Athletico Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Feeling Underappreciated
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 15, 2018
I work 5 days a week at Athletico I am required to answer phones and be with patients at the same time. The pay is horrible you practically do EVERYTHING and they cut my pay from 10 dollars a hour to 9.04 dollars a hour a huge slap in the face for the amount of work I do. It gets super stressful when therapists hand you 2 patients at once because they are always short staffed on aides and answer phones. I don’t recommend working here because Athletico is SUPER cheap. I make more money working as a Cashier at a grocery store than I do working with patients in a health care setting.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Poor pay
Daily Activities
Refund Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westmont, ILJuly 14, 2018
Answering confused patient calls and reviewing accounts.

working daily patient reports.
refunding patient accounts accodingly
answering clinic emails
transfering patient calls to other depts.
Pros
Cons
stress full patients
Good company
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJuly 7, 2018
Athletico stresses being a patient focused company and is fair to its employees. When I was hired I was told they want to hire quality people and then the revenue will take care of itself.
Fun place to work but no hours
Rehabilitation Assistant/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, MIJuly 3, 2018
Great place to work but no advancement and little to no hours available. No consistent schedule. Great patient's and lovely atmosphere. Friendly employees and great patient's.
A job for experience
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILJune 13, 2018
I love my job, but it is a job solely for experience. I wish I were paid more for everything I do, but my bosses are great and are extremely supportive and understanding for life circumstances.
Good company
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Schererville, INJune 13, 2018
Overall a good company to work for. There could be better health care benefits with better rates for the employees. The compensation should be more based on the amount of work required in the position.
Stressful
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJune 5, 2018
I would prefer not share all my thoughts on a public forum regarding Athletico. I have appreciated some aspects of the company, but overall see specific need for growth in leadership.
fast paced outpatient clinic
Physical therapist (Former Employee) –  Lockport, ILJune 5, 2018
Management is very poor, and not an environment that is friendly. Disorganized with employee location . Would not recommend this clinic. Lacks ability to advance from within, limited job security.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
management, salary
Good to excellent experience.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 31, 2018
Overall, having great experience with Athletico Physical Therapy. Difficulty with transferring to a facility closer to home. Was happy to transition to Home Health and stay with Athletico, but I need to find a full time position.
Pros
Collaborative environment.
Cons
For many years tried to transfer closer to home and didn't open up.
Recommended
Serving as the liaison between insurance companies (Current Employee) –  South Elgin, ILMay 22, 2018
Love the job, they are just not helpful with hours as well as pay or increases. Management and peers that I worked with were awesome and I hate to want to have to find other employment but when you have responsibilities there arte some things you just have to do.
Great Manager
Student Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2018
The job was easy because of who was around me. The staff I worked with were incredibly knowledgeable and easy going. I learned a great from my CI and wouldn't hesitate to work here again.
Productive but doesn't compesate properly
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2018
Needs improvement better pay salary, compensation and better management. Therapist are excellent but I have seen a lot of colleagues leave because they are under appreciated.
Worplace
Medical Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILApril 7, 2018
Very nice place to work with wonderful people. Really enjoyed being there for the past ten years. Would recommend it to others who are in the medical field.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Changing
Great experience
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILApril 3, 2018
I have learned so much from working there, far more than some classes I had taken through school. Pay isn't great, and no advancement, but thats a part of the job really. Loved working with my boss, we are now great friends even. The culture does change from clinic to clinic however, so some may be more dull than some. It does get very busy sometimes, and for the pay you are expected quite a lot sometimes, but again, its part of the learning experience if you look at it with a silver lining.
Rehab Aide
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, IL 60068April 2, 2018
If you are trying to find a rehab tech position, look for a better job. It's not worth the 10 per hour especially when you have to fight for hours over other rehab aides. The manager played favorites.
Fast paced, very instense
Rehab Aide (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, MOMarch 29, 2018
Management was amazing and the other staff was amazing. Corporate had extremely high expectations, and my position paid extremely low wages for the amount of work done. There is little opportunity for advancement across the board.
Great co-workers but the company doesn’t care about their employees.
Rehab Aide (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 24, 2018
Would rather hire and train a new person than pay a little more. $10/hr is an absolute JOKE. Even as a student... how is THAT an ok salary?! The amount of work an aide does is incredible for the amount paid. ‘Management’ would rather send out nasty emails about something that was done incorrectly at the clinic. Supposedly offer insurance benefits to part time workers... except Aides. PT’s are stressed because they have to maintain a certain metrics so they push treatments of patients and have Aides do it all. Awesome upbeat work environment, that’s why I stay there.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Too many to list
Poor management
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Riverside, ILMarch 22, 2018
They do not value their employees, the amount of work you do is not appreciated. I had my annual review and the raise was a joke, I ask for more and they said they will look into it .
Company in flux
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 14, 2018
Great patients and depending on your location, great coworkers. The company has become more focused on productivity and metrics. Young management at some locations makes for difficult work environment. Lacks awareness of maintaining work/life balance.
Corporate needs help
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 18, 2018
Athletico is a good place to work on the clinic level, but the higher ups tend to care more about getting patients in and out the door vs what actually happens while they are under our roof. I love my coworkers, but the corporate end of it needs serious help. They want to grow too quickly and do not spend enough time on making what they already have the best it can possibly be.
Pros
Good people, fun atmosphere
Cons
Low pay, messy corporate office, not much opportunity for professional advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Athletico Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight