Athleta Employee Reviews

Fantastic Place
Sales Technician (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CODecember 20, 2018
Athleta is such an amazing company to work for. The product sells itself and all you have to do as am employee is be friendly, considerate, and willing to help and you will succeed. The management was phenomenal and cares about who we are as people and I think that is what makes us work best together. I cannot praise the management more--they are GREAT. There is also no small drama between the team; everyone is always so genuine and nice.

Even the values of the company are unbeatable. They are really a great company.
January 10, 2019

We are so thrilled to hear of your experience in Lone Tree, CO. At Gap Inc., part of our management framework is talent development and we are happy to hear of the guidance and support you have received from your leaders. Thank you for leaving a review!

Amazing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2018
I love athlete amazing work environment, the managers are so helpful the team is amazing to work with. Honestly anyone who works here will be very happy.
January 10, 2019

We're so happy to hear this! Thank you for sharing your experience on our team in Houston, TX.

It’s high school all over again
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2018
I worked in the Lexon Mall area and this organization for this location is all over the place. There a lot of favoritism, lot of the blame game for new employees, a lot of young managers who don’t know how to lead. It’s definitely a temporary position if your not click up with one of the managers your toast. The pay is low there customers can be down right rude to you if they wish. Get in and get out it’s not a long time career goal but the discounts are great. Plus there multiple ways to commute.
Pros
Discounts, easy to get to commute
Cons
Poor management, favoritism, low pay
December 21, 2018

We’ve read your review and are disappointed to hear your feedback. We understand our leaders play a vital role in the experience of our employees. We provide many resources and trainings as part of our mission to set all employees up for success. We’ll keep your feedback in mind as we work to improve our training programs and drive positive change at all levels of our company.

Fun and great atmosphere to work in
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 13, 2018
We love coming to work where we empower each other as women and girls, selling a product we wear and love! Customers are always excited to come in and see what’s new!
Pros
Fantastic staff
Cons
Slow advancement
December 6, 2018

This is what we love to hear! We work hard to create a workplace where everyone is welcomed and supported. We are so happy to hear of your experience, thanks for sharing!

Fun workplace with great mission
Athleta Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynnfield, MAOctober 9, 2018
Love working with the customers and associates. Much has changed in last 2 years regarding job duties and hours given to each team member. Management takes advantage of certain people. Could be a great store to work for, they need to start recognizing employees more as people not as numbers.
Love what Athleta stands for with Empowering women from all walks of life!!
Was told I'd have sufficient time to get my work done 7-9 hours, most weeks I actually only get 1.5-2 hours.
Pros
discount, great insurance
Cons
lack of training of expectations, only give raises "up to 3%" and you are not guaranteed an increase
October 17, 2018

We have read your feedback regarding scheduling and we understand this can be a pain point for some of our store employees. We are constantly working to improve how we staff our stores in order to make sure that we're putting our time, talent, and energy in the right places at the right times. Thank you for leaving a review, we appreciate your feedback.

Fun place to work although hard for my family life.
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 8, 2018
I have enjoyed working at Athleta but has taken a toll on me missing out on so many of my kids activities. The product is easy to sell and the customers are wonderful.
Pros
Discount
workplace culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, CO 80124October 8, 2018
We have a fantastic group of highly educated, highly motivated, energetic, friendly and fun employees. The managers are amazing, helpful and not micro-managers.
Our clientele love to come in shopping because we offer a knowledgable and fun atmosphere.
October 17, 2018

We love hearing experiences like this! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about working on our team in Lone Tree, CO.

not an ideal work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 7, 2018
The overall vibe of the store is great. The staff gets along well, however the latest change in management has created a strain within the work environment. No one feels trusted, listened to, supported, or appreciated. New management isn't taking the time to properly train the new associates. The new management has no idea what they are doing, they are constantly providing misinformation about store policies to both customers and new employees.
The GM clearly favors one assistant manager over the other two. The GM has approved six, that’s right SIX consecutive full weekends off for the assistant manager she likes most. If that isn’t nepotism, then I don’t know what is. She caters to this particulars assistant managers needs over the others because of her connections to HQ.
Aside from the lack of knowledge and the nepotism, the new GM does not take stress or feedback well. On one occasion, the GM made one associate cry on the sales floor in front of customers and on a separate occasion a customer witness her yelled at an associate on the sales floor. It was clear that the encounter had made the customer uncomfortable because as I was ringing her up she was very vocal about the GM’s unprofessional character.
I used to look forward to going in for my shift at Athleta but now i dread it every time.
Cons
no growth/ nepotism/ new management
October 29, 2018

We are disappointed to hear of your experience as it does not align with our core values. We understand the vital role our leaders play in the experience of our employees. We also strongly believe that each member of our team should be treated equally and with respect. We will continue to implement training and resources to help our managers best support their teams.

Athleta
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTSeptember 22, 2018
My overall experience at Athleta was amazing, I had a wonderful staff and management team, although the team seemed very disorganized at times. The positives were flexible schedules, volunteer experience, and being able to work around daily life struggles. The cons were many hours and no commission or job growth.
Pros
Lunches, Volunteer
Cons
Short breaks, no job commission or growth
October 17, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We are extremely committed to the overall well-being of our employees, in and out of the workplace, and are happy to see you list our flexible scheduling and volunteer efforts as pros! Thanks for sharing your feedback on career growth at Gap Inc. We have recently relaunched our development planning program, GPS, and are working hard to mare sure managers are accountable for their direct reports' growth and development.

Fun place to work while empowering women
Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 21, 2018
I learned so much about women during this job. Mainly, when we help each other and open up, things as simple as shopping can serve as a bridge and you can honestly leave a store feeling better about yourself based on the experience. Knowing what is expected and having a team mentality that it can be accomplished, in addition to celebrating each other's accomplishments keeps morale high overall. Challenging things like theft or flip bring the team together, and we see challenges as opportunities. I don't know that there was a day I wasn't excited to go to work, which I think speaks volumes.
October 17, 2018

This is what we love to hear! At Gap Inc., we work hard to create a culture in our stores and our headquarters where everyone is willing and able to roll their sleeves up and contribute. We're happy to hear your experience really reflected the way we approach our work. Thank you for sharing!

Love it
Core Sales associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 18, 2018
its such a cill and loving environment. I truly feel as if everyone ive worked with/interacted with truly wants to see me succeed. There is so much room for growth and its evident. there isnt any pressure to be "perfect", flaws are accepted and looked at as learning moments. Managers are VERY understanding and co workers are so easy going.
September 25, 2018

Thanks for sharing! We're always happy to hear from our store employees. We are fully committed to each of our employees' development and we love hearing your experience has reflected this.

Athleta!
Customer Experience Lead (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 7, 2018
This is truly an amazing company with great values! It is retail, so it can be high stress, but the ladies (and some gents) you work with make it so fun to work and get through the tough days!
September 25, 2018

We're so glad to hear of your experience as a customer experience lead in Maryland! Thank you for leaving a review.

Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 4, 2018
This was a fun and motivating environment to work at! The management team is very welcoming and they really live up to their slogan, "power of she." They want to make sure you excel at every task. They will take the time to train you and make sure that you are confident in the work you are performing.
September 25, 2018

As you have noted, we are committed to setting each member of our team up for success and believe in the value of teaching skills that our employees can utilize throughout their careers. Thank you for sharing about your experience in Chicago!

Enlightening work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2018
As a part time job, would recommend. Management tries their best to work with your schedule but not so many hours given in the summer. Great coworkers and work environment.
Pros
free work out classes
Cons
short breaks
September 25, 2018

We love to hear this! We are always looking for great people to join our teams. There are tons of great part-time opportunities and we're happy to hear you have taken advantage of this.

fun, laid back, active
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 16, 2018
I enjoyed working at Athleta while I was in school. Athleta provided flexible work hours and a great discount for it's employees! The management was personable and willing to work with you.
September 25, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review about working on our team in Pasadena, CA. We're happy to hear that you had a great experience with management at Gap Inc. and received the help and support needed to succeed on our team.

High energy, great environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GAAugust 7, 2018
I enjoyed being a part of the team and living the brand! The discounts on clothes and all other Gap brands was definitely a plus! I miss that part. *lol*
Positive place to work and a fantastic employee discount
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 6, 2018
Athleta is an upscale retail ahtletic/leisure clothing store for women, it is a sister store of the Gap Company. The hourly pay is higher than most retail and the employee discount is a huge benefit to most of us working there. The main focus is customer service and sales, other duties include product knowledge, inventory, sending and receiving on-line sales, and minimal tidying up. The only downside is being on my feet for hours at a time. I like working with the other women there, we range from 20 to age 60 and we make a great team.
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
Short breaks, on feet
enjoyed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJuly 30, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Athleta. It was fun and exciting opening new stores and learning new skills. I took away valuable skills and life lessons. It helped me grow as an employee and person.
August 30, 2018

We're happy to hear this! We believe in the value of teaching skills that our employees can use on the job, but also outside of work as well.

Amazing work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 29, 2018
This business is really there for their employees. Not just those of sales associate, but all the way up through the company. Everyone is understanding and accepting. The work environment is safe and they really want you to succeed.
August 30, 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review about what it's like to work on our team in Minnetonka. We are extremely committed to the overall well-being of our employees, in and out of the workplace, and have been since the very beginning.

great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2018
fun place to work with great coworkers. there was always an activity going on so it made each day exciting and eventful. employees and management were very nice but sometimes drama.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Athleta. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss