ATLANTA BRAVES Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Supervisor Marketing and Promotion (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2019
a very fun place to work at and a great structure organization to work for. I interact with fans, give out free promotional items, answer questions and what ever the fans may need, etc.
Pros
its varys
Cons
breaks to short and parking to far
Atlanta Braves
Accessible Services Host (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2019
Fun, fast-paced environment with a goal to achieve successful customer service before, during, and after each home game. I would report about 3-4 hours before first pitch and leave about an hour or two after each game. It just depended on how busy we were. I learned teamwork skills that I haven't experienced through sports. I also learned the basics of customer service and was able to grow on that aspect everyday. The culture was great because everybody was treated equally and everybody received tremendous encouragement from management. The hardest part of the job was knowing that there are guests that will complain no matter what, even if they were treated fairly or had experienced a problem that was out of your control. The most enjoyable part was being a part of a great organization and being surrounded by passionate baseball fans every game.
Baseball
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2019
Your get to play professional baseball. They hold them selves to a high standard as a professional organization. They don't allow pants down or colored cleats
Pros
professional baseball
Cons
amazing to watch the games
Stand Leader (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GADecember 20, 2018
i overall loved to workers but the overall job lacks money. they had broken air conditioners, deaths have happened there, and i feel its just not a safe company.
Pros
the game
Cons
broken air conditioning, small compacted cooking area, and deaths have happened there
It was a seasonal job
Usher/Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 12, 2018
Seasonal only. Not permanent. It was fun. I plan on working there again next season. Great place to work.

It was great working with the public. Management was great. It was a team environment.
Pros
Get to watch the games and get paid for it
Cons
Standing up for long periods of time on concrete
Toxic Work Environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2018
The tenured employees are the worst! Certain departments dont work well together. Very toxic, not a great atmosphere for someone who is NOT sheepish and has intergrity! HR does a good job pretending to be impartial, but they are not! The toxic people have made HR their allies to cover their dirt. Minorities beware...
Pros
Good PTO
Cons
Racist, unprofessional
Productive work atmosphere with positive leaders
Game Entertainment & Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2018
Working for the braves is a great opportunity in the entertainment industry. This company takes care of the employees and fans. The Braves have a great staff and make the most of everyday.
A dream job
Trackman Operator/Field Timing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 5, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the club. The full-time staff is very supportive of the gameday employees and it felt like we were very cohesive and on the same page at all times.
Enjoyed my time with the Braves
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  SunTrust Bank parkOctober 11, 2018
I am a huge baseball fan. I got a chance to see every home game as well received free tickets as the employee of the month to share with family. The hourly pay is too low and the parking is the worst. I met some great people working here.
Pros
Seeing all the games and players. Paid lunch break.
Cons
Parking is so far away. Hourly pay is low.
Fun workplace
Events Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2018
You get bad hours, and bad pay. But it’s fun and it looks good on your resume. The only time this job would be good for you benefitual, hourly and pay rate you would need to work in the front office
A toxic place to work
Membership Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2018
The Braves are not conducive to the improvement or upward mobility of anyone except white males. The leadership at the top consists of tyrants and bullies, leaving VPs for each department in a tough spot and those under the VP in a dire situation. HR is a joke, they are in bed with the tyrants at the top. The Braves give you just good enough health insurance and enough PTO to keep you coming back to a stagnant career making terrible money. My recommendation is to get a job where you can afford to go to the games instead of working at the Braves where you will have to work 80% of the games (and still get taxed on the "free" tickets they give you- only 2/game).
Pros
Decent health insurance.
Cons
Over worked, under paid and under appreciated.
The place seems exciting until you get in there.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2018
Culture varies by department. Overall the lower level full time workers are subject to the hierarchy of friendships. No fairness. There is truly no diversity among women and minorities. The baseball team is, but NOT the corporate office. Most minorities and women who work for the Braves are contracted employees, NOT official Braves.
Pros
Free meals on game day for full time working employees. Game tickets.
Cons
Long hours. Departments vary. Rukes are NOT universal.
A different, but enjoyable environment
Tomahawk Team Member/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2018
Working for the Braves felt like the most fun I have ever had working a job. The other employees are fantastic and the fans you meet make it worthwhile.
Interesting and exciting place to work
Game Day Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2018
I enjoyed my experience working at the Atlanta Braves.
I enjoyed the interaction with guests and the atmosphere of working in a sports arena.
The opportunity to work behind the scenes and experience working for a professional sports organization.
The training provided was.very educational.
Pros
Training was excellent
Cons
Looking for a permanent position not seasonal
Exciting and Delightful
Gameday Security (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2018
Even though my role is serious I still feel like a fan because of my love for baseball and the morale that has been set by the organization. Truly a great place to work for a part time job.
Pros
Seasonal, Activities, Experiences, Friendships
Easy but boring
CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2018
Long hours on your feet, ridiculous rules, and nasty cafe food. However, it is an easy job if looking to make a quick buck. For a company that makes a lot I thought they would treat their employees better but no. For employee appreciation we recieved posters that were already free for the customer and a bag of chips. Real nice, right?
Pros
easy, you do nothing
Cons
nothing discounted, long hours, on feet all day
Security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2018
Working for Atlanta Braves was great and exciting. Only wish they paid more money and gave more hours a week to security. This would be the only two things I see needs to be changed here at the Braves.
Fun working place
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2018
I really like Atlanta Braves but low pay and we get to go a free game and win prizes the staff is nice but the pay is very low and every Friday fireworks happen
Pros
The atmosphere
Cons
low pay!!
tremendious place and great enviroment
cook supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2018
it is fun to work with the Atlanta braves . I truly enjoy the team and the outstanding games that play. my work was truly an asset to the company and overall it was a great pleasure working. I have been challenge with many task and I have learn a tremendous amount. it have been a great deal. I love to be challenge with task where as my skills can be challenge
Great to to work as second job
Pronotions (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2018
It brings in some extra cash into the household only if you have another job. Braves will pay you on the 15th and 30th of each month. Only problem are chances of promotions are slim to none and everyone starting pay rate is $8.00.
Pros
Fun and calm relaxed environment
Cons
pay rate and lack of career advancement