Atheneum Partners

Working at Atheneum Partners: 31 Reviews

managementworkpeopleteamcompanyemployeeopportunityfriendly

Fast paced, competitive work environment

Atheneum is an extremely competitive work environment where employee performance is broadcast on live flatscreen televisions around the office. The entire motive behind the associate role is to make money, and they do not sugar coat it. There is a horrible work life balance here, and people are not paid nearly enough to do the tasks that will eventually be asked of them.

Terrible mood. Do not work hear unless you are desperate

Terrible work culture. Stuck in the old fashion way of businessLong Hours (unpaid) Extremely high objectives No space to work at the officeManagement is inexistent

Atheneum Partners insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Inclusive work environment

Top notch

Top notch competitive intelligence consultancy with strong reputation in the industry doing truly value-added work. Opportunities for even junior team members to directly interface with major clients.

Very good

Good amount of diversity amongst employeesOpportunities for bonusesFriendly coworkersPlenty of learning opportunitiesNice staffSet schedule equals a good work/life balanceGreat company culture

Rapidly progressing

I haven’t been here long yet, but I’m already pleased with the progress I’ve made. The support from staff and management has been instrumental in my success, and I’ve already learned so much in a short amount of time. I’m looking forward to progressing at Atheneum for the next few decades.

No downsides

Good team, interesting work, plenty of room for growth, bonuses, no overtime necessary, professional management, pleasant work environment. No negatives that I can recall, except that work could get repetitive but that’s the nature of it.

Some great people but wouldn’t recommend overall

Job responsibilities become monotonous over time and you quickly realize you are a middleman more than anything else. Not the ideal place to build hard skills and only prepares you for exit opportunities in sales

Model managers

Thank God for management that gives a feedback about their employees. I’ve seen so many companies with managers that are too lax and don’t follow through with any of their promises. At Atheneum, they’ve found the perfect balance between having high expectations and facilitating success. Lazy employees get cut quick, while employees who show initiative are rewarded. This is the way every company should be run.

Very pleasantly surprised!

I’ll be the first to say that I never saw myself as the research analyst “type.” But, as it goes, money was tight, and I needed a job. When I saw that I had the opportunity to work in an industry that would get me a career, I decided to give it a shot. Turns out, I made the right choice!I had NO experience starting out. Zero. But I got the hang of it quickly, and turns out I’m actually a better research analyst than I thought I’d be! The pay here is excellent. It’s more money than I’ve ever made, and I love having the stability of a consistent paycheck. Overall I’m glad I gave this job a shot, it surprised me in a great way!

Flexible, rewarding

*The job provides me with the flexibility to maintain my work/life balance while earning a good salary.*Colleagues are down-to-earth and hardworking.*Work is interesting and rewarding.*Get a first-hand look into the industry on a global level.

I love my coworkers

My coworkers are some of the friendliest people I’ve ever met!Management can be sticklers sometimes but they’re not that bad. They definitely show appreciation for hard-working employees, which helps keep morale high. I know I appreciate some accolades for my efforts!

Let the good times roll

I’ve loved working for Atheneum Partners. It’s not perfect, but what company is? All I know is that I work with a great group of people who make me look forward to coming into work every day. We may be at work, but we’re always having a good time.

My experience at Atheneum

My experience at Atheneum was wonderful! The team was comprised of a group of wonderful, intelligent people, and the work itself was straight-forward. Atheneum is an international company, so you get to meet people from all over the world. I’ve never worked with anyone outside of the U.S. and it was interesting to get an insight into what was happening on the other side of the globe.

Review

-The job is easy to learn, no previous experience required-Plenty of room for upward mobility within the company-Fun activities for employees-Management is involved and caring

A nice family atmosphere

The intimate office setting makes for a real family atmosphere. You get to collaborate with your peers and get to know everyone on a personal level. I appreciate having made so many great friends at Atheneum whom I can also rely on as coworkers.

Wish I could get those years of my life back. Avoid them like the plague.

Incompetent, arrogant ex consultant bros and witches, looking to exploit everyone and everything. Just truly awful people.Do yourself a favour. Give it a miss.

Pros

Cons

Toxic leadership. Abuse. Zero accountability. Low pay. Lies.

Buen ambiente laboral en empresa joven

La empresa tiene un buen ambiente, es jóven y dinámica y ofrece eventos para todos sus empleados en forma mensual.Se trabaja rápido y con sistema de bonos, lo que puede no ser para todos. Pero se aprende rápido!Llevo más de dos años acá y lo recomiendo completamente.

Pros

Buen ambiente, eventos

Cons

puede ser un trabajo monotono

No es un buen lugar para trabajar

No es un buen lugar para trabajar. Es un ambiente estresante con muy pocos beneficios. No lograrás aprender nada, ya que es un trabajo muy facil de hacer. El ambiente y cultura de laboral la definiría como tóxica, mucho gossip y poco compañerismo. Alta prepotencia y falta de educación. Por ningun motivo recomiendo trabajar acá.

Fast paced performaced based job with many tasks.

The workplace culture is really nice and most people are friendly. The nature of the job depends on which team you are assigned to. Management plays favorites and will help out those they like and give difficult work to those they do not like. It is a sales type job but you are no actually selling anything you are setting up calls. The company has some unethical practices when it comes to compensating experts that have been in consultations sometimes forgetting to pay them or having an error with payment and not making sure it went through.

A very bad place to work

Atheneum is not a nice place to work at all. During the job interview, they show you this opportunity as an important job with high valuable tasks, but the truth is that you will end doing a job similar to a call center operator. A job that could be easily replaced with a macro or an algorithm (yes, believe it!). You have to conduct too many calls and send emails as a machine to be considered "productive", with no time to rest or learn anything new. That's the only thing that you will do during a normal day. There is no consulting or research work, don't believe them! Is more similar to a seller. Except if you can obtain a higher role with client-facing. The office is a small room. There are too many people in a tiny place, computers are too old, and it is really too loud. There is no privacy at all. Enclosed space. Issues hearing, when all the chairs are full. Also, they will ask you to use your own social networks (like WhatsApp, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.), and even your cellphone for job purposes, while at the same time ban you to use it for personal use (yes, your own phone!). Also, they will ask you nicely to monitor the expert interviews on times outside normal working hours, very late or early morning. So basically, you will never disconnect from work. Account managers aren't real managers. While some other members do a proper job, the account managers will read magazines, newspapers, check social networks, call their couples and waste time. But they will threaten you in front of all if you take a few minutes to relax. They have very arrogant manners to treat others, -

Great company to start career

It is a great company that has a lot of opportunities to grow on a career and develop several skills. It is a KPI driven company but has a good company culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atheneum Partners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits