Athletico Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Fun place to work.
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Altoona, IAOctober 15, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with the patients. When I have completed all my tasks I am able to focus on improving other tasks.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Has Potential Although too Much Chaos
Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 28, 2018
This company recently retained new leadership. They're going in a new direction although unsure what that is at the moment. It has left the employees confused and in fear. The CEO/founder is excellent and had built an excellent company.
Pros
Good benefits and salary
Cons
A lot of confusion and chaos with new leadership
Very productive and hands on
Rehab Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2018
the workplace was very busy but every patient got treated equally and respectfully. Learned lots of new exercises to help treat patients with there injury or pain.
fast paced and demanding
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILJuly 20, 2018
very difficult job in terms of work load . pay wasn't very suitable for living on my own. management was very good. location was very convenient as well
Great job to have if you see yourself involved in physical therapy
PT Rehab Aide (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ILJuly 17, 2018
It's a pretty good place to work. Management and the therapists are really nice. Buy lunch for everyone when we have meetings or parties. Its a pretty laid back and easy job. It can get stressful sometimes because if it is slow due to patient flow, they will send you home and depending on how the week goes there are some days where you may not work. On top of that, there is only one rehab aide per shift. So if the therapists over schedule you may find yourself overwhelmed due to all the patients. The pay could be better as well and as a rehab aide, unless you are studying to be a physical therapist or are a physical therapy assistant, there is no real area for advancement.
Pros
Great work area, Managers are nice, Easy work
Cons
Low pay, Pretty Fast Paced At Times, No area for advancement
Feeling Underappreciated
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 15, 2018
I work 5 days a week at Athletico I am required to answer phones and be with patients at the same time. The pay is horrible you practically do EVERYTHING and they cut my pay from 10 dollars a hour to 9.04 dollars a hour a huge slap in the face for the amount of work I do. It gets super stressful when therapists hand you 2 patients at once because they are always short staffed on aides and answer phones. I don’t recommend working here because Athletico is SUPER cheap. I make more money working as a Cashier at a grocery store than I do working with patients in a health care setting.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Poor pay
Daily Activities
Refund Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westmont, ILJuly 14, 2018
Answering confused patient calls and reviewing accounts.

working daily patient reports.
refunding patient accounts accodingly
answering clinic emails
transfering patient calls to other depts.
Pros
Cons
stress full patients
Good company
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJuly 7, 2018
Athletico stresses being a patient focused company and is fair to its employees. When I was hired I was told they want to hire quality people and then the revenue will take care of itself.
Fun place to work but no hours
Rehabilitation Assistant/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, MIJuly 3, 2018
Great place to work but no advancement and little to no hours available. No consistent schedule. Great patient's and lovely atmosphere. Friendly employees and great patient's.
A job for experience
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILJune 13, 2018
I love my job, but it is a job solely for experience. I wish I were paid more for everything I do, but my bosses are great and are extremely supportive and understanding for life circumstances.
Good company
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Schererville, INJune 13, 2018
Overall a good company to work for. There could be better health care benefits with better rates for the employees. The compensation should be more based on the amount of work required in the position.
Stressful
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJune 5, 2018
I would prefer not share all my thoughts on a public forum regarding Athletico. I have appreciated some aspects of the company, but overall see specific need for growth in leadership.
fast paced outpatient clinic
Physical therapist (Former Employee) –  Lockport, ILJune 5, 2018
Management is very poor, and not an environment that is friendly. Disorganized with employee location . Would not recommend this clinic. Lacks ability to advance from within, limited job security.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
management, salary
Good to excellent experience.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 31, 2018
Overall, having great experience with Athletico Physical Therapy. Difficulty with transferring to a facility closer to home. Was happy to transition to Home Health and stay with Athletico, but I need to find a full time position.
Pros
Collaborative environment.
Cons
For many years tried to transfer closer to home and didn't open up.
Recommended
Serving as the liaison between insurance companies (Current Employee) –  South Elgin, ILMay 22, 2018
Love the job, they are just not helpful with hours as well as pay or increases. Management and peers that I worked with were awesome and I hate to want to have to find other employment but when you have responsibilities there arte some things you just have to do.
Great Manager
Student Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2018
The job was easy because of who was around me. The staff I worked with were incredibly knowledgeable and easy going. I learned a great from my CI and wouldn't hesitate to work here again.
Productive but doesn't compesate properly
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2018
Needs improvement better pay salary, compensation and better management. Therapist are excellent but I have seen a lot of colleagues leave because they are under appreciated.
Worplace
Medical Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILApril 7, 2018
Very nice place to work with wonderful people. Really enjoyed being there for the past ten years. Would recommend it to others who are in the medical field.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Changing
Great experience
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILApril 3, 2018
I have learned so much from working there, far more than some classes I had taken through school. Pay isn't great, and no advancement, but thats a part of the job really. Loved working with my boss, we are now great friends even. The culture does change from clinic to clinic however, so some may be more dull than some. It does get very busy sometimes, and for the pay you are expected quite a lot sometimes, but again, its part of the learning experience if you look at it with a silver lining.
Rehab Aide
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, IL 60068April 2, 2018
If you are trying to find a rehab tech position, look for a better job. It's not worth the 10 per hour especially when you have to fight for hours over other rehab aides. The manager played favorites.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Athletico Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight