ATI Physical Therapy

• Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

It’s okay here

I enjoy the people that I work with directly but don’t feel connected with the rest of the people working in the company. I don’t feel as if the compensation is great it’s not terrible but definitely not good.

Pros

Lower stress

Cons

No clear growth

September 28, 2021
Thank you for your review. We continue to evaluate our value offerings to team members in order to provide best-in-class, comprehensive total rewards packages. We regret to hear about your experience but value your feedback so we can continue to improve.

Good benefits but not worth the ridiculous expectations

This company claims that they put quality patient care as their top priority, but their number one goal is to put money in their pockets. Not to mention they treat employees like garbage. For PTAs, the expectation is 12 patients in an 8 hour day, to charge 4 or more units per patient, and to complete your documentation while treating patients. This company is not what it was when I joined initially and their priorities have really gone downhill since COVID. They fired all techs and cut the front office position during the pandemic. They also furloughed and cut hours for a lot of clinicians and never brought some of them back. There is no continuing education budget, you have to apply to get reimbursed for certain courses, otherwise you are responsible for all CEU costs. They offer free medbridge courses, but in my opinion they aren't very good. They also stopped reimbursing for license renewal. Sure, the benefits are pretty good, but this place is not worth damage to your mental health. If a holiday falls during the week, you are expected to work that Saturday to get the patients in the door. If it falls on a weekend, you get a floating holiday, but its frowned upon to use it around the actual holiday. I feel like a puppet and have lost so much of the passion I had for treating patients because of how much corporate tries to control patient care. I spent way too long here and am so glad to finally be leaving. It maybe isn't so bad if you can find a good team to work with, but my clinic director who also claims to get frustrated by corporate, has even started playing into the -

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Ridiculous expectations, work/life balance, poor patient care, employees are disposable

Okay

No job security. Pay was decent. Management was terrible. Profit is the main objective. Pay was good. Loved the patients and co-workers. High stress with management pressure to meet profit requirements.

All about the numbers

Poor management and opportunities for growth. They put their patients first at all costs and neglect their employees. A lot of micromanaging and company culture is all about numbers.

Pros

Compensation

Cons

poor continuing education, poor management, poor work life balance, poor opportunities for growth

September 24, 2021
We regret to hear about your experience. We are excited to share that there is a lot of opportunity for growth at ATI – from our Corporate Support Center to our more than 900 clinics across the country. For our clinicians specifically, we are adding developmental programs to help them reach their career goals – whether it is to further their clinical knowledge or move into leadership roles. Learn more: https://careers.atipt.com/development-programs.

Depends what you're looking for

Benefits for full time begin immediately. 3 weeks PTO/year for full time, but they do not roll over. Difficult to get PTO approved due to lack of coverage. Sick time does roll over. Very numbers driven - personal performance does not factor into bonuses. PTAs don't make full weekly hours if patients cancel. Little to no raises and no advancement. No job security when COVID hit, with no consideration for tenure. Hours/schedules may differ based on needs of clinic. Evenings are always busy.

Pros

benefits, Pto

Cons

pay, evening hours

September 28, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. ATI values our team members and provides necessary balance. As a healthcare company, we promote a healthy work-life balance that aligns with our PTO and sick time offerings. Please contact hr@atipt.com to speak with an HR team member who can gather any additional insights you might be willing to share.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

You will burn out quickly

Worked with some great therapists but the demands and scheduling practices will leave you burned out quickly as you are required to see roughly 14-16 pts to keep up with productivity.

Pros

Lunch hour

Cons

Compensation case load

October 6, 2021
Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We recognize the strain the staffing challenges are placing on team members. We want to assure you that we are actively addressing, on multiple fronts, the need for additional support in our clinics to meet the growing demand for our services.

I enjoyed my patients and co workers yet the company is something else.

I worked until laid off due to covid. I think it was the best thing to be done with that place. Hated to leave my loyal patients yet was time. No advancement unless you drink their "koolaid", minimal pay raises, stressed to meet productivity demands.

Pros

short commute

Cons

high productivity demands, no advancement

October 6, 2021
We appreciate you sharing this candid feedback. Our leadership team is committed to listening to this feedback and developing actions to improve.

Great, supportive co-workers. Management too much about numbers.

Hours are flexible to a degree, but they won't allow you to adjust to work any less than 40 hrs and you are required to work some days a week to 7pm. Patients are scheduled every 1/2hr with doubles required at certain times of the day. 1 hr time slots for evaluations but you may still be working with the previous patient through 1/2 of that time. As a physical therapist, you are required to schedule your patients, discuss them with insurance case managers, verify their insurance forms are properly filled out, and talk to patients about rescheduling when they call in to cancel - this is including the 50% of your patients that are being covered by a PTA/PTA's. You may get new evaluations stuffed into your schedule with only 5 minutes' notice. Management hounds you over cancellations, fitting patients in, no matter the cost to your own mental health/ sanity, all while stating that they want to support you and help you. Unfortunately, the vastly supportive/ encouraging co-workers are in the same boat so you end up helping each other to bear it rather than enjoying the day together as ought to be the case. Pay is terrible and unfair. New grads paid fairly well. Experience not valued. Very little room for career growth as management positions require travel and difficult to come by salary improvement.

Pros

encouraging co-workers, somewhat flexible hours, lots of locations to choose from

Cons

low pay, management is two-faced (money first, clinicians last while stating the opposite), overworked, high stress, always raising job requirements with no corresponding pay increase

October 6, 2021
We regret to hear about your experience. Your feedback is important, and it will be reviewed by leadership to evaluate ways we can continue to improve the team member experience.

Good company to start off with after college.

It’s a good company to work for as a job right after college. For the most part I enjoyed the coworkers. Work load was I bit too much for the salary.

October 6, 2021

Its a company that the longer you have worked the more you watch it crumble away

ATI Physical Therapy is a company that tries to be an illusion. Ive had 4 years of experience as a massage therapist for the company and from day 1 i have only seen it crumble with poor management that is replaced more often then the average therapist positions. I have worked in 4 locations for ATI and everyone that was great at the job have all quit. ATI started off as my dream job leaving school. I was promised a 50k starting wage 401k options great PTO/sick time and one of the best continued education packages i have ever seen. But each year they removed more and more of these benefits. I was offered the chance to work for ati multiple times but had to wait 2 and a half months with lower pay and less benefits before i was given my first location to work at. Also sadly management was so under trained and mismanaged there was no real opportunity or drive to get promoted in the company. And in thise 4 years i made only an extra .76 cents more. I took a brand new location that was offering a part time position with only 15 hours and turned it into a full time fully booked massage program. If you want a day job that pays you one price and is happy to overwork you then this is the place.

Pros

Fellow employees are friendly and helpful.

Cons

No real opportunity to better oneself and poor management.

October 7, 2021

Jobs at ATI Physical Therapy

See more jobs

Horrible place to work for

They allow incompetent people manage with no experience or will. And are horrible to the good workers but promote the worst less productive employess because they want to be friends.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Everything else

Constant changes

Still waiting to see the benefits of what it means for the company to have gone Public. So far for the staff a lot has not changed. Benefits are still the same and have not gotten better. Constantly told incentives program could be pulled at anytime.

Pros

Autonomy

Cons

Benefits and career direction

overall an ok place to work

Too many patients , does not allow for fair one to one with patients .no real lunch breaks . No allowance for CEUs . No job security . Good team mates make a work day go by faster and smoother.

It’s all a numbers game

Do not let the job descriptions fool you. This was once an awesome company to work for. Work had a community culture where I didn’t mind staying late, working off the clock, and essentially going above and beyond because this company & this team was so amazing!After the pandemic with a new CEO things have turned downhill fast. I stuck it out for another year hoping for the best, but things have only gotten worse. Here’s what it looks like now:As a PTA you expected to see an average of 13 patients/day. However, this is usually on the lower side of things. An average would look like 17/day, a super slow day would be 9. You are expected to be well versed in all front office tasks as those are handled at the clinic level, while you are treating patients. This includes answering the phones, scheduling and rescheduling appointments, verifying insurance benefits, submitting insurance forms for authorization, all types of workers compensation paperwork, laundry, cleaning (which now includes wiping absolutely every contacted surface), taking co-pays, handling billing disputes, and all this while treating multiple patients at the same time. Usually there is at least one support staff (tech) in each clinic, some of the busier clinics have 2, but that 1 person is supposed to help out at least 2 clinicians (up to 4) at a time. It’s simply not enough hands or focus on patient care.I will say that the pay is not terrible and the benefits are good. If you listen to the rules and play the numbers game there’s the ability to bonus financially to a pretty decent amount - hundreds of dollars -

Pros

Tons of benefits, long lunches, free continuing education

Cons

Poor inconsistent schedule, understaffed

Bullying in workplace

Management was wonderful and encouraging, but there was a lot of workplace bullying happening through the skype chatrooms. Pay was not good for what was required of us. Work/life balance was so/so.

Pros

Fundraiser events, nice management

Cons

coworker bullying and hostility, very underpaid

Great patients, staff gets close, corporate is awful.

The interview was extremely misleading. I was told I'd be doing certain day to day tasks, but when I arrived, I learned those tasks would double. I received little to no training. They would not discuss pay until the day I received my contract to work. It's much lower than it should be. They want someone with lots of experience and with a degree but want to pay you only slightly over minimum wage.I had a conversation about a raise with HR, during the conversation I was told I would not receive any kind/amount of raise and if I am not happy with that, I should consider finding a new job. The only reason I asked is because I learned a newly hired employee with less experience and no degree was making quite a bit more than I was, even though ATI stated they could not afford to pay me more. Corporate does not care about their employees whatsoever. The PTA's are beyond busy every single day. They will have up to 4 patients at a time. The PT's have to schedule patients every 30 minutes and could also end up having 3-4 patients at the same time. Sometimes this would go on for their entire 12 hour shift. Throughout my experience with ATI, it was clear they truly only cared about one thing, making money. They try much harder to build more clinics than make sure their employees are in a decent environment. They placed the weight of the patient experience on the clinicians, which is uncalled for. The only thing that made this job halfway enjoyable to me was the relationship I build with my clinic staff and the patients. They were all amazing people and would help you forget the rest -

Pros

staff become friends, patients are awesome

Cons

HR is misleading, underpaid and overworked

Could be ran better from top down

Documentation system is good. PTO/sick time Is good. Caseload isn't awful. Terrible management. You're only a number , no matter how hard you work and will easily be replaced. Low pay as well. Cannot trust anyone. Fake.

Pros

Time off, documentation, caseload

Cons

Management, pay

Good first PT job

ATI pays well, has good benefits and is well-organized. I always felt supported and there was efficient communication between management. However, there does seem to be a high turnover rate of therapists.

Good people but low pay

Outreach ATC position was very low even for entry level based in the responsibilities expected. Had good managers and coworkers with good intentions but couldn’t justify staying due to pay.

Great coworkers

In my opinion, ATI only hires the best and the brightest. Most of the OSS (support staff) have a kinesiology degree or a lot of experience which makes our job as assistants or therapists more productive. In each of the clinics I have worked at the emphasis is placed on teams and working with the same team. Everyone works hard to support each other including the CD. PTO is easy to request, medical benefits are decent. Like every company, it has its pros and cons.

Pros

Knowledgeable coworkers

Cons

Reimbursement

Focused on money and numbers

ATI is typical corporate PT mill that is eating up all the local clinics and driving productivity and numbers to make a profit. I love the patients I work with but continuity of care is non existent in this company which ruins the patient care experience. You are pressed by management to schedule everyone for 3x/wk for 6wks minimum and even if you set a POC that has continuity of care between the PT and one PTA management is constantly tweaking the schedule and shifting patients around to get more evals and new patients. It's a great company to get short term experience as a new grad because you will quickly learn what terrible management looks like and how mills operate which will give you a lot of motivation to be a better clinician and know what to look out for in future positions. Definitely not a good environment to plan a long term career.

Pros

Clinicians and support staff if you are in a good clinic

Cons

Expected to work through lunch, high volume and productivity, no continuity of care, poor benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATI Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare ATI Physical Therapy with

• ATI Physical Therapy
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?