Play YouTube video button

Featured review
ATI Physical Therapy selected this as a representative review
I highly recommend ATI Physical Therapy to perspective emplyoees
Physical Therapy Internship (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 25, 2018
A typical day's work for a Physical Therapy Technician includes working the front desk, following a checklist provided to you by an ATI clinical assistant which lists paperwork to be completed for patients seen that day. Using a computer patient's charts are pulled up where directions written by Physical Therapist are followed as you assist patients through their workout/therapy. This varies per patient and usually includes a variety of exercises and stretches addressing patient's individual's needs. Following patient workout/therapy a Physical Therapist sees patient and directs you to apply heat, ice and/or premod depending on patient's needs.

I learned how to collaborate with other staff to achieve the best results for patients and I learned how to balance working with 3 patients at the same time effectively. I was taught how to diffuse situations where individuals visiting the clinic might become anxious over insurance issues and/or dealing with extreme pain due to their injuries.

ATI Physical Therapy has an upbeat positive working environment. If an employee has a question or makes an error management is quick to respond in a positive manner to help/assist employee.

The hardest part of my job was the initial learning curve for the position. This lasted a very short time, due to the other employees in my clinic being so willing to teach and assist me as I became familiar with ATI.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working one on one with patients, encouraging them as they worked through their specific goals for recovery. Seeing a patient "graduate"
  more... from their treatment is very rewarding to me.  less
Pros
Free lunches provided for lunch meetings / Coupons
Cons
Pay is too low for workload done
REGIONAL FRONT OFFICE COORDINATOR-FLOATER (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 17, 2018
Depending on your title compensation is ridiculous in relation to the work load. Front office does not get paid fairly for how much work is done and the stress that comes with it.
I loved working for SOR but ATI is a company about the numbers and not the patient care.
Physical Therapist Technician (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 10, 2018
I originally worked for SOR for 2 years until ATI bought the company. The staff that I worked with for the 4 years with the company were amazing and I loved them! All of the PTs & PTAs have now left to pursue others companies within their field. The actual ATI company is not a company I would recommend someone work for that is more interested in helping a patient heal and achieve their functional goals since ATI is a bigger company that is only interested in the over all numbers and not the care given to patients.
Productive workplace
Manager of Field Service (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 8, 2018
Office politics and long term direction is not clear. Tenure of employees is low. The IT department requires deeper values and is low on the IT Corporate maturity model.

I enjoyed the hiring manager and team, how ever short tenured.
Pros
Enjoyable culture
Cons
Lacks Direction
Stressful work environment
Athletic Trainer Licensed State of Washington (Former Employee) –  Fife, WASeptember 17, 2018
A company that prides themselves as patient centered, it is really about numbers. Going away from 1:1 care to stacking patents and providing substandard care.
Pros
Most of the staff are friendly
Cons
Managers make for a stressful environment.
Exciting, fast paced, rapidly growing company
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 16, 2018
Fun atmosphere to work in. Inspiring and empowering. Very well educated therapists with a passion for helping people recover safely and quickly so they can get back to their normal daily routines.
Pros
Fun, exciting, inspiring
Cons
Low pay, lack of advancement
Upbeat, fast paced environment
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT/LEAD CLINICIAN (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 29, 2018
Opportunities for advancement. Quarterly bonus potential. Multiple locations in area. Clinical Education opportunities. Job security. Busy schedule. .
Pros
Possibilities for advancement
Cons
Short breaks
Clinic
(Patient Service Specialist) (Current Employee) –  nopeAugust 28, 2018
There are pro's and cons to every job
So pros
PTO
Benefits
Comfortable work conditions
Training is good
Patient care
Clinic atmosphere

Cons
No consistency with chain of command
Depending on your position no regard for your requirements in that position
Enjoyable place to work, love the patients and co-workers
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  MarylandAugust 19, 2018
I'm relocating and need a full time position. Overall, the therapists are knowledgeable and truly enjoy their jobs. The patients are wonderful and seeing them reach their goals and "graduate" is very rewarding.
Minimal advancements available
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  somewhere, USAugust 18, 2018
The company is flattening out it's management. Regional directors in some cases continue to hold a full caseload as well many center director reports, which creates huge gaps in feedback and ability to coordinate with management.
Fast paced and therapists are thought of as a commodity/asset
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Washington StateAugust 13, 2018
Enjoyed my co workers and my clinic manager, but the upper management had to much of a hand in the day to day. Didn't feel respected as a therapist and we were essentially given pizza or some other silly reward if our clinic did well.
Pros
Learning environment, great teammates
Cons
Over worked, lack of appreciation

Want to know more about ATI Physical Therapy?

Ask a question
This place just doesn't get it!
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 9, 2018
I feel like I'm in jail. The pettiness of this organization has gotten to be unbearable over the years. The turn over rate is unbelievable. We are constantly being watched and disciplined for stupid things like eating breakfast at our desk, checking our phone when we have kids. We dare not say what's really on our mind, point out an issue or ask questions- we may later find ourselves in the Supervisors office with a write up or a Communication entry on your personnel profile. Right now I think the company is trying to outsource all the A/R to an overseas company in India that has no clue on what they are doing. I think they may be trying to make everyone miserable so we leave to keep costs down in case they phase out certain departments. Don't expect yearly pay raises, and when you get them it won't be more than 1 or 2%. Daily quotas are almost impossible to reach but they don't care. We use to be able to listen to music on our phone, not anymore don't expect to be able to even look at your phone now, it's an automatic write up (but this doesn't apply to Management). Management has no clue how to keep morale up, but instead they use your words against you, turning them around to make it seem as though you are not a team player. Lastly, employees that know their job very well, seem to be over looked for promotions. All I can say is RUN in the other direction!!!!
Pros
Able to wear jeans at the corporate office
Cons
Raises, Poor Management, performance metrics
Great for PT students, horrible salary
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2018
I have worked as a rehab tech for a few years. Typical work day includes assisting patients with their exercises, wiping down gym equipment daily, answering phones, filling out patient intake forms, and making sure supplies is restocked, among other things.
My experience working here has taught me a lot and my co workers have prepared me for what to expect when I go to PT school.
Only negative I have is tech salary. You will get paid minimum wage no matter how long you have been there or if you have a bachelor’s degree like I do. I have received one raise, and that was basically taken away because the minimum wage went up this year. Therefore, the company just gave me the rest of the dollar and brought me back to minimum wage. Not acceptable.
Pros
Free lunches, work counts towards observation hours, flexible schedule
Cons
Salary, salary, and salary
Decent Pay but stressful environment
Central Referral Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  668 N. 44th St., Phoenix AZ 85008July 29, 2018
Working as a full time Intake Coordinator with ATI PT is pretty methodical and eventually wears on you due to the high volume of patients the company serves. Most of the work day is spent at a cubicle answering calls, so you'd need to be creative in getting through the day. The management at the office understands this so they make a great effort to provide fun office activities from time to time.
Pros
Fun office activities, decent hourly rate plus benefits
Cons
repetitive, methodical, a lot of sitting, stressful
Fast paced work environment
Finance/Compensation Manager (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJuly 25, 2018
Company has a lot of challenges for the employees to overcome including data integrity and antiquated systems. Lots of opportunity to develop. The best part is the people and the worst part would be the overwhelming deadlines.
Pros
good culture
Cons
terrible systems and no career development
Amazing.
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 24, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my rehab tech job at ATI and wish I had not left for a different job. The team atmosphere was fantastic and I miss it so much. The benefits for part time employees were great!
Benefits
Cons
Short lunch breaks
I respect myself too much to stay working here
Physical Therapist, Olympic Physical Therapy (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 22, 2018
They bought out my original company and changed the environment from caring and compassionate to employees and patients to more of a 'let's shove as many patients into a day as possible'. We went from 10-12 patients per day to 14-15 per day (8hr per day) and the Front Office staff were told to move patients onto PTA schedules to put in new patient evaluations. Patients were frustrated that they'd be passed around and I was frustrated because I had a plan of care in place that wasn't followed. We became Eval machines. My Clinic Director was awesome as she was my manager prior to the buyout. I was having to work on documentation much later than had been with the prior company and on weekends as well, just to stay on top of it all. ATI has their own documentation system which was very tech-archaic in nature to all of the current web-based EMR systems out there today. I stayed for about 2 years after the buyout, only because I loved working with my colleagues. Eventually, I just didn't want to be a part of this corporate BS and I quit. Out of the other PTs, 2 have quit also and the last two are on their way out the door. Such a shame. Also, without letting any of the Washington State clinics know, they stopped all CE funding for outside of ATI CE courses to "revamp" the CE program for a 6-8 month period. Their CE program now will only let you take certain CE courses. Colleagues who were on track to test for certain certifications, had to back out, as they were no longer going to be reimbursed for them.
ATI needs to recognize they need to treat their employees well and respect
  more... their time. Their bonus incentives sound appealing, but if someone leaves, they don't adjust the goals to reach those incentives. In my opinion, ATI is not a company that I could ever stand behind and I am glad I left.  less
Pros
My colleagues and my 2 mile commute.
Cons
Eval heavy, poor work-life balance, care more about the dollar than the person
company too big
CLINICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2018
I feel the company did not really care about their employes, they did not offer enough chances for advances,did not offer better pay chances, did not listen to our opions
Pros
clean work space
Cons
no breaks
Very fun place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2018
I loved my internship here. Everyone was so helpful and knowledgeable.
The therapists I worked under explained everything thoroughly and made sure that I knew what I was doing when interacting with the patients.
Busy yet fun
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 19, 2018
6-7 patients per day.. keeps you busy and the day goes by fast.
Also, I enjoy teaching the PT's, PTA's and even the OT's massage techniques. I learn from them while they learn from me!
Overall it's a great place to build yourself as a LMT and making new friends who can teach you more stuff within your scope of practice!
Enjoy working here, but overall pay is not worth it
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 16, 2018
Enjoy working my location, but they can't keep staff. We have been down 2 employees for almost 4 months and they still have not hired anyone, they hire for locationwith less volume. The office manager shows favoritism to one employee and treats the other like they are not valued. Not worth the pay either for all that has to done on a daily bases. And well bonuses are a joke. Also hours should be the same for ALL locations.
Pros
Patient interaction, clinic theme days
Cons
Pay and bonuses are had to reach

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATI Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight