Atlanta Hawks Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
It's sports, nothing surprising
ASSISTANT, CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2018
Sports is tough. Low pay for a lot of responsibilities and hours. Benefits are great, culture is great and overall a fun place to work. Flex hours are a plus and having a relaxed dress code is nice.
Pros
Fun culture, good benefits, fun environment, great connections
Cons
Transparency is preached but doesn't always seem evident, raises/promotions shouldn't be limited to once a year, compensate employees who are making up for holes in the department
Fun Workplace
NBA Cheerleader and Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2017
This was a part-time role that a started in conjunction with my fulltime career and I loved it. It was an awesome way to stay in shape and continue to do something in my life that I loved, which was dance. Great culture and a ton of fun.
Opportunity for growth
Mgr (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2017
The Hawks and Philips arena provide a great opportunity to grow your career in the sports industry. Many young professionals, creative minds, and experienced individuals.
great time with the company
NBA player (Former Employee) –  CCN building Atlanta Ga,April 27, 2017
the company and franchise was A1 form the owner to the GM the coaching staff and trainers where some of the best in the league and treated everyone equally
Pros
all good from top to bottom
Cons
Great management and opportunity for growth
Consultant, Group Sales and Membership (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2017
The managers that I worked with on the sales team were not just concerned with your performance, but they were invested in each individuals' career. We had weekly trainings, bi-weekly one-on-one meetings with our direct manager, and learning sessions with senior reps on the staff. Internal promotions happen very often as long as their is a spot open. Even if there isn't and you are ready to take the next step in your career, they are committed to connecting you with others in the industry to help you find a promotion elsewhere.
Pros
training, management, great culture
Cons
hard work-life balance with 44 home games and long hours
Love working with everyone in the office!
Retail Web Assistant (Current Employee) –  101 Marietta StreetJanuary 15, 2017
Email consumers, update website content, ship packages.
Meet with retail staff to provide a better experience with consumers and also make sure inventory is correct.
Fun place to work
Manager, Player Programs (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2016
Sports industry is tough but working for the Hawks helped me grow. Everyone working there loved there job and we worked as a team to get things done. If you have to work long hours, what better environment to be in than a sports arena?
Great start
Basketball Development & Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
The Atlanta Hawks gave me my start and I love them for that. Every day was something new and helped me start my career in sports.
Fun culture but low compensation
Membership Associate Ticket Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2016
Great place to work compensation was real low. Great place to start your career coming out of college with great sales training.
Excellent Organization
Coordinator, Corporate Partner Activation (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2016
The Atlanta Hawks are a great organization to work for. They offer a fun environment with a lot of opportunities. The organization is led by amazing leadership.
Disorganized atmosphere
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2015
I would not recommend working for this organization. There were too many tasks assigned to too few people, and the expectations are unrealistic.
Energetic, loud, and full of fun
Flight Crew and Fan Force (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2015
There is no such thing as a typical day as a Hawks brand ambassador. Every workday brings something new to the table, one day your in a parade, the next your'e shooting hoops with toddlers, and another your'e sprinting in the Phillips arena with thunder sticks. This job has taught me how to get out of my comfort zone by connecting with fans of all ages.
Pros
Free paraphernalia, catered lunch
Cons
The job uses every once of your energy
Exciting environment and the team is outstanding
Stage Manager / Production staff (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GAApril 20, 2015
Starts with a production meeting and then into fan experience...

After you grab a quick snack that is provided by our lovely stage director its off to work, meeting and greeting the members as they arrive and preparing the props and on court activities for the rest of the game. There is a lot of running when it comes to my current position but it is not hard work.
Pros
The overall experience
Cons
Fun and exciting place to work, but always trouble with owners.
Manager, HR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2014
Fun and exciting place to work, but always trouble with owners which leads to low morale and the lack of security. Fun industry and work though. Most people enjoy their work.
Great learning experience
Membership Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2014
I learned the fundamentals of the art of sales and I believe that these skills will be vital to pursuing any career path in the future.
• Used instructional training methods to teach youth of all ages fundamental basketball skills in various clinics.
Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2014
It was a great atmosphere. As a coach, you are able to learn more fundamentals and tools for students; however, there is little upward mobility in terms of a career.
Worked in professional sports
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2014
A typical day would involve making 00 calls to prospective business and personal clients. Face to face meetings with business' and tours of Philips Arena. During game days I would work a sales desk and perform tours. I learned the importance of hard work and how working hard will get you ahead more than any prior experience. THe hardest part of the day was getting so many voicemails and having people shut you down even though you know that you may be able to help them save money or enjoy the experience more. The most enjoyable part was seeing clients enjoy the environment and knowing that you may have helped that family or business.
Pros
free NBA and WNBA games
Cons
extremely long work hours
I was given tons of responsibilities which I enjoyed very much
PUBLIC RELATIONS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 12, 2013
I handles my own blog on the team website. I was able to travel with the team to road games. I was able to write team press releases. The most enjoyable part of the job was being taught how to report on player efficiency which allowed me access to tons of information. My team President allowed me the freedom to implement ideas which were considered when it came to player movement.
Pros
I was able to have the freedom to bring new ideas to the team
Cons
no cons whatsoever
Team-Focused Environment
Public Relations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2013
Everybody with the Hawks is focused on achieving the same goal.
Pros
High Morale
Cons
Not crazy about changing/updating methods
Good place to work for
Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2013
Good place to work for and learn from. Worked as an intern and everyone was very open to teaching. Fun environment.