Athleta
Coronavirus update
Information from Athleta:

Athleta Employee Reviews

United States231 reviews
Short shifts , it’s good if you’re in between jobs or if you’re a student, lots of micromanaging.

Too many people working at same shifts. It gets crowded.

Pros
Products are of good quality, easy to sell
Cons
Short shifts, Overall could be improved.
The job (Sales Associate) offered great flexibility and I was able to take time off from work for all my other activities and vacations. Compensation was good for retail work, but was overall low with no benefits. There's a lot of managerial turnover, so there's room for advancement, but only on a hyper-local level. Most managers were competent and fun to work with, but they sometimes made illogical decisions (e.g. requiring 4 employees to come in (15-30 minute drives) during a state-of-emergency nor'easter when 2 managers lived within a 3 minute walk of the store). It made you question whether they valued your life.

Overall an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
easy to balance with other activities, good coworkers, leadership opportunities, growth opportunities
Cons
mediocre management, poor compensation
Overall fun place to work. Management was always clear about what they wanted and worked together to find solutions to any issues that came up. Always busy with new tasks to complete for the store everyday.
Pros
Free fitness classes, GAP brands discounts
They expect high expectations from you when it’s a small store, interview with the manager felt discouraging and somewhat not understanding what I was trying to explain.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Expectations high for a small store
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
At first it was a nightmare then it got simple. Holidays were amazing and I enjoyed the flow of new people at every second of the day. Also, the experience of designing and organizing areas of the store by themes and the little details helped make things amazing.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
high turnover
a really good first retail job. slower than a fast fashion shop but larger than a boutique. company culture is all about empowering women which is awesome.
Pros
discounts, great company culture, fun atmosphere
Cons
customer service
management is wonderful and so is everyone that works there! i wish they paid more, they are very flexible with scheduling and the job isn't usually stressful. If you're good at talking to people and like the clothes you will love it
Pros
best management, best team, flexible and accommodating
Cons
low pay
I will always have love for Athleta. They took me in with zero job experience and trained me to become an excellent retail associate. I had managers who looked out for me, made scheduling easy, and would always teach me about a new system or policy whenever I asked. The only thing was there was a lot of turnover at both locations I worked at. And when it came to training new employees, some managers wouldn't bother to train them that well, because they knew they would always have reliable associates who would do the work (like me) so there was no need. But if I'm being real, I loved Athleta and will always encourage people to work there.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Short breaks, have to fight for hours
Great retailer with a good mission. Being a Gap Inc company the benefit are great. While they are all about developing people it’s often hard to advance past an assistant manager
We started off making sure the store was up to par to start the day. The workers were able to help me with any questions I had. Everyone was always in good spirits
Pros
Great people
Cons
Short breaks
Wonderful group of employees and managers. Work schedule flexibility for part time and full time employment. The store is within walking distance to my home.
Take a pretty typical retail environment, and ramp it up 10 fold. This is the fastest pace retail I have seen. Other than that, the team and customers are amazing. The company has a great set of values, and I highly recommend them.
I learned a lot about sales, retail in general, learned about all of the products we carried, how to assist customers best, and customer-employee etiquette.
Working with a variety of strong women is so empowering. This company is all about women empowerment and community support. We offer free fitness classes for our customers. Great style for fitness clothing. Employees are given the opportunity to volunteer within their communities. Awesome!
Athleta has been an amazing company to work for. It has challenged me to do things that I would not have done at previous companies including, community events and full interaction with customers outside of the store.
There is a lot of opportunity to learn and grow in a very corporate feeling environment. Great place to learn how to run and drive business. The trickle down of the values (sustainability, real women, body positivity, etc.) unfortunately does not hold true on a store level. It seems a lot of employees care but for some reason it does not translate in as far as actions with stores. Why? Lack of care from corporate? Lack of action from management? Stifled by Gap Inc. corporate goals and business incentives that have overtaken Athleta's individuality?
Pros
Brand image, great product, business lessons, growth
Cons
Corporate, rigid, stifling, lack of transparency
Absolutely loved working for Athleta although short lived. Management is flexible, highlights your strengths, the company has great benefits for employees and their families as well!
I had a very bad experience working in Athleta , I don’t want to say that all the stores are the same , but the management that labor in my location was very racist and evil.
Pros
Was a very early shift and have you the opportunity to do other jobs
Cons
in this type of corporations You cannot advance you stay stagnant and you cannot realize
The company is okay to work for however I just do not like working here. It is very boring to sit and continuely fold clothes constantly. If you are young this may not be the job for you
Athleta was a great place to work that encouraged using my creative skills, taught me about being strong in myself, and being able to use my skills professionally.
The Athleta in Princeton Market Fair, New Jersey has aided my life in many ways, had taught me how to be a team player. As well as working well with clients and figuring out their needs when it comes to the fit of their clothing. Another key aspect I have learned from Athleta is organization and the importance of being able to keep a neat workspace.