Athletico Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

A job for experience
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILJune 13, 2018
I love my job, but it is a job solely for experience. I wish I were paid more for everything I do, but my bosses are great and are extremely supportive and understanding for life circumstances.
Stressful
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJune 5, 2018
I would prefer not share all my thoughts on a public forum regarding Athletico. I have appreciated some aspects of the company, but overall see specific need for growth in leadership.
fast paced outpatient clinic
Physical therapist (Former Employee) –  Lockport, ILJune 5, 2018
Management is very poor, and not an environment that is friendly. Disorganized with employee location . Would not recommend this clinic. Lacks ability to advance from within, limited job security.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
management, salary
Good to excellent experience.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 31, 2018
Overall, having great experience with Athletico Physical Therapy. Difficulty with transferring to a facility closer to home. Was happy to transition to Home Health and stay with Athletico, but I need to find a full time position.
Pros
Collaborative environment.
Cons
For many years tried to transfer closer to home and didn't open up.
Recommended
Serving as the liaison between insurance companies (Current Employee) –  South Elgin, ILMay 22, 2018
Love the job, they are just not helpful with hours as well as pay or increases. Management and peers that I worked with were awesome and I hate to want to have to find other employment but when you have responsibilities there arte some things you just have to do.
Great Manager
Student Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2018
The job was easy because of who was around me. The staff I worked with were incredibly knowledgeable and easy going. I learned a great from my CI and wouldn't hesitate to work here again.
Productive but doesn't compesate properly
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2018
Needs improvement better pay salary, compensation and better management. Therapist are excellent but I have seen a lot of colleagues leave because they are under appreciated.
Worplace
Medical Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILApril 7, 2018
Very nice place to work with wonderful people. Really enjoyed being there for the past ten years. Would recommend it to others who are in the medical field.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Changing
Great experience
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILApril 3, 2018
I have learned so much from working there, far more than some classes I had taken through school. Pay isn't great, and no advancement, but thats a part of the job really. Loved working with my boss, we are now great friends even. The culture does change from clinic to clinic however, so some may be more dull than some. It does get very busy sometimes, and for the pay you are expected quite a lot sometimes, but again, its part of the learning experience if you look at it with a silver lining.
Rehab Aide
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, IL 60068April 2, 2018
If you are trying to find a rehab tech position, look for a better job. It's not worth the 10 per hour especially when you have to fight for hours over other rehab aides. The manager played favorites.
Fast paced, very instense
Rehab Aide (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, MOMarch 29, 2018
Management was amazing and the other staff was amazing. Corporate had extremely high expectations, and my position paid extremely low wages for the amount of work done. There is little opportunity for advancement across the board.
Great co-workers but the company doesn’t care about their employees.
Rehab Aide (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 24, 2018
Would rather hire and train a new person than pay a little more. $10/hr is an absolute JOKE. Even as a student... how is THAT an ok salary?! The amount of work an aide does is incredible for the amount paid. ‘Management’ would rather send out nasty emails about something that was done incorrectly at the clinic. Supposedly offer insurance benefits to part time workers... except Aides. PT’s are stressed because they have to maintain a certain metrics so they push treatments of patients and have Aides do it all. Awesome upbeat work environment, that’s why I stay there.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Too many to list
Poor management
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Riverside, ILMarch 22, 2018
They do not value their employees, the amount of work you do is not appreciated. I had my annual review and the raise was a joke, I ask for more and they said they will look into it .
Company in flux
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 14, 2018
Great patients and depending on your location, great coworkers. The company has become more focused on productivity and metrics. Young management at some locations makes for difficult work environment. Lacks awareness of maintaining work/life balance.
Corporate needs help
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 18, 2018
Athletico is a good place to work on the clinic level, but the higher ups tend to care more about getting patients in and out the door vs what actually happens while they are under our roof. I love my coworkers, but the corporate end of it needs serious help. They want to grow too quickly and do not spend enough time on making what they already have the best it can possibly be.
Pros
Good people, fun atmosphere
Cons
Low pay, messy corporate office, not much opportunity for professional advancement
Productive work place
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2018
I loved working at Athletico as a rehab aide. My work family was great and we were able to make a difference in the lives of patients who were trying to better themselves post injury/surgery. A typical day as an aide included working with patients, helping them with exercises, schedules, insurance policies, and anything in between. The job also included some computer work like scanning documents. Keeping the clinic clean was a priority as well as keeping up with laundry. The hardest part of the job was learning how to spread yourself out and help multiple people while also keeping up with your own responsibilites. Great experience for anyone looking for a part time job.
Cons
job is only part time
Athletico is like being back in high school.
Cash applications coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILFebruary 14, 2018
During my time with Athletico I did not feel appreciated or respected by management or the company as a whole. The managers would spend hours a day gossiping in their offices with their "favorite" employees. In the cash applications department when it comes to month end they expect you to come in at 6am and stay until "the job is done" regardless of your prior commitments or availability. They promise "flex time" to be used to take a day off of your choice but when you work 32 hours in 3 days they try to dictate when you can take the "flex time" off, even if it doesn't match your request. (overtime is NOT allowed, if you go over by even 5 minutes you will be reprimanded like a preschooler). Employees who are friendly with managers get higher bonuses than those who are not, despite their performance.

In my time there I quickly excelled and learned enough to become a higher average poster, I never received an increase in pay, I had to BEG to gain more training, and I got "gossiped" about for my lifestyle choices (like those to eat healthy and exercise).

overall Athletico is a toxic, money-hungry company and I would recommend looking elsewhere.
Pros
large amount of PTO
Cons
Short breaks, lack of management, no incentives for hard work, no raises after 90 days or even after a year, expected to work extended hours without overtime.
Poor Management, Doesn't care about Employees
PT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2018
Athletico is a terrible company. They had no idea what they were doing when they acquired Accelerated. They have effectively managed to drive most of the very talented Accelerated employees out the door without a care. Instead, they like to hire new grads, so they can teach them how "churn and burn" patients in/out their doors. They lure therapists (and patients) in with their "branding and marketing" but really its all smoke and mirrors. Poor clinician advancement especially if your a woman. Expect high productivity standards and your manager to constantly be monitoring your every move. Management doesn't care about employees. Expected to come in early, stay late, work through your lunch, attend marketing events and MD shadowing that is often on your personal time, with the lure of a "bonus". Techs are delegated most of the treatment, paid min wage for "the experience" of working for Athletico. Management lacks vision and creativity. Great way to burn out therapists!
Pros
My teammates
Cons
High Productivity, Poor Leadership, Mgmt doesn't care about employees
good place to work
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2018
great people. very good organization. my only complaint was lack of career advancement if you weren't a physical therapist. administrative people don't advance as much
Great company
Cash Poster (Current Employee) –  Westmont, ILFebruary 4, 2018
I enjoy working for Athletico but some of the managers do not manage their employees as well as they should. Since we are on a timeline of closing months, they need to get on the employees who don't give there 100%. I am employee who will dedicate their time and energy to get this accomplished .
Pros
Use to get Physical therepy for free
Cons
Have to pay for any treatment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Athletico Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight