Play YouTube video button

Featured review
ATI Physical Therapy selected this as a representative review
I highly recommend ATI Physical Therapy to perspective emplyoees
Physical Therapy Internship (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 25, 2018
A typical day's work for a Physical Therapy Technician includes working the front desk, following a checklist provided to you by an ATI clinical assistant which lists paperwork to be completed for patients seen that day. Using a computer patient's charts are pulled up where directions written by Physical Therapist are followed as you assist patients through their workout/therapy. This varies per patient and usually includes a variety of exercises and stretches addressing patient's individual's needs. Following patient workout/therapy a Physical Therapist sees patient and directs you to apply heat, ice and/or premod depending on patient's needs.

I learned how to collaborate with other staff to achieve the best results for patients and I learned how to balance working with 3 patients at the same time effectively. I was taught how to diffuse situations where individuals visiting the clinic might become anxious over insurance issues and/or dealing with extreme pain due to their injuries.

ATI Physical Therapy has an upbeat positive working environment. If an employee has a question or makes an error management is quick to respond in a positive manner to help/assist employee.

The hardest part of my job was the initial learning curve for the position. This lasted a very short time, due to the other employees in my clinic being so willing to teach and assist me as I became familiar with ATI.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working one on one with patients, encouraging them as they worked through their specific goals for recovery. Seeing a patient "graduate"
  more... from their treatment is very rewarding to me.  less
Pros
Free lunches provided for lunch meetings / Coupons
Cons
Great company to work for
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 17, 2019
great advancement skills. paid training and positive environment
great information for insurance and billing. awesome company
able to take experience anywhere
This was a great company to work for.
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 14, 2019
I enjoyed working for this company. This was a great company to have worked for. I am grateful for all I have learned. Coming into this position with no experience and growing with the company I took great pride in.
Pros
made friends
Cons
having to leave
A Good First Job
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 10, 2019
Great workplace culture and solid benefits. Pay for IT positions is below average and promotion from within is rare. A solid place to start and gain some experience, but don't plan on an a long career here outside of upper management.
Good place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DE 19805February 9, 2019
Enjoyed my years there happy with being a patient transporter. They did away with transportation and therefore I was out of a job. Manager and staff were great and the patients were terrific
Completely Unprofesssional
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCFebruary 6, 2019
I was contacted about setting up a phone interview and was never notified that the position was filled! If the position is filled, the least you can do is call or email to cancel the interview. Jessica T is completely unprofessional at the Aiken office. I waited and waited for a phone call and finally emailed to ask about the interview I set up. I wouldn’t waste my time applying at this particular location.
Great
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe,AZFebruary 4, 2019
Great company to work for, everyone is friendly and happy to help
Poor Management
Central Insurance Verification Sr (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 1, 2019
The work environment is very stressful and very poor organized. The company would hardly ever notify us on new changes but would expect us to keep up with changes. They had different expectation for every state however they would expect everyone to follow the same guidelines. All of the departments are constantly understaff.
Fun workplace
Physical Therapy Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85210January 29, 2019
I have worked at several locations, every ATI you go to employees are kind and empathetic with each client. Each location's employees are properly trained.
Was a fun place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJanuary 27, 2019
I enjoyed being a driver. Met a lot of great people. I truly thought when hired I would be there til I retired. I was given a monetary package to stay on til the end of the department
Pros
Great people
Cons
Laid off
easy to climb the ladder
Outreach Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  North East, MDJanuary 27, 2019
corporate style of workplace. Lots of rules, regulations and guidelines but makes it easy to climb the ladder if you want. Well structured, well organized, sets attainable goals for employees and keeps them motivated iwth incentive.
It's not what it used to be
Athletic trainer (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 26, 2019
ATI was great to work for in the beginning. Then they became corporate and opening up clinics too fast. It was not fun to work at anymore. It was, and still is, about the numbers. It's about how many patients can you get in in one day, in one hour, and process them. You as an employee are just a number, easily replaceable if you are not a "yes man". You will be promised advancement by your director/supervisor if you continue to work hard. In the end, it turns out that you made your director/supervisor look good and they get promoted instead of you. You get promised to advance if they advance. It's not the case. For athletic trainers, you will not work in the clinical setting with ATI anymore, if that's what you're looking for. Employees who underperform, or are "problem employees" are not let go. They get transferred to other clinics, positions, or are even promoted to higher positions in the company. Bonuses are not given out like they promise. You are expected to work more without an increase in pay or a bonus. ATI paints a rosy picture and that it's such a great company to work for. It used to be, 10+ years ago. It's not anymore. You can be a loyal employee and work hard for them. ATI is not loyal to you. In the end, it's all about the numbers.
Pros
PTO allotment, benefits
Cons
Everything else
Bad company
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 25, 2019
All the great reviews you read are people from the clinics. The corporate office is where you need to really pay attention to the bad reviews. They treat you horrible and management does not know how to manage or have compassion. Plus they are outsourcing many departments and layoffs in many departments. Do not work for this company. You'll just be miserable and very unhappy.
Pros
No pros at all
Cons
Bad company all around
Productive work place
Patient Account Specialist BCBS (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2019
Management is great, coworker all work well together. We all work as a team. I have learned how to do the Medical billing for WA BCBS.I have learned the systems. Management has weekly meetings with the staff and keeps you updated on what is going on with the company.
Pros
We celebrate cowrker B-days and Anniversery
Cons
N/a
productive,nice people
Medicare/Medicaid Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 23, 2019
nice place to work, enjoyed co workers enjoyed being part of the company typical day at work working on accounts good work place culture , decent pay good benefits
Great job
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 23, 2019
Great company to work for. Very busy clinic. Must know how to multitask. Can be stressful at times, but always makes the day fly by. Colleagues are fun to work with.
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2019
Lots pf work to do. A fast paced work environment. Lots of knowledge passef around. Everyone is available to lend a helping hand when needed. Enjoyed my time there
Great Company
Personal Trainer and Wellness coach (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INJanuary 22, 2019
Well organized group of Physical Therapists that worked collectively as an entire group to get the job done. I learned how to work with a diverse population & had a lot of one on one experience with learning customer service.
Productive and caring work place
Rehab Tech (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 22, 2019
I worked with a wonderful staff that was dedicated to the care of the patients in the clinic. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing patients progress and get well.
Amazing co-workers, patients and work environment
Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJanuary 21, 2019
If I wasn't switching fields due to my impending degree I would never leave this place. I've never worked with this many amazing people. I've had the best manager over the past 3 years and awesome experiences helping patients recover from injuries, ailments, and surgeries.
Pros
The employees, hours, benefits, wages
Cons
Busy at times with patients on the wait list
obtained many years of experience
TRANSPORTATION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 19, 2019
ATI Physical Therapy helped me built my work experience in the field of transportation and customer service. Also gained experience with hiring and training employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATI Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight