Athleta
Coronavirus update
Information from Athleta:

Athleta Employee Reviews

United States223 reviews
Great retailer with a good mission. Being a Gap Inc company the benefit are great. While they are all about developing people it’s often hard to advance past an assistant manager
We started off making sure the store was up to par to start the day. The workers were able to help me with any questions I had. Everyone was always in good spirits
Pros
Great people
Cons
Short breaks
Wonderful group of employees and managers. Work schedule flexibility for part time and full time employment. The store is within walking distance to my home.
Take a pretty typical retail environment, and ramp it up 10 fold. This is the fastest pace retail I have seen. Other than that, the team and customers are amazing. The company has a great set of values, and I highly recommend them.
I learned a lot about sales, retail in general, learned about all of the products we carried, how to assist customers best, and customer-employee etiquette.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Working with a variety of strong women is so empowering. This company is all about women empowerment and community support. We offer free fitness classes for our customers. Great style for fitness clothing. Employees are given the opportunity to volunteer within their communities. Awesome!
Athleta has been an amazing company to work for. It has challenged me to do things that I would not have done at previous companies including, community events and full interaction with customers outside of the store.
There is a lot of opportunity to learn and grow in a very corporate feeling environment. Great place to learn how to run and drive business. The trickle down of the values (sustainability, real women, body positivity, etc.) unfortunately does not hold true on a store level. It seems a lot of employees care but for some reason it does not translate in as far as actions with stores. Why? Lack of care from corporate? Lack of action from management? Stifled by Gap Inc. corporate goals and business incentives that have overtaken Athleta's individuality?
Pros
Brand image, great product, business lessons, growth
Cons
Corporate, rigid, stifling, lack of transparency
Absolutely loved working for Athleta although short lived. Management is flexible, highlights your strengths, the company has great benefits for employees and their families as well!
I had a very bad experience working in Athleta , I don’t want to say that all the stores are the same , but the management that labor in my location was very racist and evil.
Pros
Was a very early shift and have you the opportunity to do other jobs
Cons
in this type of corporations You cannot advance you stay stagnant and you cannot realize
The company is okay to work for however I just do not like working here. It is very boring to sit and continuely fold clothes constantly. If you are young this may not be the job for you
Athleta was a great place to work that encouraged using my creative skills, taught me about being strong in myself, and being able to use my skills professionally.
The Athleta in Princeton Market Fair, New Jersey has aided my life in many ways, had taught me how to be a team player. As well as working well with clients and figuring out their needs when it comes to the fit of their clothing. Another key aspect I have learned from Athleta is organization and the importance of being able to keep a neat workspace.
After clocking in, you are assigned your shop placement for the day. In your down time you would correct clothing or help customers. I loved working there and I felt real female empowerment working with all of the women. Everyone was understanding and fun to work with.
Pros
employee discounts
While we could and did create a culture that was supportive of one another, the value (in practice) began and ended in the store. There were many regional managers coming and going, none of which with strong communication and leadership skills, or vision. The oversight at the regional level by corporate was inconsistent, leaving stores at the mercy of poor leadership and bad hires with no recourse.
Each shift is fun and the leaders are very supportive and encouraging. The team consists of interesting and wonderful ladies and the regular customers are friendly and engaging.
what an amazing company culture that speaks to it's customers with providing some of the best sport + everyday wear gear. the company culture makes to feel like family!
Not great for work life balance and as a manager, you have to work 3 out of 4 weekends and 2-3 evenings a week. Hourly pay is average, but benefits are very good. Upper level management doesn't truly support you even though they claim they do.
I fell in love with Athleta's mission and purpose. I was very excited to work here and be a part of opening the new location on the central coast.
However, I quickly learned that management at the store are disrespectful and dismissive of their employees concerns. For example, they will schedule you when you have already requested time off 3 weeks in advance, cut shifts of employees at the last minute or after you have only worked 2 hours, they gossip, don't respect their employees, and are incredibly unprofessional. You will get asked like clockwork to work extra time during your shift and if you cannot stay extra hours you will be shamed by management even though it is THEIR FAULT for not scheduling enough people. You will be scheduled even when you have indicated you only want to work a certain amount of hours because we're "so busy" and "need all the help we can get"... There is also such a huge emphasis on getting credit cards when there is no incentive or commission at all!!! So much drama between a few managers it is ridiculous. I have been in the stock room doing my JOB countless times when I have been asked to leave for 10+ minutes so the managers could "chat", more often than not one manager would always be in tears (not surprising why she quit). Our talent manager just hired a handful of seasonal employees, however, they ALL went home for the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas) and we have no seasonal employees working over Christmas break- which makes no sense because now the nonseasonal employees all get to work on Christmas Eve even when we worked the days
 - more...
Pros
discount but clothes are still very expensive
Cons
no commission, bad communication, must pay for parking (unless you are a manager), toxic environment, no break area
The upper management was Clicky and unapproachable. I often felt depleted from Unbalance job allocation. I often felt underminded by the general manager.
Upper Management is a joke. there is not a power of she. I don't recommend anyone working for this company zero communication do not work here over worked under paid not appreciated
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Athleta. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
4.2Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight