Atkins
66Average

Atkins Employee Reviews

United States239 reviews
Good company
fair company, cannot evaluate due to lay-off caused by COVID-19 drop in oil prices. There are others who are in the same situation. Not much more to report
Great Company
Was flexible with my personal life, worked long hours but flexible if I had doctors appointments etc. friendly employees and great team work. I recommend this company.
Enjoyed performing crane operations on this
Enjoyed performing crane operations on this projectManagement was kind and respectful they were very safety oriented easy to talk with unless enjoyable experience I would like to work with him some more
Pros
Good pay
Cons
PBS&J could teach Atkins about loyalty to employees
As much as you may work or meet deadlines you are always a tool and need to fight to make yourself chargeable to clients your manager or supervisor will not help and will get rid of you to earn a bonus!
Cons
No loyalty
At TxTag Atkins management was not easy on contractors
The environment as a subcontractor under Atkins was one of difficulties and personality clashes that made the workplace a challenge. The team could have been much more successful had management chosen to be objective and geared more toward professionalism.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Terrible management. Ops manager would flat out lie to HR and area management and when they were told about it they’d just turned the other cheek
The manager was a complete liar and liked experience. Even heard her lie several several times to upper management and HR. However if you go to talk to them about it, they turn a blind eye. I watched that manager run off so many good workers. And to top it all off when she got her new boy toy and was dragging him around to the accounts, That he’s not supposed to be in, I ran into them one night. Did not have a confrontation at all. No words were said. For some reason he did not like me and from that night on I had no hours on my schedule and the manager would not answer my phone calls
No job security. Misleading managers
Manager only out to benefit himself and does not offer good advice or training to help new employees succeed.

You are hired to do a job and then not allowed to do it..
professional culture
Excellent worked on a lot of high profile projects tht provided a lot of exposure to new engineering skills and brout out my professional talents. I would recommend that you see thier virtual model tunnel.
Pros
Given a lot of oppurtunity to excell
Hire to Fire
Working for Atkins was one the most stressful jobs. The management was horrible and everyone quits. They are in the middle of contract negation. No job is promised. They do not have progressions like other areas on SRS. Truly a hire to fire mentality.
Pretty standard
For me working at Atkins was an excellent introduction to the world of IT. There were the standard small issues that needed to be fixed as well as the daily maintenance of the network devices. There was even that one person that hates working there but somehow is in charge of other people and makes their jobs very difficult.
The travel is great
. They get you great hotels on travel and the work is not complicated. It is fast paced and they allow you to work from home when you're not traveling.
It's chaotic
No communication. Except for when they get a complaint. No praise. Job security is Shakey because you don't know if you'll have or even want the job. Don't let them make promises because they're not kept.
Productive and Fun Work Place!
GREAT company with Great benefits and Great Pay, Great employee incentives, ample Vacation time, The company gave away a new car as on employee perfect attendance award.
Opportunities
I was given the opportunity to learn new techniques, programs, and skills. I enjoyed being a part of all the projects, through my work as Document Manager, Project Coordinator Assistant, and Administrative Assistant.
Continuous Learning
Atkins provides continuous education in order to succeed, thoroughly reinforcing training and knowledge for success. The relationships between fellow co-workers is supportive, but yet fun - serious when we must be serious.
Fairly
It’s a good job for some one who loves to be home a lot easy work just hard to work when the weather is bad or wet out side cause u wouldn’t be able to work or make any money
Exciting jobs and workplace
Atkins was a Great place to work, friendly faces and everyone wants to help. I was always excited to get to the office and get working on the next project.
Atkins is a great place to work!
I enjoy my job with Atkins! I enjoy working with the other employees. The job is a good work out. The job is repetitive but satisfying. There is comfort in repetition.
Very good
Great ppl, job. Contracting for them sucks, no reality concerning lgth of assignment. No warning at all, just told to leave. Good work, good equipment, great support.
Peaceful quite an alone
The job is okay i guess but they pay nothing for all they expect you to do in a 3 hour time frame costing you to have a incomplete. But over all not having someone breathing down your neck checking behind you with a white glove is a plus.
Horrible HR department
No Pat's on the back or you know given by bosses. I've never felt and been accused of being a liar and bad person by those who should be supportive! It's a sad sight at Atkin's.