ATI Physical Therapy

• Overall satisfaction

Great opportunity for growth

Featured review

ATI Physical Therapy selected this as a representative review
I’ve been with the company for 7 years. Started as a staff PT and through hard work was given the opportunity to become a clinical director, followed by being able to open my own clinic, and then progressed to overseeing multiple sites. The marketing team does a great job or coaching you and helping you make physician connections in the community. My boss has been a great mentor and has helped me develop my clinical skills as well as managerial skills. Prior to COVID there was a great work culture with planned team activities to help build relationships.

Pros

Opportunity for growth

Good benefits but not worth the ridiculous expectations

This company claims that they put quality patient care as their top priority, but their number one goal is to put money in their pockets. Not to mention they treat employees like garbage. For PTAs, the expectation is 12 patients in an 8 hour day, to charge 4 or more units per patient, and to complete your documentation while treating patients. This company is not what it was when I joined initially and their priorities have really gone downhill since COVID. They fired all techs and cut the front office position during the pandemic. They also furloughed and cut hours for a lot of clinicians and never brought some of them back. There is no continuing education budget, you have to apply to get reimbursed for certain courses, otherwise you are responsible for all CEU costs. They offer free medbridge courses, but in my opinion they aren't very good. They also stopped reimbursing for license renewal. Sure, the benefits are pretty good, but this place is not worth damage to your mental health. If a holiday falls during the week, you are expected to work that Saturday to get the patients in the door. If it falls on a weekend, you get a floating holiday, but its frowned upon to use it around the actual holiday. I feel like a puppet and have lost so much of the passion I had for treating patients because of how much corporate tries to control patient care. I spent way too long here and am so glad to finally be leaving. It maybe isn't so bad if you can find a good team to work with, but my clinic director who also claims to get frustrated by corporate, has even started playing into the -

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Ridiculous expectations, work/life balance, poor patient care, employees are disposable

Professional & fun workplace, wonderful coworkers.

Great company to work and grow with! Patient satisfaction goal #1. Constantly abides by HIPPA regulations. This company really takes care of its employees!

Nice staff

Staff was nice, most patients made it enjoyable and pleasant. Was hired in a new position so hard to get a feel of what my role actually was, making it tough to feel fully involved.

All about the numbers

Poor management and opportunities for growth. They put their patients first at all costs and neglect their employees. A lot of micromanaging and company culture is all about numbers.

Pros

Compensation

Cons

poor continuing education, poor management, poor work life balance, poor opportunities for growth

September 24, 2021
We regret to hear about your experience. We are excited to share that there is a lot of opportunity for growth at ATI – from our Corporate Support Center to our more than 900 clinics across the country. For our clinicians specifically, we are adding developmental programs to help them reach their career goals – whether it is to further their clinical knowledge or move into leadership roles. Learn more: https://careers.atipt.com/development-programs.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Turning Around...hopefully

Overall, they are trying to right the wrongs that were done over the past year and a half. I am hopeful for the future, but do have some reluctance in what is to come.

Pros

Revamped incentive structure

Cons

Work-Life balance

Run!

The company let go the majority of the support staff. The therapist were required to answer phones, handle intake information, and schedule, all while treating patients. They only care about numbers and want to double and triple book the therapist. I was often times left alone in a clinic while treating patients , which is both unsafe and a huge liability. The “multi site” clinic directors are never available and there is no leadership.

Pros

Some flexibility in schedule

Cons

Low pay, no support, no leadership

September 25, 2021
Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. Patients always come first and they are at the heart of our work. We recognize the strain the staffing challenges are placing on team members. We want to assure you that we are actively addressing, on multiple fronts, the need for additional support in our clinics to meet the growing demand for our services.

Not that great

Hours are long and you have to be flexible for them but they won’t be flexible for you. Expected to do 3 different jobs for poor pay. About $14-16 for a tech. Will move you to other clinics last second. I started at 730 and my manager called me at 728 and told me I need to go to another clinic another 20 minutes away to help. Made a 20 minute commute 40 minutes. Therapist are rude and treat you more like a maid and put most of their work on you.

September 25, 2021
Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We recognize the strain the staffing challenges are placing on team members. We want to assure you that we are actively addressing, on multiple fronts, the need for additional support in our clinics to meet the growing demand for our services. Please contact hr@atipt.com to speak with an HR team member who can gather any additional insights you might be willing to share.

Buyer be warned

This is a horrible company, the CEO changed the company to make it look productive to go public and then got fired. They got rid of the good managers at the end of 2019 and the pandemic made the company worse.

September 28, 2021
We appreciate you sharing this candid feedback. Our leadership team is committed to listening to this feedback and developing actions to improve.

It’s okay here

I enjoy the people that I work with directly but don’t feel connected with the rest of the people working in the company. I don’t feel as if the compensation is great it’s not terrible but definitely not good.

Pros

Lower stress

Cons

No clear growth

September 28, 2021
Thank you for your review. We continue to evaluate our value offerings to team members in order to provide best-in-class, comprehensive total rewards packages. We regret to hear about your experience but value your feedback so we can continue to improve.

Jobs at ATI Physical Therapy

See more jobs

Worst employee support I have ever witnessed. Numbers are the only thing they care about. Patient care suffersAlways turn over of management , and nothing changed.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list…. Just don’t work here

September 28, 2021
While growing the company is certainly one of our goals, patients always come first and they are at the heart of our work. We appreciate you sharing this feedback, and it will be reviewed by our leadership team.

Corporate PT

My experience is that the almighty dollar is more important to ATI than providing quality therapy. Double bookings, expectations to clock out if the clinic wasn’t busy, yet having to clock back in, maybe hours later. The client daily schedule switched around constantly, often without telling the therapists. It was very difficult to be prepared without being notified.

Cons

Having to clocking out during quiet times yet still be available

September 28, 2021

Most clinics are busy, Quality of care depends on location and manager

I learned a lot as a PT Tech/Clinical Assistant here however that was more due to my PTs and Clinic Managers working with me. The company is straight forward and doesn't care about patients only the business side of PT.

Pros

Monthly meetings w/ food were provided by ATI, PTO is good, Exposed to a lot in outpatient PT

Cons

As a tech, you don't get much quality time with patients as most clinics are too busy for that, Corporate feeling but some locations are homier than others

September 28, 2021

Loved my coworkers. Upper management changed and working there wasnt as fun anymore.

The people I worked with made my job fun. All my coworkers made it a fun place to work. My manager at that time really cared about his workers. Loved working with the patients. They made my job worth coming to every day.

Pros

Free lunches once a month. Friday fun days once a month. Casual dress Fridays.

Cons

Upper management changed and took away a lot of our fun stuff.

September 28, 2021
Thank you for your review!.........................................

Depends what you're looking for

Benefits for full time begin immediately. 3 weeks PTO/year for full time, but they do not roll over. Difficult to get PTO approved due to lack of coverage. Sick time does roll over. Very numbers driven - personal performance does not factor into bonuses. PTAs don't make full weekly hours if patients cancel. Little to no raises and no advancement. No job security when COVID hit, with no consideration for tenure. Hours/schedules may differ based on needs of clinic. Evenings are always busy.

Pros

benefits, Pto

Cons

pay, evening hours

September 28, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. ATI values our team members and provides necessary balance. As a healthcare company, we promote a healthy work-life balance that aligns with our PTO and sick time offerings. Please contact hr@atipt.com to speak with an HR team member who can gather any additional insights you might be willing to share.

Okay gig for the most part

ATI is a corporation, plain and simple. In the company's view point, you're treated like a number as well as the patients. It's sad to say because I really enjoyed the patients I see and the employees I work with. But all and all at the end of the day the pay it little, understaff, and a lot of work for the pay you're getting.

September 28, 2021

good for getting into profession

good to get experience for entering the physical therapy world, you cant sustain a living doing this job but that's why it is a gateway into getting into PT school or working while in the PT school

October 6, 2021

You will burn out quickly

Worked with some great therapists but the demands and scheduling practices will leave you burned out quickly as you are required to see roughly 14-16 pts to keep up with productivity.

Pros

Lunch hour

Cons

Compensation case load

October 6, 2021

I enjoyed my patients and co workers yet the company is something else.

I worked until laid off due to covid. I think it was the best thing to be done with that place. Hated to leave my loyal patients yet was time. No advancement unless you drink their "koolaid", minimal pay raises, stressed to meet productivity demands.

Pros

short commute

Cons

high productivity demands, no advancement

October 6, 2021

Great, supportive co-workers. Management too much about numbers.

Hours are flexible to a degree, but they won't allow you to adjust to work any less than 40 hrs and you are required to work some days a week to 7pm. Patients are scheduled every 1/2hr with doubles required at certain times of the day. 1 hr time slots for evaluations but you may still be working with the previous patient through 1/2 of that time. As a physical therapist, you are required to schedule your patients, discuss them with insurance case managers, verify their insurance forms are properly filled out, and talk to patients about rescheduling when they call in to cancel - this is including the 50% of your patients that are being covered by a PTA/PTA's. You may get new evaluations stuffed into your schedule with only 5 minutes' notice. Management hounds you over cancellations, fitting patients in, no matter the cost to your own mental health/ sanity, all while stating that they want to support you and help you. Unfortunately, the vastly supportive/ encouraging co-workers are in the same boat so you end up helping each other to bear it rather than enjoying the day together as ought to be the case. Pay is terrible and unfair. New grads paid fairly well. Experience not valued. Very little room for career growth as management positions require travel and difficult to come by salary improvement.

Pros

encouraging co-workers, somewhat flexible hours, lots of locations to choose from

Cons

low pay, management is two-faced (money first, clinicians last while stating the opposite), overworked, high stress, always raising job requirements with no corresponding pay increase

October 6, 2021
We regret to hear about your experience. Your feedback is important, and it will be reviewed by leadership to evaluate ways we can continue to improve the team member experience.

Do not waste your time.

When I put in my 2 weeks notice, they complained that I didn’t give 4. There is NO PTO payout so what’s the incentive for me to give 4? None. They gave me 13 days to tell my previous employer, when I asked for 4 weeks. So they are definitely hypocrites in that scenario. Also, they didn’t correct my timecard correctly so my last paycheck was less than it should be (out of spite? Possibly). When I worked in the clinic, every single PT complained about the company. “It’s not like it used to be years ago.” “They actually cared about the employees. Not anymore”. Very negative atmosphere. Two people were quitting when I quit. Not a great company to work for. They only care about the numbers, not the people. Also require you to sign a non-compete. What a cult!!! Please do not apply here, not worth it. You will be unhappy.

Pros

They’re nice to you until you question them

Cons

Pay, very spiteful, rude, negative environment, no room for advancement, cult-like atmosphere.

October 6, 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATI Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare ATI Physical Therapy with

• ATI Physical Therapy
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?