Athens Clarke County Employee Reviews

Productive Environment
Building Inspector II (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 9, 2018
I really like the people and the work. The opportunity for advancement is significant and the environment is very professional.

Training is available to those who will apply themselves.
Good first job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Athens-Clarke County, GAApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed working as a Clarke County lifeguard. It was pretty relaxed, but it was a good about of hours (averaged about 34 per week) at a $8 per hour salary.
Great Work Environment
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMarch 7, 2018
Very good place to work. Management was very good and the atmosphere at a whole was great. Each division has its own pros and cons but the Public Utilities Department was one of the best departments to work in.
Pros
Culture, environment and the people
Cons
Competitive pay
Good place
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, GADecember 27, 2017
The people were nice and friendly and that made it a pleasant place to work. I would recommend it to anyone thinking about applying for a job with the department.
A great place to work. Good people too.
Traffic Signal Technician Level II (Current Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 16, 2017
The traffic signals division is a great place to work. Not much stress, a get the job done safely and efficiently. Being on call is a must. Minimal paperwork, mostly work orders.
Pros
Relaxed. Get the job done.
Cons
Minimal way to advance
I loved the department
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 7, 2017
ACCPD is an awesome place to work. I only left due to personal reasons that had nothing to do with the department. It just wasn't something I could work out and I had to leave the state.
good place to start career
DIVISION ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 18, 2017
typical government work, good place to learn how municipal/local government works. Average health insurance. adequate paid time off. standard work week.
Pros
comprehensive benefits
Cons
work culture, compensation
Great Benefits
Sr. Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 6, 2017
The insurance, although it goes up every year, is good. The county does a lot towards the health and wellness of it's employees and provides a lot of benefits not available through other workplaces.
Low-growth environment
Diversion Center Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Athens-Clarke County, GAJune 4, 2017
Corrections is a very low-growth environment for individuals with a passing interest in law enforcement. It is a hostile environment where inmates seek to undermine staff, and without adequate emotional and interpersonal skills, staff can be easily susceptible to manipulation. If you can overcome these things, you can excel.
Pros
Shift work offers flexibility
Cons
Hostile environment and limited advancement opportunities
great company
Intake Clerk (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAFebruary 28, 2017
I loved working here, a great group of people with genuine love and support for one another. When I was sick, I never received any discipline or write ups for calling in.
productive place to work
Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAFebruary 28, 2017
I met great people working here and received great training.Management was encouraging and offered their support when you needed family leave. I received on the job training.
Honesty, Integrity, Courage, and Respect
Record Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAFebruary 9, 2017
> A typical day at work involves me answering emails, phone calls, and questions regarding peoples' training records and requests.
> Being my unit's first Records Tech, I had to teach myself a lot of what my job has become today. In addition to learning the personalities and preferences of 3 immediate bosses and 8-10 higher up supervisors, I am also responsible for tracking the training records of 230 officers.
> My unit also manages newly hired officers. Being the secretary for this unit, I am the first "line of defense" for the new officers. In a given year, I have assisted in the managing of 20-50 officers during their first year of training. I am there for them every step of their training, receiving weekly updates about their progress in the academy, on the road, or in our department's training course.
> The workplace culture of the Athens-Clarke County Police Department is like none other. Everyone, from the Chief to the janitors are kind, helpful, and open. Our department has a very strong "Transparency Policy" to ensure that all employees abide by our moral ethical code of conduct when interacting with the public, other county entities, and among ourselves.
> The hardest part of my job is dealing with individuals who can be lack-luster and unmotivated in the workplace. A career professional should always strive to be the best they can be in life, especially at work, putting their best foot forward and allowing others around you to assist in your success.
> The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the new officers flourish into being successful and dedicated
  more... men and women of law enforcement. From their first day of hire to their exit interviews, these individuals grow and learn so much about their capabilities. It has been very encouraging for me to watch this process over the past almost 3 years I've been here.  less
Pros
Supportive employers, comparable benefits, encouraging work environment.
Cons
Dealing with disgruntled public, low-paying salary, little room for advancement in a civilian position.
Nice Place to work
Neighborhood Service Officer/ (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 13, 2017
Nice Place to work, I love the people, the new Chief is awesome. Great Training, work place is wonderful just not enough pay.
Athens Clarke county
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Athens, GA 30606October 18, 2016
On a typical day I would teach the kids the lesson plan that the teacher had previously left.I would take them to specials and lunch.
facilities management
Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 3, 2016
great job.. takes care of employess and never on your back all day.. Great job with great benefits! good people to work with on daily basis
Pros
everything
Cons
raises
Laid back work environment
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 27, 2016
Duties: Requisition review and purchase order entry and management. Supplier database management. Contract management.

Very friendly co-workers and family-oriented environment. This is an easy job, with free-time for research and educational activities.
Pros
No stress
I like ACCPD
Financial/Cyber Crimes Detective (Current Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 17, 2014
Great place to work, pay and benefits not competitive with Metro Atlanta.
Good benefit package, but no chance of advancement
Maintenance Worker 2 (Current Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 3, 2014
I have been reduced from being a skilled tradesman to a general laborer.
Fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Athens, GADecember 7, 2012
Answering multi-phone line, co-workers were easy to get along with. It was fun riding around with the detectives and police officers.
Pros
this job did not interfer with my school work/studies