Atkore International Employee Reviews

Productive and fast pace environment
Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJune 19, 2018
Receive production numbers by 0930, first deadline 1100. Inputting numbers into sage, processing 9 different spreadsheets, I stay very busy. My job is all about time management because my second deadline is 1400. I have learned a lot about the different processes it takes to make pvc pipe and the different compounds that need to be on hand for all of this to take place. I have also learned how to track and order railcars since that is what most of our compound comes in.
This is a great place to work, the people are very friendly and welcomed me with open arms.
Pros
Most days the management team goes to lunch together.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Expectations un real.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 13, 2018
This company will get you out the door without thinking twice. No loyalty toward good employees. They're always changing the budget to get what they are looking for. Upper management leads by intimidation.
Pros
None.
Cons
Too many to count
Great people to work with
Supply Chain/Operations/Engineering Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIMarch 19, 2018
Atkore has a great line of Electrical Metal Products (conduit, pipe, strut, strut fittings, cable trays, etc.). I had no problems with management or the people I worked with. I got laid off from a company wide layoff, but I enjoyed my time and learned a lot.
Very stressful atmosphere. Nothing anyone does is good enough.
Manager (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIMarch 1, 2018
New corporate management has made this a very bad place to work. You are expected to put in more than 10 hours a day and closer to 12. Less than 10 is considered a half day. I would not recommend it for anyone.
Family oriented place to work.
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INFebruary 11, 2018
Great place to work. Allows you to be flexible with hour. Offers great insurance. Small family oriented environment. Enjoy working with the employees.
Pros
Small Company
Cons
Long Days
Proceed with Caution
Product Compliance Associate (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILNovember 8, 2017
Stressful work environment and managers were not open to change and neither were vp's. There we lots of meeting to make improvements however, input was not taken seriously.
not a bad job
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILOctober 16, 2017
worked with a team of people, lot to learn about different equipment. could get better equipment for maintenance, more PTO days, could have a more cleaner environment.
Great Place to Work
N/A (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILOctober 11, 2017
Awesome leadership and culture. Great sense of teamwork and continuous improvement. Always have an event going on to continuously improve the processes.
Pros
Pay, Career Development, Continuous Improvement, Good Cafeteria on-site
Cons
Face paced
Tough Company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILOctober 2, 2017
Atkore is a tough company to work for. A lot of stress and politics in the culture. A lot to learn if you stick it out though. While I was there, I did learn a lot.
Stressful during Executive Transitions
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILSeptember 28, 2017
While the COO and other executives enjoyed their golden parachute, others were dismissed as useless. Although some programs are in place for career development, none are truly effective.
Pros
Ideal Location
Cons
Interdepartmenal Rivalry/Lack of Cohesive Mindset
Excellent place to work
Labor Pool/FTA/Threader Operator (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILSeptember 25, 2017
Atkore truly cares about their employees. They provide a comfortable and safe work environment with room for personal and professional growth. The only reason I'm looking to leave is because I want to relocate to Nashville, Tennessee to be closer to my elderly parents.
Streesful Environment
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INSeptember 18, 2017
This company has a lot of potential but upper management fail to put in the necessary work for minor situations that end up creating big problems! Correct this and things would be great.
horrible pay/schedule
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXAugust 5, 2017
Twelve hour shifts on a rotating schedule with mandatory overtime and on call schedule that made no sense due to the fact that they do not stick to on call list and changed it as it suited them if you were not able to come in they docked you points.
Horrible managment and Work Conditions
Operator (Former Employee) –  Milford, UTJuly 31, 2017
This company says how they appreciate their employees however they under pay them and treat them horrible. Their is no work life balance, and make sure that you do not get hurt at work because I did and was Fired or filing Workmans Comp ( which should be illegal except in a right to work state they can treat you however they want). Beware of this company and their managment it is a JOKE!!
Pros
A Paycheck
Cons
Everything especially Managment
Good ppl to work for but
Lead Man/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, OHJuly 24, 2017
But underpaid and under appreciated 12hr a day at 9.74an hr in extreme heat in summer and freezing cold in winter at least it was in Carrollton Oh and in December they laid everyone off and with a 23 day warning
Pros
Had a water cooler
Great work environment
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJune 28, 2017
Work hard and you can advance.rotating shifts with 10 minute breaks.supervisors are nice and willing to work with employees.great benifits medical,dental,vision,and short term and long term disability
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Rotating shifts
Was a great place to work before Atkore bought it.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 21, 2017
Just a overall bad management team in place. Typical corporate attitude no one is needed and the ones that work others take credit for that work. Too Political you can't just go to work and do your job and enjoy it without all the politics and being in fear for your job because no one cares.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Terrible Management
Balanced work place, average difficulty.
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILJune 2, 2017
Decent place to work, has its pros and cons like every company does. Biggest complaint would be that the company does not see proper maintenance as an important aspect of successfully running a company.
Pros
Small, everyone gets along for the most part
Cons
Lack of maintenance, not much room for moving up
a nice place to work for
Operator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILApril 30, 2017
a nice place to work fgr and I work there for 4 years. The place was acceptable place top be employed by but im just looking for where I can grow and a different position
Good work place
Material Handler and Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Milford, UTApril 18, 2017
Good to work fun place give yourself time to adapt gets hot in the summers and cold in the winters and some shifts are always better than others and night shifts are rough
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long days