ATI Physical Therapy

• Overall satisfaction

Great opportunity for growth

Featured review

ATI Physical Therapy selected this as a representative review
I’ve been with the company for 7 years. Started as a staff PT and through hard work was given the opportunity to become a clinical director, followed by being able to open my own clinic, and then progressed to overseeing multiple sites. The marketing team does a great job or coaching you and helping you make physician connections in the community. My boss has been a great mentor and has helped me develop my clinical skills as well as managerial skills. Prior to COVID there was a great work culture with planned team activities to help build relationships.

Pros

Opportunity for growth

Do not waste your time.

When I put in my 2 weeks notice, they complained that I didn’t give 4. There is NO PTO payout so what’s the incentive for me to give 4? None. They gave me 13 days to tell my previous employer, when I asked for 4 weeks. So they are definitely hypocrites in that scenario. Also, they didn’t correct my timecard correctly so my last paycheck was less than it should be (out of spite? Possibly). When I worked in the clinic, every single PT complained about the company. “It’s not like it used to be years ago.” “They actually cared about the employees. Not anymore”. Very negative atmosphere. Two people were quitting when I quit. Not a great company to work for. They only care about the numbers, not the people. Also require you to sign a non-compete. What a cult!!! Please do not apply here, not worth it. You will be unhappy.

Pros

They’re nice to you until you question them

Cons

Pay, very spiteful, rude, negative environment, no room for advancement, cult-like atmosphere.

October 6, 2021
While growing the company is certainly one of our goals, patients always come first and they are at the heart of our work. We appreciate you sharing this feedback, and it will be reviewed by our leadership team.

Good company to start off with after college.

It’s a good company to work for as a job right after college. For the most part I enjoyed the coworkers. Work load was I bit too much for the salary.

October 6, 2021

Okay place to work for before COVID

The company gave all front office employees 8 weeks to find something new or apply for another position that had nothing to do with administrative work. They wouldn’t disclose pay rate for this new position, and did not guarantee you would get re-hired. I had a great boss but the company itself didn’t handle things well with COVID.

October 6, 2021
We regret to hear about your experience. Your feedback is important, and it will be reviewed by leadership to evaluate ways we can continue to improve the team member experience.

Forget Corporate

They run their therapists ragged then act surprised when they quit within a few months. The corporate office refuses to allow flexibility with working from home. You MUST come into the office. HR has no sympathy for those with disabilities (ridiculous coming from a company that *literally deals with disabled people*). I was both denied the ability to have my service dog in the office and denied the ability to work from home. I literally do not feel safe working for this company anymore.Also, the company has gone public at the expense of the patients. They're getting subpar care in order to keep stakeholders happy.

Pros

Decent health insurance

Cons

No flexibility, shamed for using sick days

October 6, 2021

Overall a good stepping stone for PTA's just starting out but overworked and under paid

Great co-workersPoorly managedOverworked (seeing too many patients)Enjoy working with patients and seeing a variety of different injuriesFamily atmosphere

Pros

Co-workers, Great Patients

Cons

Overworked

Energetic work environment

ATI had an amazing training program that was very extensive and detailed. Trainers were amazing and very personable. The company made you feel like your job mattered. The pay was a little low for the amount of work you put in but the environment is so friendly that it made you want to go to work. There was office drama, but that is expected.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

Low pay

October 6, 2021

Nice concept poor company execution

High turnover, was a clinic manager and never saw my regional manager who was supposed to train me. I was expected to do everything in my clinic without any assistance and promoted to bill outside of my ethical compass. I would not ever return unless they changed culture by hiring staff that actually care abs managers who are not ALWAYS profit driven.

Pros

Many locations

Cons

non compete clauses, poor pay

October 6, 2021
We appreciate you sharing this candid feedback. Our leadership team is committed to listening to this feedback and developing actions to improve.

Sports medicine is great, whole company not so much

The sports medicine division is amazing. Directors, managers, and staff are all great to work with and fight for the employees. Executive team above the directors do not appreciate the athletic trainers at all. Just treated as an expense and not valued - the salaries reflect that.

October 6, 2021
Thank you for your review. We continue to evaluate our value offerings to team members in order to provide best-in-class, comprehensive total rewards packages. We regret to hear about your experience but value your feedback so we can continue to improve.

Nice place to work

The culture at ATI has changed for the better. You must be a person that is okay with change because there is always a change within the company. Overall, it is a good place to work

October 6, 2021
Thank you for your review..................................

Jobs at ATI Physical Therapy

See more jobs

Its a company that the longer you have worked the more you watch it crumble away

ATI Physical Therapy is a company that tries to be an illusion. Ive had 4 years of experience as a massage therapist for the company and from day 1 i have only seen it crumble with poor management that is replaced more often then the average therapist positions. I have worked in 4 locations for ATI and everyone that was great at the job have all quit. ATI started off as my dream job leaving school. I was promised a 50k starting wage 401k options great PTO/sick time and one of the best continued education packages i have ever seen. But each year they removed more and more of these benefits. I was offered the chance to work for ati multiple times but had to wait 2 and a half months with lower pay and less benefits before i was given my first location to work at. Also sadly management was so under trained and mismanaged there was no real opportunity or drive to get promoted in the company. And in thise 4 years i made only an extra .76 cents more. I took a brand new location that was offering a part time position with only 15 hours and turned it into a full time fully booked massage program. If you want a day job that pays you one price and is happy to overwork you then this is the place.

Pros

Fellow employees are friendly and helpful.

Cons

No real opportunity to better oneself and poor management.

October 7, 2021

PT is fun

The PT side is great. Varied diagnosis keeps boredom from setting in; however, management does not rate communication with clinics very high. Hit your productivity numbers and management will leave you alone. Probably.Upper management is not populated by therapists.

October 7, 2021
Thank you for sharing this information. Our leadership team is committed to listening to this feedback and developing actions to improve our communication channels with our teams.

Corporate executives have run this company into the ground

Was once a fantastic company for both the patients and the employees. Now? The only thing that matters is the bottom line. The last year was a soul- crushing experience. So glad I left.

Pros

Great coworkers. Varied diagnoses kept things interesting.

Cons

PTO policy is ridiculous, pay is average at best, company culture and morale sucks.

Worst employer ever

If I could give a 0 I would. ATI only cares about numbers and not their employees or patients. Corporate ran business

Horrible place to work for

They allow incompetent people manage with no experience or will. And are horrible to the good workers but promote the worst less productive employess because they want to be friends.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Everything else

Constant changes

Still waiting to see the benefits of what it means for the company to have gone Public. So far for the staff a lot has not changed. Benefits are still the same and have not gotten better. Constantly told incentives program could be pulled at anytime.

Pros

Autonomy

Cons

Benefits and career direction

Fun, friendly environment with opportunities for growth

ATI is Great company to work for. Mentorship and leadership provided at the clinics Pt centered / outcomes based focus. ATI believe in team work and quality of care.

Depends on the management.

Easy to learn. Rewarding from patients. The job is easy if you are emphatic and in good shape. Must be friendly, but professional. I really did enjoy working in this environment.

overall an ok place to work

Too many patients , does not allow for fair one to one with patients .no real lunch breaks . No allowance for CEUs . No job security . Good team mates make a work day go by faster and smoother.

Great environment but low pay

The best part about working for ATI is definitely the people you get to work with, high energy and positive environment. It’s very rewarding work as you get to experience patient’s improvements first hand.

Pros

Environment

Cons

Low pay

It’s all a numbers game

Do not let the job descriptions fool you. This was once an awesome company to work for. Work had a community culture where I didn’t mind staying late, working off the clock, and essentially going above and beyond because this company & this team was so amazing!After the pandemic with a new CEO things have turned downhill fast. I stuck it out for another year hoping for the best, but things have only gotten worse. Here’s what it looks like now:As a PTA you expected to see an average of 13 patients/day. However, this is usually on the lower side of things. An average would look like 17/day, a super slow day would be 9. You are expected to be well versed in all front office tasks as those are handled at the clinic level, while you are treating patients. This includes answering the phones, scheduling and rescheduling appointments, verifying insurance benefits, submitting insurance forms for authorization, all types of workers compensation paperwork, laundry, cleaning (which now includes wiping absolutely every contacted surface), taking co-pays, handling billing disputes, and all this while treating multiple patients at the same time. Usually there is at least one support staff (tech) in each clinic, some of the busier clinics have 2, but that 1 person is supposed to help out at least 2 clinicians (up to 4) at a time. It’s simply not enough hands or focus on patient care.I will say that the pay is not terrible and the benefits are good. If you listen to the rules and play the numbers game there’s the ability to bonus financially to a pretty decent amount - hundreds of dollars -

Pros

Tons of benefits, long lunches, free continuing education

Cons

Poor inconsistent schedule, understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATI Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare ATI Physical Therapy with

• ATI Physical Therapy
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?