Athleta

• Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Great teamwork and productivity

I really enjoyed working part time at Athleta! I thought the team was great and management was very understanding and upbeat. I enjoyed the tasks I was assigned and I felt like pay was decent, especially during COVID (bonuses and compensation for receiving the vaccine). Overall a very positive experience and I would definitely recommend part time. Amazing discount too!

Pros

Discount, teamwork, management, job satisfaction

Cons

Short breaks

Fun place to work but no compensation

The environment is good and the people are great but there is little compensation. Responsibility seems to fall all over the place and sales associates often do more than needed.

Pros

People

Cons

Short breaks and poor compensation

Low salary

Fun environment and employees .The discount is good. The pay is very low. Gap does not pay employees enough. Constant pressure to sell Athleta Card to customers.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Low pay

great assistant manger

I got employed but Athleta. i love hoe supportive and nice are workers there. I felt very welcome. I love the cloths!! I love the style and how organized is the store.

Pros

discount, flex hours

Cons

low pay so you definitely need second job!

Leaves a lot to be desired

Athleta is an LLC owned by a four brand corporation. That being said, it's can sometimes be hard to feel like you're working for a separate company. Corporate pushes the pressure and stress of getting credit card and loyalty sign ups, however, their structure sets you up for failure. Their credit card and loyalty systems are connected, one card, one account, among all four brands. So, if someone already has another brand card, there isn't much reason for them to sign up asides the initial discount. Yet you're told to push and push. It would have been easier if Athleta was treated separately instead of connected. Management among Athleta consists of one General Manager with three Assistant Managers. If the store is a high enough volume, there also is an Assistant General Manager. The three AMs are all full time, 45 hours a week, 9 hour days. As an hourly Manager, you're there 45 hours a week, but usually only average 38-39 hours of pay after breaks, late clock ins, and early outs. You can't be in the store by yourself, so you're usually clocking in late because the person opening with you (especially if the GM) is late. If closing, you usually finish up a good 15 mins early and clock out. Overtime is absolutely prohibited. Even the slightest bit of OT will be a verbal warning. Work/life is extremely poor and below average even for retail due to usually working 3+ days in a row with only 1 day off.Each AM comes with their own area of responsibility: Experience, Product, and Talent. Experience is responsible for brand awareness, event planning, marketing, outreach, and "Play -

Pros

Pay, benefits, hour breaks, dress code

Cons

Job advancement opportunities, lack of office time, work/life balance, chaotic and fast paced atmosphere, mandatory unpaid overtime

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Employees are great leaders ARE NOT

Just go somewhere else please for the sake of your mental health. The downfall of Athleta will the leaders talking about their own employees behind their backs

Great retail job

This was a great summer position. The managers do make a huge difference and I liked mine. Worked with great people who made it worth it. Made some really great friends even. It’s not too complicated of a job, sometimes repetitive but most of the issues with the job are the downsides of retail in general.

Pros

Decent pay, great people

Cons

Retail hours, selling credit cards

Productive and fun place.

I enjoy working at Athleta. It is easy to stay busy and productive, as there is always a task to be completed. The employees are all kind and helpful.

Basic retail position

Not the best, not the worst. It's retail 101. They definitely tried to make it fun, had lots of little gift incentives which was nice. Good discount for all Gap inc brands, automatic pay increase every year, ability to request time off regularly. However, I totally disagreed with the management style. It was totally stressful because they hammered you with metrics constantly. If goals and projections weren't being met, the managers would get really anxious and blame the associates' work effort. It was less about customer service and more about aggressively pushing clients into buying the whole store.

Fun place to work with great staff

Loved working here, flexible hours, good pay, great staff. Sometimes had to deal with unpleasant customers but management would always support you. Reccomend

Pros

Staff, employee discount

Cons

Shorter hours

Jobs at Athleta

See more jobs

productive and good

Had really great management that lead the team without being too overbearing. Overall, great work environmet but low pay espically for part time. Learned a lot.

Easy going retail job but not worth the $

Easy retail job that was flexible for part time. Most of my coworkers were great but management definitely had favorites and it was well-known. Some employees got paid more for the exact same job because they had previously worked for manager at another location. Easy going atmosphere but pay wasn't great.

Pros

employee discount

Cons

poor pay, can be cliquey

poor pay and hours, work itself not too bad

pay is not good and hours are not ideal, but management is nice. atmosphere is great for retail work. employees are very nice and supportive of one another.

Pros

discount

super fun and awesome workplace

Absolutely loved working there and all my coworkers! Great family feel to the company and everyone was super helpful when I initially started the job.

Pros

Pros: everything

Cons

Cons: really nothing

Great place to work for any age!

PT employee here! Athleta is generally a great place to work at. I love the management and fellow employees. There are high expectation of sales, card/loyalty sign-ups, and customer relations, but honestly, it makes the job more engaging and rewarding. I feel like I get honest feedback and praise often which I love. It’s generally a great environment and a great brand!

Pros

Supportive managers, employee discount, flexible schedule, closes early

Cons

None that I can think of

Dramatic, discriminating, non-understanding management

The managers had favorites and even if you did the same exact thing as someone else, they would full on yell at you and be so rude for things that you didn't know was wrong because your other coworkers did it. The managers would constantly find something to be mad at and were flat-out rude. They harassed me about how my personality and voice were not good enough. I have worked in retail for years and have never had anyone complain about that and have made impressive sales. Out of all my coworkers I know 10 who have stated they want to quit and will definitely never work there again. The most negative and mentally draining workplace-- I would leave in tears. Some days they loved me the next they would find random things to yell about. They are not flexible with your schedule, no matter what the situation is you will be working Friday-sunday. The managers simply just looked for things to get mad about.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Bad management, drama, disrespect, harassment, not flexible schedule

Nice but...

Nothing but good experiences for when I worked at Athleta. My reasoning for the rating on the lower end is because I was the only POC and sometimes felt uncomfortable and not my true self? If that makes sense. Other than that it was nice with nice co-workers and managers. I wish I was still working there but after taking one vacation and then coming back, management never put me back on the schedule and we went our separate ways.NOTE: You do have meetings on certain days after hours but do get paid during those. Some days will be painfully slow especially during the school year when teens and college kids are back at school. You also have to look the part and cannot wear other brand names or have their logos showing. You can wear them if they are hiding but it really depends on your store manager. You can tho wear brand name shoes (ex: nike shoes)

Pros

pay, employee discount

Cons

very slow days, limited times to take off for part-time workers

great job to work for!

Great benefits, great pay, love the employees, everyone is so kind and caring! Management is can use some work, buteveryone takes care of each other, especially trying to teach and help us learn skills!

Sales Associate

Poor scheduling practices, micromanaging leaders. I have enjoyed the coworkers I have had, but if I have even a short conversation with them the managers are on me to be doing something (even if I'm working while I talk to a coworker and no customers are around).

Really Enjoyable Work Environment!

Really enjoyed working for this company. Everyone was very friendly and always ready to take on the shift each day. Company provide plenty of opportunities for associates to advance or feel rewarded.

great discount

Great discount flexible hours. Pay for amount of work you do is absolutely horrible. Very little advancement possible. Not rewarded for hard work, not apprecited.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Athleta. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Athleta.
Powered byComparably