Atkinson-Baker, Inc Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly place to work
Vice President of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 12, 2017
I was the VP Human Resources at Atkinson Baker, Inc. I enjoyed working there. Great productive environment. All employees were treated fairly. Pay was fair.
Pros
I enjoyed working with the people there
Cons
There really weren't any
Great Place to Work In
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 28, 2017
Atkinson Baker requires that you always bring your A-game everyday. Everyone works hard. The company runs a very tight ship. The company really values the employee's stats and attendance. Everyone is expected to stick to the company policies whether you are a lowly clerk or a VP. The owners are really nice and have an open door policy. The only downside is the pay could be a couple dollars higher.
Pros
The whole company works hard, free lunches, the company makes you feel valuable
Cons
Low pay
Good for experience, bad for everything else
Transcript Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 3, 2017
This job is good if you need to get some office experience. The training is thorough. If not creepy. Number 1 problem...the owners and many of the higher level execs are scientologists, with many of their profits going to church contributions that paying employe3s what they really deserve.
Run by Scientologists
Detail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 29, 2016
This is a business run by Scientologists, as such, the work environment can be a little weird. Compensation can be good for medium and upper level employees. They pay entry level wages for entry level work. There is an environment of political correctness unique to them (but not necessarily worse) than other businesses. When I worked there are a Detail Clerk I received health benefits.
Pros
9 to 5 almost every day, healthcare
Cons
gossip
Very nice people
Settings Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 16, 2016
I didn't work here for too long, but everyone I encountered here was very nice, and they seem like they wanted to make sure you succeed.
Pros
Friendly people, professional environment.
Cons
Low salary
Stable, fair and consistent
Floater (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 12, 2016
Atkinson-Baker provides a very stable environment. It is fair and has a lot of structure. I enjoy how you go into work and just do your best. It's just that simple. Co-workers are very nice no matter which department you are in.
Fun, productive workplace
Transcript Inspector (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 31, 2016
Being a transcript inspector was an interesting and challenging job so days went by really fast, which was great. I was surrounded by great people and the upper management was always nice to be around. Great place to work.
Pros
Hour long lunch break, Always having birthday or holiday parties
Cons
Sometimes they micro-manage
Great Place to work with wonderful people from many offices.
Detail and Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 22, 2015
The typical workday is busy and interactive time with other employees improves productivity. I learned how to multi-task very well. I also had the job of dealing with both production and shipping, as well as, working with offices in Los Angeles, and San Francisco via email, phone, and fax. The most difficult part of this job was the work load, however the time working made the job very rewarding as I was able to keep busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of reward completing many tasks and jobs for the company. My office space was small in size and had only a few employees that made work very rewarding, working in a team with the others.
Pros
Christmas bonus check
Cons
no pay raises
Please check out Glassdoor to see real reviews for this Company
Anonymouis (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 21, 2015
This is run by Scientologist, they do not give credits to people with a degree. They will promote you if you are a member or a favorite. Only apply if you are in need of job experience and money. This company's turn over is one of the worst out there. Apply at your own risk.
Pros
Free Parking and its in Glendale
Cons
Low Pay, 401 is just like savings account, no sick leave. 2 weeks PTO a year for full time.
Great Place to work at.
Director of Records Assets and Materiel (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 14, 2015
Great place to work at while going to school. Staff was wonderful. Not enough hours.Management was great. Flexible hours
Productive and serious workplace
Calendar Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 19, 2014
I have learned and still learning on how to problem solve.
I have worked here for a long time so the hardest part would be to find more work to do.
I enjoy all the relationships I have made at my company.
comfortable, busy,
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 19, 2013
a typical day at work is checking depos and pushing jobs forward. Training new employees and helping other departments
Pros
holiday pay
Cons
short breaks
Quiet and busy office
Litigation Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 3, 2013
On a daily basis I would recieve transcrpts and make any corrections that were indicated by the person reviewing it. I would make electronic, hard, email, and cd copies of the transcripts for the recipents. This was done all day everyday.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Too much religion in workplace
Constantly a productive day in the office
Reporter Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 28, 2012
I hold a unique position at Atkinson-Baker Court Reporters. I recruit and reprimand freelance court reporters who join our company. No one else is trained to do my job. My co-workers and I all respect each other. They are all easy to get along with in and outside of work. The hardest part of my job is having to let go of one of my co-workers. You never know what their reaction would be after being told that they are let go. I love talking to court reporters. Since they spend their day recording legal proceedings, they get to unwind and talk freely to me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atkinson-Baker, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Atkinson-Baker, Inc Reviews by Location