ATHENE Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced, strong work eithic, collaborative environment, nice environment
HR Partner Consultant (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 12, 2018
Athene is a rapidly growning annuity/investment company. Established company with a good reputation that opperates like a tech start-up... nimble.
Managment has a liberal open door policy and collaborative nature.
Pros
Nice environment, collaborative
Hated it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 2, 2018
Worse place to work of want advancement opportunities. You won’t get them. You’re literally a pawn to them. They could care less about you or your person
Work Culture is stressful
Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 11, 2018
Management is all over the place. Teams are constantly broken up and rebuilt. Employee turnover was extremely high. With the exception of a few people, work life was overly stressful.
Contact Center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 25, 2018
if not looking for advancement it is ok....if you want to move up, look elsewhere. Was not enjoyable, lots of promises made, not much for follow through....other area of company might be better.
Cons
Welcoming Culture. Challange Driven.
Work Force Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 7, 2018
It was fun to work at Athene because I was solving problems 24/7. Only around 30% of the job mas repetitive and I loved the people I worked with. Team work and communication skills are a must.
Mandatory Overtime, Weekends and No Holidays off on Quarters
Actuarial Associate (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 1, 2018
If you plan to work in actuarial doing valuation plan to work the weekends and holidays on the quarters. No overtime pay either. The extra time you put in will not be appreciated. Poor planning and direction from upper management.
Pros
The building in nice
Cons
low pay
Guessing game
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 14, 2017
You will be told one thing and then it will be switched to something else. There are some awesome people who work there. But there are also some very dreadful managers. They aren't very clear on what they want from their reps and when you don't achieve it they will make you feel bad for it.
Pros
Beautiful building
Cons
The people who are in charge
Productive, fast-pace environment
Suitability Representative (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 8, 2017
A great place to work, especially the management that support your position. You never have to worry if they have your back. Always willing to help with any questions.
Pros
Nice workout room and flexibility with their hours
Cons
Not enough advancement and low pay
Violent Environment
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 29, 2017
Violent culture. Be prepared for yelling matches in meetings. Simply put do not work here unless you literally cannot pay the bills.
Go into a meeting and yell at each other over who can do what.
Be told what do by a supervisor then get yelled at for doing it by someone else. It's a literal zoo.
Pros
Cons
It is in existence
sucks
Senior Finance Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IANovember 6, 2017
Everyone has goals; if nothing else, to obtain the physical necessities of life: food, water and whatever clothing and shelter are made necessary by the climate. But the leisured aristocrat obtains these things without effort. Hence his boredom and demoralization.
Athene USA
ADMIN ASST OF IT (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 25, 2017
Great place to work with good benefits, great team work, and a lot of fun employee events. They focus on your career advancement and show an interest in work and personal life balance.
Fun and professional work place
Post Issue Processor (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAAugust 31, 2017
Love my time at Athene. Very professional and does everything to help our customers. Also has a lot of employee engagement activities/events. Great place to work!
oddest environment work in
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 18, 2017
oddest environment I've ever tried to work in; atmosphere dictates extreme reluctance to change regardless of the laws that require the changes, a lot of good intentions with actions much like beating your head against a cinder block wall.
Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 12, 2017
Worked on the FP&A team creating presentations and analyzing investment data. In addition, worked on plans and quarterly forcasts on both STAT and GAAP ledgers.
Just no
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMarch 4, 2017
If you work in a dofferent deart other than their call center then yes this is a great job. Call center, no. You will get yelled at, your self esteem woll get destroyed. And managmeent will not assost you. Half they time they are no where to be found. Also do not plan on missing any work or taking care of your kids. You can miss 6 days unplanned and after that, you will lose your job.
Pros
Beautiful building
Cons
Do not get me started
Positive Internship Experience
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 9, 2016
I preface this review by stating I worked in the marketing department and can only speak for my experience in that department.

Management is supportive and wants to ensure you get the most out of your internship. I was able to explore my interests and have developed some great skills that I'll be able to carry with me going forward. The one caveat is that you have to be proactive and engaged to ensure you get the most out of the experience.
Pros
Co-workers are great, welcoming environment, nice campus
Cons
Limited opportunity to turn internship into full-time gig
Somewhat positive experience
Senior Suitability Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IANovember 9, 2016
I enjoyed working for Athene, however the management was not well put together and we often worked multiple hours of overtime in the new business department.
Enjoyable Place to work
Executive Assistant - Finance & Tax (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 28, 2016
My days were busy at times but I would say about 80% of the time I had little to do. the people are wonderful to work with, I just needed to look for something more dependable and a job that would keep me more involved and engaged 100% of the time.
Pros
cafeteria and workout facility
Cons
position was not satisfying
Athene
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 19, 2016
The training was 3 weeks and after training they don't help you. They expect you to learn everything in 3 weeks. If you asked ?'s you would get a stared down. The company picks and choose who they want to work there. I thought I really liked at first then I was very disappointed by the end results. The management wasn't as good and my manager didn't seem to like me. I would be careful if you choose to work for them.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not long enough lunches
Reliable place to work
Annuity Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 5, 2016
Fast paced work environment where the top priority is the customer and their investment experience. Management can be difficult.