Athleta Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with great mission
Athleta Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynnfield, MAOctober 9, 2018
Love working with the customers and associates. Much has changed in last 2 years regarding job duties and hours given to each team member. Management takes advantage of certain people. Could be a great store to work for, they need to start recognizing employees more as people not as numbers.
Love what Athleta stands for with Empowering women from all walks of life!!
Was told I'd have sufficient time to get my work done 7-9 hours, most weeks I actually only get 1.5-2 hours.
Pros
discount, great insurance
Cons
lack of training of expectations, only give raises "up to 3%" and you are not guaranteed an increase
October 17, 2018

We have read your feedback regarding scheduling and we understand this can be a pain point for some of our store employees. We are constantly working to improve how we staff our stores in order to make sure that we're putting our time, talent, and energy in the right places at the right times. Thank you for leaving a review, we appreciate your feedback.

Fun place to work although hard for my family life.
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 8, 2018
I have enjoyed working at Athleta but has taken a toll on me missing out on so many of my kids activities. The product is easy to sell and the customers are wonderful.
Pros
Discount
workplace culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, CO 80124October 8, 2018
We have a fantastic group of highly educated, highly motivated, energetic, friendly and fun employees. The managers are amazing, helpful and not micro-managers.
Our clientele love to come in shopping because we offer a knowledgable and fun atmosphere.
October 17, 2018

We love hearing experiences like this! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about working on our team in Lone Tree, CO.

not an ideal work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 7, 2018
The overall vibe of the store is great. The staff gets along well, however the latest change in management has created a strain within the work environment. No one feels trusted, listened to, supported, or appreciated. New management isn't taking the time to properly train the new associates. The new management has no idea what they are doing, they are constantly providing misinformation about store policies to both customers and new employees.
The GM clearly favors one assistant manager over the other two. The GM has approved six, that’s right SIX consecutive full weekends off for the assistant manager she likes most. If that isn’t nepotism, then I don’t know what is. She caters to this particulars assistant managers needs over the others because of her connections to HQ.
Aside from the lack of knowledge and the nepotism, the new GM does not take stress or feedback well. On one occasion, the GM made one associate cry on the sales floor in front of customers and on a separate occasion a customer witness her yelled at an associate on the sales floor. It was clear that the encounter had made the customer uncomfortable because as I was ringing her up she was very vocal about the GM’s unprofessional character.
I used to look forward to going in for my shift at Athleta but now i dread it every time.
Cons
no growth/ nepotism/ new management
October 29, 2018

We are disappointed to hear of your experience as it does not align with our core values. We understand the vital role our leaders play in the experience of our employees. We also strongly believe that each member of our team should be treated equally and with respect. We will continue to implement training and resources to help our managers best support their teams.

Athleta
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTSeptember 22, 2018
My overall experience at Athleta was amazing, I had a wonderful staff and management team, although the team seemed very disorganized at times. The positives were flexible schedules, volunteer experience, and being able to work around daily life struggles. The cons were many hours and no commission or job growth.
Pros
Lunches, Volunteer
Cons
Short breaks, no job commission or growth
October 17, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We are extremely committed to the overall well-being of our employees, in and out of the workplace, and are happy to see you list our flexible scheduling and volunteer efforts as pros! Thanks for sharing your feedback on career growth at Gap Inc. We have recently relaunched our development planning program, GPS, and are working hard to mare sure managers are accountable for their direct reports' growth and development.

Fun place to work while empowering women
Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 21, 2018
I learned so much about women during this job. Mainly, when we help each other and open up, things as simple as shopping can serve as a bridge and you can honestly leave a store feeling better about yourself based on the experience. Knowing what is expected and having a team mentality that it can be accomplished, in addition to celebrating each other's accomplishments keeps morale high overall. Challenging things like theft or flip bring the team together, and we see challenges as opportunities. I don't know that there was a day I wasn't excited to go to work, which I think speaks volumes.
October 17, 2018

This is what we love to hear! At Gap Inc., we work hard to create a culture in our stores and our headquarters where everyone is willing and able to roll their sleeves up and contribute. We're happy to hear your experience really reflected the way we approach our work. Thank you for sharing!

Love it
Core Sales associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 18, 2018
its such a cill and loving environment. I truly feel as if everyone ive worked with/interacted with truly wants to see me succeed. There is so much room for growth and its evident. there isnt any pressure to be "perfect", flaws are accepted and looked at as learning moments. Managers are VERY understanding and co workers are so easy going.
September 25, 2018

Thanks for sharing! We're always happy to hear from our store employees. We are fully committed to each of our employees' development and we love hearing your experience has reflected this.

Athleta!
Customer Experience Lead (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 7, 2018
This is truly an amazing company with great values! It is retail, so it can be high stress, but the ladies (and some gents) you work with make it so fun to work and get through the tough days!
September 25, 2018

We're so glad to hear of your experience as a customer experience lead in Maryland! Thank you for leaving a review.

Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 4, 2018
This was a fun and motivating environment to work at! The management team is very welcoming and they really live up to their slogan, "power of she." They want to make sure you excel at every task. They will take the time to train you and make sure that you are confident in the work you are performing.
September 25, 2018

As you have noted, we are committed to setting each member of our team up for success and believe in the value of teaching skills that our employees can utilize throughout their careers. Thank you for sharing about your experience in Chicago!

Enlightening work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2018
As a part time job, would recommend. Management tries their best to work with your schedule but not so many hours given in the summer. Great coworkers and work environment.
Pros
free work out classes
Cons
short breaks
September 25, 2018

We love to hear this! We are always looking for great people to join our teams. There are tons of great part-time opportunities and we're happy to hear you have taken advantage of this.

fun, laid back, active
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 16, 2018
I enjoyed working at Athleta while I was in school. Athleta provided flexible work hours and a great discount for it's employees! The management was personable and willing to work with you.
September 25, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review about working on our team in Pasadena, CA. We're happy to hear that you had a great experience with management at Gap Inc. and received the help and support needed to succeed on our team.

High energy, great environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GAAugust 7, 2018
I enjoyed being a part of the team and living the brand! The discounts on clothes and all other Gap brands was definitely a plus! I miss that part. *lol*
Positive place to work and a fantastic employee discount
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 6, 2018
Athleta is an upscale retail ahtletic/leisure clothing store for women, it is a sister store of the Gap Company. The hourly pay is higher than most retail and the employee discount is a huge benefit to most of us working there. The main focus is customer service and sales, other duties include product knowledge, inventory, sending and receiving on-line sales, and minimal tidying up. The only downside is being on my feet for hours at a time. I like working with the other women there, we range from 20 to age 60 and we make a great team.
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
Short breaks, on feet
enjoyed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJuly 30, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Athleta. It was fun and exciting opening new stores and learning new skills. I took away valuable skills and life lessons. It helped me grow as an employee and person.
August 30, 2018

We're happy to hear this! We believe in the value of teaching skills that our employees can use on the job, but also outside of work as well.

Amazing work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 29, 2018
This business is really there for their employees. Not just those of sales associate, but all the way up through the company. Everyone is understanding and accepting. The work environment is safe and they really want you to succeed.
August 30, 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review about what it's like to work on our team in Minnetonka. We are extremely committed to the overall well-being of our employees, in and out of the workplace, and have been since the very beginning.

great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2018
fun place to work with great coworkers. there was always an activity going on so it made each day exciting and eventful. employees and management were very nice but sometimes drama.
Sometimes it's just a bad fit.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CA 94954July 15, 2018
At the start it was great. Once this company was purchased by GAP everything good about it went into the toilet. They would record your bathroom breaks and how long they were. Similar to being in preschool.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Horrible environment
Really fun at the store level but corporate and management needs work
Back of House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2018
It's a really fun place to work with a lot of nice people but it is impossible to move up from an associate to a manager unless you have previous management experience.
Pros
great employee discount
Cons
minimum compensation given
July 30, 2018

We appreciate your feedback regarding career growth. At Gap Inc., we are fully committed to our employees' development at all levels of the organization. We recently re-launched our development planning program, GPS, and are working hard to make sure managers are accountable for their direct reports’ growth and development.

Friendly workplace
SALES/MERCHANDISE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  East Grand Rapids, MIJuly 7, 2018
I really enjoy working at Athleta for many reasons. Everyone is so friendly and we all act like a family. The management is amazing and the associates are great.
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
The pay
July 30, 2018

We love to hear experiences like this! Thanks for leaving us a review about working on our team in Grand Rapids. We are extremely committed to the overall well-being of our employees, in and out of the workplace, and have been since the very beginning.

Atl
Sales Associate & Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA LenoxJuly 2, 2018
The management team could use improvement. The average age of a manager at the Lenox location was about 25, 26 and the management team had yet to grow in terms of best communication practices. Meaning they both under-communicated with employees and were often disrespectful.
Pros
Free classes
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
July 30, 2018

We've read your comments regarding management and we recognize that our leaders play a significant role in our employees’ experience. We will continue to implement tools and resources for our managers to help them support their teams. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience in Atlanta.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Athleta. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight