Play YouTube video button

Featured review
ATI Physical Therapy selected this as a representative review
I highly recommend ATI Physical Therapy to perspective emplyoees
Physical Therapy Internship (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 25, 2018
A typical day's work for a Physical Therapy Technician includes working the front desk, following a checklist provided to you by an ATI clinical assistant which lists paperwork to be completed for patients seen that day. Using a computer patient's charts are pulled up where directions written by Physical Therapist are followed as you assist patients through their workout/therapy. This varies per patient and usually includes a variety of exercises and stretches addressing patient's individual's needs. Following patient workout/therapy a Physical Therapist sees patient and directs you to apply heat, ice and/or premod depending on patient's needs.

I learned how to collaborate with other staff to achieve the best results for patients and I learned how to balance working with 3 patients at the same time effectively. I was taught how to diffuse situations where individuals visiting the clinic might become anxious over insurance issues and/or dealing with extreme pain due to their injuries.

ATI Physical Therapy has an upbeat positive working environment. If an employee has a question or makes an error management is quick to respond in a positive manner to help/assist employee.

The hardest part of my job was the initial learning curve for the position. This lasted a very short time, due to the other employees in my clinic being so willing to teach and assist me as I became familiar with ATI.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working one on one with patients, encouraging them as they worked through their specific goals for recovery. Seeing a patient "graduate"
  more... from their treatment is very rewarding to me.  less
Pros
Free lunches provided for lunch meetings / Coupons
Good PT clinic
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WADecember 3, 2018
Examine and evaluate patients with a variety of musculoskeletal impairments, plan treatment and deliver care under supervision of my clinical instructor. Delegate appropriate responsibilities to physical therapy aids. Update and maintain electronic documentation to reflect treatment administered and patient progress.
Stressful workplace for techs
Rehab Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 3, 2018
Very stressful work place for everyone especially the techs
No room to grow unless you're pursuing school for this field
Not compensated fairly for techs
Techs take over when front desk is not in the office
PTO has to be put in 45 days in advance
Company network is terrible with constant crashes and locking people out of there accounts
Slow servers
Way to generous with no call no show patients and people who are late and do not call.
No implication of the no call no show rule
Company only cares about quantity of patients and how many they can get into the clinic at a time.
Pros
good coworkers depending on the clinic you're in.
Cons
Pay sucks
Productive and exciting place to work especially when trying to help those in need
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDNovember 27, 2018
I loved working here as a physical therapy assistant. It gave me a lot of feedback of what the average man goes through and it assures me that this is the correct job i want to be apart of and to do...
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The pay could have been a bit better but no complaints...
Insurance Verification Specialist
Assists the Supervising Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILNovember 15, 2018
Overall a great company to work for. Great work life balance and benefits. Everyone seems to get along well, and is very helpful. There is room for advancement if your willing to go for it.
Benefits
Cons
Corporate politics
Workplace
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILNovember 11, 2018
Working with different patients and people makes working here great. Each day is different whether it be a new patient or former patients coming to visit and bring food or snacks.
Pros
Meet people
Cons
the hourly pay
Relaxed with a friendly environment
Patient Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 11, 2018
I would have loved to continue working for ATI but my job was eliminated. I met so many nice co-workers and patients. The work place had a true family environment.
Pros
Family oriented
Driver (Former Employee) –  FloatingNovember 10, 2018
After recently leaving ATI , I was told I'm not eligible to receive my sick or vacation time I had errand. They only care about make money not in the care of there patients . Things have changed in last fee years. Very sad.
Cons
Long work days with no break.
Official response from ATI Physical Therapy
November 12, 2018

Thank you for your comments. Out of respect for our current and former team members, ATI will not discuss employee matters in a public forum.

Workplace
Lead Cash Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 7, 2018
Great job to start career. ATI will take a chance on you if they think you are capable of completing the job at hand. Once settled in it is challenging to get noticed for new opportunities.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
hard to get promoted
Not a good work place
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  MDNovember 6, 2018
Not a good work environment for women. Old boys club. Will always prefer male employees regardless of less experience and qualifications. Very little advancement opportunities and becoming more about numbers than patient care.
Pros
Used to be great work team..all leaving
Cons
A lot
Great company
PATIENT SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, MDNovember 4, 2018
I really enjoyed working for ATI. I was not planning on leaving but a better opportunity came. The employees at ATI are great. The therapist really know what they are doing and they love their profession. I would recommend ATI to anyone seeking physical therapy or a profession.
Terrible management and no growth strategy
Clinic Director (Current Employee) –  TNNovember 1, 2018
One of the worst companies I have ever worked for from a leadership and management perspective. There is no accountability and the therapists in charge have no leadership experience or competency. They want to grow the business and therefore open new clinics despite their current clinics losing money every month.
Pros
Cons
Poor leadership with no direction, Poor communication, No accountability
Poor work/life balance
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2018
Emphasis remains on patients always and never on clinicians. High pressure from corporate to just get people through the door regardless of scheduling. The continuing education available is a nice perk but they are limiting how much outside education they offer and only are performing most credits in house through MedBridge or classes at clinics making it difficult to choose and mold yourself off of CEU's. Overall would recommend other companies over this one.
I do not recommend working here/many options in Charleston now
Clinic Director (Current Employee) –  SCOctober 27, 2018
Poor compensation when in a clinic not supported.
Poor pay compared to other PT companies.
Weak mentorship program.
Poor advancement.
White male leadership dominant.
Cons
Compensation
ATI will help you prepare for Physical Therapy School
REHABILITATION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILOctober 24, 2018
ATI has been one of the most enjoyable times to try to get yourself in the door and see if Physical Therapy is the right field for you or not. As a rehab technician, it was a very faced job where you are always on your feet, folding towels, keeping the environment clean, assist the physical therapist and physical therapist assistant, and provide a positive environment for patients.
Pay is too low for workload done
REGIONAL FRONT OFFICE COORDINATOR-FLOATER (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 17, 2018
Depending on your title compensation is ridiculous in relation to the work load. Front office does not get paid fairly for how much work is done and the stress that comes with it.
I loved working for SOR but ATI is a company about the numbers and not the patient care.
Physical Therapist Technician (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 10, 2018
I originally worked for SOR for 2 years until ATI bought the company. The staff that I worked with for the 4 years with the company were amazing and I loved them! All of the PTs & PTAs have now left to pursue others companies within their field. The actual ATI company is not a company I would recommend someone work for that is more interested in helping a patient heal and achieve their functional goals since ATI is a bigger company that is only interested in the over all numbers and not the care given to patients.
Productive workplace
Manager of Field Service (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 8, 2018
Office politics and long term direction is not clear. Tenure of employees is low. The IT department requires deeper values and is low on the IT Corporate maturity model.

I enjoyed the hiring manager and team, how ever short tenured.
Pros
Enjoyable culture
Cons
Lacks Direction
Stressful work environment
Athletic Trainer Licensed State of Washington (Former Employee) –  Fife, WASeptember 17, 2018
A company that prides themselves as patient centered, it is really about numbers. Going away from 1:1 care to stacking patents and providing substandard care.
Pros
Most of the staff are friendly
Cons
Managers make for a stressful environment.
Exciting, fast paced, rapidly growing company
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 16, 2018
Fun atmosphere to work in. Inspiring and empowering. Very well educated therapists with a passion for helping people recover safely and quickly so they can get back to their normal daily routines.
Pros
Fun, exciting, inspiring
Cons
Low pay, lack of advancement
Upbeat, fast paced environment
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT/LEAD CLINICIAN (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 29, 2018
Opportunities for advancement. Quarterly bonus potential. Multiple locations in area. Clinical Education opportunities. Job security. Busy schedule. .
Pros
Possibilities for advancement
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATI Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight