Athletico Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

High Stress, Low Pay
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 11, 2019
OC that worked directly under a micromanaging Physical Therapist. Fast-Paced, High stress work environment. Too much work for one individual, not allowed overtime, not even a minute or therapist would change your timecard.. Doesn't follow FSLA pay laws. Required to clock out for lunch, but still have to answer phones, help patients, run errands on personal time. Required to travel location to location for training, but never compensated for mileage or time. Not properly trained for the amount of work thrown at you. Sink or Swim environment, they don't care if you fail, they will move on to the next candidate for your position. I wouldn't work here again nor would I be a patient here either.
Cons
Low pay, Micromanaging, Poor Work Environment
excellent place to work
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 3, 2019
I really enjoyed my time at Athletico and miss it dearly. I really liked the Company CEO and enjoyed my co workers daily!!! really enjoyed working daily with Outpatients , seeing the improvement and Athletico was very supportive of the staff , with continuing education and even having on site Physician's giving talks on current patient care and different entities they were seeing on a daily basis. I would recommend any new grad for Athletico as it was a company that was on the cutting edge of all new techniques or as I say Tools in the Tool Box!
Pros
Good benefits / good working environment !
Would not recommend
Workers Compensation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 12, 2019
Micro-managed, and management has no clue what is going on. Could not take lunch without being called and asked where I was when clocked out and not on company time
Pros
had my own office
Cons
no break from drama
Fun place to work
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILDecember 18, 2018
Very busy clinic, enjoyable. Multi tasking, greeting patients, building relationships. Bi weekly meetings with clinic manager, coaching others, on boarding for new staff
Stressful and over-worked (and underpaid)
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL 60523December 17, 2018
This company works their therapists to the bone. Documentation and seeing patients over lunch (unpaid). Pressure to see patient's before and after hours (unpaid). "Marketing" outside of clinic time (unpaid). I am not a Marketing Major, I am a Physical therapist! I would never work here again.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILNovember 29, 2018
Athletico treats their employees very well. I truly felt like I was part of a team and didn't dread going to work everyday. The managers were helpful and friendly. We really did work as a team.
Pros
Very positive environment
Awesome workplace!
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILOctober 22, 2018
Athletico is such a good company to work for. If you're studying in the medical field gives you experience with working one on one with patients. It is hectic at times but that's also what it teaches you about multi-tasking and time management.
Pros
awesome management, flexible with hours
Cons
low pay for a lot of work
Fun place to work.
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Altoona, IAOctober 15, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with the patients. When I have completed all my tasks I am able to focus on improving other tasks.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Has Potential Although too Much Chaos
Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 28, 2018
This company recently retained new leadership. They're going in a new direction although unsure what that is at the moment. It has left the employees confused and in fear. The CEO/founder is excellent and had built an excellent company.
Pros
Good benefits and salary
Cons
A lot of confusion and chaos with new leadership
Fun quick paced work environment
Rehab Aide (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILSeptember 7, 2018
Good job, fun people to work with. Have a lot of different tasks to complete such as office jobs, cleaning, and working with each different patients. Management is not amazing and it seems as if they work more for money rather than patients.
Very productive and hands on
Rehab Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2018
the workplace was very busy but every patient got treated equally and respectfully. Learned lots of new exercises to help treat patients with there injury or pain.
Okay
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2018
Okay experience. Learned a great deal about the industry and running a sometimes fast-paced office. Company provided good opportunities to attend health and wellness events.
fast paced and demanding
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILJuly 20, 2018
very difficult job in terms of work load . pay wasn't very suitable for living on my own. management was very good. location was very convenient as well
Great job to have if you see yourself involved in physical therapy
PT Rehab Aide (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ILJuly 17, 2018
It's a pretty good place to work. Management and the therapists are really nice. Buy lunch for everyone when we have meetings or parties. Its a pretty laid back and easy job. It can get stressful sometimes because if it is slow due to patient flow, they will send you home and depending on how the week goes there are some days where you may not work. On top of that, there is only one rehab aide per shift. So if the therapists over schedule you may find yourself overwhelmed due to all the patients. The pay could be better as well and as a rehab aide, unless you are studying to be a physical therapist or are a physical therapy assistant, there is no real area for advancement.
Pros
Great work area, Managers are nice, Easy work
Cons
Low pay, Pretty Fast Paced At Times, No area for advancement
Feeling Underappreciated
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 15, 2018
I work 5 days a week at Athletico I am required to answer phones and be with patients at the same time. The pay is horrible you practically do EVERYTHING and they cut my pay from 10 dollars a hour to 9.04 dollars a hour a huge slap in the face for the amount of work I do. It gets super stressful when therapists hand you 2 patients at once because they are always short staffed on aides and answer phones. I don’t recommend working here because Athletico is SUPER cheap. I make more money working as a Cashier at a grocery store than I do working with patients in a health care setting.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Poor pay
Daily Activities
Refund Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westmont, ILJuly 14, 2018
Answering confused patient calls and reviewing accounts.

working daily patient reports.
refunding patient accounts accodingly
answering clinic emails
transfering patient calls to other depts.
Pros
Cons
stress full patients
Good company
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJuly 7, 2018
Athletico stresses being a patient focused company and is fair to its employees. When I was hired I was told they want to hire quality people and then the revenue will take care of itself.
Fun place to work but no hours
Rehabilitation Assistant/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, MIJuly 3, 2018
Great place to work but no advancement and little to no hours available. No consistent schedule. Great patient's and lovely atmosphere. Friendly employees and great patient's.
Best job ever
Therapy Aide Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2018
I first started working for Athletico when it was just one clinic. I am amazed at the growth as well as staffing retention. Moving up is available if you really want it. I really wished I could have stayed longer.
Pros
Great benefits and job perks
Cons
My commute
A job for experience
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILJune 13, 2018
I love my job, but it is a job solely for experience. I wish I were paid more for everything I do, but my bosses are great and are extremely supportive and understanding for life circumstances.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Athletico Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight