Atlanta Community Food Bank Employee Reviews

ISyE Senior Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  AtlantaMay 12, 2018
No cons. I was not working on the premises so I cannot comment about it too much but overall it was nice to interact with ACFB people. Very approachable.
Great mission. Poor choices in Management selection
Senior Accountant (Fixed Assets) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2018
Management does not value their employees nor do they appear to care about what the employees bring to the organization. Although the Atlanta Food Bank is an outreach organization, they often times are more focused on the pounds of food and the money they can get into the organization while on the other hand the employees' pay and benefits are overlooked.
Pros
Great work for the community.
Cons
Very low wages. Marginal healthcare. Work-life balance
Overall Great Mission
Volunteer Services Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed working with the staff at the Atlanta Community Food Bank. The mission motivated me to work everyday. I looked forward to working in support of the Partner Agencies who supported the needs of the clients. My most enjoyable experiences were our Annual Events such as Hunger Walk and Taste of the Nation.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2017
This was actually a volunteer position, but I did enjoy the experience. It was a wonderful environment; I know working there could be great, too. I was on an assembly line packing, weighing, and labelling boxes of food to be delivered to families in need.
Great Mission
Group Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2017
Non Profit with a great Mission. I have loved being a part of such an awesome mission which is the most rewarding and enjoyable part of the job.

I also engage one on one with volunteers who support the mission - I am in love with our volunteers
Pros
great mission
Cons
changing leadership
The Food Bank
Forklift Operator/Order puller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2017
Being at this work place really gave me the feeling that I was doing something good not only for my community, but the world. There are millions of hungry and homeless people who need help. That's the great thing about working there.
I enjoy working at the Atlanta Community Food Bank
Food Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2016
I started at the Atlanta Community Food Bank as a volunteer on the grocery floor. I had been there for approximately 3 years when a job for a food sourcing specialist became available. My 20+ years of experience in sales was a great fit for this position as it required the same skills. Relationship building, networking, cold calling, sales monitoring, etc.

Aside from the job, being part of this organization is rewarding in that people are being fed. It has a great mission and theres a strong sense of teamwork throughout the organization.
Pros
Helping put food on the table of those in need
Cons
There is still food insecurity in greater Atlanta
Very fulfilling and rewarding organization
Donor Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2016
Being a part of such an awesome organization is very fulfilling. I enjoy working along side of brilliant and like-minded people who have the same goal in mind: working to end hunger.
Mobile benefts screener
Mobile Benefit Screener (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2016
drive to many location to assist people on gaining or renew food stamps and or medicade and or medicare. the job was just an internship for a semester and it was a great expericence. I would love to work there and not just intern.
Pros
travel in georgia, meet new people
Cons
had to use personal care
That department won't keep anyone to long.
Order puller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2016
To much favoritism for Certain Employees,or should I say certain Employee!!!! The supervisor will let them come in Hours late... and they get help to get Caught up, And when that Late person is done they Hide and ride the Clock while you are still working?? You be the judge of that. Try being an (Order Puller ) and find out!!
Benefits
Cons
No good leadership.
Fast and enjoyable work hours
Food Sort (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2015
Every day we would do different task. The type of task we did were packing, unpacking, moving, weighing, and labeling boxes. I learned how to work fast and be efficient. My co-workers were nice people who I could get along with easy. The hardest part for me was being told to take a break. I am not the kind of person to take a break. The best part about the job was being able to listen to music, sing, and chat with others while working..
Pros
music
Cons
not able to not take a reak
Community service.
Active Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GeorgiaJanuary 12, 2015
I only volunteered here to contribute to community service. it was a Very rewarding experience. We help community organizations pull merchandise from the sales floor.
Helping a Community in Need
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  AtlantaDecember 9, 2014
Volunteer work, but from what I saw when I dealt with them, they seem like extremely nice people.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2014
Volunteers inspect, sort and pack quality grocery items including non-perishable goods such as canned and packaged products, perishable goods such as frozen/refrigerated items and health and beauty products for distribution to over 600 non-profit organizations in the Metro Atlanta and North Georgia area.
Family oriented workplace
General Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2014
I enjoyed the atmosphere and meeting new people. There was more than enough work to keep me busy throughout the day.
Non-Profit Professional
Agency Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 26, 2013
There is no typical day at work. You have the opportunity to learn about various non-profits as well as yourself. I have excellent co-workers. The most enjoyable part about the job is helping those in need.
Pros
An opportunity to help those in needs
Cons
N/a
Great place to work, very productive!
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2013
Typical day at work was entering in information from donors who donated to the food bank. Also set up batches to complete for the next day. I learned that there are a lot of giving people in the world. I went to work happy knowing that we all cared for each other in different ways. Management were not shoulder sharks. They hired you to do a job as a responsible adult, there was no need to be on our backs since they knew we worked hard. If there need to be something said about the work you produced it was productive criticism. The hardest part this job was being let go, since I was Temp and had another job lined up (which fell through) I would have loved to continue to work there. The most enjoyable part of this job was the way everybody worked to gether, it was awesome !!!!
subpar management
former employee (Former Employee) –  warehouseJuly 19, 2013
My experience as an employee was bitter sweet...
I admire Mr. Bolling and he has done a remarkable job with the food bank and its culture. But since he isn't there most of time he doesn't see the inferior job of management.
Certain things were swept under the rug. Some were fired for the pettiest of things. I've witnessed them give a certain agency an entire truck load of chicken for free in two visits with no paper trail. Giving free pallets of snacks to their "preferred"agencies when the less fortunate agencies have to pay for everything. Some were given prior notice when certain merchandise arrived. A few of their favorite agencies aren't even inspected. Warehouse employees risked their lives hanging Christmas lights 50+ in the air for a fund raiser (execs kept walking); and then one was fired for being raised 4 feet trying to fixed their own dock door.
Pros
It was a family-like atmosphere, For the most part everyone got along there. I've made some great friends there.
Cons
Management was NEVER consistent on implementing rules and guidelines
No opportunities for advancement or progression
Meeting Coordinator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2013
Lots of work and no appreciation. Not much to say other than I slaved for this organization for 5 years and was offered nothing in return.
Pros
a job
Cons
No opportunities for advancement.
Love it
Volunteer Group Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2013
AMAZING place to work. I love the food bank and if my family and I were not relocating it would definitely be the place I would retire from.
Pros
the volunteers
Cons
seeing so many people in need.