deal with, but the salaries were lower than expected.
Pros
open lines of communication
Cons
salary
I was sent to a great working environment where I was able to exercise my expertise. Orientation was provided immediately and coaching is on an ongoing basis.
Pros
Professional atmosphere
I'm keeping my opinion to myself. The pay, job title and position do not correspond. The contract is good, but the other co-workers on contact leave you wondering if they went to school at all.
During my contract, I had the opportunity to work for the Area on Aging Adult Waiver program. My direct manager was very knowledgeable of Social Services and provided great supervision to enhance my skills in the Social Services field.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the program participants.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
This company is a contracting agency that was very diligent in securing job placement. They were very professional and supportive during my job placement that I had through them. They offered a benefits package to contractual employees which was definitely beneficial to me during my tenure with this company. My actual placement was great and the experience that I gained provided a great opportunity for me to grow professionally.
All contact through emails and telephone calls.
The office had a very friendly dog that would greet you at the door. Very friendly touch.

The office staff is very quick to answer questions and helpful when needing information.
It is a relaxed and comfortable environment. A nice place to work. The people are welcoming and the pay is decent. Management is very supportive and attentive.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
No paid holidays
If you have great customer service skills, great opportunity to help people acquire insurance. Helpful to speak multiple languages as many people are of different ethnic backgrounds .
Working under Athena was okay to work for but their pay was low for me since I had been there for three years they did give a raise at all. But I still stayed at the job until a better one came along.
Pros
Need more monry
Cons
Na
Athena assigned me to work at the Area on Aging Waiver program and the work culture was diverse, balanced and professional. A typical day at work included client interaction; problem solving and strategic planning. The hardest part of the job was finding participants home due to them living in areas that were not updated on google maps. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the program participants and external stakeholders.
Pros
Flex Pay Benefitd
Cons
healthcare, vacation/sick leave
You are placed with organizations they contract with and are supervised by those companies. You report to work at the same time as employees, do the same work as employees but are not an employee of the company you are placed with.
Pros
Good way to enter an organization and network, Athena is professional
Cons
You are not an employee with the same rights and benefits as the agency you are placed with.
Report to my assignment and complete my work
I learned more about CRM software

The hardest part about the job is that when my assignment ended the agency had nothing else available, and still didn't after about 2 months
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Have more jobs/assignments available