ATI Physical Therapy

• Overall satisfaction

Great opportunity for growth

Featured review

ATI Physical Therapy selected this as a representative review
I’ve been with the company for 7 years. Started as a staff PT and through hard work was given the opportunity to become a clinical director, followed by being able to open my own clinic, and then progressed to overseeing multiple sites. The marketing team does a great job or coaching you and helping you make physician connections in the community. My boss has been a great mentor and has helped me develop my clinical skills as well as managerial skills. Prior to COVID there was a great work culture with planned team activities to help build relationships.

Pros

Opportunity for growth

Bullying in workplace

Management was wonderful and encouraging, but there was a lot of workplace bullying happening through the skype chatrooms. Pay was not good for what was required of us. Work/life balance was so/so.

Pros

Fundraiser events, nice management

Cons

coworker bullying and hostility, very underpaid

Great patients, staff gets close, corporate is awful.

The interview was extremely misleading. I was told I'd be doing certain day to day tasks, but when I arrived, I learned those tasks would double. I received little to no training. They would not discuss pay until the day I received my contract to work. It's much lower than it should be. They want someone with lots of experience and with a degree but want to pay you only slightly over minimum wage.I had a conversation about a raise with HR, during the conversation I was told I would not receive any kind/amount of raise and if I am not happy with that, I should consider finding a new job. The only reason I asked is because I learned a newly hired employee with less experience and no degree was making quite a bit more than I was, even though ATI stated they could not afford to pay me more. Corporate does not care about their employees whatsoever. The PTA's are beyond busy every single day. They will have up to 4 patients at a time. The PT's have to schedule patients every 30 minutes and could also end up having 3-4 patients at the same time. Sometimes this would go on for their entire 12 hour shift. Throughout my experience with ATI, it was clear they truly only cared about one thing, making money. They try much harder to build more clinics than make sure their employees are in a decent environment. They placed the weight of the patient experience on the clinicians, which is uncalled for. The only thing that made this job halfway enjoyable to me was the relationship I build with my clinic staff and the patients. They were all amazing people and would help you forget the rest -

Pros

staff become friends, patients are awesome

Cons

HR is misleading, underpaid and overworked

Could be ran better from top down

Documentation system is good. PTO/sick time Is good. Caseload isn't awful. Terrible management. You're only a number , no matter how hard you work and will easily be replaced. Low pay as well. Cannot trust anyone. Fake.

Pros

Time off, documentation, caseload

Cons

Management, pay

A disappointing experience

The work day was not structured at one of their locations in Kirkland (Totem Lake). With their work place culture, work time was more focused on winning a gold belt than educating me on the therapeutic modalities or what services they provided at their clinic. This made it difficult to adapt well with patients and the secret shoppers that called the clinic. The staff that I was supposed to be learning from were more obsessed with watching Disney channel movies on the flat screen T.V in the clinic. My training session the first month consisted on pressuring me to convince patients when they first walked in to donate to their companies charity by paying the staff to do exercises for them. While doing so, they would talk about graphic shows in front of patients. The rest of the time the current senior staff would be playing jokes on one another. There were times I questioned whether I was working with licensed accredited clinicians.With a typical day at work, the worst of it was being put with patients who have no respect for you because many patients want to see a licensed physical therapist. You are either disrespected for not being a medical professional, and contradicted in your instruction by patients who believe they don't have to listen to you because you hold a title of a aide. This is especially worse if you have to monitor three patients at a time who want individual time with a licensed physical therapist. This was definitely difficult with scheduling patients who were equally rude to you over the phone as well. The scheduling system was restricting you from scheduling -

Pros

Cons

Secret shoppers, Obsession about winning a gold belt, minimal patient care, inappropriate behavior by senior staff, you are disrespected by patients that want to see a Licensed Physical Therapist, Over utilizing aides

Good first PT job

ATI pays well, has good benefits and is well-organized. I always felt supported and there was efficient communication between management. However, there does seem to be a high turnover rate of therapists.

Great place to work at

I've been with ATI for 10 years. There have been many changes throughout the years, but have been able to understand the changes necessary to keep up with the even more rapid changes in healthcare in order to be sustainable. I love all the patients we get to work with, and the culture created between the staff and the patients. Patients have fun coming to our clinic, which helps them to be motivated to come to their sessions.

Decent place to work

There wasn’t much room for growth in the company. I did not like how the company seemed more like a factory as opposed to being patient oriented. However, I did enjoy working with my coworkers.

Overworked, no emphasis on quality of care, employees treated poorly

I had 1 week for orientation going into my first job and was given a more than full caseload during my 2nd week as a new grad. I was told there was going to be a mentorship and that never happened. There is a reason why the company is always looking for new hires...everyone quits due to being overworked. I never thought I would hate my job within a few months of just starting my career, but it happened. All they care about is productivity, never once was QUALITY OF CARE mentioned to me during my interview process or during my time working for them. All they care about is numbers. This was a last resort job for me because I needed a job during the pandemic. I wouldn't recommend anyone working for them.

Pros

Medbridge, big facility

Cons

worklife balance, number pushing

Great place to work!

Overall, a great place to gain experience as a clinical assistant. ATI has an upbeat, warm and laid back atmosphere. You will be required to not only work with patients but partake in administrative duties.

Jobs at ATI Physical Therapy

See more jobs

Good people but low pay

Outreach ATC position was very low even for entry level based in the responsibilities expected. Had good managers and coworkers with good intentions but couldn’t justify staying due to pay.

Great coworkers

In my opinion, ATI only hires the best and the brightest. Most of the OSS (support staff) have a kinesiology degree or a lot of experience which makes our job as assistants or therapists more productive. In each of the clinics I have worked at the emphasis is placed on teams and working with the same team. Everyone works hard to support each other including the CD. PTO is easy to request, medical benefits are decent. Like every company, it has its pros and cons.

Pros

Knowledgeable coworkers

Cons

Reimbursement

If i could give working at this company 0 stars I would

Do not work here. You are a number and management makes that very clear. Patients and coworkers are the only highlight of this job but management and clinic directors do not give an f about you.

Focused on money and numbers

ATI is typical corporate PT mill that is eating up all the local clinics and driving productivity and numbers to make a profit. I love the patients I work with but continuity of care is non existent in this company which ruins the patient care experience. You are pressed by management to schedule everyone for 3x/wk for 6wks minimum and even if you set a POC that has continuity of care between the PT and one PTA management is constantly tweaking the schedule and shifting patients around to get more evals and new patients. It's a great company to get short term experience as a new grad because you will quickly learn what terrible management looks like and how mills operate which will give you a lot of motivation to be a better clinician and know what to look out for in future positions. Definitely not a good environment to plan a long term career.

Pros

Clinicians and support staff if you are in a good clinic

Cons

Expected to work through lunch, high volume and productivity, no continuity of care, poor benefits

Just a number

Pay is comparable. Staff clinicians can have good incentive structure. Clinical directors have little say in office managing. Micro-managed from middle management. Office environment can make it a fair place to work as long as you are productive!

Pros

Staff incentives are decent if you work hard.

Cons

You are a number.

Started off great, then devolved

Used to be a great place to work but then the management decided to cut alot of our benefits and completely changed the bonus structure which became less lucrative and harder to achieve. There are many great people within the company but overall you are just a number.

The "family" atmosphere

I enjoy the work I do as a Scheduling Coordinator. At times, it's challenging but there is never a full moment. Everyone gets along well and there is no workplace drama.

Pros

Company lunches

Cons

Get very few of the holidays off

Stressed, Overworked, and Undervalued

My experience with working at ATI Physical Therapy was stressful for the most part. I worked as an Operations Support Specialist and during that time I felt stressed. The position I had was initially two separate jobs but because of COVID-19, the company combined those two jobs into one position. So, I practically doing the tasks of two jobs but I was only getting paid for one. Because of this, I was constantly bombarded with tasks, and while I was doing them to the best of my ability, I would get yelled or scolded at if I forgot one thing. Overall, it was a pretty hard experience.

Pros

Greeting and helping patients

Cons

Overworked, stressed, lack of communication

Started off great, went downhill.

I used to love working for the company, but many things changed during my time there. It started out very patient focused but got to be too much about the numbers.

Good for a rehab aid

While I was a rehab aid my Manager allowed me to have a stable schedule that allowed me to attend class and graduate school interviews. She was understanding and apologetic of any inappropriate behavior. Environment was friendly and fun but also a little stressful, as I'm sure all environments are.

Don’t trust corporate

It depends on your location. Corporate does not care about you and will replace you. They paid terribly compared to other jobs. They did not handle COVID well. They make therapist see three to five patients in a hour. They should only be seeing two patients in a hour. They do not give therapist time to do paperwork. They work through their lunches most days and then clock out if hourly and work for another one or two. Non clinical staff they want you to do two or three jobs that you might not have been trained on. You do not get support through corporate.

Pros

Clinic staff are nice

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATI Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss