Atkinson-Baker, Inc Employee Reviews

Horrible
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 2, 2019
would never recommend this place to anyone. Low pay and overworks their employees. They trick you by offering you the position right there and then but the stress and job satisfaction is not worth is.
Dependent on the Department
BILLING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 3, 2019
I absolutely loved working in the accounting department. The hard part was the demand of the job. The VP of Accounting was amazing and always tried to balance the stress of the job and the well-being of her juniors. However, the stress of the job still demanded the work be complete at the end of the week which required 40-60 hour work week. The executives don't care or even try to pretend to care about the employee and will only focus on your output.
Good benefits for a private company
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 8, 2018
I enjoyed working there. They train in house, so its a great place for people with little to no office exp. Wonderful first job. I'm glad I got to have the chance to work for this company.
Look elsewhere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 26, 2018
As a CSR at Atkinson-Baker, make sure they don't rush you through training. They did not give me adequate time to familiarize myself with their Dianetics-based office structure, and I was subsequently fired for being overworked. Terrible management, a puppy mill for recent college graduates.
Pros
Cons
They listen to you secretly
Run away!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 14, 2018
Hellish 8:30-5:00 p.m. hours
Stressful environment and the pay was terrible.
No raises unless you ask for one and they can still deny it.
Poor upper management never listens to their workers.
My co-workers were chill.
The clients are big crybabies.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with poor management, terrible court reporters, and whining clients who will borderline harass you to get what they want.
As a Customer Service Representative, we were required to take jobs home with us as if it wasn't bad enough that we have to deal with it 8+ hours already.

Honestly, there's high turnover.
The production department is a mess. People seem to care less about everything.

Stay away, don't bother with this place!
Cons
stressful, poor management, low pay
Freelance court reporter
Court Reporter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CASeptember 13, 2018
HOrrible work. They have pets and NEVER rotate the calendar. If they give you a good job they take it away from you. Stay clear from this place. They are big on Scientology too.
Good Stepping Stone
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 6, 2018
This is a good company to work for as a stepping stone or to fill up your resume. No one here stays for a long time. Very high turnover. The people and managers are great, but that does not pay your bills. Wage is very low. If you are in need for office experience, this is the place. And as you may have read before, this company is affiliated with Scientology.
Pros
Coworkers.
Cons
Low wage.
productive workplace
Calendar Clerk and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 26, 2018
This is a typical office job with a cubicle and computer that you type at every day with 2 breaks and lunch. if you want an office job this is for you.
Stressful environment
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Learned how to create transcripts, create letters, for attorneys, witness's, make copies of exhibits, working for a court reporting facility contact court reporters.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
health insur
Court Reporting Agency
E-transcript Receiver (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Document scanning, file conversion, heavy photocopying, and occasional OT. The training is a little weird since you use workbooks, like the ones you used in grade school; lots of pictures, fill in the blank, and mini paragraphs.
Good Career Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 2, 2017
The company is fast-paced, with lots of communication back and forth all day. The clientele are from the legal industry, so you have to have an understanding of what is needed by them, which is responsiveness and being organized. Management is good. They care about the team members and are fair. I enjoy the training opportunity for not only the industry but also supervisor skills. The benefits are decent.
Pros
It's a nice building in an area with lots of restaurants and shops.
Cons
Nothing I can think of.
Meh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 8, 2017
Non-existent work culture, empty promises of raises, bonuses, and promotions, and consistently high turnover rates led this business to be a very unattractive work environment.
As a court reporter, one is free to set work parameters as long as one maintains high quality of work. Their reporters' rates are comparable in LA.
Deposition Court Reporter (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 17, 2017
At ABI there is a high volume of work. My supervisors were very helpful and understanding. There is some pressure to accept assignments you don't want, but being flexible is important in order to keep a good rapport with all personnel as well as clients. I enjoyed the work and feel that I was a valued person in the team.
Pros
Lots of work available for freelancers.
Cons
A lot of driving, pressure to take unwanted assignments
Good Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 13, 2017
This is a good place to work if you are interested in the legal industry. We have a training room for training all new hires and the training is very thorough. If you don't like studying, this place probably isn't for you. Likewise, if you are looking for a quick and easy paycheck - probably not the place for you either. But if you are willing to learn and work hard, there is opportunity for advancement here. It's also one of the nicest office environments I have ever worked in, and it's in a great area. There are a lot of people who have been here a very long time. I plan on being one of them.
Pros
Really nice office environment in a nice area with alot of good eateries.
Cons
The usual small percentage of folks who get involved in office gossip
Management is not your friend
Client Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 10, 2017
I worked for ABI for 2 years and in that time I was very disappointed with the managements blatant disregard for their employees. There is hardly any room for advancement and they encourage a finger pointing environment. They do not ask if you want overtime but assign it at the last minute. They say overtime is optional but they will guilt you into overtime or they will complain that you aer not a team player if you do not do overtime.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
Management, High stress, Low pay, Long hours
Really Hard to Stay Motivated
Sales (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 26, 2017
Staff turnover makes it hard to get to know peers, feel like work is preformed to clients' standards and provides a low morale. Very little is done to boost morale, keep staff motivated and seems like many of the employees have to beg for a raise.
The company seems to do a good job of staying with the times, but the lack of love they give to their "entry level" employees is shown in the turnover.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
the culture, the lack of warmth
Enjoyable Workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 25, 2017
This company is involved in an interesting field of work which makes for an interesting workday. I enjoyed solving unique problems on a regular basis. I was never bored working here and enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Pros
Lots of great places for lunch.
Its ok
Litigation Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 19, 2017
Set your expectations low, people are great, management is okay
promotions are quick but always be careful and never be too confident in your station.
stressful and no training
Reporter Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 30, 2017
dreaded going into work since it was very stressful and there was little to no help from management. the HR people were no help and they did not keep up with their employees very well.
Pros
building parties
Cons
negative environment
Litigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 24, 2017
If you're looking to learn in a fast-paced environment and also something in the legal field pertaining to depositions, then this is the job for yourself.
Pros
Free food
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atkinson-Baker, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Atkinson-Baker, Inc Reviews by Location